FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do this little to protect your MS Windows.

Helios
I really don't know if it will help much, but it should.

First, if you have multiple users, make them all passworded with some nice passwords.
Now, make only ONE user an administrator and give it a REALLY hard ass password.

Access your admin account only in safe mode and only if you need to make some system configs.

For everyday use, access your OS ONLY with the regular user account.

That should keep you safe from some sorts of attacks.

Note: this is how Linux systems work at the first place, by default.
Now you can see how much ms care about security =P
So what if they work so hard on those anti-attack stuff, but why not to define those basic configs as a default and keep the user safe?

Hope that this tut helped you a little bit, if not.. BAH! =P
j/k

cy!

H.A.N.D !
simplyw00x
This can getreally frustrating though, as several programs need administrator priviledges to run, as lazy developers figure people will be using the M$ default of 'give retards dangerous amounts of power' and won't bother making it install or even run as a simple user. It's a good idea, but probably far too much hassle for the average user, and a Windows user is better off with a souped-up firewall, 2 or 3 good AVGs and some good anti-spyware. Or, better yet, Linux.
ladderalice
i have only one admin-account in my computer, that log-in automatically Shocked ...i feel secure with my nod32, antispyware, firewall, and that's all for me, i used to have quality passords, (like 13 alpha-numeric characters) but now i think that is useless..."real" hackers (or crackers, whatever) aren't going to hack my home pc, is stupid to thing that (for me), only experimented hackers can get into a MS computer using a direct method, like console exploits, using windows bugs, using own programms to exploit a vulnerability...the others just use social engineering (trojans or pseudo-exploits...keyloggers...), so i have a normal security..."real crackers" are the less...only an opinion... Wink