FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need a lot of help with domain and ftp(RESOLVED)

Squeeky
Can some1 plz help me here.

Firstly, I want to use FTP to upload my files and i use CuteFTP. I don't know shat settings to put in. I have tryed ftp.ndlapidary.frih.net with squeeky as username and my password and it came up with an error. What do I put in??
Here is the screen I need to fill in...

Secondly, I own the domain ndlapidary.org.au...how to I put it onto my Frihost hosting??? I want it to be like www.ndlapidary.org.au/gallery.html etc.

Thanks in advance,
Squeeky[/img]
n0obie4life
I recommend using ftp.frih.net although that would also work. Your settings are correct according to the screenshot you gave me. Check your password.

If all else fails, please try and use Filezilla and see if it works.

If you want to use your domain, www.ndlapidary.org.au . You have to point that domain to our DNS servers.

Our DNS servers for server 2 are

ns1.frih.net
ns2.frih.net

Then, go into Directadmin, select domain administration. Add your new domain. Then set it as default (so you acn access it by clicking on public_html, otherwise, you have to go to domains/<domain>/public_html).
Squeeky
Thanks noobie4life,

I have got the domain and ftp working.
Just with the domain, it works when I type in www.ndlapidary.org.au but doesn't when I type in ndlapidary.org.au.

Is this fixable??? How can i fix it?

Thanks again,
Squeeky

EDIT::: Now it works, never mind, server must of had to roll over or something. Thanks for the help