FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Boondocks





CompactHaven
Do you believe the Boondocks has a positive or negative toll on our culture in America. How about the effect it has on black people in America?
ejmaster
I believe that the comic strip is interesting and thought provoking at times, however the show is way too absured to be considered "effective". Old school comic strips like Doonsbury and Penuts will ultimatley have a more lasting imact than The Boondocks ever will.
Monkeydog
I love the Boondocks, but only when it's focused more on Huey...if it's not on Huey, it usually seems too dumb for my little mind to handle.
baldheadedgames
ejmaster wrote:
I believe that the comic strip is interesting and thought provoking at times, however the show is way too absured to be considered "effective". Old school comic strips like Doonsbury and Penuts will ultimatley have a more lasting imact than The Boondocks ever will.


I disagree, although comically random and "absured", it has a positive influence because it deals with the truth, it just makes jokes out of it, but many of thier topics are true, not all, but many of them, I really was influenced by this, I'm not black I'm mexican, but it did influence me to be pround of my ethnicity and to not care what other people think. That is my opinion.
Panthrowzay
Its a slap in the black commities face a welcomed slap, I wonder why its not on BET or TV1, the show is pure gold. Its shows the idiotical thoughts/values of the black commitiy and thier hypocrital reacttions *is black*
Scaramanga
Panthrowzay wrote:
Its a slap in the black commities face a welcomed slap, I wonder why its not on BET or TV1, the show is pure gold. Its shows the idiotical thoughts/values of the black commitiy and thier hypocrital reacttions *is black*

It's probably NOT on BET because Aaron Mcgruder has slammed BET a good number of times.

Also, does anyone watch the new animated series on Adult Swim? It's kind of hit or miss with me, but last week's ep with Samual L. Jackson was hilarious.
k8eb90
Ha, I love this show. I think it accuratly protrays life today. Sorta. Rolling Eyes
diddle
I dont think this is "anime", but um yeah its a pretty cool show. I like the show. It has its funny moments and its not so funny moments, but uh yeah, its alright.
CMA
Boondocks = not japanese = not anime

I haven't seen much of it. Only a few episodes and bits that a friend showed me. Looks like a good show, though.
alkady
Boondocks are the greatest, Obviously this strip have both positive and negative things but what can I say its just damm funny.
alkady
CMA wrote:
Boondocks = not japanese = not anime

I haven't seen much of it. Only a few episodes and bits that a friend showed me. Looks like a good show, though.


The boondocks may not be Japanese but its a mix of Japanese and American Drawing,
alkady
Scaramanga wrote:
Panthrowzay wrote:
Its a slap in the black commities face a welcomed slap, I wonder why its not on BET or TV1, the show is pure gold. Its shows the idiotical thoughts/values of the black commitiy and thier hypocrital reacttions *is black*

It's probably NOT on BET because Aaron Mcgruder has slammed BET a good number of times.

Also, does anyone watch the new animated series on Adult Swim? It's kind of hit or miss with me, but last week's ep with Samual L. Jackson was hilarious.


You must be talking about Lets nab oprah episode 12, That was surly funny. But not as funny as Episode 5, A date with the health inspector in which Jackson appears in.
alkady
ejmaster wrote:
I believe that the comic strip is interesting and thought provoking at times, however the show is way too absured to be considered "effective". Old school comic strips like Doonsbury and Penuts will ultimatley have a more lasting imact than The Boondocks ever will.


True, But the boondock offers Quality Drawing compared to the average comic strips which is only scribbling in my eyes. Their content reflects to reality which is fresh, But is usually a bit behind in world events except for occasions in which breaking news occur.
Related topics
Adult Swim
How did you come up with your username?
South Park
Jefferton Alive!
What college did/do you go to?
[OFFICIAL] Favorite Anime?
i love calvin and hobbes.
Whats Yor nr.1 TV Show?
[SOLVED] Offensive words...
Why do you like ANIME? - LOL
boondocks
The Boondocks
Favorite Series?
Stop Snitching
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Anime and Comics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.