FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Does Anime Absoloutly Suck?






Does Anime SUCK?
Yes!
21%
 21%  [ 26 ]
Naw, not really... *Japanese jibberish*
78%
 78%  [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 119

TheDarkLord
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw wierd stuff to release their perverted desires.

When I told the people in my class that love anime the truth about it, (how it is before it gets edited) it was like telling little children the truth about Santa.

Anyway, anime is retarded and gives children seizures. Now a real cartoon is the Simpsons.

Bwahaha.
Saber
wow... first off, most people that love anime dont like the "americanized" stuff, bad dubbing, changes in plot, etc. Two There are tons of anime, true there are some really messed up ones, either hentai wise or violence, but there still are lots of good anime that are out there. Its like saying I read a bad book, thus all books are bad. You need to learn more before you generalize all.
Helios
Anime is looking gay. I mean the drawings...

but actually I don't really care. IMO let it be if people like it.
boringest
anime just means something like animation in japanese. obviously you haven't seen much animes and think they are all like sailor moon or pokemon.
SunburnedCactus
Unnatural nasty stuff - like your avatar for example?
Lennon
3d animation like mr incredible was great.
Jack_Hammer
Some people like genocide doesn't mean you should let them do that des it?
Wink
SunburnedCactus
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Some people like genocide doesn't mean you should let them do that des it?
Wink


I think comparing Japanese cartoons to genocide is a touch excessive, don't you?
silvermesh
bashing anime on the internet is like walking into a christian church on sunday and saying "God really sucks"

you ain't gonna get many people agreeing with you.
Mgccl
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Fullmetal Alchemist is GREAT
it's beyond anyone's imagination
it's the best anime, and it does not suck
Lennon
Cartoons:
Futurama is pure class, the simpsons is nearly as good.

3d animation:
Mr incredible, shrek; Wollace and Gromit

What's wrong here?
bassgs_17
Man... I like "american" cartoons as much as the next guy, but dissing anime is .... too much. Come on, man. Who doesn't like Megaman!?
-Aquastrike
Scaramanga
Please people, don't feed the troll. Very Happy
KernEnergie
Some animes really sucks, like Pokemon, Digimon and stuff like that, but others are adults, thriller, scaryish and that's good. Don't talk without knowing dude.
dragonflame
theres a lot of animes that have zero content about sex or whatever. You just have to find the right title that you like, like any other movie. You like some, you dont like some, but you dont say everything sucks.
DecayClan
You should place something else on the NO.
I like anime
They are generally nice
Something different than the American stuff
That we have been seeing for Many,many,many many years.
This might be a reason, of why anime became so popular...
People just got bored of all the others...
Maybe...
shut up
It's about time somebody put a post about hating anime! I hate it hate it hate it! My psycotic friend likes it, my ex girlfriend likes it, I ****** hate anime! Half the time you can't understand wtf they're saying, their grapics suck and the storyline is gay.Brick wall It's everywhere you look, in bookstores, on TV, ****** theres even an anime club in my neighbor's school! I'm plain sick and tired of it all!
ccarter24
I hate anime too. It's just so hookey weird. And it seems a lot of new cartoons are taking on the same style that anime has. When I was a kid back in the good old days, cartoons werre normal. I'd take Bugs Bunny, Mighty Mouse, and Tom & Jerry over anime any day.
valkyrie-heavens
Not all anime is bad, u just have to find the right ones. There are some seriously perverted ones but they're not all like that. they are some good ones that have alot of good clean humour in them.
izimngcubes15
If you think that, then don't watch them, why share you opinion?


Well, I like anime. Confused
Garnet
You realize that's like saying "all movies suck"? You can't generalize and say that they're all about the same things. Just like with anything there's crap and there's actually good quality stuff that probably anyone who was open-minded enough would enjoy. Are you just ranting about it because you saw a bit of sailor moon or pokemon?

A lot of them take really good ideas that wouldn't be possible with any other medium, and make them into really good, in some cases addictive, shows. I hate that North Americans are using that style for shows like Teen Titans (especially when they can't pull it off) instead of the perfectly functional art style they used for shows like Batman. Have you seen Witch Hunter Robin? If it were in motion picture instead of anime everyone would think it was just as good as x-files. Cowboy Bebop would no doubt have a huge huge following, but since it wouldn't be possible to do as well in motion picture it's enjoyed as anime.
Soulfire
Personally, I am not one for anime - but it's not really that big of a deal, I'm indifferent to it.
Vrythramax
bassgs_17 wrote:
Man... I like "american" cartoons as much as the next guy, but dissing anime is .... too much. Come on, man. Who doesn't like Megaman!?
-Aquastrike


I don't. Personally I think Anime, if watched for extended periods of time, like maybe an hour straight, will lower your IQ to approx the same as belly button fuzz.
Naegi
Quote:
Personally I think Anime, if watched for extended periods of time, like maybe an hour straight, will lower your IQ to approx the same as belly button fuzz.


reality shows are perfectly doing this Wink


By my side, I'm listening to some animes because there's just nothing else to listen to where I live. When I look to other animated series, I don't think anime is the worst.

It's strange to see how people just love... or just hate anime. Many of my friends are just inuyasha freaks, and I don't understand why. But well I'm not going to say that I hate all animes : I just say that I don't know why some people get so "attached" to an anime at the point it influence their whole life.
Monkeydog
"Who doesn't like Megaman!? "
Megaman, the orginal show, is actually american.

Anyways, saying I love anime is a lie, since I don't love every single anime out there. Yet I do like anime. Saying I love american cartoons is a lie, since I don't like every american cartoon out there. Yet I do like american cartoons.

Some anime is really good, some anime sucks badly. I know people who HATE hate HATE anime yet still love Spirted Away or Cowboy Bebop. Why? Because just because it comes from Japan, and is labeled anime, doesn't mean it sucks.
SilverDogg
i like anime. there are a lot of great series out there =). trigun for example.
and i like "regular" cartoons aswell. i mean, who doesnt like family guy? Wink
or dr. snuggles? ;D
althalus
That's a biased poll if I ever saw one. Razz

I like anime. That doesn't mean I'll watch ANY or ALL anime. Like most 'cartoons' there are different styles and what not.. You just have to find the one that suits you. And if you can't find the genre that suits you because you think it's all 'perverted' -- tough.

...who doesn't enjoy a tentacle now and then? Razz
Blaster
I have no idea what/ who anime is. Will someone tell me. Never herd of it here in the us.
Wanderer
Blaster wrote:
I have no idea what/ who anime is. Will someone tell me. Never herd of it here in the us.

Anime is animation from japan. manga is the comic form of anime.

there is lots of anime in the US. you need cartoon network to see them though. the crap on 4kids and toonami (naruto and one piece for example) are all really cheap dubs. The voices are really bad and all the bloody and stuff is censored. the better dubs like full metal alchemist are on adult swim. Less censorship. Its better to watch them in japanese with subtitles.

anyway yea its stupid to say all anime is bad.
ultraman
I love anime ! But , whats the deal with my american cartoons these days . I am with the guy who said bugs bunny , tom and jerry. We can think up any of that anymore. The voice of bugs bunny had 100 some odd different voices. Now dayz the cartoons animation looks like my drawings in 1st grade!
Monkeydog
American Cartoons all suck nowadays, unless they're something like South Park or Family Guy... ;-;
7gts-scout
Most of you had the wrong meaning of Anime Rolling Eyes Anime is not only meant for Children, even adults enjoy them.

Quote:
World Of Anime

Anime is the most common word used by fans to refer to Japanese Animation. Almost everyone thinks anime is a cartoon, but for anime fans, anime is NOT a cartoon.
If you think properly, anime's true definition, anime is actually Japanese Animation. People usually think if this animation is not originated from Japan, then it is not anime. Actually is not true. Wink

People usually think anime is the animated version from manga (Japanese Comic). Most cases this is true, however, not all anime is based on Manga. Eg, some animes are based on video games like Ragnarok Online, Sakura Taisen, etc.

Brief History of Anime - Early Stage - source : http://gwu.edu/~koulikom/history.html

In 1914, cartoonists were among the first Japanese artists to experiment with animated motion pictures. Japan's first worldwide success was Kitayama Seitaro's short film Momotaro(1918). Although the Japanese animation industry continued to grow slowly, its one, last prewar milestone was Chikara To Onna No Yononaka. Appearing in 1932, the short film was the first animated "talkie" in Japanese.

As unbelievable as it may seem, the success of both the anime and manga industries in Japan rests firmly on the shoulders of one man: Osamu Tezuka. Originally an aspiring animator, Tezuka became a cartoonist after World War II. He was only 20 years old when his first significant work, the novel-length Shintakarajima or "New Treasure Island", appeared in 1947. In just a few years, he became Japan's most popular manga artist, eventually earning the title "God of Manga."

For manga and anime fans, Tezuka's most obvious contribution came in the design of his characters. The artist needed a vast emotional template to tell his often complex stories. Seeking inspiration, he returned to the prewar Disney cartoons that he loved as a child. Just like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, Tezuka's animal and humans characters sported round heads with huge, expressive eyes. Although these features appeared simple and cartoonish, they actually allowed a character to express a wide range of emotions, from adulation to seething hatred.

Tezuka founded the Osamu Tezuka Production Animation Department or, as it was eventually called, Mushi Productions. His goal was to produce animated theatrical features as well as episodic series for the fledgling Japanese television industry. Mushi Production's premiere series, Tetsuwan Atom (US: Astro Boy) missed out on being the first domestically-produced animated televisions show by only a few months. That honor fell to Otagi Manga Calendar or "Manga Stories Calendar," which featured short, historical cartoons. But, in all its black-and-white glory, Tetsuwan Atom was the first regular animated program to contain a recurring cast performing in fictionalized stories. Based on Tezuka's manga series of the same name, Tetsuwan Atom followed the amazing adventures of a robot boy as he fights crime and protects his friends. The show became so popular that it was even distributed worldwide.

About Anime Character - source : AnimeNfo

In anime, faces are very streamlined, but are used to convey the wide range of human emotions. The designs are so simplified that the smallest curve can change the entire character's expression. Characters often have multiple styles of faces, such as the normal face, the serious face, and the ultra cartoony or super deformed face, all used for the same characters at various times depending on what the situation calls for.

Most important are the big glossy eyes, said to be part of the legacy of Disney, who had a big influence on pioneering Japanese animators, but are also used because of the high level of emotion that having large eyes affords.

Hair is another widely recognized feature of anime characters. Not only do characters often have outrageously huge hair styles, but anime hair comes in all various colors not naturally found on people. Used primarily to help distinguish character from character, the colors often times suggest something about personality traits. Hair is usually given the 3 shade treatment of highlight, regular color, and shadow and tends to be drawn very angularly.
Pikokola
I don't think so, I love all of America Cartoon and Anime too, They both have itself advantages, err.... good side XD what must i say...

The Cartoon is a damn funny, but sometimes it's suck to watching some kiddy cartoon, like Spongebobs, Dora the Explorer and many more... they are too lame and just for kids I think (I'm 17 right now) - no flame, just my oppinion

In other hand Anime sometimes not too funny (of course with some exception like Nintama Rantaro), but they touching our heart like Salad Days, Ichigo 100% (it's funny, pervert, and had a good romance in it - i like it) and they are for all ages. But, I hate to watch a too long anime like Inuyasha, Doraemon, or many more (except it have a very goo plot in it ^^)

Just My oppinion of course Very Happy
thiamshui
Animes are just cartoons..
ZeRoRaVeN
I can't believe this. You don't understand anime, anime is not just cartoons, it's a form of art and animation.

American cartoons are another form, they differ in the types of animation you see, storyline.

I am really insulted, but I hate American cartoons so yea....>.>
7gts-scout
For those who are not anime fans, they say anime was a cartoon.
For anime fans, they will say anime is not cartoon.. This is what i mention on top.
Garnet
I think the definition of cartoon is the problem. See I think of cartoons as not only being animated, but also not being serious in the least (unless you would like to count Batman etc in there) for example people frequently run into painted walls. They're funny, but you sure don't have to think much. So anime fans, going by that definition, won't consider anime a cartoon since they tend actually have involved plots etc.
NewGuyinTown
TheDarkLord wrote:
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw unatural nasty stuff.
When I told the people in my class that love anime the truth about it, (how it is before it gets edited in the states) it was like telling little children the truth about Santa.
Anyway, anime is retarded and gives children seizures.


1.) Unnatural nasty stuff is Hentai, not anime. For your information, there are plenty of bad videos out there, too, but I do not label all movies contains "nasty stuff." For example, Lords of the Ring does not fall under the category of "videos that have nasty stuff." Fullmetal Alchemist does not fall under the category "nasty stuff."

You can't say if one little kid is a troublemaker that everyone in his class should be labelled as one, too. That is steorotype. I don't know what kind of anime you saw that makes you say that. I'm pretty sure the anime you saw is considered a hentai. That stuff is truly nasty.

2.) It's not the nasty stuff that have been cutted out because there was never any. It is usually blood gets cut out. Now, are you protesting there should be no bloody violence in movies, too?

Anime are PG-13 like most movies in theater
Sadly most anime have some kind of perverted humor. Nonetheless, it's still appropriate for children over 13.

The reason for editing is to make it more appropriate for younger children.
I bet if American Pie and Fantastic Four was shown to children, they would have to undergo major revision if Cartoon Network decide to broadcast those shows.

It's the story that keeps me watching anime.

And plus, a person do not always need a reason to like something. I believe there is a reason to hate something. Doesn't entertainment and happiness answer the question? What more do you need to like something?

Why do people like games?
Why are people seeks pleasure when a pillow will do? <- No one has ever gave me an answer for this and I do not expect I will find the answer to this in a forum.
Why do you like the things you like?
Scaramanga
TheDarkLord wrote:
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw unatural nasty stuff.

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were the world's foremost authority on art. Gee, some people refused to call Jackson Pollock's work art, and now he's hanging in the Tate, the Guggenheim, the Smithsonian and the Met (to name just a few.)

Oh, and despite you apparent authority on the subject, I'd wager what you DON'T know about anime, its history and current pop-culture influence, could just about fill the Grand Canyon. Welcome to trollville, population: you.
TheDarkLord
Quote:
Welcome to trollville, population: you.


'Troll?' Awww.... Did Dora the Explorer write that one for you? Or did you come up with it all by yourself? Bravo! How will I ever recover from such a devistating insult?

And on a side note, you uneducated idiots, that picture ('troll' Exclamation ) is actually Voldemort from the Harry Potter series, which is a book. Of course, you idiots wouldnt know the meaning of a book, or a library, since you just watch stupid (thanks, Dora, for the insult!) cartoons on TV.

Anyway, its even anime, not just hentai, that is 'dirty' before it is edited. Do you know that Dragonball Z has nudity, swearing, etc. in Japan?

Anyone who likes anime is high. Really, really high. Exclamation
Scaramanga
[quote="TheDarkLord"]
Quote:
Anyway, its even anime, not just hentai, that is 'dirty' before it is edited. Do you know that Dragonball Z has nudity, swearing, etc. in Japan?

zOMG Michaelangelo's work had NUDITY, he was dirty!!!11

You've obviously got something seriously wrong with your moral compass.

As for the troll comment, I stand by it, as this thread seems designed to do nothing else other than elicit angry flames from people. I'm not really I understand where your Dora the Explorer comment comes from. I can only surmise it is the only form of animation you are familiar with.
rightclickscott
I can't really look at Anime as a seperate medium of entertainment. Although there is anime that was made for children, but alot of the stuff that gets produced is rated pg-13 by American standards, however there are certainly shows like Najica Blitz Tactics, which are completely for adults. Alot of stuff is edited and changed into kid shows, so, if you don't like them, read the mangas, otherwise, leave them for the kiddies.
TheDarkLord
Mangas? MANGAS? I'd rather read a REAL book, instead of some retarded comic strip.

p.s. ANIME IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roopix
depends on if you're talking about the anime you see floating about like pokemon or digimon. If you get in to serious series like ghost in the shell or gantz then i'm not even sure it comes to close to comparing with a childish anime-like series. but i have to agree. simpsons is pretty darn hilarious. family guy too. X]
Scaramanga
TheDarkLord wrote:
Mangas? MANGAS? I'd rather read a REAL book, instead of some retarded comic strip.

So far the only books you claimed to have read are Harry Potter. Yeah, that's some HIGH literature there. Something comes to mind about people in glass houses and stones. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
p.s. ANIME IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right, you're not a troll (that was sarcasm, for the humour-impaired.)

No offense to the mods, but who exactly stickied this thread? It doesn't seem to be really contributing to a real discussion, other than to elicit flaming.
Urahara
Hating anime is like being racist. I don't understand how anyone can dislike the good animes, like Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, Bleach. OK, the fillers suck. But anime isn't like AMERICAN CARTOON, animes have their unique storyline and character development. You can't compare an apple to an orange, this is the same idea.
gotflash
TheDarkLord wrote:
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw wierd stuff to release their perverted desires.

When I told the people in my class that love anime the truth about it, (how it is before it gets edited) it was like telling little children the truth about Santa.

Anyway, anime is retarded and gives children seizures. Now a real cartoon is the Simpsons.

Bwahaha.


I support that entirely. I mean, the drawings aren't bad, but the artists could put their talent to much better use than drawing big boobied girls.
chizeled
Quote:
love anime ! But , whats the deal with my american cartoons these days . I am with the guy who said bugs bunny , tom and jerry. We can think up any of that anymore. The voice of bugs bunny had 100 some odd different voices. Now dayz the cartoons animation looks like my drawings in 1st grade!


I think you are totally wrong. I prefer both and I am a real lover of anime, but american cartoons are getting gutsy too. Family Guy is a clear example of something that the people requested to bring back. It is funnier that all get up. US cartoons have plots and anime has art form. We just have to accept it and go on. By the way, a animator has to have at least a BFA, Bachelors of Fine Arts Degree (4 years of college) and at least 3 years experience. If you seen how much work goes into creating cartoons and anime you would probably appreciate them both even more.
Scaramanga
gotflash wrote:
TheDarkLord wrote:
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw wierd stuff to release their perverted desires.

When I told the people in my class that love anime the truth about it, (how it is before it gets edited) it was like telling little children the truth about Santa.

Anyway, anime is retarded and gives children seizures. Now a real cartoon is the Simpsons.

Bwahaha.

I support that entirely. I mean, the drawings aren't bad, but the artists could put their talent to much better use than drawing big boobied girls.

You could say the exact same thing about Western comic books. Except THEY (comic-book illustrators) have been portraying "big-boobied girls" (as you so eloquently put it) for far longer than anime artists have. Pot, meet kettle... Rolling Eyes
CMA
NewGuyinTown wrote:
Unnatural nasty stuff is Hentai, not anime.


So let me get this straight... "Hentai" is "unnatural"? I thought sex (reproduction) was the sole responsible for us being in this world in the first place... Most natural thing in the world, buddy. And hentai isn't "nastier" than your regular porn movie.

And how can you say that hentai isn't anime? God, get a grip! "Anime" as in "animation", get it? Hentai series/movies are animated, right? Man... That's the same as saying porn movies aren't movies.

NewGuyinTown wrote:
Anime are PG-13 like most movies in theater
Sadly most anime have some kind of perverted humor. Nonetheless, it's still appropriate for children over 13.

The reason for editing is to make it more appropriate for younger children.
I bet if American Pie and Fantastic Four was shown to children, they would have to undergo major revision if Cartoon Network decide to broadcast those shows.


That's censorship for you. I'm not from the United States, but I wonder... Was Dragon Ball also censored to remove every drop of blood? And as I've heard the same is happening with Naruto... I really don't wanna know what'll happen to the series starting from the Sasuke Rescue saga. Or even after Sai, the bad-mouthed sissy, is introduced. If Japanese kids can take it, why can't the American ones?





Now to get on topic:

Hating anime shows your ignorance. You probably never saw any anime you liked. I'm pretty sure there's something out there for you, whether you're a fan of action, comedy, horror, sci-fi, mystery, drama, romance, sports or whatever. How can you say you hate ANIME (in general) with so many variety out there? There are as many different themes in anime as there are in movies... And also for all audiences, be it children, teens or adults (by adults I don't mean just hentai, but some emotionally heavy stuff like Saikano or AIR).
And about that "all animes are perverted and picture big breasted women" thing... LOL! Go watch Grave of the Fireflies and tell me where the big-breasted women or pervertedness are. Seriously, saying that just shows your ignorance even more. You might want to research a bit there...

I'm not forcing anyone to like anime, but don't say you hate anime in general because you saw a kiddy one or something and didn't like it.
Scaramanga
CMA wrote:
NewGuyinTown wrote:
Anime are PG-13 like most movies in theater
Sadly most anime have some kind of perverted humor. Nonetheless, it's still appropriate for children over 13.

The reason for editing is to make it more appropriate for younger children.
I bet if American Pie and Fantastic Four was shown to children, they would have to undergo major revision if Cartoon Network decide to broadcast those shows.

That's censorship for you. I'm not from the United States, but I wonder... Was Dragon Ball also censored to remove every drop of blood? And as I've heard the same is happening with Naruto... I really don't wanna know what'll happen to the series starting from the Sasuke Rescue saga. Or even after Sai, the bad-mouthed sissy, is introduced. If Japanese kids can take it, why can't the American ones?

Because of cultural differences, plain and simple. Just the same as why in some Middle-Eastern countries parents don't/wouldn't want their children exposed to some of the purient TV that comes from the West. I'm not saying it's good or bad, I'm just saying that you can't apply one set of cultural values to a completely different culture.

Also, in regards to the censorship issue, you have to understand, that while there ARE FCC guidelines, most, if not all of the editing done to anime that airs on CN or heck even network TV, is edited BY the broadcaster simply because they don't want parents complaining about the content (or to avoid spurious lawsuits.) That being said, Naruto on CN is still their highest rated show, even censored as it is. That should tell you that they obviously know what they are doing. And if you REALLY want the uncut version, well golly gee, you can go out and BUY the DVDs.
*parakiss
now why would anyone think anime sucks???
Blaster
*parakiss wrote:
now why would anyone think anime sucks???

They are telling the truth. It is just an annoying show. Never liked it never will.
Rsam
Wow really why is this post stickied? A thread of this quality really shouldn't be stickied. People should learn to respect other people's tastes and keep their opinions to themselves.
Monkeydog
Blaster wrote:
*parakiss wrote:
now why would anyone think anime sucks???

They are telling the truth. It is just an annoying show. Never liked it never will.

What is an annoying show?
I don't remember every anime being thrown together and called the show anime.
NewGuyinTown
CMA wrote:
NewGuyinTown wrote:
Unnatural nasty stuff is Hentai, not anime.


So let me get this straight... "Hentai" is "unnatural"? I thought sex (reproduction) was the sole responsible for us being in this world in the first place... Most natural thing in the world, buddy. And hentai isn't "nastier" than your regular porn movie.

And how can you say that hentai isn't anime? God, get a grip! "Anime" as in "animation", get it? Hentai series/movies are animated, right? Man... That's the same as saying porn movies aren't movies.


Let me rephrase that... Unnatural nasty stuff the person started this topic referring to is Hentai. It should not be the representation for all anime.

I do not find the anime series I watch nasty nor seen any. How many anime occassionally show that a person's eye is got popped or something?

It's like saying:

On my home, I saw bought a random ticket to watch a movie and it turned out to be porn. Is it alright to say, "OMG! How can you like movies? There is nothing in it but grandparents and middle school children doing nasty things together."

Can you really give reasons to emotions and other abstract things?
Why do you want to lose weight?
To look good.
Why do you want to look good?
So, I can get some ladies.
Are you saying that you can't get a lady the way you look now?

There are people out there so picky when choosing a woman to be in bed with. What's a difference between sleeping with an ugly woman and a hot one, a fat one and normal one? Pleasure is the same, but people choose the better looking one for no reason and refuse to sleep with an ugly one.

The person posted this is searching for an answer when there is no definite answer unless he is willingly to go as far as building a human atom by atom manually.
TheDarkLord
Rasm wrote:
Wow really why is this post stickied? A thread of this quality really shouldn't be stickied. People should learn to respect other people's tastes and keep their opinions to themselves.


Ever heard of freedom of speech? real people came up with it. No, not your paper figures (anime)

Any way, maybe this got stickied cuz it got a lot of replies? Its a bit different from the other posts, because every single topic on the anime board is based on 'What is your favorite anime?' or they just compare different animes.
Wait a sec, you guys probably cant read and weren't able to tell how many replies there were.

All anime is loosly the same. They involve a kiddy little game or something that goes out of hand then they try to achieve something.

Prove me wrong...
Scaramanga
TheDarkLord wrote:
All anime is loosly the same. They involve a kiddy little game or something that goes out of hand then they try to achieve something.

Prove me wrong...

No one has to prove you wrong, you pretty much do a good job of that with every trolling post you make. The thing is you have offered NO proof yourself to support your "zOMG anime is teh sux0rz!" theory, other than obviously flawed logic and personal opinion (neither of which are fact.)

I mean, I'm sorry that the only anime you've seen is Dragon Ball or Pokemon, but like I said earlier, what you DON'T know about anime and it's pop-culture could just about fill the Grand Canyon.
NewGuyinTown
TheDarkLord wrote:
Rasm wrote:
Wow really why is this post stickied? A thread of this quality really shouldn't be stickied. People should learn to respect other people's tastes and keep their opinions to themselves.


Ever heard of freedom of speech? real people came up with it. No, not your paper figures (anime)

Any way, maybe this got stickied cuz it got a lot of replies? Its a bit different from the other posts, because every single topic on the anime board is based on 'What is your favorite anime?' or they just compare different animes.
Wait a sec, you guys probably cant read and weren't able to tell how many replies there were.

All anime is loosly the same. They involve a kiddy little game or something that goes out of hand then they try to achieve something.

Prove me wrong...


Look... I haven't watch a single movie for ~7 years especially any European/American ones. In my opinion, there is no good plot, boring, have too many sexual humors, and it's not even funny. I don't go attacking it on the movies section because I know it would spark anger in some people that DO like movies.

Ever heard of there are limits to freedom of speech (for Americans atleast)? Altruistic (to some degree) people came up with it. No, not intolerant, simple-minded people (you). They gave thoughts into designing the constitution unlike you right now.


Sure there are a lot of replies, but look at them. They are not positive replies.

Wait a sec, you probably cant tell who's your grandmother, an old lady or the gorilla smacking that familiar looking old lady across the face.



People wouldn't be offended if you use words such as "dislike", haven't call anime "nasty stuff" and "kiddy stuff," and was not so serious about what you said. Judging from your post, you intended to insult the people who liked it.


Instead of having this topic stickied, we should crucify (crucify - stick you to a cross) you because many of us want to punch you for being arrogant.

We do not need to prove you wrong. You're not us. We're not as simple-minded as you. That's how you see things. We're more of a sociologist than you ever be. Why are we better sociologists? First of all, we do not attack our subjects. Second, people with common sense think like this first: What if I do like anime? Would anime all be consider same? Will it look like boring, ugly pictures? Is it even entertainment?

How can we prove you wrong when you're so ignorant when listening to others? How can we prove you wrong when you're so arrogant? Can you teach a kid that is willing to point a gun at you if he/she doesn't understand? I'll give you an answer... You'll be dead before that happens. Not in a million years... not unless he/she changes his/her personality...

No one here can or have the ability to build a human atom by atom, so no one here can tell you why would anyone like anything...

In heaven's name, teach this guy common sense.
TheDarkLord
Tusk tusk tusk... You people this im from America? Oh that is just plain sad...

You kow what else is sad? You people give me exactly what I want. I mean, a few pathetic anime fans jumping up and down in their seats in anger? Who wouldn't get a few laughs?

Oh yeah and:

NewGuyinTown wrote:
you probably can't tell who's your grandmother


Are you on drugs or something? Or have you had a seizure from watching to much anime? I mean, that is the most pathetic insult I have ever recieved.

God... If you gave such a pathetic insult like that two thousand years ago, people would have stoned you to death. My advice would be, if you want to pursue a carreer insults or comedy, don't. Cool

The only thing I wouldnt be able to tell is which one of your family members the gorrilla is. Hey wait a sec, I think i see you in the bushes just where the gorrilla took a dump... wonder why ur there...

NewGuyinTown wrote:
Many of us want to punch you for being arrogant.


Aww isnt that cute? Are you gonna get out your little anime toy sword and do some anime moves on me? Or are gonna do wind tunnel on me? Ohh... keep your tetsaga away from me... Razz

ultraman wrote:
Now dayz the cartoons animation looks like my drawings in 1st grade!


God forbid we ever have to see those again... Crying or Very sad
NewGuyinTown
TheDarkLord wrote:
Tusk tusk tusk... You people this im from America? Oh that is just plain sad...

You kow what else is sad? You people give me exactly what I want. I mean, a few pathetic anime fans jumping up and down in their seats in anger? Who wouldn't get a few laughs?



When it comes from an arrogant person like you who do not want to see what other see, it ticks people off not because you bashing what we like. We don't care about what YOU think. The same you to us.

No I'm not saying you're a American. No matter what ethnic you're from, there will be limits to the freedom of speech. No constitution is created by kings and queens and all those of nobility just because they want to... It's from those who suffered from the lack of rights.

TheDarkLord wrote:

Oh yeah and:

NewGuyinTown wrote:
you probably can't tell who's your grandmother


Are you on drugs or something? Or have you had a seizure from watching to much anime? I mean, that is the most pathetic insult I have ever recieved.

God... If you gave such a pathetic insult like that two thousand years ago, people would have stoned you to death. My advice would be, if you want to pursue a carreer insults or comedy, don't. Cool

The only thing I wouldnt be able to tell is which one of your family members the gorrilla is. Hey wait a sec, I think i see you in the bushes just where the gorrilla took a dump... wonder why ur there...



It's more of a humor than a insult. It suppose to make the audience giggle, not to laugh their heads off. If you think it's an insult, I'm sorry that you're easily insulted. And plus, I only change what you wrote and turn "you guys" to you (ofcourse I can't expect much from a poorly educated person like you). You think you're funny, but there will be people that do think so (I certainly do not). You don't think I'm funny, but there will be people out there will think so.

PS. I'm not saying that your grandmother looks like a gorrilla. As I said many times already, you're not very intelligent yourself when you keep saying how stupid other people are. There is a bit of satire in it that if you know what satire means. You have to have a brain more than a little child to understand what these satiric jokes.

Oh wow poop jokes sound lame. Poop jokes is made by little elementary kids. Now I know how small your brain is... as inexperience [to knowledge] and immature as an 8-year old. Grow up. It's a natural thing among the lowest class. When you grow up, you'll learn to tolerate eatting poop and many more differences. I bet you'll die before growing up in the lowest class of society. There is always kid-self among all adults. You are showing it by your lame jokes (really lame that I do not feel one bit insulted... I just stare at you for being an idiot), but if you're not one yet... you got a lot of growing up to do.

(When my sister was really young, I always tell her she eats poop and she'll cry. Sorry, but your poop jokes only work with little children such as yourself.)

And the joke "You're mother is so ugly, that I can't tell if she's a gorilla or X" is old and childish. Reinforces the fact that you're immature.

And you know what, you probably don't care about what people thinks. You probably don't know that there are people suffering in this world and you probably think they deserve it too. You wouldn't even survive a day living in those poor conditions. There is no use in teaching a deaf person...


Get this straight. I am not proving to you that anime does not suck. I am telling you cannot prove what "sucks" and what doesn't. It's an opinion and you cannot go running around and saying that it's right. Same goes with what your vision of what anime is.



The moderators should close and "unstickied" this topic. There really shouldn't be hatre in forums. Prejudice and Racism are forbidden because it brings hatred and anger, am I right? Wouldn't this bring the same thing that prejudice and racism do?
Scaramanga
NewGuyinTown wrote:
Get this straight. I am not proving to you that anime does not suck. I am telling you cannot prove what "sucks" and what doesn't. It's an opinion and you cannot go running around and saying that it's right. Same goes with what your vision of what anime is.

That's it, end of thread. I don't think anything more needs to be said here. And EVERYONE needs to knock it off with the ad hominem attacks.
However...

NewGuyinTown wrote:
The moderators should close and "unstickied" this topic. There really shouldn't be hatre in forums. Prejudice and Racism are forbidden because it brings hatred and anger, am I right? Wouldn't this bring the same thing that prejudice and racism do?

Uhhh, you started off good, but now you shoot yourself in the foot? Look differing opinions are not the same as racism. Just because you don't like or agree with what TheDarkLord is saying, don't equate his OPINIONS with bigotry. Also, calling people names and attacking their character does NOTHING other than incite more vitriol. You're as guilty as he is of not letting this thread die.
Garnet
I don't know if we can really complain about the quality of this topic, we chose to post here even though a) the title says "does anime suck or what" and b) just look at that biased poll.... Of course if you post here you're going to get this sort of reaction.
TheDarkLord
NewGuyinTown: Did you forget to take your calm down pills today?
NewGuyinTown
Scaramanga wrote:

NewGuyinTown wrote:
The moderators should close and "unstickied" this topic. There really shouldn't be hatre in forums. Prejudice and Racism are forbidden because it brings hatred and anger, am I right? Wouldn't this bring the same thing that prejudice and racism do?

Uhhh, you started off good, but now you shoot yourself in the foot? Look differing opinions are not the same as racism. Just because you don't like or agree with what TheDarkLord is saying, don't equate his OPINIONS with bigotry. Also, calling people names and attacking their character does NOTHING other than incite more vitriol. You're as guilty as he is of not letting this thread die.


You're right. Smile Looking back at it, I did kill it there. All I was trying to say is this topic brings out the anger and hatred a prejudice and racism would. Didn't really say it's like it. I was really searching for an excuse to close the topic and unsticky this.

About I'm guilty of not letting this thread die... There will be another person try to attack DarkLord since this is stickied. It can't possibly die. I was expecting TheDarkLord say more stupid things after that post. There is nothing in my post you can strongly attack except the very end (for me at least... but it was me who posted it. So... Eh Well). Laughing


TheDarkLord wrote:

NewGuyinTown: Did you forget to take your calm down pills today?


I didn't cross any borders of emotions when posting this. How do you expect a person to write like when you're like, "omg... this guy is hopeless"? It's not written in angry side of me. I simply put some thoughts into before posting something I know that may insult someone (It is unlikely of me to insult anyone from the bottom of my heart.). I'm not some psycho that just do namecallings and say things without support. Without support, it's not a very strong argument. My philosophy doesn't seem very wrong. But then again, I'm not the brightest man in this world.

I can say, "Stupid! Stupid... Stupid! Wait... you're stupid." But that would make me look more lame than make a fool of you.

If you wrote that with intent to offend me... You're making a fool out of yourself.
If you just pointing out I'm nuts with innocence in your eyes and with a good side of you... Congrats. See we don't need to try to get on other people's nerve... Razz

But don't be offended in what I said in this post. I'm trying to point more things out.

Quote:

That's it, end of thread. I don't think anything more needs to be said here. And EVERYONE needs to knock it off with the ad hominem attacks.


And yes, end of thread. No more attacks.
Winterborne
I agree with you ultraman. American cartoons have been going downhill fast since I was a kid.

Anyway, I know the truth about anime. Sex sex sex.. It sells, get over it. *sigh* now that I'm through with that. I don't see any problem with them releasing their perverted desires in the cartoons. Japanese are more in tune with thier sexuality than most Americans. I admire them for it for the most part. Also, most Anime/Manga material is not ment for younger kids. That's why I enjoy it so much. It's like older kid's cartoons. Anyway... not arguing, not complaining, just simply stating my views. ^^
TheDarkLord
Ok this thread is dead.
TheDarkLord
*but anime still sucks!:d
mtorregiani
Anime really sucks, it has no sense for me
LeonSKennedy
Anime would be great if we could hear it in it's original Japanese form. But with the American voice actors who only care about their paycheck, it will always suck when it's translated. I can usually stand to watch it though, until they go all emo that is. I hate emo.
shadowmeld19
if you hate anime so much den dont bash people who like them...

you will feel the same if somebody says something bad to the "stuff" that you really like....

just respect their opinions...
aussiemars
hey, all you people grow up. Do you really care what someone who you will never see or hear from says. Give it a break and stop the hate. What a pointless post!
rhathar
Dear god, WHY is this sticky? I read through the entire thing in case a mod had posted a reason.. and there wasn't one... so, dear god, WHY!?

I understand the point of the 'maybe because it got so many replies and it's different from all the other bland topics' (paraphrased) comment, but if it gets replies it will stay on top by itself, right?

I don't even want to get into the basic level of maturity permeating through this thread... let's suffice to say there's a reason popular threads stay on top, unwanted threads die down and call it survival of the fittest, shall we?
Monkeydog
LeonSKennedy wrote:
But with the American voice actors who only care about their paycheck, it will always suck when it's translated.

Yes, of course thats it...all they want is their paycheck</sarcasm>

You do realise that most VC's don't even get paid enough to live on and usually have to hold down another job? They don't do it for the money, they usually do it because they're fans.

and anime in recent years have had fantastic dubbing jobs, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Cowboy Bebop, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, etc...
rhathar
Quote:
and anime in recent years have had fantastic dubbing jobs, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Cowboy Bebop, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, etc...


...Advent Children Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mantasx
YOU ARE CRAZY!! I love ANIME!! It's like my favourite drawing! Although I do agree that it's a little perverted. But I don't really care. I absolutely love anime!!
bercha
I love anime! but some of them are really nasty and stuff... I like some of them.
SpellcasterDX
Look, everyone has their own opinion. You may think anime sucks, but that's your opinion. Other people may think it's the best thing ever.
Just because you saw maybe one anime, and you thought it sucked, doesn't mean all animes suck. You may find one that appeals to you eventually. So, just respect other people's opinions and don't generalize and say 'anime sucks.'

One more thing, not all animes are 'perverted'. Yes, I admit some anime cartoons are perverted, but not all of them are. Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't peverted. Neither is Pokemon.
Code of Ruin
Why even bother with a discussion like this? It is really simple, either you like anime or you don't.
There is some stuff in between the thousands of other comics that I wouldn't exactly give to a kid (perverted) but there are plenty of anime things that aren't sickening and repugnant.
Just respect other peoples opinions and don't go yelling all anime is perverted. Anime readers don't go around yelling anyone that doesn't read anime is perverted.
dyrtyrice
TheDarkLord wrote:
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw wierd stuff to release their perverted desires.

When I told the people in my class that love anime the truth about it, (how it is before it gets edited) it was like telling little children the truth about Santa.

Anyway, anime is retarded and gives children seizures. Now a real cartoon is the Simpsons.

Bwahaha.



dumbass, japanese set the standard for animation around the world. You obviously know absolutely nothing about anime nor have you watched any good anime. Have you seen any Ghibli films? They blow disney out of the water.
dyrtyrice
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Look, everyone has their own opinion. You may think anime sucks, but that's your opinion. Other people may think it's the best thing ever.
Just because you saw maybe one anime, and you thought it sucked, doesn't mean all animes suck. You may find one that appeals to you eventually. So, just respect other people's opinions and don't generalize and say 'anime sucks.'

One more thing, not all animes are 'perverted'. Yes, I admit some anime cartoons are perverted, but not all of them are. Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't peverted. Neither is Pokemon.


Perverted? All you guys are talking about hentai, which is a form of adult anime. sigh....poor poor sheltered people.
VividGreen
anime was already a part of me and i'm proud of it, i've been into anime for more than 12 years now and still fascinated with it. sure there are some bad ones that indicates violence, hentai, yaoi etc. but c'mon it's just for entertainment and i see nothing wrong with it. what's wrong are the people who watch it and it's the people's choice to waitch it or not.

and as other people said, you shouldn't generalize anime. there are so many of them with different purposes, you can just pick the right one that suits your taste.

besides that, i think the artwork of anime are awesome compared to other artworks, and the storylines are good too. but as they said.. we can't please everybody since we all have differents tastes
sour_lemon_1k
dude...chill...you WENT to an anime forum, and you posted something like, "anime sucks"

What the hell is wrong with you?
mavahntooth
No... anime can really stir up your emotions and gives you encouragement. Cool
yeu9h1
I don't really love Anime, but how can you say it's suck??? Maybe it's your opinion, but most people still like it and enjoying it. I've been reading anime from Primary 3 till now, and there are some really GREAT stuffs, e.g. Doraemon Very Happy, Detective Conan and Yaiba.
Hammerfall288
people who dont like anime are just to lazy to read japanese subtitles >>*
belairbeach
Anime is like an art form that some people appreciate, and some don't. Then there are the people, like me, who just plain hate it(anime). It does not depict real life situations, their hair is pointy, and the plotlines are just plain stupid!
QrafTee
Yes... and American cartoons have real storylines... not really. Simpsons? (not hating, I like the series, but no storyline whatsoever) Family Guy? South Park? Futurama? Looney Tunes? (again, I love it, but no storyline)

Also, I have still yet to see a comic turned cartoon (like X-men, Batman) go ANYWHERE storyline wise. It's just one after the other of pure garbage aimed at little kids (sounds like Pokemon, eh?) The high point and low point of GOOD anime is that is eventually ends with something that wraps everything together (unless it was planned to be cancelled or something else).

You might understand it if... maybe you learn to speak Japanese? If you're talking about the dubs... don't even bother, I agree they suck.
shut up wrote:
It's about time somebody put a post about hating anime! I hate it hate it hate it! My psycotic friend likes it, my ex girlfriend likes it, I **** hate anime! Half the time you can't understand wtf they're saying, their grapics suck and the storyline is gay.Brick wall It's everywhere you look, in bookstores, on TV, **** theres even an anime club in my neighbor's school! I'm plain sick and tired of it all!


The truth is the Western side set the stages of animation in which anime was created upon. I like anime and all, but let's get the facts straight... setting the standards though, I haven't seen Ghibli, so you might be right about the standards.
dyrtyrice wrote:
dumbass, japanese set the standard for animation around the world. You obviously know absolutely nothing about anime nor have you watched any good anime. Have you seen any Ghibli films? They blow disney out of the water.
phozy
cool
Cthulhuman
I think this is retarded. That's like going into the games forum and saying do games suck. I can't believe that something like this got stickied. I think that "Thedarklord" (ohhhh) needs to get his ignorant mind out of educated consumers forums. I mean I guess to some extent anime might suck if all you've seen is the crap that they release on cartoon network. I do agree that most of the anime that they show in america sucks, but really it's all about the story line and what not. And dude the simpsons, come on that's like watching terrance and phillip. I mean it's a good show but it's stupid and the only reason why it gets so much praise is because it stupid humor and the typical ignorant american likes that kind of stuff. I think it's people like you that make other countries hate america. You need to open your mind and shut your mouth about other peoples' culture.
QrafTee
I am with you man, I have no idea why on earth this thread has been stickied because this is essentially a place for talking about Anime and Comics and a place to not hate on each other, but someone not only allows this thread to live, but stickies it as well so it stays on top.

I agree with you the CN quality anime does not do justice to their Japanese original counterparts (Naruto is dead scary on CN, good thing I don't have CN anymore) and Shaman King was dubbed into a mess of things (Have you heard of Ren in his dubbed persona? I mean ehem "Lenny." *vomits*)

Not hating on too many American animations, but comparing the amount of anime I've seen and the amount of cartoons (American Dad, Beavis and Butthead, Family Guy, Futurama, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, South Park, etc.) anime has the clear advantage in the form of storyline, but some cartoons trumps it in entertainment. I, myself, rather enjoy the Asian humors more than the American humors (like South Park which seems idiotic to me, but my friends love it).
Cthulhuman wrote:
I think this is retarded. That's like going into the games forum and saying do games suck. I can't believe that something like this got stickied. I think that "Thedarklord" (ohhhh) needs to get his ignorant mind out of educated consumers forums. I mean I guess to some extent anime might suck if all you've seen is the crap that they release on cartoon network. I do agree that most of the anime that they show in america sucks, but really it's all about the story line and what not. And dude the simpsons, come on that's like watching terrance and phillip. I mean it's a good show but it's stupid and the only reason why it gets so much praise is because it stupid humor and the typical ignorant american likes that kind of stuff. I think it's people like you that make other countries hate america. You need to open your mind and shut your mouth about other peoples' culture.
The_Gamer294
Inuyasha isnt that bad neither is Naruto, if that is classified as anime.They actually have some animation to them.

I really hate it when its just one thing moving slowly across the screen with the hair and crap. Then their mouth barely moves. That is the kind that sucks.

Then again.. what is anime but the Japanese Simpsons?
-C4-
I'm a little bit of a fan of anime, but I've kind of slowed down on watching it, all I watch now is Naruto, but I get fed up with people that believe anime is for kids when obviously there are animes that are for adults/teens. It's like would you see a programme like Naruto with blood shown at the times litte kids are normally on? There seems to be blood used in Naruto and basically I'd say, look theres blood in it so basically It can't really be for litte kids can it? It's just one of those things people think is childish.

Also how the new cartoons are being made it's really crap compare to the days of Top Cat, Tom and Jerry and even The Flintstones.

Yes these are not animes but they are cartoons which are mainly graphics, now it's all 3D and more colourful.
sugar-poo
what are you talking about!? Anime is ofcourse not art, it's animation that gives us entertainment. People work really hard on these, not for us to complain. They made it for use to have fun. Anime is not all prevert if you ask me. Only those H...... Anime contains those nudity.
cybernie
anime is great! it doesn't sucks nor even comes close to that word.....anime is made that way (bloody or pervert sometimes) because it is based on what entertains people...We also see movies with blood and nudity but we dont consider it pervert. Look, anime is made to suit people of all ages that's why you shouldn't expect an anime with only folwers and wacky characters but also with depth and adult themes...Another thing, if you don't like a 3 year old kid to watch bloody and perverted scenes, you should restrict that kid not to watch those animes with those kind of themes...
Jakob [JaWGames]
I have not readed/looked at very much anime but I think that some are pretty good and some are crap. Like most else things.
Sappho
TheDarkLord wrote:
And on a side note, you uneducated idiots, that picture ('troll' Exclamation ) is actually Voldemort from the Harry Potter series, which is a book. Of course, you idiots wouldnt know the meaning of a book, or a library, since you just watch stupid (thanks, Dora, for the insult!) cartoons on TV.


Lol, so you read a book, atleast one for sure and that makes you a better man that can come here and bash anime like there is no tomorrow, why are you doing it in the first place?

I really doubt that you saw any good anime which renders your arguments rather pointless and prove that you created this topic just couse you felt like its good time to start a flamewar.

Anyway let me tell you this, watching anime titled Serial Experiment Lain gave me more than reading Shakespeares bibliography, so books aren't everything. Going around saying that others are illiterate idiots just shows how close minded you are. No one forces you to like or dislike anything, and it would be great if you did the same. Rolling Eyes

One more question why is this topic stickied, do i smell a biased mod with an issue, i think maybe we should air the forum a little. Wink
cybernie
sappho,
KEEP IT ROCKIN DUDE!!!
Sappho
cybernie wrote:
sappho,
KEEP IT ROCKIN DUDE!!!


I am a girl but thanks. Wink
HoboPelican
Sappho wrote:
,...

One more question why is this topic stickied, do i smell a biased mod with an issue, i think maybe we should air the forum a little. Wink


Working on this. Hopefully, it will be taken care of shortly.
Nintendo
TheDarkLord wrote:
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw wierd stuff to release their perverted desires.

When I told the people in my class that love anime the truth about it, (how it is before it gets edited) it was like telling little children the truth about Santa.

Anyway, anime is retarded and gives children seizures. Now a real cartoon is the Simpsons.

Bwahaha.


erm, and the Simpsons ISNT retarded?
tidruG
I see no reason why this should be an official sticky any more. I suppose it was made official at a time when there were many threads sprouting up about whether anime sucks or not... since that's not the case anymore, I'm un-stickying this topic, and removing its "official" status.
Sappho
tidruG wrote:
I see no reason why this should be an official sticky any more. I suppose it was made official at a time when there were many threads sprouting up about whether anime sucks or not... since that's not the case anymore, I'm un-stickying this topic, and removing its "official" status.


Thanks, i didnt have the problem with "anime sucks" topic to be a sticky althou i did have a problem with the way this one was presented, full of blind disrespect and ridiculous mockery which only resulted in plain flamewar including users that indeed did have better things to do but felt the urge to atleast try and defend anime.

Thanks again. Wink

HoboPelican wrote:
Sappho wrote:
,...

One more question why is this topic stickied, do i smell a biased mod with an issue, i think maybe we should air the forum a little. Wink


Working on this. Hopefully, it will be taken care of shortly.


Thanks. Wink
Dragonfly-online
I cant believe you. OMG. Do you even know about the process of anime and how it is MANGA first, then edited and changed, and Manga itself is beautifully detailed well written storylines with amazin illustrations. You could never live up to anything as such.
reddishblue
shut up wrote:
It's about time somebody put a post about hating anime! I hate it hate it hate it! My psycotic friend likes it, my ex girlfriend likes it, I **** hate anime! Half the time you can't understand wtf they're saying, their grapics suck and the storyline is gay.Brick wall It's everywhere you look, in bookstores, on TV, **** theres even an anime club in my neighbor's school! I'm plain sick and tired of it all!


Shut up Mr. Shut Up and how would you know about anything other than 4Kids Dubs (Man i hate 4kids) listen just try to get that some like it OK
jooize
To all you guys who think anime suck:
Have you really checked out any quality anime? It sounds like you've just watched those animes meant just to fill out time for kids.
Check out AniDB.info and get some on the toplist.
I recommend Love Hina, Chobits, .hack//SIGN, Bleach, Naruto (at least to ep 120). Those are good animes. DON'T watch Daa! Daa! Daa! and those Wink

I like anime, and recommend it, but i definitely don't force you to like it Wink
ato784
Scaramanga wrote:
Please people, don't feed the troll. Very Happy


Lol, your avatar is perfect for what you just said
loremar
Helios wrote:
Anime is looking gay. I mean the drawings...

but actually I don't really care. IMO let it be if people like it.

I can't believe I lost respect for a moderator.

And to think of it we also have a frihost moderator named Ocalhoun who parades with his obsession for My Little Ponies... and it's not even anime.

Animes do not suck and they're not gay. Most of them actually have stories that's better than movie qualities.
busaboss
I absolutely agree. Anime is not gay and it will never be. There were a lot of animes wherein you can get useful and meaningful lessons that we should imply on our real life. Anime is not all about the fighting scenes. Each has a great story of their own. Everyone may have different interest but no one should insult the other because we should learn to respect.
ZapMon
yeah , when the english dub companies and the tv networks
CENSOR THE CRAP OUT OF IT by cutting out violence , sexual stuff
and etc!

Toonami they censored anime for a TV-Y7 rating.

i like the original japanese with subs or the UNCUT DVD versions.
Josso
I've never noticed that but I never watch dubs unless for specific bits where people are talking over each other. Dual audio and english subs are the best releases to get. Dubs are such a bad translation in comparison to good subs what the hell do they do.
amadasady
i am a player for game, if you also like, you can clik the following website, more excited enjoyable game welcome you to here
___________________________________________
like shopping when i have a good time

Buy Runescape Gold|Cheap Diablo 3 Gold|Cheap Guild Wars 2 Gold|RS Gold
Attor715
Anime is good. But this is only when you, yourself, find one that you really like.


And I whole-heartedly disagree with the statement, "Anime is just for kids" because it is in fact not. True, there are anime's for children but some are not. Also, to the people that really like children's shows such as: Dora, Spongebob Squarepants, My Little Pony (I have yet to see this), and Disney movies, then you can definitaly watch anime.


I've met people who complain that anime is for children and yet they've seen "FROZEN" over 5 times and "How To Train Your Dragon" over 10 times, (Don't get me wrong, I love those two) so you can most definitely watch anime.


Also for the people who said that anime has no storyline and yet shows like "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" do.... Go watch something "No Game No Life" or "Sword Art Online" Because those most definitely have a storyline!!

For the people that say every anime is perverted... While I do agree a lot are... Not all of them are. Watch a Studio Gibli movie. Then come back and complain.


Also why does everyone hate on each over here? It's a personal opinion! (I think I'm contradicting myself here somewhere but you probably get the idea....)
Habagat
TheDarkLord wrote:
Look, anime is not art. It is a bunch of retarded perverts that draw wierd stuff to release their perverted desires.

When I told the people in my class that love anime the truth about it, (how it is before it gets edited) it was like telling little children the truth about Santa.

Anyway, anime is retarded and gives children seizures. Now a real cartoon is the Simpsons.

Bwahaha.


Seriously dude? I'd choose anime over and over again against cartoons.
tonberry
The argument that anime is for children only shows the ignorance of people who say this stuff - because you have to be ignorant to make bold statements about something you should know you know nothing about.

The misconcention comes from the fact that animated pictures tends to have different set of roles in Japan vs the rest of the world. Children love animations and therefore in western culture kids are cartoon's main recipients. In Japan, drawing is considered a form of art and not just an entertainment for children.

There are animes and mangas with topics that would suit a 5-year old and there are some so deepy disturbing that serial killers seem more like the people in mind. There are complex thrillers, political animes, school, fantasy etc. There is so much of this stuff (especially today) that there are animes about almost any subject you can imagine.

But when someone from outside Japan sees a Japanese cartoon, the conclusion is obvious. Drawings = stuff for kids. Bravo Sherlock, you're at the top of your game.
Related topics
Interview: Derek Liu, Gaia Online Anime Community
Adobe Illustrator
Why PSP sucks...
Anime Absoloutly SUCKS.
What is ur favorite anime hentai :)
Pokemon!
why does Anime and Managa version so differnet?
Silent Hill the movie??
Der Vorleser by Bernhard Schlink
Does Anime SUCK?
Need help in marketing site~~~
Who here draws as a hobby?
HP warranty
Sid Meier's "Civilization" series
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Anime and Comics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.