FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SIM CITY series

Lennon
Anyone play this one, really good.

I'm on SimCity 4, and the whole series is slowly going out of date. It's addictive, and I've built a metropolitan area called middle earth (the 10th age). It's a challenge to boost the population at the start with little cash, and as the city develops it becomes a real hassle managing all the problems with overcrowding.

The previous SimCities come nowhere as good as this one, the programming is awesome (extremely accurate real-life simulation).
KernEnergie
That's a really good games, but damn boring.
Pyro Man
I never got into SimCity 4 for some reason. Maybe I didn't have the patience at the time to learn another fairly complicated game. I always kind of stuck to SimCity 3000 I'm not sure why. It only works on my 7 year old computer for some reason I'm not sure why. Never loads from the shortcut... but it's been like that on all my PC's ever since I brought it. I may have got a dodgy copy.
But anyway... had many fun years playing on that game!
Jayfarer
I like Sim City. I've only played up to 3, but I like it as a series. But I want them to update their old Sim games, too. Sim Farm, Sim Ant, Sim Tower, how about sequels for these games? Everything out of Maxis these days is Sim City, The Sims or The Urbz. Bah.
Insanity
I've always loved the Sim City series but I found it really hard to get used to the new ones, or maybe I'm just lazy. I got addicted to Sim City 2000 for the longest time, but then they started coming out with sequels really fast and I just got bored trying to learn the new interfaces and crap. Awesome series though.
windval
it is a really good game~~

sierra did a great job~~

however i think it is just difficult to earn money~

do you have some methods to share??
jarcelao
i consider simcity 4 as the hardest, most challenging and ultra-realistic city building simulation of the series. requires a high learning curve to manage and grow a small city to a city with tall skyscrapers.

the cooperative mode of different cities within the neighborhood of your city adds a nice twist on the ever addictive gameplay of the simcity series. Very Happy Cool
vaoger
sim 4... my flavourite game... the game is also get the best game of the year in year 2004!!
i like the expation of the game more than the original version of the game!!
sim city 4: rush hour!!
it rock!! i was the one who let my sim drive madly.... causing mass traffic problem...
dive a tank and demolish the building!!
this is one of my flavour... plane crash..... ...
Recomend to do this before u want to use the god mode to delete ur city)
it sure get alot of fun with that!!
darth_revan
hehe i have just played Simcity (not 3000 or 4, first edition) you can download it, its abandonware now...

The game is not bad but it gets confusing as your city grows bigger and bigger... micro controls arent strong in the game, it makes it less confusing...

I havent played simcity4, it makes me think and i just want to kill some more goblins (baldur's gate Very Happy )
gianx80
I hope, one day, Sim City 5 will come out. About 2 years ago one of the Sim City developer said that his team was working on the 5th episode.
dmhq
well personally i think that the sim city 4 is good enogh, i own it and play it alot at home. any ideas on wat they might change in sim city 5?
gianx80
dmhq wrote:
well personally i think that the sim city 4 is good enogh, i own it and play it alot at home. any ideas on wat they might change in sim city 5?

An incredible grapich that can take advantage of the new generation grapich cards. The possibility of walking with our sims through the city or going in their house. But these are all my opinions!!!
linkman2004
I've never played Sim City 4 or 3000 for that matter. But I used to love the original Sim City for the SNES, especially after I found the million dollar cheat. Razz
eku53ru
I remember playing those games when I was in elementary school; however, it seemed to fade out, craze-wise, around Sim City 3000. I've only played up to 2000 for the computer, though, and I was pretty bad at it.

It's amazing how many easter eggs the Maxis staff put into that game. When I found out about how to unlock them, my city began to boom. It never really broke a population of a million, sadly.
Timoses
My friend has this New York Tycoon.
He said that it's not comparable to SimCity4 since it seems to be very easy.
You can like buy something and already get money from it.
But it looks pretty cool. You can make your own New York Very Happy
Lennon
Wow, that's an amazing response (kinda expected no-one to really like this one).

Sim City 2000 is really very dull without the million dollar cheat, at least when you know what's available now with the latest.

Sim City 3000 is much better but still quite limited.

Sim City 4 requires skill in balancing the residential, industy and business with the limited amount you have to start. There's loads of tips, but my best is to use the weaknesspays cheat to layout a motorway/highway before you start builing up (so hard to build later).
4ndY
i was playing simcity 1, 2k, 3k and 4k... all of them are great games. But for my taste 3k and 4k are a little bit too real, i mean complex - u really dont have time to explore and just look your city becouse problems queue are always full: you think that you finally done everything, everything is working perfectly (education, industry, public services,...) and that you can go on "vocation" as a major BUT then power plant blow up, or sth other happen Sad

so simcity 2k is the best simcity ever (my opinion).
benwhite
I always loved Sim Tower. Except that once you're tower was huge, everything would go wrong and your rooms would constantly go red. I'm sure I was too young to be good at it, but it was tough. I'd play a remake.

SimAnt...was awful. Remember that one? Why did that exist...
4ndY
benwhite wrote:
I always loved Sim Tower. Except that once you're tower was huge, everything would go wrong and your rooms would constantly go red. I'm sure I was too young to be good at it, but it was tough. I'd play a remake.

Yes! SimTower, i've almost forgotten that i've been playing it Smile
All that you wrote is the same with me.

Anyone ever played Simfarm? -that was great game Smile
or SimCopter? -game in which u fly by helicopter over and through your city (build in SC2k Razz ).

or SimCity 2k Network edition? -never successfully made a connection (some bugs related problem)
Yjaxygames
4ndY wrote:
benwhite wrote:

Yes! SimTower, i've almost forgotten that i've been playing it Smile
All that you wrote is the same with me.

Anyone ever played Simfarm? -that was great game Smile
or SimCopter? -game in which u fly by helicopter over and through your city (build in SC2k Razz ).

or SimCity 2k Network edition? -never successfully made a connection (some bugs related problem)

I forgot that I played SImTower too. I played it very much, but when my tower was running very good, everybody moved and almost every chamber was empty.
benwhite
Oh I remember Sim Copter. I used to play that all the time. You could import your cities from Sim City to play in. It was cool.

Then is got super repetitive, oh well. It was fun though. It was kinda like a game solely of the taxi/firetruck/vigilante missions in GTA made a long long time ago.
Lennon
Yeah, simtower when you get your tower status and the church on top with the wedding. I had problems with elevators all the time (I like finding bombs and treasure too).

I tried my hand at simisle but that was too hard to understand what was happening
Hanpusu-kun
The only game i have in possesion is SimCity 2000.
Love the sounds and graphics <3
Lennon
There's some great downloads available for SimCity 4. Geothermal powerstations, super-hospitals etc.... Check this out.
http://simcity.ea.com/exchange/lots/results.php?skiprows=&maxrows=10&startrow=31&maxrows_previous=10&resultOrderBy=CREATION_DATE&resultOrderByDirection=desc&next.x=11&next.y=11
vaoger
cool stuff...
wow... i like it... it make the game look much cooler..and more easy to play now.... but i miss the old day... where hospital still... hospital....
never mind... the new building sure look cool...
loving it!!
DeadX
The first time I've played Sim City was on a super nintendo. Now I play sin city 4 sometimes, I just can't play it daily, it goes up and down. Soemthimes I can play it the whole weekend, other times I just play it for one hour or so.
anhstar
Yep Sim are some good games. Just that once you know the trick to grow your cities, it become less attractive.
I can play like for 4 to 5 hours and then I would never come back to play again for months heh.

Did you guys try NewYork Tycoon? Not a bad game
Petee
I used to have Sim City 2000 on DOS, but that was a couple years ago. Now I've got Sim City 3000 Unlimited. I think it's pretty good. I like it. I like creating huge cities, saving the game, then destroying it with all the disasters Twisted Evil

I've also got Sim Tower (Very good game IMO), Sim Isle (I did really good on it one time), Sim Copter (Another great game in it's day), along with some other old sim games that aren't really great (Sim Ant, Sim Park, Sim Town, etc.)
Lennon
Simisle.... Did you understand how to build up the economy? I got lost here, could only start with the basics, couldn't do anything...
photon
quite frankly i have not even thought about simcity series. i just dont have the time and patience to play such games. but since its the best selling game of all time, there must definitely be something in it !! goto give it a short one of these days..
dimerethiel
Hi! If you want to play Sim Ant game, you can download it from this site:
Sim Ant download
Jeza
SimAnt was one of my first games *Ah, Nostaligia*
mceejaydee
I remember getting SimCity 2000 when I was 8. I was on that game 24/7 It's freakin addicting!
androjuni
i once found a rom of the Sim City version that was on SNES! i played it on a emulator on my PC and got hooked! i played it for weeks.. it was realy challenging! and though the graphics wasn't good, it wasn't even on 3d yet! the gameplay and the concepts of the game kept me playing. i even thought of running for mayor in the future because the game entertained me so much!
springbok
I have been playing Sim City since I first played the first on on an old 486. As the newer versions came out I found it more difficult and less interesting. I still play 3000 more than 4, just too lazy to learn the new interface I suppose.

I am a sucker for economic sims, strategy and "god" games like Patrician 3, Cossacks, Sim City series, Pharoah, Caesar series, Civiliasation series and the oldies like Sim farm, sim ant and the list goes on.
Illionaire
I love the older generations of the SimCity games...2000 and 3000, though they are virtually the same. SimCity 4 it completely different. It is too much like the sims, and like many have said already, it is very hard to make any money. It is an endless balancing act between your budget and the city's need for improvement. I used to try to see how fast I could fill the map in Simcity 3000...I never broke an hour. I think my best was an hour and a half.

SimAnt was also a great game. You have to build up your colony's strength and take over a house and yard. Killing spiders was fun.