FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I hate being young

Blaster
Well today they were giving away tickets to queen. Well you had to be the 9th caller to win tickets. Well i win and they ask are you over 21. I am like hold on let me go get my dad. He is like sorry but you have to be over 21 and hangs up. I didn't even say i wasn't 21. Well i got a good lie the next time that happens. Because it was on a cell phone i should have said i am breaking up let me move to another location. Then went down stairs and gave it to my dad.
mschnell
That really sucks! One time my dog won a prize and they actually gave it to us anyhow. (Someone put the dog's name in a drawling.)
blackheart
The Misfits are doing one show in Melbourne - and it's over-age. Sad

(Even though I'm 14, I have to admit it's a smart move for the integrity of the show - given the hoards of scene-punk-teeny-boppers that'd rock up if it were all-ages).
Tasukii
I would have lie without hesitation if that would have happen to me.
dan751
That's not right! According to policies, your father should've been able to confirm validity and you should've been able to recieve the ticket. That guy on the other end of the line was a ***** not to follow policy, OR there was nothing in their policy stating that someone over 21 can recieve a ticket for you. Try calling the radio station back and complaining. Very Happy
SunburnedCactus
I don't see why Queen are unsuitable for under 21s. They're hardly risqué compared to the content of modern music... Confused
Insanity
Yeah but that isn't to say that there still isn't a huge fan base for classic rock groups today, especially over the internet.
Blaster
Quote:
I don't see why Queen are unsuitable for under 21s. They're hardly risqué compared to the content of modern music... Confused

You had to be 21 or over to win. Contest rules.
Quote:
That's not right! According to policies, your father should've been able to confirm validity and you should've been able to recieve the ticket. That guy on the other end of the line was a prick not to follow policy, OR there was nothing in their policy stating that someone over 21 can recieve a ticket for you. Try calling the radio station back and complaining. Very Happy

I totally agree we should have one. They just said sorry and hung up. What if my dad was in the bathroom and asked me to call. Its just wrong. I agree i should call up the station. I might do my reserch.
supjapscrapper
sometime you're better off with a big big lie than tryin to be honest, What the hell could have happened if you told them you wre 22?
They would have come to the house and said, Oh no, I think you're ********* too young? no You just say somebody talked on the phone in your place ... your father still could have got the ticket...
Well, next time best of lucks ... I've never won anything on radio or television ... Very Happy
Blaster
supjapscrapper wrote:
sometime you're better off with a big big lie than tryin to be honest, What the hell could have happened if you told them you wre 22?
They would have come to the house and said, Oh no, I think you're ******* too young? no You just say somebody talked on the phone in your place ... your father still could have got the ticket...
Well, next time best of lucks ... I've never won anything on radio or television ... Very Happy
Yea good point. It won't happen again i know that. I will find a way. It still ticks me off.
RisingStorm
I'm with Dan on this one...that isn't right at all. I think you got screwed out of tickets :S
Blaster
Yea i did. I still cant belive it. Thanks for seeing things my way. I thouht I was going to get a "oh well you shouldn't have.... but you didn't thanks. I am going to look up the prize rules for stuff like that. Is anyone out there a DJ for a radio station that could tell me this kind of stuff?
hsadmin
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

May i ask, what the heck is queen? I've heard that they are a rock band, but, I've NEVER heard them. I would of lied, and said I was 22
Blaster
hsadmin wrote:

May i ask, what the heck is queen? I've heard that they are a rock band, but, I've NEVER heard them. I would of lied, and said I was 22

Queen is a rock band. http://www.queenonline.com/ I should have lied.
Blaster
You will all be glad that my "dad" one concert tickets to see Billy Joel. Here is the proble, my sister called so she gets to go with him. How stupid is that. Atleast we won i guess. why can't it be 4 tickets. So being young still sucks.
Epsilon
hsadmin wrote:

We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Under Pressure, Bohemian Rhapsody...ring any bells?
Blaster
The concert i should have one. Now we do win one and my sister goes. I am pissed! Evil or Very Mad