FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Migrating a phpNuke site

mephisto73
Hi I have a fully configured phpNuke site set up at another host, and I hope to migrate it here once I get accepted for an account, but I would prefer not to have to go through the whole setup and customization process again, so I'm looking for the easiest way to migrate the site. Any hints and suggestions? I'm a beginner when it comes to php so keep it simple. Smile

Thanks
Dragonfly
mephisto73 wrote:
Hi I have a fully configured phpNuke site set up at another host, and I hope to migrate it here once I get accepted for an account, but I would prefer not to have to go through the whole setup and customization process again, so I'm looking for the easiest way to migrate the site. Any hints and suggestions? I'm a beginner when it comes to php so keep it simple. Smile

Thanks

There is no much easy way, but it is not too complicated if you are aware of handling database, cpanel work.

Back up your files and folder including your database. After you download those files and folder zip it and upload at your new account here. And extract the zip file from Cpanel. This way your files and folders are kept in the new account. And thereafter, Create a database from Cpanel > MySQL. And to go phpMyAdmin and execute your backup database there.

Now, go to your configuration file in your php-nuke site and change the necessary path and database details. It should run smoothly as usual. It will not effect the templates whatsoever.

I hope this helps.

Try to reply again so that more experts can help you more.
mephisto73
Thank you it was really helpful. I was thinking along this line but was not sure.
mephisto73
How do I extract the zip file containing my site if im on server 2 and using PHP DirectAdmin?

Can't seem to find this option.
n0obie4life
mephisto73 wrote:
How do I extract the zip file containing my site if im on server 2 and using PHP DirectAdmin?

Can't seem to find this option.

You can't extract zip files on DA..only .tar.gz.