FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My PC doesn´t reconize the CD drive

Diebels
Hi, after installing alcohol 1.2 and de installing it my pc doesn´t identifie my cd drive...

The weired thing is that any dvd i put in get instant reconized but non of my cds Sad

Any Ideas?

Thanks for help...
Diebels
Animal
Check for problems with your drivers:

To do this, right-click on My Computer and hit PROPERTIES. In the next window that opens, select the HARDWARE tab and click DEVICE MANAGER. Under DVD/CD ROM DRIVES, look for your CD Drive's name. If there is a yellow exclamation mark next to it, right click and PROPERTIES on it to see a description of the error. It's possible that the problem is that the Alcohol uninstaller has removed the driver too. If this is the case, you can try to "Roll Back" the driver from within the CD Drive Properties window, you could try reinstalling the driver (by downloading the latest version from your computer manufacturer's site), or you could try running a system restore to attempt to reinstate it automatically.

To run a system restore:
START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE
Select the option to restore your computer to an earlier state and select a system checkpoint prior to when you installed Alcohol. If that isn't possible, use one that is dated before you uninstalled it.

Hope this helps - let me know if you need any more advice.
Scanner771
Double check the Jumpers on the drive
Diebels
Thanks for the response...

You were right, Alcohol replaced the driver. I reinstalled the original driver but still the same problem. BTW i couldn´t roll back the driver because the re where no system restore point.