FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[OFFICIAL] Fullmetal Alchemist - No new threads about this

Mgccl
I wasn't really into any anime untill I saw FMA, it's just like... GOD like
the whole plot are AMAZING, I say is the best I have ever seen
sadly I have missed 2-36eposodes.....
waiting to see the ending
how does everyone else thinks
Monkeydog
You missed...35 episodes? o.O

Yes, I love Fullmetal Alchemist. The story is just <3
xingshu
I agree ... this is also one of my favourite anime !! You have to quickly watch all the episodes !!!!
Mgccl
But I have no where to watch the epsodes I losted
Wanderer
I love that show. The story is so sad but there is lots of humor in the anime. Like with armstrong and his muscleness and ed when people call him short. The story is so deep that you feel like you know the characters.

almost all the episodes were shown on adult swim. i miss when it was on every weekday.

http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/

all the episodes are hosted on http://www.youtube.com
driftingfe3s
Did anyone watch the moive? I thougth it was... okay. It wasn't what I expected it to be nor did it go in the direction I wanted. The moive was almost an entity on its own, as if there really was no need for it. Still, I guess its worth watching if you like FMA.
Garnet
I watched the movie and I hated it. The show was pretty amazing as far as being well-rounded and everything, but the movie was just no fun.
I'm not crazy about all the "filler episodes" but other than that that shows one my favorites Smile
Moore
I have the FMA shoes from Hot Topic. Red and black with the FMA sign. Very cool.
7gts-scout
Mgccl wrote:

that's sad you missed them. Razz
You can download full epidsode at http://evil-network.net . You must register to post total amount of post to be able to download them. Happy posting Twisted Evil
Dark_Jedi06
FMA is one of the greatest animes ever...second only to awesomeness of Fooly Cooly. Very Happy

I <3 it. Razz

V V V
Garnet
Moore wrote:
I have the FMA shoes from Hot Topic. Red and black with the FMA sign. Very cool.

I want those shoes.

Hey has anyone here read the manga of it? If so, do you like it better?
Hanpusu-kun
The only anime/manga that I've seen the whole series of.
And I love it btw <3
TonkPilz
Loved FMA the story the chars eavry bit of it, its 1 of the series i dident even mind the fillers. and the movie ehh.. dident turn out like i whantet but it whas ok it whas FMA after all
NewGuyinTown
I just love the story of Fullmetal Alchemist. Perfectly drawn.

How can you not like the Elric Brothers?
Jaiye
Me and my brother have watched the whole series (eng subtitles) twice already. Very good show.
roopix
full metal alchemist is one of the few anime shows that has a VERy nice plot and a PRETTY darn decent ending that leaves everyone hanging. definetly a FAV :]
rightclickscott
It did become a really good show. At first, I was skeptical, but now it's gotten to the point where I pretty much need to watch it. I missed the last one, though, since I was playing the hell out of Soul Calibur 3.
k8eb90
The anime is good up till the last 10 eppisodes or so. A bunch of plot holes. But the movie makes up for that.
trickstott
I've never been a fan of anime in general, but I have enjoyed several anime movies. Full Metal is the first anime TV show that I have ever been this effected by. I only the rare live action show has ever made me cry, and this cartoon gets the tears flowing on a regular basis.

I have never seen anything like it.
diddle
HELL YEAH! FMA is REALLY good. I watch it on [AS] so its not editted. Its almost over tho. Its on the episode called "death", which i think is like 1-3 episodes before the ending. I wish it was longer though D:. REally nice anime.
Garnet
Yah the plot holes near the ending of the series are because the show was following the manga, but sadly the manga was coming along too slowly so they had to guess at an ending. If you want the real ending read the manga Wink
ashen
I just have read the manga... T_T
I havent see the anime yet...
Me and my friends planning to cozplay as FMA characters, but we need some help. Especially about the auto-mail.
Anyone want to help us?
Wanderer
The ending was aired on adult swim last saturday. Tt was awesome.

I don't want to spoil it.
yiusunhk
YEAH....FMA is cool...Hey you who said you havn't seen the anime you should do so pretty soon... it's darn good... I mean the manga is awesome but you should really watch it cause it's got a very different feel. Well im sure you all know what I mean when I say that. And by the way, about the auto-mail, you can always just fake it. Get a metal/plastic sheet and wrap it around your arm and then sorta put indents and stuff so that it looks real... be sure to outline it though. It'll look way good. My friend did that and he came third in the competition so it kinda depends on how you want to tackle it.

Ah well good luck~! ^-^
Dragate
I like the show very much too ^^. I like the plot (as most people say). It's also quite moving and emotional. Brings tears to my eyes =P. It's also quite funny and very encouraing. Everyone should try to see a few episodes.

http://www.keiichianimeforever.com

^ has all the episodes of like any anime ever online. No dl's! Amazing $.$!

Hope you enjoy ;D
aerialdreams
I absolutely love FMA!!! I've read most of the manga, but I've only seen very little of the anime... I still love the animation though! Very nicely done... Very Happy I'm hoping that I'll get to see the rest of the episodes too, cuz I've been just jumping around... (I started off seeing the first 8 episodes, then I jumped to the 28th episode, then to one of the last ones... it was really strange.. Confused Kinda frustrating cuz I don't like missing stuff, but I guess the manga sort of patch up the holes in between)
codederek
Nothing beats FMA, not even Naruto, They have some really good pics out for it, and ive seen all of the episodes. I wasn't impressed with the movie. IT was somewhat long and boring and all it really did was tie up loose strings and open up more scenerios...

I think (and hope) that there will be a season 2 coming out soon. It will be released in Japan next year if they decide to do it, I dunno if they will. Something about costing way to much money.
kiseki89
FMA is great! I love it a lot.
Have anyone seen the movie? You can see it @ youtube
http://youtube.com/results?related=full%20metal%20alchemist%20movie

For download of TV episodes, the songs... try here http://realitylapse.com/info/fullalchem/splash.php
ashen
yiusunhk wrote:
YEAH....FMA is cool...Hey you who said you havn't seen the anime you should do so pretty soon... it's darn good... I mean the manga is awesome but you should really watch it cause it's got a very different feel. Well im sure you all know what I mean when I say that. And by the way, about the auto-mail, you can always just fake it. Get a metal/plastic sheet and wrap it around your arm and then sorta put indents and stuff so that it looks real... be sure to outline it though. It'll look way good. My friend did that and he came third in the competition so it kinda depends on how you want to tackle it.

Ah well good luck~! ^-^

Thanks for your tips! ^o^
Do you have a photo of your friend ? I wanna see the sample auto-mail.
Winterborne
OMG!! I LOVE Full Metal Alchemist!!

I'm still mad -------- dies.... -_-.... anyway I won't give anything away since you missed so many episodes and I THINK that one was one of them... >.>...

We have 2 of the metal boxsets and then the next one or two... (how many has come out? i can't remember!) DVDs. The series is totally awesome!

BTW, If you like FMA, you should try Trigun. I love that series as well. Movies I recommend are Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Both are works of art!
eku53ru
I've only seen the first thirty-three episodes of the anime. I guess that'd be a little over the first "season", if you split the series up by the openings and stuff. o_o I didn't really like it as much as I did the manga; it seems like the anime does get quite a lot of acclaim regardless of that, though. And, well, to be frank I loved the music from the series. :3

I was a bit bothered by the way that the principles of alchemy were handled in the anime; perhaps that's why I don't really like it (some of the transmutations/alchemy performed didn't make sense to me xD). Though manga-wise, the current chapters are keeping me in suspense.
siena
Full Metal alchemist

Full Metal alchemist(or FMA) is about the two elric brothers, Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric who tried to bring back their mother, Trisha Elric, who died of an unknown illness by using the forbidden art of alchemy by studying their father's notes and learning alchemy from their teacher; that is Human transmutation.
But their futile attempts fail and the boys lose something in return.
vincent.bataille
I love really this manga ... but depresiv people will have problems if they watch this one !!
All episods are great and the film is really good to !
any season 2 ?
hnguy
i've only watched the anime and movie
highly recommend it to anyone.
haha, got soo many of my friends hooked onto it as well
Ofinet
please no-one reveal the plot, i'm just getting into it, after watching only 5 episodes...awshum!!! Razz
Joe944
At first I liked this show a lot when I saw the potential it had. My only problem is that it didn't get really good until later on. A lot of the filler episodes were pretty bleh. They need to learn to integrate plot advances and filler a lot better.

I was really stoned when I saw the movie and it was pretty confusing to me because I missed a lot of the recent FMA episodes. They drew the characters very similarly and it was hard to tell who was who :p.
Impulsion
Best Anime, Ive ever seen, makes me specifically dont do homework and stay and watch this awesome show
yiusunhk
LOL FMA became homework basically lol...anyone have that issue? I still passed its all good~! Yeh really it is such a sucking in anime that everyone has to agree Razz
platinumvermine
Full Metal Alchemist has to be a legend in its own life time.

The plot is amazingly thought out, and you learn stuff to boot. The action is good and the slower parts are just as interesting. All in all its owns.
screamingdecay
Are there any plans for more ep in the future?

I love the show.
DragonEye
I've always enjoyed anime. My girlfriend, however, hates it, with the exception of one of the best animes around, FMA. She loves the show as much as I do, and we're currently watching through the entire series from start to finish. I've tried getting her to like Samurai Champloo and Trigun, but it isn't working.
Jim_the_cat
I think full metal Alchemist is sexcellent!
reason: its fat, and its MUCH better then naruto and even Pokemon!

robotic arms anyone?
exarkun
I had only watched the further episodes, and was curious why the smaller brother had a full metal body, while the elder one had his arm metalised only?
romsman
i've seen the episodes (japanese ones) and up untill today, this anime sits at the top of my favorites together with wolf's rain (wich by the way also can send you crying like a baby)
the only thing is, i was able to read the manga on a msn group up untill chapter 45 (i live in Belgium and the mangas have only just appeared in stores) and it seems to have a very different plot from the anime.
diddle
dam full metal alchemist is the best show ever. I cant stop talking about it. I cant wait to see the movie on the tv, cuz im too lazy to go out and buy it... id feel stupid, but w/e. The series was great and I liked that they didnt edit it and kept all the gore, blood, and action. Smile it was great while it lasted but ever since it ended, i cant find a show to replace it. It was just that good.... DAM!
juliox
FMA is great i have watched all the 51 episodes and the movie too, foe the ones that have not watched the movie please try to see it, as we know the last episode of FMa the 51th episode was like a not endind at all, but the movie will clarify what happened after, it is a great movie, it is called Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala, i think that will be another movie of the series soones or later...
shun
Yea, FMA is what i consider to be one of the best anime in recent years other than Hikaru No Go. I watch all the episodes, it is funny and the actions are really good. But it's kind of "deep", i think it's for adults or young adults mostly, kids like me sister, who is 4 years younger than me, mgiht not engage in it as much as I do. Other than that, it's a really good one
Scaramanga
exarkun wrote:
I had only watched the further episodes, and was curious why the smaller brother had a full metal body, while the elder one had his arm metalised only?

Uhh, you are REALLY missing out on one of the motivating factors in the show, so you should really go out there and buy, rent or watch in reruns the first few episodes, to understand what happened.

Also, to address people in this thread who've asked if there's more FMA planned: as far as I know, no. The movie was it. The show is already almost 3 years old, and generally with recent shows, if a second season isn't made in a year or so the chances of one getting made decrease every year. Why cant' people just be happy with what they have, and accept it? This whole "more, more more!" attitude is what spawned way WAAY too many episodes of Inu Yasha, et al.
sakura168
i heard about it and i only watch one esposide of it but it look very violent (personal opinion)
also, it is very popular at everywhere, i think the main character is very cute
Chulka
I like Full Metal Alchemist!!

but the movie was Shocked very bad, iI WISH TO SEE ANOTHER END
Alegis
I LOVE Alchemist, definitely my favorite series. Right before browsing the web was cuting some footage from the Greed vs Edwardo scene.

The plot is great and the story moves on, not as many fillers as so many other series. Combat scenes (like greed) are well drawn and thought of (It's still about alchemy after all, counter greed's carbon etc) as well as the soundtrack and drama. Humor presented by Armstrong.
olag
I really love it. The screenplay is very interesting and developed. The best in my opinion is the movie which is excellent.
grimscythe
I've seen the trigun series too Very Happy and the entire FMA serie , unfortunately there's little manga and anime yet Sad i've read the entire manga and seen the anime in about a week , yet i love the storyline 'cuz it's complex if you compare it to most other manga and anime, i can believe it takes a while for a new chapter , but i'm trembling with enthousiasm Very Happy I love the idea of using homunculus in the manga , i presume that most of you know this , but homunculus is not a term created by the author , there are a lot of books who use it and translated in latin it means "small human" which refers to the fact that they are not completely human,also means that they were created and not born, however , the idea to just insert only one feeling in a Homunculus is created by the author Very Happy
aiden_thomas
This series is awesome. Its deffinatly in my top three.
I liked and didn't like the ending.
Wont say anything, because i might spoil it, but i feel that the ending should be a little different to what it actually was.

Still havn't seen the movie. Iv'e been trying to download it, but all i get is crappy video taping, or ones with no sound, or ones with sound only. I seem to have the worst luck....

waaaa.
diddle
Fullmetal Alchemist: Is one of the greatest animes dubbed into english. It was great on adult swim, because it was uncut. The blood and language stayed firm and it was just plain awsome. I wish they showed the ending instead of making me wait for the movie, but yeah it was awsome. The ending leaves u wanting more and i cant wait for the movie. Smile its gona be awsome.
rayx
It is also the best anime i've ever watched on TV. I like the 4th Opening of FMA - Rewrite by ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATIOn. . .
aerialdreams
my friend showed me the anime version a few days ago and I love it!! I supposed I'm a little biased since I read the manga version first, but I like how the anime's different so that I basically have two series to watch!! It's awesome!
jasmine
I love FMA! At first I didn't get in much thought (the anime). But when my friend lent me manga volume 1, I then watched the series! Very Happy

I really love the way the brothers look out for each other. So endearing.
juliox
i heard long ago that a second movie will go out and perhaps a second season of the series, if that happens it would be great to see the FMA again...
Dark_Jedi06
Hehe...I already posted in this thread once: a while ago. Rolling Eyes

But after watching through the entire series for a fourth time with my brother, I've come to the conclusion that FMA is my favorite anime...no longer FLCL. Razz I'm actually almost ready to debut my fansite (yeah, I know it's a little late...)

Anyway, does anyone have a reliable source that a second series will come out? I mean, it sounds like a definite possibility and I would be delighted if it happened. Very Happy Afterall, the movie does leave off in such a manner...

Also, to whoever can't find the movie or series for download...just look under my profile and contact me somehow and I can give you a reliable source, but I obviously can't post it as per Frihost's rules. Wink
xframe
when i first saw FMA it was subbed. I dont really like having to read subbs unless i really have to bc my eyes r more focused on reading that the action itself. Now that its airing on Adult swim i have a chance to actually watch the animation. Its a very good anime. nice plot. In my top 10
Traveller
This is now the OFFICIAL, "sticky" Fullmetal Alchemist topic. Some of the previous threads have been merged into this one, while others (less active or less recent) have been closed.

From now on, please do not open any new threads about Fullmetal Alchemist, but continue your discussions here.

Thank you.
ambifire
Fullmetal Alchemist, and as for people who spell it with a space in the middle, as such: Full metal alchemist, is wrong. Anyways, I believe that FMA is the only one of its kind, and is by far the best anime of all time (in my opinon). It offers something for everybody, and is one of the best examples of "progressive" style anime, refering to the art style of the characters. It has alot of cheap humor moments but its plot is very deep and philosophical. I enjoyed the anime and following movie immensely, but haven't gotten a chance to read the manga yet (it's on my to-do list).
Dragate
I am on the same line as you.

I respect the anime very much. I didn't know that it was spelt stricktly like Fullmetal Alchemist though. Thanks for pointing that out.

I have also not read the manga. I enjoyed the movie so much, even more so becuase the beggning and ending songs were both by my favorite band ^^. Makes me feel special. I don't understand how Alphonse seems better at alchemy than Edward though. I don't know how old he is in the movie (in the alchemic world), but seriously he tranmuted tornadoes...
sodeli
fma is one the best anime ever but i wanted another ending Sad
i also wander how many stories of fma is
anime - manga - and ps2 games all have diferent stories :S !!
Pablo Diablo
For those of you about to ask what FMA is:

In this world, there exists people with special abilities to manipulate objects and transform one object into another. These people are known as alchemists. This process does come with a cost though, the basic law of alchemy states that to gain something you have to sacrifice something of the same value.

The main character is the famous alchemist Edward Elric - also known as the Fullmetal Alchemist - who almost lost his little brother, Alphonse, in an accident. Edward managed to contain his brother's soul in a large suit of armor. While he did manage to save his brother's life, he had to pay a great price himself.

To get back what they've lost, the brothers embark on a journey to find the Philosophers Stone that is said to amplify the powers of an alchemist enormously.
angel_of_death
i really loved the few episodes that i got to see. but my parents started to throw me outta the tv room eventually. Cool

i really wish i could see the whole thing Sad
talonsmallville
Hi People,

I want know how many seasons are about this show.

I saw just a few episodes about.
Wanderer
Awesome anime. The story is really deep. Good use of foreshadowing. When i watch the series over again i notice little clues to what will happen next.

The manga is way different from the anime. The story branches off at the part with Greed. They both have good storylines.

I like the dub better than the subbed version of the anime because the jokes are funnier in the dubbed version. I met some of the voice actors at an anime convention. Vic Mignogna is the nicest guy Very Happy .
mansonivan
I really like the animation in this because its not serious all the time, but then again, its not totally sad and depressing. And I love the way that Al's armor is drawn and the miliatry symbol too as well as the seals for souls bounded to armor. I also love the fact Ed is so small and everyone thinks his brother is the fullmetal alchemist.
BlockUp
I love FMA, I have all the episodes and the movie. However, I think that there is no point watching it unless it's in Japanese (with subtitles).
tsukiyuuki
I personally prefer the Japanese version, but I still think that the dub is really good, especially considering that FUNimation did it, and they have a pretty bad track record. Dragonball Z, anyone? *cough*

I've seen the whole anime and am following the manga, and I have to say that I can't decide which one of them I like better. Each of them have their pros and cons, and it would honestly take way too much effort to hash out which one I like best.
themarauder
At first i saw Full Metal Alchemist in Japanese ands they voices just suited. I watched the entire episodes and it was rockin. But after that i tried watchin it in English and trust me, when u watch a anime in Japanese and then in Engliah it sux Exclamation Would recommend it to every1
tsukiyuuki
The English can suck even if you've never seen it in Japanese, too. XD
dzign
Really love this anime series, more over with the movie " Conquer the Shambala". Can't wait to see what happens next (if there is another movie coming soon) Smile

By watching this series, I'm starting to have interest on Achemy. But, when it starts to play around with human, that's the story starts to be confusing. But in overall, it's very good anime. Funny yet touching. Hopefully, there are some more movies with similar theme
tsukiyuuki
There probably won't be another movie, but the manga is still going. I've read up to chapter 64 of the manga, but I'm not sure if there have been any other chapters released since I read 64, or if I'm missing any.
StPetersSecondary
I am deeply dissapointed with the ending to Full Metal Alchemist, I cannot beleive that they called it "the most satisfying ending an anime has ever recieved" it was rushed, stupid, and just.... BAD.

The main character (spoiler alert) RUNS OFF WITH THE FUDGING CIRCUIS!!! How can this be a satisfying ending? Well I guess because there was some stupid dancer girl in that circus that he met and in the course of two 5 second scenes apparently (and i didnt see this) had some kind of "romance" with just because she LOOKS LIKE someone who he SHOULD BE GOING BACK TO BECAUSE UNLIKE EVERONE ELSE IN THE STORY SHE ISNT DEAD YET![/rant]
tsukiyuuki
Just because you didn't like the movie, it doesn't mean it was bad. Take a deep breath and calm down.
Dzan
I have all the episodes of FMA for a very long time, beside Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist is number 2! A very good anime series but to short, now come 1 just 51 episodes?? They could easely have done 10 or 20 more to keep the thrill on!
I must agree with StPetersSecondary on the ending, that was really rushed, and like i said they could easely have done 10 or 20 more episodes, but beside this its one of the most beautifull, thrilling and best made anime series ever!
tsukiyuuki
If you want more FMA, try reading the manga. As far as I'm aware, it's still going in Japan.
Dragate
dzign wrote:
Really love this anime series, more over with the movie " Conquer the Shambala". Can't wait to see what happens next (if there is another movie coming soon) Smile

It is a really good movie. I don't think there's anohter one comming out, though, but there are rumours of some secret movie (only in japanese so far, and I've yet to see it for myself).

dzign wrote:
By watching this series, I'm starting to have interest on Achemy. But, when it starts to play around with human, that's the story starts to be confusing. But in overall, it's very good anime. Funny yet touching. Hopefully, there are some more movies with similar theme

Alchemy: the use of transmutation of elements into gold. The serires ripped that fact up a bit, but nethertheless, very cool. I don't think there are going to be any other movies like this. This movie was only good becuase of the whole conspiracy laiden world//animeseries that the authors laid out, quite intelligently as you watch it. When the story unfolds you actually tink it's really good. The movie was a real twist of continuation. Anymore continuation and it might ruin the series.

Well, just what I think...
animassacre
I love FMA too.

It's one of my favorite animes .(it is after FLCL ofcorse Embarassed Smile )

The movie is great too , i strongly recomend it to those why haven't wached it.

The show was friggin awesome... the movie was also awesome, however not so friggin awesome as the show, but nevertheless very awesome... although the ending left me with the thought of: "oookay, but...."

My favourite character is Mustang.... no, Envy... Scar then.

Only haven't read the manga yet... bet it's awesome too xD
corycaly
fma is my favorite anime. when i discovered it on tv, it became a passion: i like the characters, the scenario, the music ....everything is perfect in this anime.
My favorite song is "rewrite" , the 4th opening. My favorite character are Edward, mustang and Envy.
kurogane
*0*, awesome full metal, is kawaii XD,

matta ne~
RoninRa
FMA is one of those Anime series that I'm sad when I finish watching it..

I'm the type of guy that seldom re-view series after I have watched them, or rather I don't re-view it before some time has passed after watching it.

I loved the series and it went right to the top of my favorites list with Trigun.
Seiji
The series had a lot of hype before it came on Adult Swim. I remember in the Oct 2004 Newtype Issue that it was rated #1 in Japan. From what I had saw I thought it was going to be an mecha anime. After seeing it I was shocked. Probably one of the best animes ever. The story was touching and it had lots of action. I'm glad they didn't try to mix in a lot of romance and stuck with the action.
RoninRa
One thing I really loved with the series was how well-formed the characters personality were..

I was positively (Or would that be negatively? Razz) sad when Hughes died..
paquerat
*raises hand* I'm a little new here, but is there a thread for the FMA manga? The story kind of...goes on its own direction after a while, and I'd like to discuss it without spoiling anyone unfamiliar with the manga. ^^;;;;
ddukki
Is it just me, or did this series end a little quickly. The story was well developed and deep, but the ending took me by surprise. It didn't seemed rush, but I felt like they could have done a lot more with the series. The movie seemed a bit redundant (reiterating Ed's long-gone arm). Brilliant series, though. Does the manga pursue the story further?
Seiji
This series was really good for the first 25 episodes. I remember when it was all over Newtype USA. The characters and the anime were rated #1. It started to die down soon and Gundam Seed started to take over. I ended up finishing the series and I watched the movie finally. The whole alchemy thing was interesting but it really didn't capture my attention or have anything extraordinary in it like Mushishi.
paquerat
@ ddukki: The movie was supposed to be the ending to the series. They had too much material (and popularity) to cram everything into a 26 episode season, so they cut it short at 25 episodes and the movie was the 26th "episode" to wrap everything up. There are also three short OVAs, if you're interested in more of the FMA anime.

Yes, the manga does go on, but a caveat first: the anime and manga storylines split a long time ago. There are minor differences from the beginning, but the fork in the metaphorical road is roughly....chapter 32. I think. I would highly recommend reading the manga--it explores matters a lot more throughly than the anime, and there are a lot more plot twists (and there are plenty of logic holes in the anime that don't exist in the manga). Very Happy
clydejaw
I have the movie!! totally sums up the ending!

: D!!!
kitsune-fansub
FullMetal Alchemist is the first anime that i see!!
omg this is rlz a lot!!
very good...
much combat, drama and comedy!
recommended!
clydejaw
I use to think Full Metal Alchemist was like a sequel of Full Metal Panic -_- ''
Master Yoda
clydejaw wrote:
I use to think Full Metal Alchemist was like a sequel of Full Metal Panic -_- ''

LOL

Btw, how many of you think that the movie was spoiled all coz of the ending? Not only the movie, the whole series was spoiled a little bit by the way the movie ended.. I really didn't want them to leave Amestris.. but they left it for Earth.. man, I hated that.. I would have wanted to see the Fullmetal Alchemist back in action.. but no.. he had to leave the alchemy world and his brother had to follow him.. Magnificent series right until the end.. and I mean this literally ..
Tepear
FMA is great! I loved watching it, but sadly it had to end. I missed quite a lot of episodes, and there is no point in going back and watching them due to the fact I missed so many.

Quote:
Btw, how many of you think that the movie was spoiled all coz of the ending? Not only the movie, the whole series was spoiled a little bit by the way the movie ended.. I really didn't want them to leave Amestris.. but they left it for Earth.. man, I hated that.. I would have wanted to see the Fullmetal Alchemist back in action.. but no.. he had to leave the alchemy world and his brother had to follow him.. Magnificent series right until the end.. and I mean this literally ..

I agree 100% I hated how they went to earth. Now what are they gonna do? Be like Gundom Wing or however you spell it? Or use guns and stuff? Sadly its the ending, I woulda liked to see how the people planned on using one of the biggest mistakes.
divinitywolf
i love this anime. I'm watching it at the moment and i cant wait to finish it.
I have a feeling its going to be great all the way to the end.
noisette
FMA is absolutely my favourite anime.
But to me, the movie Conqueror of Shambala is not as good as the series.
The original manga is quite different from the anime.
You can read the manga online now: http://www.readmanga.com/view.php?currtitle=1
Not to advertise, but this online manga website rocks.
Quote:
03 August 2007
Hey all, we updated the fma manga for you guys and threw in a nifty preloading feature on the viewer so that by the time you finish reading a page, the next one should load seamlessly Smile. Please give feedback in the fullmetal-alchemist.com forums. Thanks!

See, it's updating. Plus a FMA forum.
I'd searched FMA manga on the whole net and this one is the best so far.
The manga viewer is easy to use.
divinitywolf
yeah i'm reading the manga at the moment and it seems good. takes a while reading it though.
gemara
it's my favority but i need to read the manga, i only watched the tv version... really i need to see the differences... can u help me with that. my girlfriend also likes fma... It's a great new and original world.
ileuriza
this anime is good. Is there any more anime like this anime?This anime is from Japan, right?
kiran_n444
Winterborne wrote:
OMG!! I LOVE Full Metal Alchemist!!

I'm still mad -------- dies.... -_-.... anyway I won't give anything away since you missed so many episodes and I THINK that one was one of them... >.>...

We have 2 of the metal boxsets and then the next one or two... (how many has come out? i can't remember!) DVDs. The series is totally awesome!

BTW, If you like FMA, you should try Trigun. I love that series as well. Movies I recommend are Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Both are works of art!

I simply love FMA, and I loved trigun too!
Masacchi
Ahhhh~~ Full Metal Alchemist is definitely one of my favorite series. A lot of the concepts and characters are just.. awesome. ^^ I prefer the manga to the anime although the anime is really good in its own way. For twisting off as much as they did, the anime still managed to wrap things up nicely. My favorite characters are probably Ling (manga) and Envy (anime). ^-^ Currently working on a shrine for Ling, too, muahaha~~
kiran_n444
excellent show. Has a great story line.
ServalM
I don't understand something. Does anyone know if the storyline continues in the manga? Because onemanga still has their weekly update about it. I've finished the anime and offcourse would like to see more..
muffinman187
FMA is awesome. if you guys like the anime , try reading the manga. the story line in the manga is even much better with a lot of twist in the story.

as always the manga contain way more story line which of course everyone knows.

this is the website to read all kind of manga online free
http://www.onemanga.com/directory/
Mexican_Ed
I remember when I watched FMA, Then School caught up to me, I no longer had time to watch because it showed up an hour after the time I had to sleep. >_<

I missed a whole lot of it... I'll search Youtube! Twisted Evil

First, I guess I shall read the Manga. Rolling Eyes
amperx
dude! you should watch it completely, but i think you've watched it already since this is an old post,

anyways, i so loved the story the artwork everything, to plot progression, to fight scenes, xd
QrafTee
What does everything think of the new season of Full Metal Alchemist? If anyone didn't know, Gundam 00 Season 02 showed a teaser of the new season of Full Metal Alchemist that will debut in April 2009. As to what it's about, whether it takes place after the movie or is a reboot of the series... it's still too early to tell.
amperx
wijaa wrote:
NEW!!! Full metal alchemist 2 for april yohohohoh.

is it true no no no oh noes?

well if thats so, I cant wait XD
driftingfe3s
The new anime will be total redo of the series but this time sticking closer to the manga than the previous rehash from what i've heard.

But from watching the first episode it seems that the first episode wasn't even the manga. The first episode was okay, I guess I didn't really like the direction it started off. But it was cool seeing all those same characters agian since I really liked the first incarnation of this anime.
Horizon
Well I first got into just from the name. Once Ed battled the Chimera, and the reasoning for the title was shown, I thought it to be a bit cheesy Confused. But the series itself was just awesome. But once that guy who exploded peoples heads (forgot his name; been too long), I was starting to lose interest.. and then the movie was a complete disappointment.

But if there's a new season coming up.. well I just hope it's as good as the first season.
fullmetalalki
as an anime, FMA was really amazing, although at times confusing. Still, i hold true to the manga although it only comes out once a month. I thought the movie was pretty awesome as well although the plot was a bit strange.
Zombie
OMG, i love this series. I'm actually watching it all over again this summer, then I'm going to start the new season =)
paulotlet
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, without any doubty

Comic: V For Vendetta and Watchmen, Alan Moore Rules o///////

cya
Stanley9811
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is pretty good however I have to say I am a little anoyed at the fact that its just a bit of a re-telling of the story rather than following on from where they left off wit hthe last one I would have loved to see how they lived in the real world and... say somehow found a way back home? or even a way to bring their abilities to transmute to the real world.
menino
I saw FMA a few months ago, and I loved it.
I only didnt like the last ending movie as much, but the episodes were really good.
I was expecting much more from the last ending movie and hope they continue on.
It was amazing series to watch.
Is there a season 2 coming out?
Roflcopter
FMA is awesome

watching it again right now xD
detsucks
Damn i loved this, one of my favourite animes. Hoping to watch it again soon if i can find my DVDs!
ato784
Garnet wrote:
Moore wrote:

I want those shoes.

Hey has anyone here read the manga of it? If so, do you like it better?

Me too! I also want those shoes they are awesome. i have not watched all of the show yet and i do not know if i want to since the remake is being made now, of course it has not be dubbed yet... so many be i will watch the original one first since it is dubbed and would be easier to get.
amperx
anyone following on FMA brotherhood? its as epic as the 1st season, or first part Very Happy
rayxzero
FMA Brotherhood is one of the best anime, and this is better than the first FMA.
amperx
sadly FMA brotherhood the anime is already finished, and im currently buying the dvd blue ray version of it for collection, its a totally awesome series, deep storyline and awesome character, i really wish they'd make a sequel i dont care if they lengthen it, i just want more FMA Very Happy
ato784
Mgccl wrote:

I don't think that it has the most amazing plot ever..., but it does beat other shows of its length.

Shows such as Baccano!, Gankustou the count of Monte Christos, etc..
Khanon
hehehe ^^
FMA is truly a great drama jap'anime,
my favourites episodes are when Edward is in front of the Door,
It's really scary xD ... theses episodes always give me Poltergeist feelings xDDDDD
I find than only jap'animation DA could give such pure drama-horror-fantastic way of cinematography via animation 2d&3d. Smile
sketteksalfa
I've finish watching all Dragon Ball and still patiently waiting for the Naruto sequels. Having read all your threads here made me want to watch FMA as well. I hope will enjoy it. Could someone of you guys provide a good link with faster streaming. Thanks.
saidosa
FMA it's amazing really ..!! Smile
jrzipagan03
well its just fine..even if he doesn't have w/ him his badge, he can produce a magical spell kinda..
Aidenjeff
I saw the film and I disliked it. The present was awesome as far as being well-rounded and everything, but the film was just no fun.
I'm not ridiculous about all the "filler episodes" but other than that that reveals one my faves Smile
ato784
I just started to watch the brotherhood series! looking forward to seeing the differences, since I never read the manga.
crazyfffan
This series is really one of my frequent rewatch. I supposed most people have watched the first version (51-episode), but the second one (64-episode - called Brotherhood) is also a must, as two version doesn't share much of the story line.

What I love the most in this anime, apart from the amazing story, are: the characters' voices are so nice, especially Al, and Winry is quite cute. Though sometime it seems lack of logic in the end of the story. The Brotherhood tries to explain the source of alchemy's power by linking their world with the real world, but not very successful.

While the original anime is pure comedy with a happy ending, the Brotherhood series is truly drama. It might be better to watch Brotherhood first.
tonberry
I started watching Brotherhood few weeks ago and I am at episode 10 or 11 ATM and WOW. My girlfriend recommended me Brotherhood, she said it's much better than the original which was supposedly fantastic on its own. Since she knows much more about anime than me and I was looking for the new thing to watch, we started watching it and wow. I'm amazed!

At first, the whole thing seemed a bit childish - art, main characters being just kids, even dark parts look a bit goofy, but as the story unfolds, various adult dillemas come into play, so in the end it's sort of an odd one. Still, the ideas are so great, the animation well-done and polished, the whole thing is just like a whirlwind forcing me to view the next episode (which I usually can't do, so I starve for the whole week until I get another fix). Certainly one of the best animes I have seen, although I haven't seen too many of them.
lordfarhan40
I just love this show Very Happy the best character according to me is scar Very Happy