FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bush Presses Iraqis As Violence Kills 60

Soulfire
Quote:
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Bombs and gunfire killed about 60 people as another daytime curfew Saturday failed to halt violence that has claimed nearly 200 lives since the destruction of a Shiite shrine set off a wave of retribution against Sunnis and pushed Iraq toward civil war.

Source: Yahoo! News

Iraq is very close to collapsing. All sides want complete power (Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites) but none of them are willing to divide Iraq. Civil war could be the only answer, unless these people can put their brainwashed morals aside and work together. The situation is not looking good, but anything can still happen.
mschnell
I really wish that we had forseen this. Or perhaps if we had cared about this. In my opinion we've created great instability and don't quite know how to deal with it. I wish we had the answers. Was the war worth it?
SunburnedCactus
At this stage a civil war seems almost inevitable, which is a great shame indeed, as it will cause much bloodshed and violence.
Soulfire
America's own civil war saw the most loss of life, the most blood of any of it's wars. But in the end, look at the great nation we became, who is to say Iraq can't do this too.

I don't want to sound mean, but I don't think it's possible with Islam. Most of our success is being able to not let religion control every single one of our thoughts, and we left it out of the constitution, etc. That's one of the reasons we are successful, but those people are not willing to give their religion up for stable gov't.
w010255
US should never get into this. They lied, cheated the whole world and killed people just for oil. Rest of it is crap.
Soulfire
w010255 wrote:
US should never get into this. They lied, cheated the whole world and killed people just for oil. Rest of it is crap.

Oil was NEVER the issue, and what is your justification for saying we lied? You have no proof whatsoever, your false statements are just further programming lies and misconceptions about the U.S.
mschnell
Well, what was the issue?
Soulfire
mschnell wrote:
Well, what was the issue?

All of our intelligence said that there were weapons of mass destruction there, and they labelled Saddam Hussein as a potential threat to the United States, and he could've been down the road (especially with their next door neighbor, Iran, currently developing nuclear weapons).

Although none have been found (but does not mean they are non-existant), we removed a treacherous dictator from power, and again I stress the "future threat" point. Many people seem to overlook the good. People just oppose the war because it should all just be about ourself, and we should not try to help others.

The mission was "Operation Iraqi Freedom." [sarcasm]I mean, how terrible that the United States is trying to help other countries[/sarcasm].

What would you do if messages of nuclear war and a possible nuclear threat were on your desk? Just sit back and wait, pray to God a nuclear missile doesn't strike just to "satisfy the critics" (Critics in this case being the democrats).

If you insist on continuing to point fingers, point them at the various intelligence agencies that told Bush what was going on. It's not the man's fault his intelligence wasn't completely accurate, but many people just place the blame on him.
heady233
They really should have a civil war. It would create peace once it ended. But on second thoughts, they would wipe out half the population over there.
mschnell
Soulfire wrote:

All of our intelligence said that there were weapons of mass destruction there, and they labelled Saddam Hussein as a potential threat to the United States, and he could've been down the road (especially with their next door neighbor, Iran, currently developing nuclear weapons).

So you don't think there's any truth to the downing street memos? Complete forgeries?
prongs_386
Soulfire wrote:
unless these people can put their brainwashed morals aside and work together.

You're morals are as brainwashed into you as everyone elses. people with morals different to yours, are exactly that different. there is no point trying to claim that they have been brainwashed into the wrong morals, as opposed to ones similar to yours.
mschnell
prongs_386 wrote:

You're morals are as brainwashed into you as everyone elses. people with morals different to yours, are exactly that different. there is no point trying to claim that they have been brainwashed into the wrong morals, as opposed to ones similar to yours.

I'm not going to lie, I agree with prongs. A lot of the things you say are the things the American government is saying... How can you prove that this is not brainwash?
You Hypocrites
Soulfire wrote:
[ collapsing. .

the solution is PATENTLY clear: divy up the land by ethnic boundaries.
sh4dow
mmmm that sucks
geeren
The solution is that america must leave, and stoping with making profit of them. We all know why america is there. the best thing is to let them iraq in rest and may the best ethnic groupe win.
Vrythramax
I think the only viable solution here is to cut our loses and run. We will save more (American) lives that way, and at the same time allow that country to govern itself. If they can't....so be it. No hidden agendas, no finger pointing, and no allegations of "brainwashing". Someone here stated that Bush shouldn't be held accountable for lousy intellgence work, as the leader of the nation he IS responsible for anything, and (unfortunatly for him) everything that goes wrong. In the miltary the Commanding Officer is held accountable for all of his subordinants actions, as he (or she) should have chosen the right people for the job or seen to it others were properly trained to do the job. The same for the President, he is after all the Commander in Chief of all armed forces.

Civil war may or not be inevetable in that country now, it doesn't look good from the news reports, but if the people there want change I feel they should do it themselves. We (in the US) did. But we shouldn't get immersed in what is clearly an internal matter for that country, it's just not our fight.
shr3dd
I think that civil war would be great. Those willing to die for their religion should do just that. The US should pull out for 2 weeks, and then when some of the clutter is dead we can actually rebuild Iraq sucessfully.
Soulfire
mschnell wrote:
prongs_386 wrote:

I'm not going to lie, I agree with prongs. A lot of the things you say are the things the American government is saying... How can you prove that this is not brainwash?

So is that what the Democrats are accusing me of now? Brainwashing if I agree with the government? Sorry folks, but just because you say it doesn't mean it's true. And the whole "my morals are brainwashed into me" thing really has no point in this post, does it? You are just looking to attack people personally.
mschnell
Soulfire wrote:
mschnell wrote:
prongs_386 wrote:

So is that what the Democrats are accusing me of now? Brainwashing if I agree with the government? Sorry folks, but just because you say it doesn't mean it's true. And the whole "my morals are brainwashed into me" thing really has no point in this post, does it? You are just looking to attack people personally.

No, I never said that. I could just as likely accuse myself of being brainwashed!Razz