FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Christians riot and attack Muslims

earthchild
Here is a link disproving all this 'christian' righteousness.

I believe that if you are a true Christian you will first and foremost forgive and love your neighbors on this Earth.
(that means not hurling insults and judgements every which way as many so called 'Christians' on this forum do)

Religious mobs attacking each other... Is this what you want the world to become?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4738726.stm
nopaniers
Yes, I read that article too. It's sad when people behave in this way, forgetting everything except their hatred. Like a person close to me said: What would aliens think looking at our hatred of each other?
atomictoyz
earthchild wrote:
Here is a link disproving all this 'christian' righteousness.

I believe that if you are a true Christian you will first and foremost forgive and love your neighbors on this Earth.
(that means not hurling insults and judgements every which way as many so called 'Christians' on this forum do)

Religious mobs attacking each other... Is this what you want the world to become?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4738726.stm

It has more to do with social and political conditions than religion.

A Chrisitian by definition is a disciple of Jesus Christ. Since there is no historical record of Jesus beating and killing people or biblical text where Jesus commands his follower to kill then it must be something else according to logic.

I know 2 Muslims who I consider friends who say the same about Muslims who do not do what their supposed to...

Before hopping on the bashing Christians or any religion band wagon take a look at the number of deaths attributed to China and Russia for a comparison this being just a problem of religions.

Pointing out other peoples problems often times is a self-righteous act in of itself makes hypocrites of everyone.

Not every country has had thier Dark Ages....

Not everyone has the internet or an education...

Why do you think Jesus said "Forgive them, they know not what they do!"

His death was the result of rioting...

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...
broadparker
It's about time somebody take actions Exclamation
We can't just sit watching the muslim world do what ever they think is right!
earthchild
atomictoyz wrote:

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...

I agree with you. Even if that makes me wrong to bring this up.

Just to clarify though, this post is not meant as an attack on Christians. I love Christians (just like everyone else).

The idea is to point out that no religion is infallible, including one's own.
It's easy to say that someone else's religion is at fault. My opinion is that too many people choose to take the easy way out.

As far as the rioters go, I agree that it really is about so much more than religion - but it seems to me that religion has become the one of the favorite excuses for discrimination, hate, and oftentimes violence these days.
Soulfire
Somehow I don't think that religion is the source of this hate, violence, and discrimination placed on these Christians. I know far more Christians that at least respect Islam, and I as a Christian do not find it appropriate. Many Christians wouldn't find this appropriate.

An isolated incident such as this can't be placed against all Christians, just to get that out there (it happens to everyone). But I believe that there are extenuating circumstances, just them being only Christian does not imply that that was the reason for the riots.

Many people are raised and programmed racism. Chances are you turn out to believe what your parents believe, why do you think racism kept going earlier in America's history? People just thought it was right. Maybe these Christians were just taught incorrectly by their elders, and they know not what they do. Perhaps they are in a civil war type situation there?

My point is don't just automatically assume that because they are Christians, they are rioting.

And it's also EXTREMELY hard to trust the way the media shoves this stuff down our throats, especially the liberal media... it's the worst.
nopaniers
Soulfire wrote:
An isolated incident such as this can't be placed against all Christians, just to get that out there (it happens to everyone).

I totally agree (obviously being a Christian I am also biased). We should not do it about muslims either, or any religion for that matter. There are good and bad people of every persuation.
prongs_386
atomictoyz wrote:

A Chrisitian by definition is a disciple of Jesus Christ. Since there is no historical record of Jesus beating and killing people or biblical text where Jesus commands his follower to kill then it must be something else according to logic.

Before hopping on the bashing Christians or any religion band wagon take a look at the number of deaths attributed to China and Russia for a comparison this being just a problem of religions.

first, just because jesus or god havnt left anything saying go and kill, doesnt mean people wont believe that is what god wants them to do.
If something is left saying your religion is the only correct one, surely that could be left to an interpretation of , we must remove all other religions.

second you talk of russia and china. If you had studied these countries and the revolutions that occured in them you would know, that the rulers of both countries were thought of as the gods. There was no religion in china after mao took over. Mao was the religion, people followed him. Same with russia, lenin had a cult following and stalin followed onto this, justifying actions through lenin after his(lenin's) death.
geeren
Where does this article go about ?
CompactHaven
Soulfire wrote:
Somehow I don't think that religion is the source of this hate, violence, and discrimination placed on these Christians.

I know far more Christians that at least respect Islam, and I as a Christian do not find it appropriate. Many Christians wouldn't find this appropriate.

I'm a Christain, but I'm going to play the devil's advocate here because I'm extremely truthful.
I think religion is the source of violence in this incident. They were stopping cars, asking if there were any "Hausa on board."
I don't know if that's a race or religion though.

As a Christian, you find this innappropriate, as do I. You must understand we are feeling the same feelings (good) Muslims usually feel when there are riots.

Soulfire wrote:
But I believe that there are extenuating circumstances, just them being only Christian does not imply that that was the reason for the riots.

There are always extenuating circumstances. If you're attacking everyone from a certain religion though, it doesn't matter what those circumstances are.

Soulfire wrote:
Many people are raised and programmed racism. Chances are you turn out to believe what your parents believe, why do you think racism kept going earlier in America's history? People just thought it was right. Maybe these Christians were just taught incorrectly by their elders, and they know not what they do. Perhaps they are in a civil war type situation there?

Being progammed and raised to act a certain way is no excuse at all. I feel your pain at seeing Christains act this way, but this is the same excuse liberals use to defend crazy Muslims.

Soulfire wrote:
And it's also EXTREMELY hard to trust the way the media shoves this stuff down our throats, especially the liberal media... it's the worst.

Yeah, I'd like to hear another report on this. I still feel that there's not much I could read that would justify this Christian group.

I know Muslims have been at war for 2 thousand years, so it's hard to put this in perspective, but imagine if you had read this report, and both groups were Muslims. You would not hesitate to rant about how bad thier actions were. I think it's dangerous to play the defensive all of the time.
CompactHaven
geeren wrote:
Where does this article go about ?

Please refrase the question, and I will try to answer it.
Vrythramax
To label any religion as being "fanatical" as judged by the action(s) of some members of that group just isn't right or fair. When a Muslim speaks against the Christian he believes what he/she saying is right, and given the history of The Crusades, who's to say they aren't right? Before you blast me, I know that was a long time ago, but that mentality was prevalant for over a thousand years. We were right, the world (or at least anybody who didn't think exactly like we did) was wrong, and everybody and anybody who questioned us or our motives was doomed to burn in hell. I am a Catholic, argueably one of the more "Holier than thou" religions, and even I find that attitude unfit and unchrisitian-like. I don't see that much has changed since the Crusades, with the exception of the calendar. Ferverant religious people still cast a finger of doom on all who pray to God differantly than they do and still feel they have the right to pass judgment on others.

Right, wrong or indeferant, we all have the right to pray, or not pray as we see fit, but we DO NOT have the right to pass judgements of any kind on anyone elses religion.

Opinions are like armpits, we all have them and some of them stink.
darknez3
I don't mean to sound so drastic, but I'm studying world religions now and native Muslims believe that all who are not Muslim deserve to go to hell... It is to no surprise to see escalating conflicts between Muslim with other religious groups.
agentblade
i think most of the time, religion is used only as an excuse to "justify" their course of action. I feel most of these religious extremist aren't even that devoted. Because if they are, they'd know that their religion forbids them to do what they are doing...

Religion is a powerful thing to use to stir the emotions of people.. and some people will just simply believe anything anyone says, without even checking if what they say has any meaning or whether it makes sense..
nopaniers
I agree agentblade. It's a little sad, but people in power will always try to abuse religion for their own purposes. And what I find even more astonishing is that some people in religious circles will go along with it. I was pretty disappointed to see that happening, and I've lost a lot of respect for some "religious" people because of it. It makes me doubt if they have any conviction at all.
Vrythramax
nopaniers wrote:
I agree agentblade. It's a little sad, but people in power will always try to abuse religion for their own purposes. And what I find even more astonishing is that some people in religious circles will go along with it. I was pretty disappointed to see that happening, and I've lost a lot of respect for some "religious" people because of it. It makes me doubt if they have any conviction at all.

I agree with you 100% about the abuse of power as a means to an end for some people, and religion has been abused by *alot* of people as a hammer to beat someone of a differing opinion into another way, but please don't fall into the trap of stereotyping all religious people as being of that kind of person. Some have very strong convictions and are honestly good people who don't want to see anyone hurt. Not everybody is the same.