FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Vista?

nacho
what do you guys think of windows vista?? I think its going to be awesome! Its going to be alot safer! It will have windows defender and the new IE7 which is going to be awesome! I love the new sleek, clear design that it has. It will also have progrmas that willl use every single bit of your RAM. The new Windows Media Player 11 is a copy of iTunes, very similar but its still going to be cool!
Josso
Sounds pretty good but like any Windows OS it'll always have massive flaws (I use windows OS because of compatibility!). Although I must upgrade for Halo 2 PC (only availible on vista)... it's Microsoft's way of killing two birds with one stone. Double the money for people wanting to play it, having to purchase vista aswell... cheeky!
Xeniczone
I have tried out windows vista and I'm not inpressed. They changed everything I mean everything it is like another windows 98 to windows xp change.
Josso
Has been a long time gap again though. Is the version you tried a beta or not?
Xeniczone
it was the first beta
TheGeek
its a "user friendly" linux distro ported to windows proprietary coding so you cant mess with it. IE7 is firefox, made to look sorta like IE6 with tabs and ported to windows proprietary code.

everything that Vista will have has already been done, just not in mass marketed, widely publicized versions.
budazz
and i think you will gonna change your specs also like 64 bit of processor

with a mother board supporting it

a lot of memory cause it will gonna use a 3d interface ( i think)...
flashmoto
I heard that microsoft is purposefully putting spywares on the operating system so that they can stop piracy. I don't like all these new changes that microsoft is making. I am going to stick with xp and dual boot with linux os. I am not getting vista. Another thing is that new microsoft games such as halo 2 will only be playable on windows vista. I know it's sad what microsoft is doing. Sad
knowme640
WIN VISTA is a 3G windows...

it's gr8

but it's requirements are too much..

!!!
x-stream
@Halo: Iīm sure there will be a patch (If the patch is illegal, no problem!!) Very Happy
to play it on XP!
Animal
Please post in the Official Windows Vista thread.

-close-