FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to add a new domain to my site

desertwind
OK, i found from the FAQ that, if i want to point a domain to a directory i've to Addon Domains. But I can't see any such feature in DirectAdmin.

Here's the Scenario.

I own the domain, www.bitinc.co.in, which points to the public_html/. This is fine now.
I own another domain, www.o2layer.org, which I WANT to point to a directory, say public_html/o2layer. How do I do this ?
Animal
What you would be best to do is to create another domain. To do so, open Direct Admin and select DOMAIN SETUP then click ADD A DOMAIN. Then, name your domain o2layer.org. The next thing you'll need to do is change the DNS configuration with your domain registrar - use ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net as your nameservers.
This will create another domain (it will be a directory in your FTP "Domains" folder) and it will have it's own "Public_html" folder.
This will also allow you to create email addresses etc. like you@02layer.org.

Well, I hope this helps - let me know if you have problems.

Very Happy
desertwind
That worked. Thanks.

And I can upload files to o2layer.org using the same ftp account by connecting to ftp.bitinc.co.in and vice versa ?