FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do good dancing skills make a person more attractive?

Does good dancing make a person more attractive?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 166 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 44 ]
I don't really care
18%
 18%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 257

Garnet
I just read about a study where 12 women watched a variety of computerized stickmen one at a time. Each stickman had a different level and style of dancing skills, yet the stickmen themselves had exactly the same appearance. When the women picked out the stickman that was deemed most attractive, the stickman who was programmed to dance the best won.

For guys, a study was created where they tested to see if a woman who put that she could dance well in her pesonal ad in the newspaper would get more calls. The results said that if she did, she was almost doomed to not get any calls.

So what do you guys think? Are these studies just a bunch of BS, or does good dancing make a person more attractive?
Liu
I'd say it did for me.

I breakdance -- so whenever there's a dance, a group of us form a fatty circle and bust. We also get called on to do shows and such for events. I even got in a relationship with my now girlfriend because she noticed me while I was breakdancing at a dance.
Jack_Hammer
Though, I have to say even though I voted I don't care, I admit that a girl dancing (Well) looks incredibly good, and a lot of fun to watch.
Wink
lilrage
im not sure if it makes u more attractive but if u can dance u can get most ne woman....(in my case atleast)
Tumbleweed
I would imagine "dance" started the same for us as any other earth creature........and that seems to be for courtship purposes..... so does dancing make you more attractive.....well Yes
do you need a BS survey to tell you this.....erm No

Sounds like a good excuse for a rave though..... "honestly constable this is a scientific study man"
djcaution
a good dancer is definitely attractive. lol k this runs deep in the human nature guys, think about it almost on a primal/instinct level- someone who can move on the dancefloor is a telltale sign that a)they can move in bed b)they're fit, healthy, etc. and c)they can move in bed... its kind of in the same way that men find curvy hips attractive (I SAW THIS IN A SHOW ONCE) its cuz their primal instincts are saying hey-dem's child-bearin hips! and so on and so forth. In summary.. we're all just a bunch of horn-dogs, blinded by our so-thought purpose of existence being to breed...
thank you.. thank you.. *bow*
kazoe
yeah, even though i do not have an interest in dancing it does attract people, even people like me, heh. the eyes find moving people cute.
mschnell
Yes, every weekend at the bars/clubs in my campus towns the girls that can dance are always able to pick up guys. It's just so hot, what can you say? Maybe this is mean and very typical of a guy, but it takes the eyes off the face...lets them wander.
SunburnedCactus
However, dancing badly makes you look very unattractive/lame indeed. Beware!
Vrythramax
SunburnedCactus wrote:
However, dancing badly makes you look very unattractive/lame indeed. Beware!

Sooooo true. I don't know if being able to dance actually makes you any more or less attractive, but as was so eloquently pointed out by SunburnedCactus, doing it badly can make you look stupid. Personally I couldn't dance if you held a gun to my head, so I don't try. And since I married already, I don't have to learn either...so I guess my vote would have to that I don't care.

It's kinda like chrome on a motorcycle...."chrome won't get you home, but it will get the girls".
billingsniteowl
Women look great when dancing. Men look unco-ordinated, unless they are really good at it, and that just makes em look a bit fruity. That's just my opinion, not intended to make anyone mad.
SunburnedCactus
billingsniteowl wrote:
Women look great when dancing. Men look unco-ordinated, unless they are really good at it, and that just makes em look a bit fruity. That's just my opinion, not intended to make anyone mad.

I don't think breakdancing looks particularly fruity. Disco, on the other hand...
IceCameron
No.. doesnt make a single bit of differnce to me at all.
Nameless
Only while your dancing.
thiamshui
if u are good in dancing, u are bound to attract people.. it's really cool to see people who can dance professionally..
heady233
Garnet wrote:
I just read about a study where 12 women watched a variety of computerized stickmen one at a time. Each stickman had a different level and style of dancing skills, yet the stickmen themselves had exactly the same appearance. When the women picked out the stickman that was deemed most attractive, the stickman who was programmed to dance the best won.

For guys, a study was created where they tested to see if a woman who put that she could dance well in her pesonal ad in the newspaper would get more calls. The results said that if she did, she was almost doomed to not get any calls.

So what do you guys think? Are these studies just a bunch of BS, or does good dancing make a person more attractive?

I voted I don't really care because I don't really care about dancing.
lockwolf
I cant dance anyways so I hope girls dont go for good dancers!
Jack_Hammer
Lap dancing makes a person very attractive in my opinion.
Wink
Soulfire
I am a sophomore in high school, and all though the middle school dances I was the guy who just kinda stood against the wall. Finally I said "screw it" and I tried to dance, and I got SO many compliments on my dancing... including the dirty dancing, hehe... And it really just takes me about 20 minutes to get loosened up, if you will.

If I can dance, ANYONE can dance. Just move a little to the music, start off slow and work your way up.
sp0rtsaddict023
Yeh i think it does make a person more attractive because when you are watching that person dance it is in your natural instinct that they are more sexual and this especially important to teenagers because of hormones and such. =/
kimrei
Every time I see someone dancing extremely well I dońt notice nor care what they look like and normally would be happy to, for a while forgive them for the murder of kittens for fun.
The most beautiful thing I've ever seen was the look on a this one ballet dancers face after going into a sequence of spins accross a room with flawless form. I would probably have given up anything, kidneys, my eyes, a hand for her just after that moment.

Y'get it with other things too though

Jugglers
Ice skaters
Martial artists
Olympic hammer toss contestanst (terrifying normally, but then they stand in that little circle and their bodies move with sudden grace and precision that just comes out of nowhere, it's really breath taking)

But only if you're absolutely amazing.
OutlawSpirit
i think... yea, it looks more attractive if u see em dancin n they can do it properly...

bcos if they look like a fool... thats a real turn off for most people...
eku53ru
I think it might depend on the culture, actually, but in my opinion, being able to dance (well, for that matter) does send a message saying that you're fit and healthy, and thus more attractive.

And, well, there's always a group of people who think of the best for their significant others. The States alone is crawling with quite an overweight population.
[FuN]goku
try playing Dance Dance Revolution or In the Groove they are good dance games Very Happy
Liu
[FuN]goku wrote:
try playing Dance Dance Revolution or In the Groove they are good dance games Very Happy

I would think playing DDR would be more of a deterrent to picking up "maturer" girls.
dvdbergh
Men, women, children, nannies, grannies and especially children! They all look better when they're enjoying a little dance.

This old men with the smile on his face, the crowd going wild at the Love Parade, the little child wiggling his hips offbeat.

And for me personally: girls are so much more attractive when they do their dance. I've discussed this a lotta times with friends, they all agree.

Daniel

Did I mention animals yet?!
polarBear
If the only difference between three girls is how hot one of them looks like when she dances, I'd pick her. Otherwise, it's nothing I can possibly take into account when hunting Razz
indianinworld
In my personal opinion, Deninitely "NO".

Consider 10 worlds beautifull women who are blind but have beautiful eyes are taken to a place where people dance. People dance beautifully there. But these 10 women does not know what dance is and they will not really enjoy and fall for this.

Now consider these same 10 women, taken to a place where musicians are playing classical music. Now consider the reaction between the later and the former. I dont have to say.

Practically speaking, beauty is inside and not outside. Girls may fall for things like dance. But People at some time or part of their life understand things and life at a good point of view so they move on thier life very well.

Some understand it at the earliest. But some take their lifetime to do it.

Bye for now...

----
B.S.
immoralist
Yes, yes and thrice yes. I've DJed in clubs for many years now, a position that allows me to closely observe human interraction in a musical environment. Men who are attractive but too cool (or too inept) to dance are far more likely to go home alone than less attractive people who really go for it.

I don't think you necessarily have to be a really great dancer, just by enjoying yourself and being relaxed you become instantly more attractive. However, an ability to follow a rhythm does improve your chances further as it suggests someone who is sensually aware (and thus likely to be better in the sack).

Aside from the "display" aspect of dancing well, dancing with someone else is a very subtle form of communication full of flirtation and innuendo. Not for nothing is dancing known as the "vertical expression of horizontal desire".
SMCentral
yes of couse, my wife always does a litle dance for me which makes her look sexy, i think mainly men like a woman more the way they dance but womans like when men do something amzing
alja
absolutely, women are more atracted to man who dance and dance well, were I come from, dancing is something you learn when you are a teenager and the latin rythms are sensual and happy, dance is a wonderful excercise and is a A1 tool to get women even if you are "ugly" if you dance good you have them is like being funny, they all fall for funny and good dancers guys. And about women dancing I think too, is really disapointed when you try to dance with beautifull women but she is like a stick with out !sabor! with out rythm I would rather prefer a little chuby or less beutiful but good dancer.
hahame
if u dancing at the everytime, mamy eyes will follow you.and more things will happen to you, you will tire.
kam311
I think good dancing skills play a part, but as someone who used to be very shy (not a dancer), i learned that as a guy, girls appreciate the fact that you're willing to go out an dance, even if only to make a fool of yourself. I get a lot more looks when i'm dancing - even if it's only at a wedding. So sweet dance moves do seem to help. Of course, females who can dance can be VERY attractive Wink
storken
i think womans are more sexy when dancing (good) but if they dance like shit she does herself less attractive!

(bad spelling)
roadskid
Yeah I think dancing can certinly help u look better -- shape wise -- but that doesn't mean if u can't dance, or don't like it all together -- that u r in bad shape. There are all sorts of things u can do to burn fat -- sex, swimming, biking! Also living a low-stressed life Smile
roadskid
To be attractive -- pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm. Physical attractiveness is the perception of an individual as physically beautiful by other people.
It is a fact that dancing forms develop flexibility and coordination and encourages creativity and reduces tension.
In other words, u are never only attracted to someone for how they look. You are attracted to them because of their personality (if they r upbeat), your connection, and whatnot.
roadskid
Dance is ageless. You can be 2 or 92 and still enjoy dancing.
Anyone can dance. You don't need to be nimble or professionally trained to "listen to the music" and move.

Rayma Beal says about dancing, "It stretches and strengthens the muscles, lubricates the joints, and gets rid of tension."

Dance is good exercise!

Yes, dance, in almost all its forms, is excellent exercise.
XxPrinceValoxX
I wouldnt really care if my gf danced cuase i really dont dance cuase i dont see my self as a dancer
penguinslayer
ofcourse!!!! People who can dance doesnt really have to try that hard to score..........
kimrei
Quote:
Consider 10 worlds beautifull women who are blind but have beautiful eyes are taken to a place where people dance. People dance beautifully there. But these 10 women does not know what dance is and they will not really enjoy and fall for this.

music, dancing and the arts are ways to display the beauty inside. It has to be expressed somehow or it would never be seen to exist.

PS. The blind analogy is kind of pointless, visual stimuli aren't for the blind so we shouldn't really include blind people in a discussion about the effects of seeing something.
NoRemorseMusic
I know that at our school the guys tend to look at the girls that dance, and then the ones that dont and you can suddenly see a difference between who is more appealing.

I would much rather be danceing with a girl then watching from the side with one.
Nisk
Wink I think yes because if a person knows how to dance, they are comfortable within their body, they have more confidence and they dont mess up their hair every minute trying to look good for a girl, because they are nervous. Lucky gits! Mad
hobbes
I dont dance because I'm a loner, but my sister says she loves it when guys know how to dance.
eml298
I would say that, from an evolutionary perspective, dancing likely mimics sexual movements (at least in many popular styles). Therefore, it is not surprising that people are attracted to people who dance well. The analogy draws something like this: if he/she can move well on the dance floor, he/she likely moves well in other contexts as well. And, let's face it, the better the movement, the better likelihood of successful genetic reproduction. Perhaps this is more intellectualized than necessary, but I still say it works.
Alein_Atryda_III
I came to a club alone and met my friend who came there with 2 girls. I did dance, even tough I'm not really too good at it.

I left with those two girls, my friend came back home alone.

But no, dancing doesn't make one more attractive xD
skank
i think it does. when you see someone really, really physically appealing "dancing" like they can't control their limbs, it's not fun to look at. but if you see someone who isn't as eyecatching but can dance, you'll probably keep watching them. at least, i would.
Ray Gravin
I have never been capable of dancing, but I have always felt that it would meke me a more attractive person. I just feel so silly when I try to dance. I can almost do it for like 10 seconds before the embarisment becomes to much to handle. I can slow dance but anyone can do that really. I definatly think that it makes a person more attractive. I mean come on its like a mating ritual or something right?
Jaiye
Although I've never been a good dancer, when a girl is out there dancing, even if it's just playing around and not that great, the point that she's self-confident to go out there in the first place makes we want to go out and dance with her even if I know I'll look like a fool. We usually end up having a good time.

Swing dancing rocks.
Twikki
To be Perfectly honest, I think that it depends what kind of dancing,but Dancing, for me, doesn't find anyone mroe attractive
chunoslav
Sure that dancing is good, butnormal dancing
I dont like gay-like dances
For example I would never ask girl for dance becouse I like to drink much so i would probably puke...
Shin
Ye, I think so. I think people who dances will get more attention than people who don't.
It's a strange thing I observed, the longer you look at someone the prettier s/he look, Of course provided s/he isn't ugly. I didn't find Britney Spear attractive the first time I saw her. But I kept seeing her everywhere (mag, tv, etc). Now I think she is cute and attractive.

And if you look at the history and even now, almost all the culture in the world have some form of dancing involved. People just like watching people dancing. That's the fact! Smile
cjtucker
djcaution wrote:
someone who can move on the dancefloor is a telltale sign that a)they can move in bed b)they're fit, healthy, etc. and c)they can move in bed...

I think you're on to something there, dj. Seeing someone dance well means they're not only aware of their body, but also comfortable moving it around. Wink

And about the woman's personal ad that states she's a good dancer... I think she would get fewer responses because most men would feel intimidated. That's a separate issue altogether. The question is about attraction, not response or follow-through.
fecophobia
My girlfriend is an amazing dancer but I was in love with her before i ever saw her dance.
shadedflame
djcaution wrote:
a good dancer is definitely attractive. lol k this runs deep in the human nature guys, think about it almost on a primal/instinct level- someone who can move on the dancefloor is a telltale sign that a)they can move in bed b)they're fit, healthy, etc. and c)they can move in bed... its kind of in the same way that men find curvy hips attractive (I SAW THIS IN A SHOW ONCE) its cuz their primal instincts are saying hey-dem's child-bearin hips! and so on and so forth. In summary.. we're all just a bunch of horn-dogs, blinded by our so-thought purpose of existence being to breed...
thank you.. thank you.. *bow*

Oh my god...its soo truue! DEM CHILD BEARING HIPS indeed....but really the aim in modern day society isn't really to concieve,Wink that usually ends with "OH NOES! MY LIFE IS OVER!" ....nuff said
tony
SMCentral wrote:
yes of couse, my wife always does a litle dance for me which makes her look sexy, i think mainly men like a woman more the way they dance but womans like when men do something amzing

this is very true. i also like it when women dance. hehe.
idrather_not
I definately think that the ability to dance makes a man MUCH more attractive, even if all they know how to do is the chicken dance.

C'mon.
The chicken dance is very sexy.
EmperorBrandon
Crying or Very sad
I can't dance for beens. I'm doomed to loneliness.
johncasey
there's nothing like have a good dancing partner. but then again....there's nothing like have a really BAD dancing partner either.....
kimrei
if you're waving your arms about and jumping around there's a good chance you'll get noticed.

And once you're noticed if the noticing was worthwhile...
juninho_14
hey.. im not so good dancing .. well, actually im a crap dancing.. but i just do it for fun.. looooll

take a look

http://videolog.tv/sorindo

lol.. thats meeeeeee

[]s
xoxmeholly
Dancing of course matters a lot to social high schoolers. I mean, when you're at the dances its no fun to just sit there and watch everyone else have such fun and dance. You want to get in there too. If you don't, I suspect that you're just anti-social. I even went to the extremes as to dance on crutches, and It's a good thing I did, since I met my boyfriend when I was dancing. Does this say anything? And I would not be his girlfriend if he had not come to the dance, and danced with me. I would've never met him if not for the dance.
DarthSilus
i definetely think dancing is good
i definetely think dancing is good Embarassed

dancers are elegant
relevant_grace
I meant to vote, but I decided that it required too much effort. On a serious note, I'm not sure that dancing can actually make someone more attractive. I mean, yeah, sure, he can dance, but if he's a jerk, he can boogie on down the road...
bluefossil
i saw a documentary once on how animals mate... and dancing is part of the mating rituals, so yes, know how to dance do make you more attractive.
Jacqueline
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Lap dancing makes a person very attractive in my opinion.
Wink

LOL!!

I love to dance, so I like it when others can dance.
And sometimes I appriciate the one who can sit still...hehe.
zplitstonez
greetings to all of you....talking about dancing? i don't really care about dancing, and i don't wan't to know how to dance....for me dancing is an art, because it is an expression of there personality, culture, religion, their feelings and some things i can't define anymore....

there are a lot of people that loves to dance...i'm not one of them, for me dancing makes me feel embarrassed, sad to say... But it's allright....

I am not a dancer, but i admire dancers, because their body moves swiftly and softly, i think they have a healthy body....

for those who love dancing, keep practicing, practice, practice, practice... and please be careful when you are practicing....learn from the mistakes of others.

King solomon said that fools learn in his own mistakes, but a wiseman learns from the mistakes of others.....

bye for now... Thank you
dezavelbank
i don't think that it makes you more attractive, if you love somebody you love him/her for the way they are and not if they're a good dancer or not Very Happy
muffinman
But you might like them more because of thier dance skills. I think being able to dance will make some difference, especially for guys, because not many can do it skillfully and it will set you a level higer than the rest. It takes a lot of practice, time and effort, and eventually it'll pay back.
ralphbefree
Does Dancing make you more attractive?
Attraction seems to me is the "chemistry" between two people. So the only person that this question really matters to is the girl/guy you saw at the club friday night. Wink
But it my humble opinion music is the language of the universe, and a person that can move thier body in motion with the timing of the music is full on speaking the language. Now depending on the musical piece and your movements - This Being KEY! - will dictate what you are trying to say. My suggestion would be to take salsa or tango lessons if you would like to explore the musical realm of sexual attraction.
peace.love.dance.recycle.smiles/ralph
stinky321
I really dont care but yeah i think its sth i havent met yet. Haven`t got to choose between a dancing girl and not dancing 1. So my oppinion atm would be, no or don`t care -_-.
mstreet
I think it is always a good thing to know how to dance somehow.
I do find it quite cool when there are a bunch of people on the dance floor who know how to dance.
kfmpunx
alcohol helps so much more i mean lets face it who cares if she can dance when your pissed, often you dont even care if she looks good, beer goggles dont exist its just your standards that fall, when im pissed i can see, how fat she is but i just dont care anymore
splitunion
I think that the ability to dance is an extremely attractive quality in someone you know but I don't think it makes the person themself anymore attractive if they are strangers.
pjv
I think yes it does but not until you see the dance steps. It can make or break. So a good dancer can definitely add points.
anilsarwal
Dancing brings out the joyfulness of the soul and the music in one's heart. It helps one to express his/her inmost feelings artistically and aesthetically.

However, western dancing at times borders on the vulgar and profane. Let us keep dancing to express what is exalted, lofty and divine. Let us not make it the tool to satisfy our carnal desires in public!
bryntwr
Yes i agree, a girl with good movment and preatty defenately draws attention , if you cant dance , you dont dance and you end up sitting on your own all bored! Sad
LaT1n
i'd Say yes, depens of the danse too, but most of the time, you gatherin the attention of other when you danse well, so more eyes to see you more possibilityes.
my opinion
CamiBor
it makes people more attractive because it's a good sport so if you dance a lot it makes you a good shape, like any other sport.
MuroX
Well it all depends on how you look at it personally I dont think dancing makes a person more attractive, what I think is how a person acts, thinks and looks on how attractive they are. Dancing is just a talent that some posses like singing but what makes a singer good??? The way they look the way they act and the words that come out of their mouth (lyrics)
ethan182
does it matter?
Jayfarer
To most people, yes. It's just an essential thing that people do. Not to me though, not a big fan of dancing, and I find that to be a huge hurdle. Your friends will want to go to clubs, or dance at concerts, and you'll be the awkward one no one likes that has to fold their arms and watch.
sugarbox
DANCE!!
Women in my hometown who are good at dancing, especially in their night life, are called 'RAT'...(means the behavior that try to show their sex appeals). Embarassed
sketteksalfa
geez i dont know how to dance. i honestly hate it. Mad
Bookface
indianinworld wrote:
In my personal opinion, Deninitely "NO".

Now consider these same 10 women, taken to a place where musicians are playing classical music. Now consider the reaction between the later and the former. I dont have to say.

Practically speaking, beauty is inside and not outside. Girls may fall for things like dance. But People at some time or part of their life understand things and life at a good point of view so they move on thier life very well.

What the hell are you talking about? That doesn't say anything about whether dancing is attractive or not. Those women will also not find the Mona Lisa appealing, nor anything else they cannot experience. What about the ten most beautiful women in the world who are deaf (but have beautiful ears)?

But why are you looking at the exception rather than the rule, anyway? We aren't saying it's the only thing, we asking even whether it's the most important thing; all we are talking about is whether good dancing is attractive.

I think being able to move confidentally is the most important thing, whether dancing or otherwise. Dancing is at one level a way to show off your goods, but also it's joyful for most people; it release endorphins (like all exercise) and soothes you and gives you a feeling of community with those around you and lets you express yourself.

I know I have a good time, but I doubt I look very good... but I'm mostly dancing for the sake of females. Do many males actually really like to dance, if girls aren't involved?
joopc
good dancing can be very atractive, although some things are more atractive then dancing.
adepss1
If you dance or not, I don't think it makes a huge difference.
I mean if you're with someone and you can relax enough to catch the rythm and beat of the music you'll often find that your partner doesnt care if you're the best dancer on the floor or not, just the fact that the two of you are enjoying a physical moment together is enough.

On the other hnd if you're trying to pickup and are dancing alone, then being a pretty good dancer can attract some attention to you.
Being a really lowsy dancer when alone can also put a damper on meeting someone unless you are funny enough to make people laugh when you do it.

But to be really attractive....first get in shape and look like you're having fun when you dance!..
Btw..people that dance A LOT...look really in fantastic shape.
vnieto
I don't like dance and never present a problem to me.
whplace
Actually it does. The dance changes ones personality making him/her more unique, gentle, atttractive.......... Smile

Iam planning on going for danc classes......... I start in a months time. I love salsa and western style..........

whplace
driftingfe3s
If a girl is into dancing, then of couse she will find the guy who dances better more attractive (given they their looks are about equal).

For a guy, girls who can dance is just sexy, end of story.
conicon
I think dancing is a weed out kind of sign that the opposite sex like to have fun. I think it kind of works as a gateway to other things that are understood as being fun and are associated with dancing. For example, if you go to a bar to dance, they have alcohol, alcohol leads to more fun once you leave the bar after you are done dancing and drinking and want to do other things. Dancing also may imply that the person is in shape and has a lot of energy. Being in shape and having a lot of energy may also be good for the after party. Also the men who are looking for women maybe looking for women who want to have a good time, sometimes that implies a happy ending with no strings attached and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway I personally cannot dance but I do try. I notice that the more I try to have a good time the more I do have a good time, even though I cannot dance well I have a better time than when I do not, even if its just for the entertainment (or embarassment) of my friends.
marioflory
I just wanted to state that I always LOVE the way actors dance in the movies. They really try to do something special. I mean there was Pulp Fiction. And lots of people still do the Uma Thurman finger-in-front-of-the-head sort of dance. I bet you know what I mean. And it is like that in a lot of other movies. Isn't it?
valkyrie-heavens
I dont think dancing makes someone more attractive. I think it has more to do with talent. People like people who are talented. Almost like "oh he plays soccer, I like him", or another example when i guy trys to impress a girl by showing off his soccer skills.. yeah i know i really like soccer.
aka2103
Dancing has nothing to do with a person's attractiveness. I know PLENTY of gorgeous chicks that suck at dancing and conversely know plenty of ASS UGLY HO'S that could have beat Tyler Banks in the MTV Dance competition show a couple years ago.
psihich
I guess that dancing make people attractive since I love to watch those (especially latino) dancers (females of course Razz)
windrei
maybe, i am learning dance too. Although i do not dance very good, my body shape is much better than any guys of my age. They are getting fatter and fatter~~~ after reading your post, i think i should train harder.
Dean_The_Great
I go to a Music Theatre Performance school, and I've been involved with theatre my entire life. Dancing is definitely attractive. I'm talking dancers. Watching a girl do ballet or jazz, even hip hop... Yeah, definitely attractive. As a race, (and I believe someone may have eluded to this in an earlier post), we are attracted to those who will be able to give us babies. And moving of the hips, and the flexibility of the legs and core are all very very related to sex.

Being a dancer myself, this translates nicely in dance situations. The ability to catch a girl's eye across the room, and dance your way over to them and then engaging in a physical conversation in a room too loud for speech... it's a very interesting experience. And incredibly sexy.
ebkari
yes, dancing makes someone sexy because it makes the audience aware that they're aware of their body. human form, in some sense or another, is the initial attraction between two people (assuming they see each other before they speak). so if someone is a good dancer, they know how to move their body in ways that complement the way they look.

especially nowadays with all those r&b/rap videos convincing girls it's okay to "shake it like a salt shaker."

it's not.
spelbound
Personally I think good dancing means alot when it comes to attractiveness. I visit a Salsa Club here in Toronto, and when the Salsa dancing is hot, its hard to look away.

I heard that Salsa dancing was concieved to make the girl look good. The guy leads the girl in a series of moves, to make her feel and look good. Salsa is amazing. I am not much of a fan of the music, but the moves are awesome.
nskaushik
Well ..a person being attractive i feel is quite boosted by dancing skills. because of the sole reason that dancing needs grace poise and strength..vich are primary qualities for a person being attractive..morover traditional dance makes a persons face more comfortabvle with expressions and limbs more graceful in movement..Smile
DarkJedi323
I don't like dancing. The main reason is that I can't. Crying or Very sad But i agree with those who said that "Dancing makes women sexier". But that dancing women should dance very well, otherwise sexier turns to disaster. Smile
Misty
I LOVE dancing, it's one of my life-time passions!
I find guys who can dance incredibly sexy.
girls - out of all the girls I've met who dances, the majority of them are good-looking. Plus dancing makes you fit and your personality is more outgoing which makes the person more attractive Smile
Sizzle
Of course good dancing makes us all more attactive. Dancing is like making love standing up! The original post here mentions the study showed that women like men that can dance but if a woman mentions she likes to dance in an ad that she may not get any calls. The reason for that may be because most men don't like to go to a nightclub with their woman. I mean why bring sand to the beach right? Not only that but if the woman likes to go out dancing and says so out front, does that mean the the boyfriend needs to take her to a nightclub a lot?

Personally I can tell you that when I was single I went to nightclubs to dance and meet ladies about 4 nights out of the week but since I got married (almost 10 years now) I've taken wife out dancing twice. She doesn't ask to go to nightclubs but she can dance very well (she's spanish); we just kinda ended up at these clubs without planning really.

Sizzle!
mugglesquop
i couldnt dance to save my life... my gf enjoys dancing tho, so i get dragged in sometimes... Confused lol... i dont think it makes anyone more attractive if they can dance... but if there is dancing there is usually music, and if there is music then its all good.

Peace, i need a fag.
mugglesquop
i couldnt dance to save my life... my gf enjoys dancing tho, so i get dragged in sometimes... Confused lol... i dont think it makes anyone more attractive if they can dance... but if there is dancing there is usually music, and if there is music then its all good.

Peace, i need a fag.
mkultra
i've spent my fair share off time in nightclubs and would have to say yes.

i say this for a few reasons....

1. a beautfiul person with sexy moves is always going to look good

2. i think it has something to do with hypnotic gyrating that can distract your attention from what may not necessarily your cup of tea

having said that, i'd still look twice at a good looking girl even if she was conturting her body ala ellaine in that seinfeld Razz hot it hot after all

mkultra
benstewart
Garnet wrote:
When the women picked out the stickman that was deemed most attractive, the stickman who was programmed to dance the best won.

So where can u find the "stickman dance champion" dance moves?

.....could be useful Wink
lisa33144
I think dancing can make someone look a lot more attractive, but if someone doesn't really enjoy dancing then the dance skills of someone who dances well probably aren't going to appeal to them.
aaron.sarwal
Hello guys Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation STOP, Wink ,
common FACTS that i'd like the reader to pay attention to:
1) dancing is NOT a set of a few steps it an be anything....for eg some people jig while dancing that shows that they enjoy cooking....
2) dancing is a way to express feeling. for eg BHANGRA (indian punjabi dance) clealy displays the ocasion.. it is actually the farmers dancin in joy as they have finally harvested their crop..
And that is exactly wahat i mean hen i say dancing Exclamation Wink
aaron.sarwal
AND I AGREE WITH lisa33144 Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
taurus_just4u
A caller, usually working with a group of live musicians, guides new and experienced dancers alike through a variety of dances.

A dancer and his or her partner dance a series of figures, or moves, with each other and with another couple for a short time. They then repeat the same figures with another couple, and so on. The figures are similar to those of old-time square dancing. The figures are combined in different ways for each different dance.

The caller teaches each dance before it is actually done to the music. This gives everyone an idea of what to expect so the movements can be easily executed. The caller leads the dances while they are being done to music, so dancers are able to perform each movement to the music. Once the dancers appear to have mastered a particular dance, the caller may stop calling, leaving the dancers to enjoy the movement with music alone.

People of all ages and lifestyles, including children, are welcome. Contra dances are a place where people from many walks of life come together to dance and socialize. Dancers often go out to a restaurant after the dance, have a potluck before or during the dance, or hang out with musicians in jam sessions and song circles.

Children as young as seven can participate in adult dancing; your mileage may vary. As long as parents are responsible for keeping non-dancing children out of harm's way, everyone will enjoy everyone else's presence.

Some groups sponsor family dances. These are dances designed for participation by the whole family. In addition to dancing, the leader of a family dance might also initiate other activities such as games and singing, and singing games, and dances with singing.

First-time dancers will likely find experienced dancers extremely friendly and helpful. If this does not seem to be the case, talk to the dance organizers. They need to know! Or, depending on your location, you could find another dance group.

An evening that includes contra dancing might be called a Contra Dance, an Old-Time Contra Dance, an Old-Time Country Dance, a Barn Dance, or similar. Most contra dance events will include a few dances of other kinds: traditional squares, waltz, polka, swing and other types of couple dance.

At most dance events in North America, we dance with a different partner for each dance, although dates who attend together and significant others might dance with each other more than once.

This is [insert current year here]. Women can ask men to dance. At a contra dance this is certainly true and has been for some time. It might be just as common as men asking women, or more so. Women will sometimes dance with women, and men will sometimes dance with men. In general, especially for the men, this happens only when a gender imbalance exists in the hall (men tend to be real chicken about dancing with other men otherwise).

The above notwithstanding, it is a good idea at some point to dance the opposite role. It's a real eye-opener! Be warned, however, that you'll need extra alertness and concentration.

Contra dancers make eye contact whenever possible. This adds to the connectedness of the dance, and helps reduce dizziness, especially during the swing. It is also uncomfortable for some. Don't let anyone tell you that you must make eye contact, but give it a try even if it's a little uncomfortable. Expand your comfort zone. You might get used to it and even like it. Remember: they're gazing into your eyes not because they love you but because they want to make the connection, and they don't want to throw up on you.
Spe_eddy
I think that a girl is slightly more attractive if she can dance, but it doesn;t really matter to me, quite a lot of really good dancers are kind of show-offs (well i think). I can dance myself, but i think girls are attractive if they dance (doesnt matter good or bad - exceot really really bad, but not many girls cant dance!) i think a lot more boys cant dance, especially at a lower age, but as you get older and leave school, they just choose not to go to social events where there is dancing.
adamfleming10
Id say that if your not a good dancer than dont dance! If your an ok dancer then women wont pay much attention to it, but if your really bad then they will notice it and it will just repel women!
CrestedLova
I dont know if I was attracted to him but when a friend of mine who REALLY knew how to dance, danced i couldn't take my eyes off him
skiffwang
I like to watch people dancing, from hiphop to standard dance. Especially watching hiphop is a great fun. You can't help shaking your body with them...
LukeakaDanish
Haha...I hope it doesnt make too big a difference with most girls...being just about the most perfetic dancer ever... Very Happy

Also, personally i dont give a damn whether or not a girl can dance...in fact, if shes an amazing dancer, that will probably scare me from trying to get close to her, because of my own poor dancing skills...
Aredon
Dancing does seem to stur interest. I'm not exactly sure what causes it, but it is very possibly related to sex, as you said, in some way. Seeing as how most of our social activities have underlieng sexual intentions. You could also look at it from a romantic standpoint, if you can both dance you have one more thing that you can do together, which is always good to build relationships.
Angelgirl
Dancing is so Fun!!!

For a person that likes to dance themself I think that the dancing part is important Smile Dancing gives you alot of exercise in a funny way. Much better than just walking, doing sit-ups or so on.

To all the guys out there, learn to dance Wink
That can really impress a girl good!

For excample with swing (that I dance) the girl don't have to know much to dance, if the boy is good. So learn to dance and take your girl out on the floor Wink
nubster
I think that someone dancing should be considered good or bad. If they are having fun, and aren't pretentious or self-concious, then they are going to be attractive. The worst is when somebody is so self concious about how they dance that they ruin what could potentially be good dancing. Just let loose.
polit
I think it does really matter. When flat-mate's girlfriend dumped him, she complaint many things, for example she missed go dancing often because she has always been fancy salsa and latin-american dances. She said that is very important for nearly every woman she know to go out (ok, it's not a surprise). Without social life every romance go wrong, and dancing is the most populous way of entertaintment - and it's cheaper than a cinema or theatre Smile
lukeropro
I don't really think that dancing makes a person more attractive but yes, dancing makes you look cool and good and everything but all that matters is the inner you: your personality and everything. Many people nowadays always want to be cool in everything that they do which is absolutely absurd and ridiculous as there is more to life than being cool and everything. But I must admit, dancing IS cool Very Happy
frankanon
A good dancer is always more attractive to women as he directly gets in contact with feelings.

Women like to be seduced ans desired.

If a man accepts to engage himself, not only verbally, but with his whole body in order to attempt a seductive approach, this validates his envy towards the lady, and in a certain sense, the sincerity of his own feelings.

Would you play the fool for a girl that isn't worth of it ?
willstefan
I will say yes, because dance, is an art, and what is more nicer than artistic person....dance can be really nice art, because it can be, energetic and romantic, so it can seduce you...that is big+, if you ask me Smile
ladyrobina
Garnet wrote:

Yes, I think a person who is prepared to get up and dance is definitely more attractive/interesting, even if they aren't brilliant dancers.

There is nothing more boring than people who just want to sit at a function instead of getting up and joining in the fun.
Idoru
Well, ofcourse first impressions often are related to the body, and often that is the only thing intressting at that occation. Dancing gives you a wink of bodycontrolle, and for that suggestion a clue of 'what to come'.

On the other hand, if that's not what your looking for, or dancing not an interest of you, why bother?

Nemu Salta Sobris Embarassed
alucid_dream
Absolutly!

I can watch someone dance all night - even if they are not *real* good - as long as they are *real* into it and not worrying about what they look like.

Of course, the better they are the more fun it is!

Mojo
darth_pyro
If a guy that I'm just looking at is good at dancing, that's nice, but if I'm really interested in him, it makes him less attractive. I feel this way because I can't dance, and someone around me who can dance, and wants me to dance with him, makes me feel very intimidated. Especially if he really likes to dance, since I really don't like to dance, if he asks me to dance, I would feel bad telling him no, but I don't like to dance so I tell him anyway that I don't like to dance. It just makes things very uncomfortable for me any time there is music playing!
bjwok
well, my ex was a dance instructor (ballroom, latin, modern etc) and when we first met i was cautious of her becoming too close to her collegues (they spend all day in each others arms).

after falling heavily in love with her and having the raddest 6 months of my life, she went ahead and did the unthinkable.

so i think good dancing skills deter from the attractive-ness of someone, but then I am biased.

read how it all went down:

http://www.bjwok.frih.net/

archives --> 2004 ---> december

scroll down to december 8, the day my girl cheeated on me Sad
milkmandan
i voted yes, just because i think if i saw the same girl in two different situations (ie. dancing, or sitting at a table with friends) that i'm more likely to notice her if she's dancing. i remember hearing somewhere that sex is like dancing, and that the way a person dances is similar to the way they do it. if they're dancing stiff and rigid they're less likely to be good in bed. what do you guys think?
LA Ridge
I think it depends on whether they know their own body rhythm or not. I have seen incredibly heavy people dance before they look pretty good. Most men do not have any idea how their body rhythm works.
essentialmedia
From a male point of view a girl that dances well is very attractive and even a little bit tittilating. From a womans point of view they enjoy men who can actually hold their own on the dance floor and not make fools out of themselves. While it is not a make or break skill it is always helpful to be able to you know "cut a rug" because the better you can do that the more likely you can do some other VERY physical activities.
postrander
Being a bad dancer can lead to the ladies running. Not dancing doesn't attract them. I would rather look for other ways to attract them rather than having them turned off already
cveloso
dancing makes a person look sexy. attractive and aggresive. i think good dancer is a good lover! Laughing Laughing Laughing
mak_27
Garnet wrote:

Well I got a personal example which depicts that dancing made someone more attractive to the point that now he is married to a woman he met at a dancing school. she fell in love with him just because he was dancing. Isnt it amazing?
markbt
I Voted that i dont really care!!! A girl is attractive for her looks and her personality. Yeah watching girls dancing i pretty cool but i dont fink it makes them more attractive!!!
thpn
Depends on the kind of person you are trying to impress and how you are dancing. If you are trying to impress a person who attends balls and likes to practice dancing then yes it most likley will. But, if you try to impress her with some retarded brake-dancing then she/he will most likley run away from you. Also, if they do not like to dance or are not a great dancer, they won't be impressed no matter how elegant your 'moves' are.
nexusads
hell yeah. ive never met a good dancer to which i responded 'their good dancing really turns me off'. its like everything you know. if you do it well your more likely to attract more attention. if only I was a good dancer Sad hmmmmm i think i compensate that with my drunken karaoke talent Wink
sour_lemon_1k
DUH NO!!!

just because someone can't move doesn't mean they're not attractive.

How would you like it if someone judged you by the way you played softball? or basketball? it's the same thing!

don't judge someone on their abilities; that's just stupid.

judge their heart, and you will find love Wink
Marionette
I think that the attraction to dancing, in part, comes from the display of skill. To show that you have a high level of skill in anything at all will attract people to you. My point is supported by the high number of crushes people get on teachers.

Of course there is also the argument of the kawai factor. Cuteness often adds an endearing element to a person. Someone who cannot dance in a skilled way to music but can do a cute jig when they finish a videogame can find themselves attracting partners.

But in the end all attraction comes from your preferences doesnt it?
adiutrix
No way, if a girl is attractive, I don't care how she dances as long as she is fun to be with.
710ths
I don't really know but what I can say is that recently I took up Strictly Ballroom Dancing with my girlfriend and its great! For those of you outside the UK its from a tv programme where celebs compete at ballroom dancing with a professional dancer. Before you think old celebs..no way these are top professional athletes, England cricket players and top chefs.

Anyway myself and girlfriend are having great fun and lots of other people in their mid twenties at the classes. Being able to glide around the room with grace and posture plus some latin dancing is fantastic. And you wouldnt believe how phisical it can be.

Do I think it makes you more attractive?, probably yes.
lamaldad
I think this question can be answered in two ways.

Trying to put it in context, would you really change your mind dating a girl if she is a good or bad dancer? Probably not. You will always choose the girl with whom you have more chemistry and makes you smile.

On the other hand, trying to be as literal as possible about the question, does good dancing makes a person look more atractive? Definitely yes!
Picture this: you take your date out to dance, and you find out he/she has some great moves. Has that happenned to you? Doesn't that make you drool?

So, the answer to me is: yes! And this comes from a terrible dancer Smile

(of course there are some dancers that make you laugh, and that can be attractive too...)
redhawk1044
I think that you have to look at this from two perspectives.

First, you need to look at it from the perspective of a woman dancing.
For example when a woman is dancing very seductivly every guy in the place is going to look their way while their could be a hundred other women that are hotter than they are in the joint.

The other perspective is if the guy is dancing. I imagine that if a guy is trying to dance seductivly people are going to think that he is homosexual. So its possible that he could look more attractive to other dudes in that respect.
udaykamboj
Garnet wrote:

Yeah I'd say that better skills such as dancing might attract some more attention!
arandurah
Well out from these test it migth seem that dancing makes one more attractive, and i must admit that a nice looking female makes a better aproach dancing. Well im a terrrible dancer and i hate to admit this. Dancing makes you more attractive.
magal
i'm a really bad dancer. i think is because of that i dont care about dance ¬¬
Scimus
Even though the stick men were dancing, and one won. It is most likely that they chose the one that seemed to perform best. Nothing as superficial as dancing, cosmetics, looks, hair, etc, can really make a person look attractive.

Dancing is a skill that maybe appreciated, and some may think those who dance are attractive..........that is all again depending on the person.
This draws us to the basic question, do a good majority think that those who dance are attractive..............Hmm.............Still NO.
raver
BS... BS... BS..
ok i don't have the time needed to read all 5 pages so here goes my opinion, i don't know if someone said this before but here i go:
Women don't need to dance well. You can be the ugliest girl in the world, you would still find someone to pick you up. Those are the rules of our society, the guys pick up the girls. You girls don't have to do anything, except wait your turn. Ofcourse the better you look like, the better you dance, your chances increase, but without those qualities it doesn't mean you won't get it Wink
On the other hand, we guys really need to dance well. It is one of the easiest ways to stand out from the crowd. For me dancing is like broadcasting mating signals. You dance good, girls notice you. You don't dance and sit in a corner all night, well... you could still get lucky at 4 in the morning when all the chicks are drunk but i woudn't put my money on it Smile

And also, let's not forget about the benefits dancing has on your health Cool
Gieter
It probably makes a person more attractive, but I don't make a big deal about it. There are lots of other things that can make you attractive, like: hairstyle, eyes, shape of your body, smiling, ... I also think that the character can make someone more attractive, at least that's so in my case (I find some people ugly because I hate them.)
raver
Gieter wrote:
It probably makes a person more attractive, but I don't make a big deal about it. There are lots of other things that can make you attractive, like: hairstyle, eyes, shape of your body, smiling, ... I also think that the character can make someone more attractive, at least that's so in my case (I find some people ugly because I hate them.)

yeah sure... so when you're in a night club you pick up girls by their personality, right? Very Happy
And ofcourse that there are other factors involved like hairstyles, shape of body etc,.... but this topic is about dancing, and if it matters or not. My honest opinion is that it does matter. Every species on this planet has a mating dance. Why should we be different? Cool
Gieter
raver wrote:
Gieter wrote:

yeah sure... so when you're in a night club you pick up girls by their personality, right? Very Happy
And ofcourse that there are other factors involved like hairstyles, shape of body etc,.... but this topic is about dancing, and if it matters or not. My honest opinion is that it does matter. Every species on this planet has a mating dance. Why should we be different? Cool

No, what I'm saying: dancing isn't the only thing that can make someone beautiful. I gave some examples, and personality was one of them. Does it matters: yes. Does it matters a lot: you shouldn't exaggerate it. You'll need more than dancing to love someone. It may be a topic about dancing, that should not prevent me from putting things in the right context.
Hogwarts
To tell the truth - I could not care less if they could dance. It doesn't matter to me if they could dance better or not. I'd prefer them to be nice then to dance good. Actually if there were two people EXACTLY the same in personality, look and such and 1 could dance good and the other could not I would choose the one who was not the best dancer because if they couldn't dance good, they would not expect me to dance as good as them.
raver
Gieter wrote:
raver wrote:
Gieter wrote:

No, what I'm saying: dancing isn't the only thing that can make someone beautiful. I gave some examples, and personality was one of them. Does it matters: yes. Does it matters a lot: you shouldn't exaggerate it. You'll need more than dancing to love someone. It may be a topic about dancing, that should not prevent me from putting things in the right context.

And i agree with you. The thing is this: the dating world is a very strange one, meaning that you need to have lots and lots things working for you.
And this topic is about dating, first dates actually, not about love. This topic has nothing to do with love.
This topic is about whether or not dancing has a major role in making you more attractive, therefore more likely to pick up a girl/guy. Let's say that you are out in a club, and you know how to dance real well. Right next to you is a guy who looks better then you, but dances like crap.
Almost 90% of the girls (if you were to conduct a survey) would pick you instead of him.
Dancing well also means you are good in bed, and also that (don't laugh) you are more fertile than the other guy (ofcourse on a subconscious level, i saw this on a documentary on the Discovery channel).
The moral of the story.... you dance well, you stand out of a crowd.
And also, i can't quite imagine why would someone not want to dance, or in case they don't know how, why they are not trying to learn.
You can't do anything evil by dancing (except if you've seen that episode from South Park where Butters was a tap dancer, and at the national finals his shoe camed off and killed a lot of people), you are only improving yourself.
(P.S. the moral of the story doesn't apply to americans...(you guys are just..don't say it.. ... but i want to... no, you'll get banned...ok...)... after all women are from venus and men are from mars in your country... not like us europeans who are just from Earth Very Happy)
Huubske
Good dancing skills are very important if you don't want to break your neck. It's healthy if you have completely control over your body.
Gieter
raver wrote:
Gieter wrote:
raver wrote:
Gieter wrote:

And i agree with you. The thing is this: the dating world is a very strange one, meaning that you need to have lots and lots things working for you.
And this topic is about dating, first dates actually, not about love. This topic has nothing to do with love.
This topic is about whether or not dancing has a major role in making you more attractive, therefore more likely to pick up a girl/guy. Let's say that you are out in a club, and you know how to dance real well. Right next to you is a guy who looks better then you, but dances like crap.
Almost 90% of the girls (if you were to conduct a survey) would pick you instead of him.
Dancing well also means you are good in bed, and also that (don't laugh) you are more fertile than the other guy (ofcourse on a subconscious level, i saw this on a documentary on the Discovery channel).
And also, i can't quite imagine why would someone not want to dance, or in case they don't know how, why they are not trying to learn.
You can't do anything evil by dancing (except if you've seen that episode from South Park where Butters was a tap dancer, and at the national finals his shoe camed off and killed a lot of people), you are only improving yourself.
(P.S. the moral of the story doesn't apply to americans...(you guys are just..don't say it.. ... but i want to... no, you'll get banned...ok...)... after all women are from venus and men are from mars in your country... not like us europeans who are just from Earth Very Happy)

OK, didn't know that this topic was about dating, haven't read it somewhere. Calm down, I always dance when I'm on a party... No problem with me.

PS: please PM me the thing you wanted to say about Americans. Wink
mang
Yse . I think it is .
raver
Gieter wrote:
raver wrote:
Gieter wrote:
raver wrote:
Gieter wrote:

OK, didn't know that this topic was about dating, haven't read it somewhere. Calm down, I always dance when I'm on a party... No problem with me.

PS: please PM me the thing you wanted to say about Americans. Wink

well it isn't about dating per se, but between the lines... what is the point of beeing attractive if not to try and get dates Very Happy
And i am a very calm person Wink
sush
Obviously, Dancing makes people look impressive (provided they dance well Laughing). Where I'm from (India) there are hundreds of folk dances that young girls learn right from age five.

Western dance (as it is popularly known here) is much more popular in Indian Urbania than any other form of dance. Bollywood is setting a nice example with the myriad films that release every week!

Many of my friends are dancers with the SDIPA troupe (Shiamak Davar fame). Dance shows are hosted in all parts of the world from Australia to Central Mongolia Twisted Evil

Popular folk dance forms include (i'm gonna mess them up by trying to spell them in english)
* Kucchipudi
* BharatNatyam
* Dandiya Laughing
* Odissi
* Kathakali
* Bhangra
* Koliwada

Salsa, anyone?
KayosGraphix
For women yes, but i dont think it does for men, unless thier gay of course lol. But thats my opinion. Smile
Tony The Tiger
Personally, I can respond on several levels. As a single 40 year old man, I was a good R&B and hip hop dancer in my 20s. It did not do me that much good. However, now in a return to my Latin roots, I am attempting to learn the latin dances (Salsa, Cha Cha, Merengue, Bachatta). In Chicago, the places I dance are learning environments. 80% of the people who dance freely dance with the singles and most singles dance only a song or two and look for another partner who may have a different skill set. Sometimes people hook up and dance as a couple. In a trip to South Florida, I did not always find the same learning environments although Cafe Iguana was fairly similar.

Personally, I am fairly novice at Latin Dance. I have only been learning since November. Recently, I met the most beautiful women who I have ever called a friend. Although she may be too short to be a model, she is so incredibly beautiful that she should be a playboy bunny or something. We like to dance together. However, because so many expert dancers dance at the places I dance, I think I am keeping her from learning by monopolizing her. I think if I were a better dancer, I would feel like I could monopolize her without holding her back. Alternatively, if I were so beautiful, that I was her counterpart I would feel that way. I consider myself quite sexy, but not beautiful in the same way that she is. I think if I were a better dancer, I would feel more inner beauty in the dance environment and thus feel like I should be monopolizing her. Does this make sense for this topic.

I do not judge women on their dancing ability, but do like athletic women. Most athletic women are coordinated and many have dance backgrounds. As an aside, I think a stripper with good rythm would probably make more money over the long haul.
sweetpepsi86
I think it depends on the person. From talking to my friends, it seems that in general, most find that it is more attractive if a guy has good dancing skills. However at least one of my friends couldn't care less about it.
I know that I find it more attractive if a guy can dance though.
Although, I should clarify---there is a certain type of dancing that we find more attractive. That is---ballroom, swing, salsa...
You know, like that movie Strictly Ballroom? *Sigh* that guy is sooo attractive, and definitely the dancing has to do with that. And then there's Gene Kelly. Amazing. I find this sort of dancing sooo romantic and attractive.
Although, I would be happy with a guy who is simply willing to learn if he doesn't know how. I am somehow right away not very interested in a guy who refuses to dance because he is "too cool" or whatever.

So that's what I think.
filmeroz
From my point of view dancing can be helpful but it can also be kinda tricky. Dancong does not make u more or less attracive (so i admit the statement in the topic subject) but it can also say a few things about yourself. It can make, if u want, a description of what kind of person you are. An energic dancing makes you an energic person, a cool and relaxed dancing makes you a self confindent person, with a good self esteem and so on. In general i admit that dancing creates an first or second image about the person. So wath your steps on the dance floor Smile

Al
skygaia
I'm sure it makes you more attractive but it is just one of many talents of people.

I think it is not only dancing but also good singing, playing to look attractive.
Actually, I really want to be a good dancer ^^
MrBlockeel
yes offcourse,
but a girl who's dancing really silly is nice too,
it's cute

and mostly easy to seduice :p
bercha
Absolutely!

for me, i think girls who dance are more attractive. I don't really know how to describe it but the way they dance makes them look pretty... don't know why i had this thought... Cool

Some guys think they're cool when they dance but actually they don't even know how to. They like to show off, that's why.
dovbear
dancing is cool
filet
yes, dancing do make certain people attractive.with the right figure of course. but generally those with fine skills in dancing certainly wow you and wish you could dance like that and might a bit made you find that person an attractive person coz of his/her ability.
adam.eickhoff
I think that most people are mediocre at dancing; therefore most people's dancing will not affect their "apperance". Although if you are really bad/good you may or may not impose a bad/good impression on somebody.
refes
yes:) if u can dance u are more attractive:) but some people can't do it... so am i:/ i have some problems with my leg:/ i'am able to swim, walk a lot, bike, but i can' jump:/ so i can't dance:/ sorry....;P
mantasx
If a person is good at anything it's atractive (fizical)
danito
Garnet wrote:

I guess guys are way to scared of girls that can dance, because every other guy is gonna be trying to pick her up if they go out.
Sabz
Nah I don't quite get girls who think guys who can dance are more attractive. If anything guys who can dance really well don't fit in with the image I have of my favourite type of guys. I like tough and masculine guys who are at the same time well educated and mature, and although they enjoy going out, they are not the biggest party animals Embarassed
creede
no because its better to look like an idiot than dance good.
Caesar_
if a girl knows how to dance... depends of the type of dance... but in the club for example... when you see a girl with hot moves... she is attactive... very attractive i would say... i haven't appreciate so much how my school mate looked (even tough she looks great...) until i saw her dance... she had some moves i couldn't resist... i simply found her very attactive...

and... dancing is great... in a relationship dancing would be one of the best things you should do... to be in each other arms... floating on the ritm of the song... it's just great...
techlab
if you know to dance it give you more hope for everything.
Diddyman
I really don't think so, as when I dance I think I am dancing really well, but you always get people mainly female come and tell me that I look like a chicken being chased around the farmyard. Always starts the conversation off for me.
Doesn't always work but works quite often..
So remember Guys .. Do the funky Chicken Laughing
benreid
OK - so how come if you are gay you are:
1: Able to dance better?
2: Better dresser?
benreid
Yes ok it does make you more sexy. Girls who can dance - yessir! Boys - you betcha. But what is the best dance to make you more attractive?
vivianameerun
For sure!!!!!
yenbin
Garnet wrote:

of course!
i like dancing girl!
asforoneday
I think there's really no "good" way to dance unless it's choreographed, sadly enough..
nazty
Definitely!

There are at least two dance that would make you attractive...

1. Breakdance!!! OMG! Take me home! Or I'll take you home! After your breakdance, let's have a "break".

2. Waltz thingie. Steps one must take in a Junior-Senior Prom or to one's debut. It's a disaster if you step on your partner's foot. A turn off.
MrBaseball34
I used to frequent a local C&W dance club in Austin and used this line on a girl once. Worked like a charm...

I had noticed her on the dance floor and smiled at her when she went by a couple of times. When she exited the floor, I went over to where she was standing and asked to buy her a drink. She accepted and we began talking.

She asked me what I did and I told her I was a doctoral student at the University of Texas. My field was psychology and I was writing my disertation on the correlation between being a good dancer and a good bed partner and said she was a very good dancer.

Well I found out later that evening that my theory was definately correct!!!
Bmucha
Yes, definitely. I cannot dance for the life of me, but still enjoy doing it sooo much, even with the risk of looking ridiculous. But I'm trying to make up with enthusiasm and it does work Smile occasionally Smile

And a girl moving to the beat in the right way is a feast for the eyes.
dpsthree
Knowing that a girl I like can dance is a bit intimidating. Im probably one of the worst dancers ever. My dancing scares children and small animals into hiding. I kid you not
internetjobs
no...no... it is not like that...

but i am willing that is very small amount...
not full....
em0o
definitely. A unique skill is attractive just like intelligence, imagination...whatever.
multypersonality
too bad that i just CANT dance T___T
cvkien
well, i think different peoples with different taste and it depends on what kind of dance. anyway for me, i don't care. if a person is romantic, i think he or she would like romantic kind of dance and for hiphop people, i think they will be attracted by someone who knows hiphop dance better than others dance... and attractive is not limited to dance only but there are many kinds of personality that would attracted peoples or some others skills that would make you attractive. and i think it is better if you have the talent in the skills. if you don't have the talent, no matter how hard you pratice, you will always had a limit that you cannot get a higher level of the skills. so if you wanna become attractive, find your talent in some skills and you are on the way!!
benjmd
All you people who can't dance. TAKE A LESSON!!

You can always get lessons in things like swing, salsa, waltz, etc. With the faster ones (swing and salsa), as you get more comfortable with them, you just move to music better and look better just when dancing in a club, etc.

Besides it's a great workout. And beginner lessons are for beginners - you don't have to have a lick of experience.
BigRog
good dancing skills doesnt make you look attractive. you could be a great dancer but lack hygene. no one wants to be wiht you if you arent hygenic. seriously if you can dance you better be able to shower too
mialynavahy
yes, i think, a man who is a great ballroom dancer is very attractive, mambo, cha cha, salsa...wow
arjay
I was trying to avoid this thread but I guess it will be a good contribution if I share some modest notes. Cool

Any good skill is definitely an advantage and makes one more attractive. The degree of attraction will then vary with the interest of the other party. There are people who like to dance as a hobby, an interest, a form of exercise, etc.. But, there are also people that dance to attract others most particularly the opposite sex; while, there are also others who dance for a living. Smile

I am into performing arts and dancing is our major contribution to the industry. For my part time job, I am a member of a young all-male professional dance group having regular stints with local prime time television shows. It was a hobby in the beginning until one day I just found myself signing contract with a dance company. Smile

I would say that I will be a hypocrite if I will say that dancing does not make a person attractive. Indeed it does, more than any non-entertainment person would know. But for real performers, being attractive becomes secondary. What is more important is how you excel in your craft and how you can improve more your art. Applause and good remarks about your performance will always make you feel better – more than admirations. Dancing

And to add twist to the topic, do you know that in performing arts like dancing, what will concern you more than the attraction, is the nuisance fanaticism that goes with it? I have ‘broken’ my limbs so may times, not due to my break-dancing, but by the unruly crowd that you will always encounter in your every performance. So, instead of looking for more attraction, just take extra care a little bit when you are in this craft. Razz
baronblod2007
Well, if a girl is good to dance, ehh, it does not make them less attractive Laughing
In the class over mine, there looottss of gorgeous chicks!..
Many of them goes to dancing classes, and seeing how much they can bend Shocked Very Happy
Chicks who can dance...Great!
Tony The Tiger
I guess I do not believe that good dancing skills make one more attractive. two weeks ago my favorite woman in the world was in town. I tried to convince her to go out with me to dinner. I have become a very good salsa dancer since we have last met and I did not even express my interest in taking her out to be swept off her feet. I guess that may have been a mistake, but it must mean I do not really believe dancing skills are that important subconsciously.
benjmd
Dancing is fun! And it is sexual too! It is also something that makes people self-conscious. Being willing to dance shows both self-confidence, how fun you are, and can help you bond with someone. You don't have to be great at it - if you're not very good then take a class or have someone offer you guidance.

And as a guy, I mean come on - watching a woman move rhythmically... is... well. You see where I'm going. So have a little fun and partake in the music and the beat.
tingkagol
Garnet wrote:

that's exactly the same with other contests, say, american idol. some ugly guy can win, but it doesn't mean the ones who voted want to have sex with him. pure competition.
leppard
I can't dance, but find it very attractive to watch. But if a girl had it in her profile that she did ballet, I would be very impressed. If she does other dancing that will involve me dancing. I'll be very afraid
Edas
I think dancing is a weed out kind of sign that the opposite sex like to have fun. I think it kind of works as a gateway to other things that are understood as being fun and are associated with dancing. For example, if you go to a bar to dance, they have alcohol, alcohol leads to more fun once you leave the bar after you are done dancing and drinking and want to do other things. Dancing also may imply that the person is in shape and has a lot of energy. Being in shape and having a lot of energy may also be good for the after party. Also the men who are looking for women maybe looking for women who want to have a good time, sometimes that implies a happy ending with no strings attached and sometimes it doesn't.
schumway
implies they are in shape and healthy and outgoing.

I dont know... a woman grooving to the tunes on the dance floor or some woman hunched over the bar having a cigarette with half the ashes falling in her warm beer... hmmm...

only problem is... the dancers are more attractive but then they expect you to do the same when I am happier being the one slouched over the bar watching the tube and glancing at the chicks on the dance floor once in awhile
shamy
I don't think so ....
starfish2007
I love dancing but i do not think itmaks a diference in the reall world. I think in reall life people have alot of other things to go on thenjusthow well somone dances + just because somone dances well does not meen there agood person.
pinkpeople
I don't really care if a girl can dance. I would be nice because she could learn me dance! And it is great to watch a sexy girl dance but it isn't really important!
abitam
I can say that I'd definitely find a dancing girl attractive.
blue77
Yes for me in appropriate situation. It's unconfortable if you go out with someone and he is making crazy moves on the dance floor.
bigdan
I'm as ugly as a mules butt and dance like a dork yet chicks seem to find it funny and/or attractive. Very Happy
crimson_aria
I personally think that a person who dances well is attractive.
supjapscrapper
being a good dancer, signals out to everubody that you are confortable with yourself and with your body. Plus it shows how much fun you are and catches any girls attention. Plus if it is about dances like salsa, merengue or the close dancing styles, where there is close body contact, you get physical contact with the girl, this s already flirting, so if the chemistry works, and the girl feels good about being close to you, you've almost got her. However you can signal while dancing how open you are to be with her, and this has nothing to do with how close you get together, rather the intensive eye contact, the type of smile or no smile, the way your hands go all over her body and the energy you communicate to her. I've seen some guys dance really good salsa with gorgeous looking girls in clubs, but for the girl it was like just a 6 minute long sports exercise. Plus these guys probably dance with ten girls in one evening, they really have fun dancing and it is not only a mean of dating girls. On the other hand, I am not a very good salsa dancer (just my 3 steps) and if I dance with a woman or a girl, they keep smiling at me and making body contact and the boy-friends get angry, sometimes come to get their woman back.
satyamy
Garnet wrote:

Yes as my Point of View
Dancing Makes a Person more attractive
no only attractive but more beautiful & healthy also
It not just dancing but an Exercise just like Yoga
So its good to have a dance
greenwoodmonkey
I dance like a chicken and make no effort to improve...

I have moment (especially when I have had a few beers) where I pull off a move that even I am impressed with, but they are few and far between...

I know I am NOT a sexy dancer...

BUT if good dancing wasn't such a powerful attractor to the opposite sex :

1: Strip / Lapdance / Go-Go Bars would be out of business
2 : Micheal Flately would be single (I can see no other reason why a women would go with him!)

I think when a women with (and I hate the expressions but it seems to be what the "kids" are saying) "JUNK IN HER TRUNK" "SHAKES HER BOOTIE" it can be incredibly sexy... and VERY hypnotic if pulled off right...
andy26
i think its a yes.
XxeroxX
dancing is a sport that makes a person look mad sexy. lol i agree with the person above me in saying how if you know how to dance, people will love you to death. i mean, my girlfriend says that my talent for dance is "unexplained" but she still says that it makes me look sexy.

Razz
henkez
Maybe i dont really know.. i think so.. I dont rember if my girlfriend dance or not but i sexi Wink
Wakefield
I think dance is about confidence and inhibitions. That's where the underlying attraction lies, or doesn't lie. To danc well, you have to forget the eyes of others and kind of just let yourself go, be yourself and express yourself as you see fit. Some do it gracefully. Some don't. Although those who do it well are certainly more attractive, I think it's sexy either way - people being comfortale and confident with who they are.

By the way, the best lovers in my experience have, in fact, been good dancers. Absolutely no inhibitions and all sorts of "dance-like" moves. Now, if I could only figure out how to dance myself...
Mr_CEO
In my personal opinion, I don't really care.

Some understand it at the earliest. But some take their lifetime to do it.

Bye for now...
wise
I think that girl would look better if they knew how to dance. it suits them
nisharani
OH YES it does

It keeps you fit and fine. and looks more sexy when girls knows how to dance.
And its actually very good exercise if you can keep up doing everyday for half hour at least.
I lost 10kgs in 2 months. I used to go out to disco every weekend after work. finally it paid me off with fab health and figure.

xxx
Ducksteina
My girlfriend is an excelent dancer and YES - it's very attractive!
Too bad I can't dance at all...
LukeZone
If it is about dances like salsa, merengue or the close dancing styles, where there is close body contact, you get physical contact with the girl, this s already flirting, so if the chemistry works, and the girl feels good about being close to you, you've almost got her. However you can signal while dancing how open you are to be with her, and this has nothing to do with how close you get together, rather the intensive eye contact, the type of smile or no smile, the way your hands go all over her body and the energy you communicate to her. I've seen some guys dance really good salsa with gorgeous looking girls in clubs, but for the girl it was like just a 6 minute long sports exercise. Plus these guys probably dance with ten girls in one evening, they really have fun dancing and it is not only a mean of dating girls. On the other hand, I am not a very good salsa dancer (just my 3 steps) and if I dance with a woman or a girl, they keep smiling at me and making body contact and the boy-friends get angry, sometimes come to get their woman back.