FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Greetings.

timpoff

Hi everybody.

I'm a newby to personal websites, and will probably have quite a few questions along the way.

I am looking for a place to display a website covering some of my interests -Photography, Hiking and the nerdly study of cartography.

In the last 3 years, I have hiked about 90 percent of the front-range to the west of Colorado Springs and have developed a real passion for this magnificent piece of the Rocky Mountains. I am currently working on making an in-depth photographic study of the Tenney Peaks, and would like to eventually offer photographic essays of all of the mountains of Colorado.

I would like to hear from anyone who enjoys similar interests, especially hiking. I would like to plan a hiking vacation in the next year, and am looking to travel anywhere in the Western US. I hope to hear from anyone who could reccommend a beautiful place.
coolclay
I love hiking and camping too, I have only hiked in the Northeastern US however. I have hiked in PA, MD, and ME. My biggest hike was about 25 miles, when I climbed Mt. Katahdin (the highest point in Maine) in one day. I have also hiked parts of the AT (Appalachian Trail) and hopefully someday I'll get the time and $ to hike the entire AT, but we'll see. Good luck with your website it sounds cool.
Blaster
Where have you hiked in PA? I like to hike and camp too. Its fun as could be. I actually like trail riding my mountian bike rather. Its just fun being out doors. Being in nature with no showers, and sitting by a campfire. Its a great hobby. We camp when we ride quads up at tctri. Its very fun adn we sit around the fire at nite and well pretty much act stupid. We talk and rost marshmellows then go to sleep and wait to ride again the next day.
dayue
sounds very interesting. But I have no such experience. I'm living in Singapore. The place is small. Can't hiking only if go overseas.....
timpoff
coolclay wrote:
I love hiking and camping too, I have only hiked in the Northeastern US however. I have hiked in PA, MD, and ME. My biggest hike was about 25 miles, when I climbed Mt. Katahdin (the highest point in Maine) in one day. I have also hiked parts of the AT (Appalachian Trail) and hopefully someday I'll get the time and $ to hike the entire AT, but we'll see. Good luck with your website it sounds cool.

You are lucky to live in an area with such spectacular scenery (especially in the Fall). I've always wanted to hike the Appalachian trail, maybe someday. Unfortunately I've only driven through Maine and Pennsylvania while on a tight time-schedule, I feel disappointment at such a missed opportunity.

If I had life to live over again, I'd dedicate it to hiking the entire planet. In lieu of that, I'll explore the Colorado ranges with whatever time I'm granted.

I looked up the Katahdin Range on Summit Post http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/170999/katahdin-group.html, it looks like you had a hell of a trip! Do you know what the base elevation of this mountain group is?

Thanks for your reply, I look forward to hearing about your hiking adventures.
timpoff
dayue wrote:
sounds very interesting. But I have no such experience. I'm living in Singapore. The place is small. Can't hiking only if go overseas.....

True, Singapore doesnt appear to offer much open-spaces. Malasia is close-by, have you ever travelled there to visit the countryside? Mount Kinbalu might be an interesting adventure - http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/6293/
Are there any interesting places in SE Asia that you have visited?
ladyrobina
timpoff wrote:

Hi everybody.

I'm a newby to personal websites, and will probably have quite a few questions along the way.

I am looking for a place to display a website covering some of my interests -Photography, Hiking and the nerdly study of cartography.

In the last 3 years, I have hiked about 90 percent of the front-range to the west of Colorado Springs and have developed a real passion for this magnificent piece of the Rocky Mountains. I am currently working on making an in-depth photographic study of the Tenney Peaks, and would like to eventually offer photographic essays of all of the mountains of Colorado.

I would like to hear from anyone who enjoys similar interests, especially hiking. I would like to plan a hiking vacation in the next year, and am looking to travel anywhere in the Western US. I hope to hear from anyone who could reccommend a beautiful place.

Camping is great here in Aus. So many terrific places to go and not too cold in the coastal areas, even in winter.
If you get over here, don't miss Frazer Is off the Queensland coast.
timpoff
I'va always wanted to tour Australia, I doubt that I'll have the funds anytime soon enough to fulfill that wish. I am assuming that you live in Queensland, heres a photo of a mountain group called Beerwah that I found. Its a pretty shot:
I heard that there is "Singing-sand"() on Frazer, have you heard of or experienced this phenomenon?

Happy trails,
I.Timpoff