FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mum's and Dad's

Lennon
For me, they're the two I can always depend on. Without them I wouldn't be here. There's times when I feel let down because they didn't meet my expectations at all, but still they're great. After 4 years of living away from home I can't wait to move back home and keep in touch.
Blaster
Parents are always there for you. I would miss my parents a lot if they were to die. My parents are young so we are a lot closer then most other kids parents.
Xminor131
It's a great thing you guys feel that sort of thing for your folks. Don't take it for granted. Nor your parents. Life is fleeting.
eml298
I am SO glad to see this kind of posting. It is so heartwarming that the OP was feeling so much love for his parents that he thought to post it to a message board. I agree that parents are one of the invaluable treasures we have in this life. No one will ever love you the way they do. Good job for realizing it! Smile
ThatCrazyGuy
I hope that when my son grows up and moves out he feels the same way. Man they grow up fast!

~Crazy
carl005
i love my mom dearly, but we're not really close and i can't wait to get away from home. she's kind of over bearing although she has cut me a lot of slack this year. but i'm ready to see the world on my own, make my own mistakes and not be able to come running to mommy. when i go to college, i'm going to use it to grow up and become an adult, not just party like most americans.
Mr Smith
One thing has been true along, you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Very nice quote from Fort Minor - A Band

My relationship with my parents is alright... although for some reason they get the image that I'm a troublemaker at school... Oh well =/
brilliantbeauty
oi, my parents and I don't really get along. Which is kind of odd considering I get great grades, and stay out of trouble, and don't talk back (too much that is). Love is just not a word that is used too often in our family. It's usually more like. "Insolent Teenagers"

But whatever, I deal. We coinhabit without any instances of patricide. Very Happy
Trapper
The older I get, the more I love them. My parents were great. If you grow up feeling your dad is a hero and then when you've grown up you still feel your dad's your hero, you know he's done something right. I now have four kids of my own (going on five) and I say, if I can be half the father my dad was, I'll be in great shape.

Everything from showing he how to make an honest living, to making it difficult (yet with no guilt, if he provided) for me to ask for money for the weekend.

I learned enough to work hard and pay for most of my education. Every year, by the last semester, I'd be running out of cash and he'd bail me out. Yet, I knew enough to work hard all summer and hold part time jobs during the school year. Whatever he instilled in me, I hope to do the same thing to my sons and daughters.

There seems to be nothing worse than spoiling a kid too much. Then they grow up not being able to handle as much and they overspend, go into debt and raise more spoiled kids.

Granted I'm overgeneralizing but it's extremely difficult to find that right balance. I often find myself wanting to spoil my kids but overall that will not help them. Yes, we should spoil them enough, but just enough so that they appreciate it greatly, not come to expect it. That's the fine line...how do you spoil them just enough to fully enjoy childhood, but not too much so they are never expecting it.

That takes a true gift from your Mum (Mom) and Dad.

Do you agree?
RhysAndrews
Mum has helped me through so much in life. Couldn't be there without her. My Dad? Well.. umm... My mum is really cool.

Nah, my Dad is good; he looks after me especially when I'm sick... But he doesn't "counsell" me or even talk about my problems. He leaves that up to my ma.

-Rhys
livilou
Trapper wrote:
The older I get, the more I love them. My parents were great. If you grow up feeling your dad is a hero and then when you've grown up you still feel your dad's your hero, you know he's done something right. I now have four kids of my own (going on five) and I say, if I can be half the father my dad was, I'll be in great shape.

Everything from showing he how to make an honest living, to making it difficult (yet with no guilt, if he provided) for me to ask for money for the weekend.

I learned enough to work hard and pay for most of my education. Every year, by the last semester, I'd be running out of cash and he'd bail me out. Yet, I knew enough to work hard all summer and hold part time jobs during the school year. Whatever he instilled in me, I hope to do the same thing to my sons and daughters.

There seems to be nothing worse than spoiling a kid too much. Then they grow up not being able to handle as much and they overspend, go into debt and raise more spoiled kids.

Granted I'm overgeneralizing but it's extremely difficult to find that right balance. I often find myself wanting to spoil my kids but overall that will not help them. Yes, we should spoil them enough, but just enough so that they appreciate it greatly, not come to expect it. That's the fine line...how do you spoil them just enough to fully enjoy childhood, but not too much so they are never expecting it.

That takes a true gift from your Mum (Mom) and Dad.

Do you agree?

That sums it up very nicely.

Great post all of you, even the ones that stated they didn't get along as well with there parents as others.

I don't get along as well with my parents as I would like, but it's because I don't think like they do. Very long story here! But I know without a doubt that they love me.
Spe_eddy
my parents got divorced when iwas 6 (im now 15), and i stay at my dads house twice a week, (mums-5), i love them both, but i want to see a little bit more of my dad, but i dont know how to tell my mum that, because he pays child support n stuff, also i find it really annoying that my mum tries to act like a teenager, if ther are any parents reading this, don't do it!
varuncomputers
there are no enough words to say about our dad n mom's.....they are our god....they bring us up in life...they are our creators.........mother is first teacher in every ones life.....what ever we achieve in life is just because of their efforts they have made for us.......
Stuart
I guess the important thing to remember here is that Mums and Dads were childeren too. Few people truly appreciate what they have until it is too late. Take the time to be with your parents while you can, learn all you can from them, and build your own life independent from them yet including them, Spend time with your childeren they learn so fast and grow so quick, it is tempting to hold on too tight but you need to give them space or they will find ways to get it without you.
I think the intensity of the time together is also important. If you are in the same room you may not be connecting. We need to let go of our problems and just enjoy our time with our kids, It makes a huge difference.
techlab
I love my mom and dad and is the best relashionship you can have in this life.