FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CPU fan

Xminor131
I have been for a while now dealing with an excessively loud CPU fan. A horrible thing to contend with when trying to record audio from a mic. After some searching around the net I decided to replace the stock fan with a Zalman 9500 and just wanted to report the good results I'm getting with it. It's ultra quiet and the CPU is even running about 3 dgrees lower while idle. Some of you guys might be dealing with similar situations and looking for a solution. Smile
anticitizen1
the last weekend ive solved the same problem with my cpu fan.
the fans was running about 6000 rpms.. the noise was terrible.
some time ive turned on my pc... and some one in other room, asked:
is it raining? the my sister reply: No, is my brothers pc.

then i replaced the FAN with the original one ( i was using a noisy thermal take ). And then made a MOD to the CASE, made a big hole, and added
another chasis fan in front of CPU Fans, the tharmal reduction was: 10.
The noise was reduced too.
cueno
Liquid cooling my friends!
Helios
Hey cueno, many people can't afford liquid cooling.

Best fan I saw was Evercool's 120mm fan.(reasonable price too)
Of course, there are fans for 50$ and maybe more, but that's just too expensive in my opinion.

Search for cpu cooling reviews in google, you should find many comparison reviews.
gianx80
I use the Thermaltake Volcano 9... it produces an orrible noise but by now I've got used to it.
chip1980
just because ur computer is loud it doesnt always mean its ur cpu fan it could be u psu. If not then why dont u install oc guru its good it can adjust the speed level of ur cpu fan so it will b more quiet
Boles Roor
chip1980 wrote:
just because ur computer is loud it doesnt always mean its ur cpu fan it could be u psu. If not then why dont u install oc guru its good it can adjust the speed level of ur cpu fan so it will b more quiet

I'd get Speedfan if you just want to do that. It barely eats any resources and has excelent features.

And yes, I agree, the Zalman 9500 is an excelent piece of kit. ^^ I controll it with Speedfan and let it run on 90% speed. Drops the noise a little too, and it barely makes a difference in heat.
bassgs_17
Man, that fan's a BEAST. I really need something like that, my OC'd Celeron D 340 (3.4 ghz now) runs ferociously hot. Or I could go with liquid.
-Aquastrike
webmastering
If you want ultra quiet cooling, you should use fannless heatsinks.
They provide plenty of cooling if you are not going to overclock your processor. Be careful when you install them because they are usually very heavy and can crush capacitors etc. on your motherboard if you drop it. They work great, but be sure to use artic silver or a good thermal compound. Smile
harvy
I've already changed water cooling into Arctic Freezer. I'm very satisfied. The cooler is extremely quiet! I've got 12 DB watercooling, and now Arctic Freezer is approx. the same DB level.