FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Greatest comics!

Jack_Hammer
I was wondering who you thought were good comics?, and why,
(please refrain from spam)

Personally I like:
Robin Williams (He is good sometimes, the first few times I've seen him he was better)
Jack Dee (Just hilarious, I wish he did more stand-up)
Eddie Izzard (His dresses scare me a little)
George Carlin (When he complains about things, funny but sometimes he gets too caught up in them)

Other comics;
Bill Hicks
Chris Rock
Jeremy Hardy
Andy Hamilton (He's just awesome)
Mark Steel

(This list is endless)...
Jeslyn
I was thinking "comic books" from the title, originally.
Anyway, I like Ellen Degeneres, Cedric the Entertainer and Steve Harvey, and Whoopi Goldberg
Soulfire
I was thinking like comic strips as well. Hmm, I'm not really into comedy I suppose, or at least I don't know the names of the guys who make me laugh.
David_Pardy
One requirement for being Australian is enjoying the antics of Carl Barron.

If you don't like Carl Barron, you're not Australian. He's one of the funniest men alive.

Also, there's that guy whose name I've forgotten.... Did an imitation of that husky voice guy who does movie voice-overs... "One man....." bah, can't remember his name.
Zuwiki
I find Mitch Hedberg to be absolutely hilarious. He's easily my favorite source for a laugh.
Vrythramax
Ron White from The Blue Collar Comedy Tour is right off his rocker. The guy is so funny it can't be legal.
Jack_Hammer
I'll have a look at the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, sounds awesome. When I think at look at all the comedy I've read, listened to or watched I must have seen a lot more than my share for my life. I talk to other people about comedy, they've never seen any of the stuff I've seen, it's horrific, no wonder some people are so depressed, lol.

What I really can't understand though, is people that don't like comedy?, how, it's funny?, how could you not like it?, or the people that are too dumb to actually understand what is so funny... They don't understand it which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable lol, because there am I laughing my arse off, and they are there with a perplexed look on their face (Especially GF's, lol, because then it's only you and her in the room).
Vrythramax
Jack_Hammer wrote:
I'll have a look at the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, sounds awesome.

You'll love it, it's a riot.

Quote:
What I really can't understand though, is people that don't like comedy?, how, it's funny?, how could you not like it?

Some people, it seems to me anyway, thrive on misery and turmoil, and if they aren't happy....YOU shouldn't be either. This is the new millenium, misery not only loves company....it demands it.
Ms.Pseudo
I like Renée Zellweger, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie the best. I think, that GB has got the best comedians, or maybe they just do have same kind of sense of humour that I have.
Animal
Ms.Pseudo wrote:
I like Renée Zellweger, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie the best. I think, that GB has got the best comedians, or maybe they just do have same kind of sense of humour that I have.

Renee Zellweger isn't a comedian - she's an actress and does an OK job in comedy roles (particularly in Me, Myself and Irene with Jim Carey!). The only thing is... she's American, so she wouldn't fall under your "Best GB Comedians" thing.

Wink
novisdesign
Jacky Mason is my favorite. Dont ask, go get a cd
Jayfarer
Jim Gaffigan. The guy is all around good at stand-up. He transitions everything well and his humor is fresh. He had a sitcom for a couple of episodes on CBS, something like "Welcome to New York", but that format is not for him. Just because he's a comedian doesn't mean they should throw him in a sitcom.

Lewis Black. His rage is satisfying and hilarious.

Dave Attell. A unique, crude, enjoyable sense of humor.
Vrythramax
Jayfarer wrote:
Lewis Black. His rage is satisfying and hilarious.

This guy is too funny, he makes me wonder if he isn't going to have a stroke on stage sometimes. He gets soooo worked up during his monologues. What I like best about him is he stays on top of everyday events and uses them in his comedy routine. I also like Denis Miller for the same reasons, the guy is obviously intelligent (he, Denis Miller was the camgaign manager for some big politician, I don't remember which one), and he uses his rants as a way of putting forth his own political agenda....which is fine by me as long as he's funny.
TheFaction
for me its mainly dane cook. i dunno why he still hasnt been mentioned b/c his comedy can be related to almost anything in real life....and when u see something that he jokes about actually happen...i find to be even more hillarrious....and i can never listen to a car alarm the same way ever again haha
thiamshui
I don't really like to read comics.. Same for fiction books.. I only read IT or Robotics related books.. Sad
n0obie4life
Moved to anime and comics.
ainieas
Rowan Atkinson but not at the top of my list. Carl Barron to an extend. Can't remember anymore! Embarassed
pe46
i think death note is the best comics since i ever read comics for 4 years
it have many reason question all
gh0stface
pe46 wrote:
i think death note is the best comics since i ever read comics for 4 years
it have many reason question all

You might actually want to READ previous posts instead of just posting. As this topic is about comedians...
rightclickscott
Why this was moved to Anime and Comics, I'll never know. If anyone is actually still reading this, I miss Mitch Hedberg. He was argueably the best comedian of all time. He died of an OD though. Ah well, a glowstick lit for those we lost. You'll always be in our hearts, Mitch.
Cthulhuman
My favorite comics are the ones by Jhonen Vasquez (The creator of ZIM) they are so brilliant and gory in a comedic manner. I would suggest them to any one they are Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee, Filler Bunny, and I Feel Sick. They are all incorporated in together and you should read them all. DO IT!!!
delishnoodles
OMFG! I love Jennifer Tanner's comics!!!!!!!! EEEE!!!! Gosh Im weird..O_o