FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's your favourite CMS?

What's your favourite CMS? (Reply and I'll add more options)
e107
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
PHP-Nuke
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Mambo
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Xoops
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

wormhole.v2
What is/are your favourite CMS?

Mine have to be:
- e107
- PHP-Nuke

Then these aren't bad either Wink
- Mambo
- Xoops

(Those are the only ones I've tried by the way Wink )

I've heard also that some people have made their own CMS... Wow... I dunno if it concerns any of you but if you have made a CMS please don't hesitate posting it here!

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
Please give your views on the different CMS!

---
Sry if I posted this in the wrong section...
desertwind
Joomla, the predessor to Mambo.

Xoops is good, though.
mhenrique
I like drupal, customizable and pretty efficient. I like webGUI also, it has many features but it's slow.
wormhole.v2
If you want to compare your favourite CMS, visit the CMS Matrix.
7gts-scout
Mambo is good for beginners, the template design is easy to edit.

Mambo is still the best though, for me Laughing Wink
Arcath
I use e107, but i am currently trying to code my own CMS (with forums and everything
elcyron
i gave conpresso and typo3 a try, both have nice features for large company intranets.

i also liked the multiysitefeature of ezcontents, which was about the only good thing about it.
Rhysige
Your own CMS just takes time and a bit of skill making the GUI pretty, the actual code behind a CMS is pretty basic. Also you need to be able to write very secure code.. otherwise people get access to a heck of alot.
ck88
This is an interesting group. Could anyone tell me, if JOOMLA is any different then MAMBO. I am thinking about using a CMS, and JOOMLA seems to be the newer version.
anticitizen1
ck88 wrote:
This is an interesting group. Could anyone tell me, if JOOMLA is any different then MAMBO. I am thinking about using a CMS, and JOOMLA seems to be the newer version.

if i am not wrong, mabo programmers splited in two groups...
JOOMLa will be the future of mambo.
testoo
I DO loke the only CMS I use, Drupal!
Fully customizable, not really hard to install,
and good performance...
I like it!
mckenneth
I've been using Mambo eversince.. ive tried xoops, but I would say mambo is better... easier to manage.. and making theme is much more easier... =) never tired any CMs but now that I found out about them here... I would sure give it a try!
wormhole.v2
I like e107 because it comes with more or less everything. Anything it doesn't have is easy to add on (see the e107 plugins website).

It's also easily customizable and manageable with many features allowing you to do so.

The themes selection is pretty good but if you don't like the ones provided you can just download more or make your own.

All in all, I have to say that e107 is the best CMS I've ever used and I will continue to use it as long is it suits my needs.
Marston
Notepad Smile.
wormhole.v2
What about notepad???

If it was meant to be a joke, I didn't get it... Confused
achene
i prefer phpnule cause its the one ive always used and have made several skins for it. but at the moment i prefer sites in html - but its always nice to get some feedback, and that is possible with cms'es. but you can always create a guestbook or so and add it to a html site