FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email forwarding

satheesh
Hi,

I had previously posted regarding the email forwarding from my webmail so that I can use the huge space provided by Gmail.

Some of the Frihosters had very much helped me out in this problem and am very thankful to them. But now I have come across another problem with my Webmail.

Although I can use the space provided by Gmail and eventhough all the mails coming to Webmail are forwaded to my Gmail, I am facing the problem of these mails in Webmail not getting deleted.

How can I set in my Webmail or Directadmin so that all these mails coming to the Webmail account are forwaded and then deleted automatically (now only forwading is happening). Can any Cronjob be set to delete the emails in all the inboxes daily. Can I use any Cronjob as I have the emails forwaded to my Gmail. Please advise....

Thanks and regards,
Satheesh
matt87
I am having the same problem as you but didn't think there is a way to do it. I have all my webmail emails forwarded to my gmail account because I don't like having to log in to so many accounts. Since I don't have a way to automatically delete all the messages after being forwarded I just go to my inbox once a week and delete all messages. Its kind of a hassle but not much to do. If you find a way to do it let me know.
Pikokola
Hey, i think it's no need to make the account in your webmail to make the forwarder, i only make the forwarder (naoki.akimoto@smansasolo-underground.frih.net) and actually that e-mail didn't exist Idea

the why didin't you delete the current e-mail that have the forwarder Very Happy

Oh yeah, i didn't get same problem as you, the e-mail is 100% forwarded, and the e-mail didin't saved in my e-mail (squireemial)
foggy
Pikokola's got it, that should work. An inbox doesn't need to exist for a forwarer to function.

Alco, moving to a more correct forum.
satheesh
Thanks

Both to Pikola and Foggy...

I will set up only the forwarders as both of you had suggested. By they which mail do you think is the best for my website....

Suireelmail

or

Webmail

I have now put up Webmail now for its looks....

Does any one of you have any idea as to forward the mail from your inbox as well as deleting it in the same go as I want to give the users of my website a feel of the Mailbox in my website... but without taxing my webspace.

Regards,
Satheesh