FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Page Creator

n0obie4life
https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=pages&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fpages.google.com%2F

I wonder what they are up to this time.

Need hosting?

Visit - http://yourgmailusername.googlepages.com

obviously replace "yourgmailusername" with your gmail username onec you get the website up.

Anyway, I wonder how much bandwidth and space they provide Razz
Jayfarer
It looks like Blogger, which is also owned by Google.

I think it looks like a nice way to get the common folk to make their own personal web page (One that isn't littered with ads, and terribly tacky backgrounds), but I dont think I'd ever have to use it. This seems to be aimed at the people who have never made their own websites.

Maybe it will be a nice gateway to everyone having a personal site.
Daniel15
Pfft...

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Google Page Creator! Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. In the meantime, please submit your email address and we will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience.

Anyway, why would you need this if you have FriHost? Very Happy
avk
Wow cool

But we have frihost out here and frihost is too good
And the most of it is that Frihost is really

FREE
Yeah!! free
Jack_Hammer
I've signed up for it just to see what it's like, I don't really know what it is or what it is like, but from what people are saying it doesn't sound great.
othello
it's a beta testing Razz
Pyro Man
Awesome, I will get in early on this one like Google Video. I actually thought they might head this way... are they hosting this?
SMCentral
i cant go in its says that no more new accounts can joinand stuff like that lol
nacho
o wow it looks awesome! im going to try out someday, but still frihost is the best.
IceCameron
How much do you get? (bandwith etc. etc.)
I couldnt find that out.
Blaster
daniel15 wrote:
Pfft...

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Google Page Creator! Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. In the meantime, please submit your email address and we will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience.

Anyway, why would you need this if you have FriHost? Very Happy

Yea i got the same message. I was curisous what it was going to look like. Does anyone have it that wouldn't mind showing us.
Mgccl
So, it's like another free hosting,GREAT, at last, google is giving spaces
Slammer
seen that this morning! It does indeed seem aimed at the more general computer user. Put my email addy in the waiting list thing anyway, just wanna see what its like. Should be good!
vinodmishra
This service is basically for Newbies who are not well versed in web designing.

In a fashion remarkably similar to Powerpoint, users can pick from a number of themes (or change them on the go) and text layouts. It makes use of a rather clever What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, so users don't have to face the prospect of editing HTML (but the option exists). Best of all, in true ground breaking fashion, Google lets you have 100MB of space for free, and it doesn't even put ads on your homepage.

And I dont think there is any bandwidth limit.

As I said earlier, this service is best for the newbies. I am better hosted by Frihost Smile

Though I have signed up just to see what the service is like and its great. My friends are now not able to sign up as they are not taking any more accounts.
bdoneck
I thinnk this is more of a geocities type website builder, i dont think they will have cpanel and php, mysql, perl, and support for all that other hard to find stuff...but who knows, they might start it soon...
nilsmo
It's nice that they give you 100MB for storage and that is it very fast and easy to set up a web page. This is a great new Google product, but FriHost is way better Smile
n0obie4life
bdoneck wrote:
I thinnk this is more of a geocities type website builder, i dont think they will have cpanel and php, mysql, perl, and support for all that other hard to find stuff...but who knows, they might start it soon...

True. You can never guess what Google does Smile
theo
Due to heavy demand, we are unable to offer new accounts for today. If you'd like to be added to our waiting list, please enter your email address.

haha incredable
Blaster
theo wrote:
Due to heavy demand, we are unable to offer new accounts for today. If you'd like to be added to our waiting list, please enter your email address.

haha incredable

That should be posted in qote tags.

But a lot of us got the same message. Me and daniel15 mentioned it.
Vrythramax
I just went there and setup a page....the whole thing is really quite lame and not worth the time nor effort.

Frihost is a much better deal. Here you can control your own space and write your own html. The editor at Google has got to the worst visual editor I have ever seen. You can hardly even call it a "Beta"....it' looks as tho it's still in the Alpha stage.

Bad, awful, ugly & nasty...and those are the good features Sad
startsomething
Man, google is going all out. The most powerful and popular search engine, Google Earth, Froogle, Gmail with over 2.6 GB of space, Google Chat, and now Google Pages. This is awesome. I love google. I especially love gmail cause its free, huge space, and easy to use. I brag about 2.6 Gigs, but I only use like 2 megs. 'sall good though.

Viva La GOOGLE!
DecayClan
If you have a gmail account, you can use it there to get hosting as well....
I think that it is nice for people wo don't need much.
We should wait to what it will evolve, and then...
What if, all the sudden it says" 500MB, 10GB bandwidth, PHP,PERL,unlimited all,NO ADVERTISEMENTS"....
?what would you do?
n0obie4life
DecayClan wrote:
If you have a gmail account, you can use it there to get hosting as well....
I think that it is nice for people wo don't need much.
We should wait to what it will evolve, and then...
What if, all the sudden it says" 500MB, 10GB bandwidth, PHP,PERL,unlimited all,NO ADVERTISEMENTS"....
?what would you do?

You forgot the "instant accept" part.

Well, I can imagine what will happen to free webhosts ;o.
Tasukii
I don't really like it, maybe Im wrong but there is only a WYSIWYG editor right? And the templates are pretty lame.
However it's good for youngs and without experience bloggers.
sonam
It is true, this is good hosting for newbies. I am fun of FTPs, and I would like to upload files with FTP. I dont accept enything else! Laughing

Maybe in future they will give more options and better WYSIWYG editor, Rolling Eyes but now this is not for me.

Sonam
cole09mcfc
cool, they're taking over the www
WebSiteGuru
From what I gather, Google is trying to compete with yahoo on everything and that probably one of the thing they had added along with GMail Talk and everything else that I am starting to see. Laughing
Alan S
mmmmmmm im undecided it does look like google are trying to compete With yahoo though
Blaster
Alan S wrote:
mmmmmmm im undecided it does look like google are trying to compete With yahoo though

Nothing will beat frihost though! Yahoo suked with geocities is think. Does anyone have a google page?
charredii
I will commend the nice and early set of templates

its nice when you don't have a frihost site
heady233
@Google

Google, Google, Google. They never have there own ideas. Think of something new for a change. I mean Search was a good startn now think of something better.
Blaster
heady233 wrote:
@Google

Google, Google, Google. They never have there own ideas. Think of something new for a change. I mean Search was a good startn now think of something better.

Not true they have google earth. But i do agree that they are taking everything.
nilsmo
Part of the reason that you Google Page Creator accounts are limited is because half a million slashdot readers were exposed to it and most probably created an account. Such a shame that you have to use a mobile phone to get some code... Sad

@heady233:
No other company had offered searchable news from many news sites in Google quality; no other company had offered free maps in Google's resolution; no other company had scanned many, many old books and put them in a freely searchable database; no other company had come up with the idea to make such a huge image search; no other company...
Billwaa
wow, google rock!
root
I would be nice if you could use the space from your gmail account with the hosting. I would definitely use Google's hosting if they provided cpanel, mysql, php, and ruby on rails (something FRIHOST should have)
smalls
I think this could get rid of all the people that just post on frishot to get their points and get free hosting. Maybe once there's another really good free hosting service out there, frihost will be left with only the realy forum posters.
n0obie4life
smalls wrote:
I think this could get rid of all the people that just post on frishot to get their points and get free hosting. Maybe once there's another really good free hosting service out there, frihost will be left with only the realy forum posters.

I'm sure there will be some people that hates google alot and think google will invade their privacy by looking at their website or whatever. So, Frihost isn't that doomed yet Wink.
windval
it is very funny

i like this~~~

thanks for your sharing~~
thiamshui
it's a good start.. hope they will add more features such as PHP, mySQL, etc etc.. den for sure it will be a hit.. Laughing