FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Ranking: How long does it take to get ranked?

Dragonfly
My site has attracted many visitors from Google search results, and has been up on the internet for more than 6 months now, but has zero google ranking. How long does it take to get ranked in the Google (1-10) ranking ?
vignesh_natraj
are you talking abour page rank.
the rank google give to your site depends upon the number of links you get from other sites.The more the number of links that point to your site(especially pages with high PR) the more chances you will be ranked high by google.Google updates its page rank 3 to 4 times a year and i think a PR update is around the corner
Dragonfly
vignesh_natraj wrote:
are you talking abour page rank.

Unneccessary question.. Very Happy
vignesh_natraj wrote:
Google updates its page rank 3 to 4 times a year and i think a PR update is around the corner
This is useful. I have other site with google pagerank 4.

Thanks friend, I'm eagerly waiting for the update.
Bondings
The update is just happening and it seems like you got a PR1. The only big effect of PR is the spidering of your pages.
Dragonfly
Bondings wrote:
The update is just happening and it seems like you got a PR1. The only big effect of PR is the spidering of your pages.

ah.. rite.. thanks Bonding. I've enabled pagerank from my firefox toolbar and I can see now. I'm happy, I've got something now....
technotrix
Very Happy Once your site has been submitted to search engines and directories, you must be patient! Keep in mind that search engines can take anywhere between 2 to 3 months to list your site, so you may not notice ranking improvements within a few months. Very Happy
kcarring
Google now keeps track of not only the age of your site, but the age of your backlinks. For this reason, the effect backlinks have on your SERPS may take even longer. This does not hold true for MSN and YAHOO. I have had sites ranking well at MSN, YAHOO (top ten for specific searches) in under 14 days. Google on the other hand usually requires a full year to see significant results.
Zacku
If you were mentioning abt getting ranked in the search engine results' pages then I would suggest that you try and get ur link in other web-pages that have already been indexed by the Google Spider. If you do that your page will be indexed much faster !! Very Happy
exarkun
But I thought the google page rank would increase only if your site is being reviewed by googlebot on other sites? Submitting your site yourself to google, I think would result in a low google page rank. (I think so)
babumuchhala
exarkun wrote:
But I thought the google page rank would increase only if your site is being reviewed by googlebot on other sites? Submitting your site yourself to google, I think would result in a low google page rank. (I think so)
NO NOT et all.

It makes no difference.
Daniel15
Quote:

How do you know when PageRank updates are going to happen?
babumuchhala
daniel15 wrote:
Quote:

How do you know when PageRank updates are going to happen?
Well u can know that when some of ur sites have their PRs changed. My blogs PR is now 4 from 0, and quite a few other sites i know have had their PRs changed.

Also Bondings is a big PR/SEO freak. Keeps checking them everynow & then (at least more often than us Razz) So he will always know better abt this stuff. And also one can guess as its the start on a new quater Razz