FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please

mtorregiani
Can I upload movie files as .avi, or .mpeg?
Please is the soul of my website

Those movie files are motorsport related captured from TV Crying or Very sad
Please can I?
Bondings
Yes you are allowed to upload them for your website. However, it needs to be 100% legal and hence you must be sure that you aren't breaching any copyright laws by uploading them to your website.

(Edit) If you got the movies from tv, then it is not legal to reproduce them on your website and thus not allowed.
Blaster
If you use a song in your movie but give recanition to the writer is that ok?
Animal
mtorregiani wrote:
Those movie files are motorsport related captured from TV

Bondings wrote:
However, it needs to be 100% legal and hence you must be sure that you aren't breaching any copyright laws

I don't mean to tell you how to do your job Bondings, but I suspect that any material recorded directly from the TV is copyright protected and it would therefore be illegal to use them on a website without written permission from the producer / broadcaster.

Blaster wrote:
If you use a song in your movie but give recanition to the writer is that ok?

I think you would need written permission from the songwriter / performer to do this. For instance, if you are using "chart music" it would be illegal to use without permission - you could get this, but you would need to pay for it. Online radio stations have to pay artists for every time a song is played, so it's unlikely they could broadcast music for free by saying "this is a great song by xxxx and you can buy it from xxxx".

If in doubt, it's best to check with the owner rather than get a court summons sent to you - sorry, I know this isn't the answer you would have liked.
Blaster
Animal wrote:

I think you would need written permission from the songwriter / performer to do this. For instance, if you are using "chart music" it would be illegal to use without permission - you could get this, but you would need to pay for it. Online radio stations have to pay artists for every time a song is played, so it's unlikely they could broadcast music for free by saying "this is a great song by xxxx and you can buy it from xxxx".

If in doubt, it's best to check with the owner rather than get a court summons sent to you - sorry, I know this isn't the answer you would have liked.

I see what you are saying however its hard to contact a songwritter. Bondings can i get a vertict on this.
n0obie4life
mtorregiani wrote:
Those movie files are motorsport related captured from TV Crying or Very sad
Please can I?

Stuff captured from TV (i.e. recorded or whatever) are normally copyrighted and recording and distributing them is illegal.

So, it's a simple NO unless you have permission from the TV Company/Director to use them on Frihost.
Bondings
I'm sorry to create some confusion as I must have overlooked the tv part. As others said, such files are not legal in most (if not all) cases and hence are not allowed.
mtorregiani
So..I can't?
n0obie4life
mtorregiani wrote:
So..I can't?

Yes, you can't Rolling Eyes
Blaster
What about me? Can i put music in my movies? The artist is reconized.
Animal
Blaster wrote:
What about me? Can i put music in my movies? The artist is reconized.

Unless the music is royalty-free and under an open-source license, or you have written permission from the artist and/or music producing company, then I'm sorry but the answer is no. If you do get some form of permission, I'm sure Bondings will need to see it before you get official permission from him to use the music on your hosting account. Simply acknowledging the artist does not constitute permission to use a song.

If you don't get permission and we find copyrighted music and / or copyrighted video clips on your site, your hosting account will be removed. I am sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear, but we have to protect ourselves as well as you against potential legal action over the unauthorised use of copyrighted material.