FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Playstation 2 Modchips

jimmy5450
Ps2 modchip disscusion, want to know how to mod your ps2 or advise on where to buy and at what price, as me.
squeakypants
I've got a few questions:

If I got an action replay and used the knife trick, would I be able to play emulators?
What emulators are available for PS2?
Do you have a video of someone doing the knife trick?
Would emulators or games be able to be saved on a hard drive if I put one in?
What works better, Gameshark or Actionreplay?
jimmy5450
squeakypants wrote:
I've got a few questions:

If I got an action replay and used the knife trick, would I be able to play emulators?
What emulators are available for PS2?
Do you have a video of someone doing the knife trick?
Would emulators or games be able to be saved on a hard drive if I put one in?
What works better, Gameshark or Actionreplay?

i would get a modchip, or use swapmagic
i dont have a video, but try google.
there are lots of emulators and they all work with the harddrive.
I like action replay, more than gameshark, but its just down to user preference.
Ofinet
I just came back from my friend's house. He put a huge hard drive into his ps2 and has a program that saves games onto it. He never has to use the cd again for the game. He wouldn't tell me where he got it from though. Does anyone here know? Because I think it's quite nifty plus the fact that everyone else who has a ps2 has failing lenses in their ps2s.
jimmy5450
Ofinet wrote:
I just came back from my friend's house. He put a huge hard drive into his ps2 and has a program that saves games onto it. He never has to use the cd again for the game. He wouldn't tell me where he got it from though. Does anyone here know? Because I think it's quite nifty plus the fact that everyone else who has a ps2 has failing lenses in their ps2s.

Ps2 lasers all go to heaven.

I have a ps2 slimine that i modded and solded on the Hdconnect to allow it to have a hd (120Gb)

The program would of been, hdloader or hdadvance that runs the games and you normaly connect it to pc and install using winhiip.

No need for ps2 laser.
The older ps2s you need software hdd network adaptor and your right to go!
For other versions post here.
phinguyen
you should just use the case mod and swap magic. worx perfect fer me.
votd
I suggest to not mod your console. It's a semi-destruction of it. And ex. in my country there are not many people who can afford HDD for their PS2 with Network Adapter (Poland). Well, if you mod your console, it will be broken - maybe not in a half-year, a year, but in 2-3 years... or never be broken - it depends if you are lucky or not.
jeffleo
Mine is modded like 2 or so years ago. It still works fine for me Smile Anyways, if I use swap magic ( and burn... ) can I play without a MOD chip? Or do I still need a mod chip to read the game?
picsite
I'm looking at modding my PS2. Would it be cheaper to goto a mall or store and have them do it or to buy it online have it shipped to me and me installing it? Also what risks do I run my doing it myself and by having someone else do it.