FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The changes of frihost [Discuss]

Blaster
What do you think of the changes of frihost? As you can see there are a lot. Well discuss them here. say what you like or don't like.

Please note that all changes may be talked about in here. Very Happy
Blaster
I would like to congratulate our new mods wumingsden and Animal!

The new forum will take some getting used to though. It is weird. But it should look good when all is said in done. This may make more people come and talk.
bybull
I'm new to Frihost, so I really don't have any comments accept that I like the layout of the forum. It's simple to use and everything is running smoothly so far. Cool
mathiaus
The rearrangement of the forums is great. Confusing for a while no doubt but we have removed the less used forums and split the full forums, everythings more organised, generally its much better!

More mods Very Happy . Fantastic news. Hopefully this will help to cut back on the spam which slows everything down Evil or Very Mad

Lots of people didn't like the new points system and said it was unfair. We now have the best of the old and new points system whcih is more than fair and still rewards 'good posters'.

As someone who can see the difference to the accounts system (unless Bondings is talking about something else! Shocked ) this will help things along quicker. Accounts are now easier to create already and I would assume management of them will become more easy and efficent.

And the fact Frihost is now accepting accounts again is also great news Wink
Jack_Hammer
Blaster wrote:

The new forum will take some getting used to though. It is weird. But it should look good when all is said in done. This may make more people come and talk.

Yay, more Mods, I heard that Bondings was discussing having more mods.
Blaster
he told me that there might be more mods in the near future. He wasn't lieing that is for sure. He said he invited 5 in total yet only two new mods are present.
SunburnedCactus
They haven't replied to their invitations I guess. Lazy people!
Vrythramax
I like the new changes. The rearrangment of the topics is nice, it makes it easier (for me anyway) to find the topics I like, and post in.

The changes to the points system are very cool. The way it was before was a little confusing, I think the new changes may entice people to post more and will help Frihost by generating more ad impressions (and hopefully more click-thru's).

I can't say how the new account changes will work as I don't really understand what was changed...but I do hope they will make life a bit easier for the Frihost staff. Can anyone explain a bit better what was actually changed with the accounts system and how it will effect myself as a common user?

More Mods is always a good thing....Congrats to those who were invited and I wish them the best of luck.

Nice job Bondings.
Bondings
Vrythramax wrote:
I can't say how the new account changes will work as I don't really understand what was changed...but I do hope they will make life a bit easier for the Frihost staff. Can anyone explain a bit better what was actually changed with the accounts system and how it will effect myself as a common user?

You'll be able to see your account details and also links to DirectAdmin and such. There will also be an option to change your subdomain or request a music permission.
Soulfire
I like the changes to the forums, and all of them overall. Kudos to Bondings, it just keeps gettin' better.
Vrythramax
Bondings wrote:
You'll be able to see your account details and also links to DirectAdmin and such. There will also be an option to change your subdomain or request a music permission.

Where would I see these links/changes? So far it all sounds very good....I agree with Soulfire....this just keeps getting better and better.

Thank for the help Bondings Smile
testoo
I think it's cool the scripting forum was splitted into languages!
It's more "userfriendly". I didn't know that new mods were added but it must be cool too! The new point system is better too! So great job! Make this more frequently Wink
SunburnedCactus
I've noticed there are posts by a guests in the Philosophy and Jobs forums. Is this a deliberate new feature? Confused
Blaster
SunburnedCactus wrote:
I've noticed there are posts by a guests in the Philosophy and Jobs forums. Is this a deliberate new feature? Confused

I told a mod about that. He told me back that because of there being new forums bondings may not have disabled that feture.
SunburnedCactus
Blaster wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

I told a mod about that. He told me back that because of there being new forums bondings may not have disabled that feture.

Ah, fair enough. In general I think it's gone pretty smoothly considering how many changes have taken place. A job well done!
nam_siddharth
Heartly thanks to Bondings for new changes, specially for Philosophy forum. It is also nice to see computer related forums togather. Everything appears far more organised now.
Helios
That's great! Smile

I've noticed something different about the layout today ^^

"request a music permission" - can you give us more details about this, Bondings?
Donutey
Helios wrote:

"request a music permission" - can you give us more details about this, Bondings?

I'm going to hazard a guess that it has something to do with allowing people to host music or voice mp3 files on frihost if they can prove it is their own original content.
Bondings
Actually everything that you have to ask now in the 'request an account change' forum like the music permissions and the domain change requests.
ralphbefree
Hey Now just a shout out to say thanks for the new forums ....
diversity is strength.
sonam
Gooood changes, especialy in scripting forum. Very Happy
Thanks to Bondings and all old and new moderators.
Wink

Sonam
Mgccl
I like it when it has been made into a better catglorys...
also ,it's a LOT easier to get points...
that means inflation
Blaster
Mgccl wrote:
I like it when it has been made into a better catglorys...
also ,it's a LOT easier to get points...
that means inflation

Now it seems like there are too many catagories. Still good though. The points system was good the way it was.
bigdan
I haven't seen the changes, but I'll fully support them Wink
hahame
just for discuss the object,the admin have the power change the forums
Commando_Sondre
I like the changes, althoug (spelled wrong?) I wanna be a mod Laughing Hehe, juat a joke. I haven't seen the changes so very, but I see that the forum looks better, much better.

Now I can be more active here. I have had a little problem, my internett was gone, so I was bored like ****...

Thanks for FriHost!
Blaster
Commando_Sondre wrote:
I like the changes, althoug (spelled wrong?) I wanna be a mod Laughing Hehe, juat a joke. I haven't seen the changes so very, but I see that the forum looks better, much better.

Now I can be more active here. I have had a little problem, my internett was gone, so I was bored like ****...

Thanks for FriHost!

Although.

A lot of people want to be mod so don't fell bad that you arn't . Because either am I Crying or Very sad
Marston
Blaster wrote:

Mad weak, I think I should be a mod Razz.

Also, I think there are now way too many forums. I get depressed just trying to scroll through all of them Sad.
Blaster
Marston wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Mad weak, I think I should be a mod Razz.

Also, I think there are now way too many forums. I get depressed just trying to scroll through all of them Sad.
Yea there are a lot of forums. Would be cool if we could move the forums up and down to our pleaseure. About you being a mod i feel the same way. Maybe next time.
lockwolf
Snap, I have been gone for just over a week but everything has gotten way cooler, rock on bondings!

am I on the invite list for moderators? Probably not!
Blaster
Quote:
am I on the invite list for moderators? Probably not!

I feel the same way. I wish i was too. Still i am trying to be up there.
SunburnedCactus
It's a bit like that film Fight Club:

"The first rule about wanting to be a mod is you do not talk about wanting to be a mod. The second rule about wanting to be a mod is you do not talk about wanting to be a mod."

Wink
Blaster
SunburnedCactus wrote:

"The first rule about wanting to be a mod is you do not talk about wanting to be a mod. The second rule about wanting to be a mod is you do not talk about wanting to be a mod."

Wink

I didn't talk about regreating it. Just saying i want to. I think a lot of people feel the same way.
Marston
SunburnedCactus wrote:

Wink
Fight Club = Wiggity Wiggity WHACK.
Dragonfly
I always Changes, especially when it is for betterment. In this case, I think admin is doing the right thing by improving the way the forum will function.

The Directory in particular will be very helpful. Nice move... I hope the page is filled up soon.

I hope to notice those changes more and will comment more later if needed.
alkutob
I don't know anything new about points ...

Where can I find that

thank you
snowboardalliance
The new rearrangement of the forums was a little confusing at first but its definately a lot better. The changes were good.
Sappho
SunburnedCactus wrote:

Wink

Hehe very truthful indeed, many ppl want to be mod but yet they dont really want what it brings, work and responsibility. They just want to be a mod for the sake that its mod, like cool i am a mod Smile

Anyway i am still lost with the new subsections, hmm better say i dont think that splitting web development into 4 subsections was such a good choice, since i didnt find it flooded with new topics but if its for the better for most ppl i am for it. Just need to accustom to it. Smile

Thumbs up to all the staff.
lukeropro
I know this is a bit late but congrats to wumingsden, my former affliate, and Animal for being the new mods! I totally love this place! I mean, there're thousands of people posting on this forum and it's really great getting to know other people's countries and culture and their way of living and how they are different from me, how different is their thinking, and many other stuff! That's the main reason why i keep visiting this forum! It's totally cool to see so many people interacting with each other and knowing more about each other. I think many people made new friends from this forum! Good job Bondings! Very Happy
martichka
Hello everyone!

I'm not new to frihost, but I was inactif for a long time (Personnal reason)
Well since the first time I saw frihost and now.. There is ALOT CHANGES!

And in better way! And what I love, is that there is always no publicity or ads etc altough there is on the frihost site, we dont have to get that!

Thanks!

Tommy.
bogger
Just in response to the posts about moderatorship, i was wondering what the chances of forum specific moderators being allowed, I would say that there are quite a few people who sit on the one forum and only venture out when obliged. *(zombie voice)need more points.......uuuughhh.*

These people know the ins and outs of their forums, and do some backseat moderation (illegal) but should be recognised and allowed to help anyway.

regards,
mstreet
I don't think I've been around long enough to feel the effects of the changes. It seems that everything is running smoothly for me and I have no complaints.
romaop
I don't know the changes because I'm quite new here but I like the forum topics division because it's "a must" when someone wants others to reply. It avoids a lot of "spam" messages.
So Frihost admin is concerned about posts feedback!
A post shouldn't "die on the beach" (a portuguese ideomatic expression that means something that starts but doesn't grow).
Other good things about the forum are:
- the simplicity of the forum design
- the easy use of smileys Razz
- the possibility of seeing your messages

But mostly, it's good to see a place where CONTENT still rules.

Sometimes though posts aren't answered Crying or Very sad or subjects aren't really developed. But this has to do with people (us) for being capable or willing to answer.

And the number of messages is at times too much Confused (I haven't got all day).

Right now I found one problem to solve: when someone puts a smiley it goes only to the end of the message (not user friendly).

The user has to "study" a little the site to exploit it's various possibilities. I started using Frihost like most people, I think: posting, reading, answering. Then I went discovering some new features (to me). Others are yet to be discovered.

So, very good work here at Frihost Cool
joshua_erceg
Everything looks so different! Very Happy
I haven't been on in a while either.... So its even more of a suprise ^^
Blaster
Yea it is a lot differen't. Why such the long absence? You missed a lot. New mods all the works.
realbarcelona
It should be more like colours on bakground and bigger and wiser buttoms in Home, Forums, Rules and more...
I think they should try that and get more people in here! They could get more people if they worked a bit more on colours and pic's. Like this:
YOU CAN GET A 250 MB FOR FREE!! with colours and other things. Like work it on Adobe ! :p Well...?
testoo
I noticed a new change in the point system:
I got 4 points and 4 frih$ for a long post...
pll
I like the changes ... There's more live in frihost.
Vrythramax
I like the new layout at Frihost, It makes it mutch easier to find items and posts, some may disagree...but I find it easier to use and utilize.

A Lot of hard work went into this and I certainly appreciate it.

Great work Frihost!