FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fallout

AftershockVibe
Not even close to being current news I know but was anyone here a player of the post-apocalyptic roleplaying Fallout games (1 and 2) and to a lesser extent their illegitimate children Fallout: Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel?

Any views on Bethesda's (makers of Morrowind) acquisition of the license to make fallout 3?

Cool
SunburnedCactus
I remember those games. Played both 1 + 2, though I don't think I managed to get to the end of either of them because they became extremely difficult towards the end.

Didn't know there was any word of Fallout 3, but I'd be interested as long as it was more like the first two games...
AftershockVibe
That's a shame, as video games go they had pretty good endings.. that is, how you played the game made a difference instead of being a generic "hooray! you've saved the universe" message.

At least Bethesda seem to be a capable company. The only concern is a Morrowind with guns scenario.

Off-topic:
I'm also from York! If by York you are referring to the one in England.
SunburnedCactus
I am indeed in York UK yes, at the university to be precise. Where are you?
xray757
I started t oplay Fallout 1, but never got to play it a lot because of lack of time. Sadly, because I liked the look of it a lot. If I remember correctly this is a lot of years ago, I had it on Amiga. Or am I wrong and this was another game?
darth_revan
neither 1 nor 2 was hard... You'd have no difficulties if you played "right". I mean, if you are thief, you must be able to sneak, if you are laser gunner, your skill musnt be below 150, and if you are using melee weapons, you dont have much chance (you can kill em all by using Power armor and energj-melee weapons)

But Fallout : brotherhood of steel is not RPG, it's like commandos, tactic based strategy... it shouldnt be entitled as "fallout", fallout is RPG...
AftershockVibe
Fallout was never released on the Amiga, it was a PC game... there may also have been a Mac port. The game isn't quite that old!

As good an RPG as it was, it was much easier to finish the game using guns and brawn than it was to tech and talk your way through.

Quote:
I am indeed in York UK yes, at the university to be precise. Where are you?

Also at the uni. York York, not St John's. Second year computer systems & software engineering. What about yourself?
grumman
fallout is easy when you know how to play. its also time consuming when you are playing allone without any solutions. BTW look at this fallout 2

i tried to do that but a oil tanker has no fuel.
AftershockVibe
grumman wrote:
fallout is easy when you know how to play. its also time consuming when you are playing allone without any solutions. BTW look at this fallout 2

i tried to do that but a oil tanker has no fuel.

Heh, someone must have been bored. It takes a special mentality to think "I wonder how quick I can finish Fallout 2?" AND then video it!

He gets the fuel for the tanker by convincing the Hubologist scientist to transfer it (after killing the Shi Emperor's adviser).