FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

crossfire?

mathiaus
Well I've had a crossfire motherboard for a shortwhile now and a crossfire compatiable gecube x1300 pro card hoping in the future to buy a master card and add it. Well I came across a very cheap one today on ebay though its a more powerful x1800xt. Just wondering really if I would be able to run the two together or not. I may buy the new card anyway and just use it on its own otherwise.
decimi
Cards must be same. I am 90% sure, even same cards from diffirent producer may not work. SLI could handle them. Some of my friend have said they had same cards from same producers, but they was purchased diffirent time, and they didn't work.
kansloos
SLI COULDN'T HANDLE THEM!

I know that you can combine an X800 with a X850XT-PE
But of the X1300PRO combined withe X1800 i'm not sure...
And I dont know if the manufactures must be the same...
eason2012
i am 100% sure that the manufacures HAVE to be the same. i also dont think that SLI could handle them.
mathiaus
I'm now currently more confused.

My x1300 card is crossfire enabled so it must be able to work with some sort of crossfire master card. I dont think there such a thing as an x1300 crossfire master so what can be used I'm unsure Confused
Boles Roor
Most of the SLI and Crossfire cards aren't cross compatible. Say, 1300 and an 1800. 1300 XT-whatever and 1300(other thingy) are supposed to be compatible as far as I know.

There should be a 1300 master as there's the enabled version. http://www.newegg.com Check newegg to see if there is a masterversion. They usually have alot of products.

As for buying a new 1300, don't. I'd sell this one, and use the money and the money you were planning to spend on the other 1300 and buy a 1600 or nVidia 6800(no crossfire though, I just like nVidia :r ). 1300's are budget cards so not really worth spending your money on a new one in my oppinion.
mathiaus
Well after extensive research I've found out that there aren't master cards for the x130 series. The 1300 and 1600 are the first crossfires to be using the new crossfire method of transfering between the pci-e bus. Not to happy about this as it's slower and theres a lot of confusion with other x1300 owners of this.

about selling, I think you'r right. I'd love a 1900xtx but I simply can't afford it. Ebay have some fantastic offers from some people though so I may be able to get a x1800 some time Very Happy