FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SMTP Help

moejoe
Hi Gues.

I recently opened some emails off my hosting (unlockit.frih.net) and i use Outlook Express to send a recieve messages.

I can recieve messages pretty dandy.
But when it comes to sending it this is what comes up.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'code@unlockit.frih.net', Server: 'mail.unlockit.frih.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

The SMTP port is the same as the POP3 (mail.unlockit.frih.net).

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.
trev.the.enemy
It may possibly be Outlook Express 'n not necessarily your wrong or the server's wrong.

My neighbor came to me with pretty much the same problem a few months back and everything was entered correctly, etc. So, I uninstalled outlook then re-installed it, re-entered the data, and it worked properly.

Try that, maybe?
Daniel15
Try enabling SMTP Authentication, and see if it makes a difference. I believe that the FriHost SMTP server requires authentication.

Otherwise, use your ISP's SMTP server. The SMTP server is only to relay the email, and your ISP will have their one available to their subscribers. It's usually mail.[ispaddress], for example, mine is mail.tpg.com.au
moejoe
Wow, Thanks daniel

Sending my email through my ISP worked.

Thank You!
(by the way, for Optusnet Broadband its SMTP.optusnet.com.au!) Laughing