FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Run a exe file in HTML(not download, run it)

Mgccl
I never thought that could happen until I found it could.
you know those P0rn sites? yes. some of them use that kind of skill break into your computer and add a virus.

but how does that happen?
so I searched google and found these
http://www.nsclean.com/psc-exe2.html
exe2html, is a kind of software that make a code so a exe file can be run in html

I also rememberd this. When I was in somekind of geeky computer forum, I noticed this:
TegoWeb Express - Web enable your .exe programs
and found a webpage for it
http://www.tegosoft.com/InternetCourse/TegoWebExpress.htm
It says it can run a exe in html

so isn't that great if I put WoW on it so I can play it ANY time if I got a computer?
aningbo
this is really bad that something like this has come up!!! but hey with the newest popup blockers...i think it would b difficult.

i should start coding in VB again.... lol.
aningbo
the second link you gave is no good. they send out a page saying your activeX is disbale. enable it or download ***.exe!!!!

hey where do i download EXE2HTML. i cantfind anywhere. can u send me a copy???
n0obie4life
As simple as that, that site requires you to use MSIE.

It uses activeX within HTML.

And we will NOT tolerate any illegal exe files on our webhost. And that includes running WOW on our servers.
Mgccl
I don't mean on your server.
I mean if somebody setup a server then he can play it though it....
I can't find EXE2html too, so if somebody find it please post up here
aningbo
i got the software and i dont know if i should post it here for the major interest of the ppl ocz the softwareworks.lol

well if i get more response to post it, i may but i'm saying it again- i dont want to get a warning or anything... try searching/

its out there waiting for u to download.lol
aningbo
n0obie4life wrote:

And we will NOT tolerate any illegal exe files on our webhost. And that includes running WOW on our servers.

dude, have you ever try this kinda software. Anonymousity is the key here and when a pop up comes up, u r done for. we need some software which can get through even when the firewall, popup blockers are on.

i say exe2html also does the same. well almost but it works so is the other except that it gives a very nice installation link if activeX is disabled which may cause milions of dollars of losses....lol.

y should anyone let anyone know that the page the user is opening has something fishy!!!!
Mgccl
yeah, that's purely cool. because some times things are not sooo easy when used in javascript, but if you make a EXE, everything will be SOOOO easy and the website will become so fast(complied things have faster processing speed).
Sometimes you can even make a EXE website~ better than anything else
Arcath
i dont think the ability to run exes from HTML files is a good thing, imagine the number of viruses you cn get from it
aningbo
dude, thats the point !!! lol.

i love the program. created one simple program using VB and yeah it work amazingly but activex has to be enabled.... which is really bad.

there must be a way to auto-enabled that too! .lol
aningbo
n0obie4life wrote:

i didn't mention this earlier.... I WONT DO ANYTHING USING THIS HOST. i understand the term.
Mgccl
I tried with my LF2 game, it's amazing using another computer to play the game in a browser. So now I can use this as a way to make the my friends in the library(let you do anything on the internet but not allow download) play some small games....~~
Great.... sadly, the thing only give you 30 day to try~
zorindart
Quote:
According to Georgi Guninski, the exploit
runs on all windows versions with Internet Explorer
5.0/5.1 on.

What about Firefox or Opera? Do you think this exploit runs also on these browsers?
Mgccl
maybe not, some of them use IE bugs than anything else.....
like one of them use tego's use ActiveX, and only IE have it
aningbo
it runs on firefox as well as Opera.

the only draw back could be that the activeX has to be enabled.