FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Classic Rock

husker
I personally like anyhthing Classic Rock. I think it is the best music. However, the main bands I would listen to are:

-Led Zeppelin
-Rush
-BTO
-Beatles
-Fleetwood Mac
-Cheap Trick
-Yes
-Who
-Boston
-Journey
-Golden Earring
-Doobie Brothers
-Allman Brothers Band
-Blue Oyster Cult
-38 Special
-Alice Cooper
-Eagles
-Emerson, Lake and Palmer
-Kansas
-Grateful Dead
-John Couger Mellencamp
-REO Speedwagon
-Pink Floyd
-Styx
-Lynrd Skynard

I have many others, but the list would go on forever. Who do you like?
Blaster
How old are you?

And second off I do too. I recently went to a billy Joel concert. My friends all make fun of me for my music tasts but i think all this rap and new rock sucks. Theres nothing like watching an Aerosmith concert and they are having a ball on stage. These new bands are like all depressed on stage. Get your anger out run around the stage. That is what rock is all about!
shut up
Hells yeah, screw the dumasses that listen to a social degenerate that probably took a bath in blood or something then got in a fight with a lawn mower and a paint can Rolling Eyes. We like the music that makes you feel better. Hell I'm listening to Pink Floyd's Have a Cigar song, and lovin every second of it! Razz Razz Cool Cool Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink
Bengt
they rock like hell, those bands; i love'em ! Twisted Evil
SMCentral
whos heard this mix with green day, jay z and 50 cent the song is called roc-a-fella(mix by DJ ski and DJ hypo
coreygates
every band on there kicks ass man, i love classic rock, grew up on it and wouldnt have it any other way...i also play guitar, i love it!!! aerosmith is coming to hershey next month, i will definatly be there, this will be my first time seeing them, i wish i was born about 20 years earlier so i could have seen more of the legends Crying or Very sad
luckybird
Sign....
I have heard any of these bands. Maybe I have missed the best music? Someday I really need to try some of them.
willowmoon
I like musicians.. I like music that actually took talent to make. Pink Floyd, the Dead, Rusted Root, Bob Dylan (although the man had no singing talent.. he sure could write a great song) the Doors.. music that means something. I can't stand all the music these days that's about hos and money and guns.. what is that? It takes absolutely no talent to rap over a dj stealing others music. It's ridiculous..
Ziemas
Ohhh man! You forgot about ELO and Dire Straits!
macfly
Very good selection. Your forgot about the Rolling Stones. Smile. Yes I hate (sorry rappers, I didn't want to be rude) rap, scratch and those stupid plug-ins. I like Gibson Les Paul and Fenders through a good marshall or mesa-boogie and a real good drummer. You can still find this in some of today's bands, good ones : green day, good charlotte, etc...
KernEnergie
You forgot The Doors...but that's a great list you have here. Actually, Im currently listening to 70s music, hippies music like Jefferson Airplane, Mama's and Papa's, Hendrix, Box Tops.
Im happy that the classic rock come back to life today. I mean a lot of teens listen to oldies and try to do "the same" now. That's awsome.
fecophobia
You should add David Bowie and The Velvet underground to the list.
GTA
dude' what about Jimi Hendrix ? and Deep purple ? Black sabbath ?
iron maiden ?
Cool
crasso
There also should be space for The Kinks, Janis, Ten Years After, King Crimson,...
Hippie
SMCentral: I cannot imagine what that has to do with the topic here. Not to mention the combination of modern greenday and any kind of rap would make the devil himself cry in pain.
Jacob
husker wrote:
I personally like anyhthing Classic Rock. I think it is the best music. However, the main bands I would listen to are:

-Led Zeppelin
-Rush
-BTO
-Beatles
-Fleetwood Mac
-Cheap Trick
-Yes
-Who
-Boston
-Journey
-Golden Earring
-Doobie Brothers
-Allman Brothers Band
-Blue Oyster Cult
-38 Special
-Alice Cooper
-Eagles
-Kansas
-Grateful Dead
-John Couger Mellencamp
-REO Speedwagon
-Pink Floyd
-Styx
-Lynrd Skynard

I LOVE Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, the Allman Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton, Heart, War, Grateful Dead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Doobie Brothers, Bob Marley (reggae, I know), Jimi Hendrix, etc etc.

But I HATE Styx. Yuck.

Razz
XeRo
Like clasic rock I like:

Skid row
Savatage
Yngwee Malmsteen
Scorpions
Black Sabbath
Cacophony
Extreme
Europe
Quiet Riot
Pantera

And some more.
hiimdave
What about Cream? or just Eric Clapton in general? Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young is pretty good too Smile
pexivee
Id love to hear Eric Clapton play a club gig. Ive been to several stadium concerts, which these mega-bands from decades ago usually do, and it really doesnt do it for me.

Even an obscure band playing in a heated club or bar setting packs more energy than a big show on a big arena where only way to see the artist is buy binoculars.

Sometimes you can catch pretty good bands playing the music of Rolling Stones, Rush or Eagles on a small nostalgia rock festival and while the real thing is, well, the real thing,the smaller arenas just pack more juice per square meter than Paul McCartney on a football stadium.
ET_Player
Beatles it's old pop it's not Rock
Jimi hendrix it's rock
The animals it's rock
Black sabbath it's rock
Deep purple it's rock
varoskater
Hey man, you need to include CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL in your list!!!! They are one of the greatest rock n' roll bands of all time!!! Try to get some of their songs. I recomend you Fortunate Son, but anyway, all their songs are really good.

Peace out
bgbg
definitely Pink Floyd
Petee
I love classic rock. Boston, Journey, Scorpions, REO Speedwagon, Styx, to name a few. They all are awsome bands. I'd take classic rock over rap any day.
ender44
"Emerson, Lake and Palmer", Deep Purple also deserve their honors here
TheGustav
I agree with most (not all) of the bands listed by people here. Smile

It's very refreshing to see I'm not the only soul left on the planet who hates this modern music... It's so depressing... The lyrics are usually a tad weird, the guitar is horrid... A power chord repeated over and over. Rolling Eyes

Anything before the 1990's I'll listen to! Very Happy

Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leopard, Journey, Warrant, Ratt, etc. Smile
Nutteloos
TheGustav wrote:
It's very refreshing to see I'm not the only soul left on the planet who hates this modern music... It's so depressing... The lyrics are usually a tad weird, the guitar is horrid... A power chord repeated over and over. Rolling Eyes Smile

Maybe you're just not looking in the right place. Anything that's on the most commonly mentioned radio stations is 99% crap. Period. If you want some decent (new) music, you'll have to stroll around the specialized stores and fansites.
Heart Ticket
husker wrote:

-Led Zeppelin
-Rush
-BTO
-Beatles
-Fleetwood Mac
-Cheap Trick
-Yes
-Who
-Boston
-Journey
-Golden Earring
-Doobie Brothers
-Allman Brothers Band
-Blue Oyster Cult
-38 Special
-Alice Cooper
-Eagles
-Kansas
-Grateful Dead
-John Couger Mellencamp
-REO Speedwagon
-Pink Floyd
-Styx
-Lynrd Skynard

Led Zepplin - Stair way to heaven... i like it most other 13 year olds call me wierd because they say its old and crap but i like it.Its really cool, slow but cool...

James
gecko
Heart Ticket wrote:
most other 13 year olds call me wierd because they say its old and crap but i like it

Well... this is so but when you'll be little older (15-16) it'll came out that many listen to it - depends on friends. so don't worry - feel free
Led Zeppelin is the base of today's rock music. AND IS THE BEST !! Smile
mattchun
Hey man, you forget Sex Pistols!!!

Oh my god...
Magicman
Classic rock is amazing. Even though some of it is over 30 years old it is fairly popular among teenagers today. Most of todays music just doesn't have the same feel as the good old stuff. Also seeing one of these bands in concert is 10 times better than seeing most of the new rock groups out today.
suppastar
omg I loveee classic rock. though more of the softer stuff. My favorite band of all time is probably Simon and Garfunkel, with Paul Simon being my favorite artist. I also loved The Beatles, The Doors, The Who, The Mammas and the Pappas, The Zombies, you name it from any of the non hard core classic rock bands. What's weird tho is I'm only 26, but for some reason I just can't get myself into bands from today very much at all. I mean I do like Radiohead and Belle and Sebastian, but that's about it. Pretty sad, cuz it'd be really nice to follow a band that's actively making music still lol Sad...
gecko
suppastar wrote:
What's weird tho is I'm only 26, but for some reason I just can't get myself into bands from today very much at all.
Well, I'm 17 and I hate today's music. Of course, there are some exceptions but the hip-hop/techno/pop music... not for me at all
rcqpugh
I always thought cream was underrated. I love cream, oh and vannila fudge, and pretty much anything by Jeff Beck. There is also a great band called love and their lead singer really influenced Robert plant.
Ozzy
Don't Forget Toto!

Kicking myself since I missed them last year! Sad
frozenhead
Heart Ticket wrote:

Led Zepplin - Stair way to heaven... i like it most other 13 year olds call me wierd because they say its old and crap but i like it.Its really cool, slow but cool...

James

Lol. Same as what my friend tells me too though its what not about what your age if you appreciate a genre of music.Wink
bigbadjohn
Great list a few other bands for consideration..

Blackfoot.......

Molly Hatchet

Night Ranger

I saw Journey when they played this year, what a fantastic band, they have lost none of their power and it was great to see such a diverse age range in the crowd, there were the crinklies who no doubt grew up with the band but there were also a lot of younger people who were getting into it.

The great thing about a Journey concert is there songs are perfect for singing along to and it is quite an experience to hear 3 to 4000 people singing along....
cheh
but of course. this kind of music is at least worthy of the word "rock" Rolling Eyes
my personal favourites are Queen and Billy Idol! Cool
Nutteloos
I still listen to Pink Floyd, or the Dire Straits, every once in a while. Great listen.

Anyone want the old 'classic rock' feel by a more recent band? Try The Flower Kings.
outofnicks
I grew up on Classic Rock, and I'm mostly partial to guitar music. That covers a LOT, since a majority of the genre has guitar in it. With few exceptions, Lee Michaels being just one that I can think of at the moment. At least in the first album of his I heard--just Lee and Frosty the fat drummer. I loved that album!
Cream's White Room always gets my blood circulating good, as does Crossroads.
I also go for lesser known stuff, that didn't make the Top 40 and get played over and over and over again. The Fixx was my fave of the 80's, seems they didn't last too long unfortunately. They had some hits, but I never got tired of "One Thing Leads to Another" or any of their stuff and I still listen to it. Love the guitar riff in that song!
I think Rock reached it's peak of Quality in the late 70's, then started going downhill from there as far as originality. With occasional exceptions, of course. LIke Papa Roach, currently blaring from my speakers Very Happy
spinout
to me classic rock is like:
Buddy Holly
eddie cochrane
chuck berry
Jerry lee lewis
carl perkins
to mention the ones people heard of... (wich I seldom listens too, I go for more rare stuff)

hm just what happened before the surf era is classic rock, from then it's something else...