FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fincher - Se7en

mephisto73
Did anyone miss this flick that defined and redefined the film-noir genre in the 90's and shook the foundations of mainstream Hollywood? It stood out as an epithome of movie making at the end of last century, and if there is any justice in the world it will be regarded in the future as the single most important movie of the 90'ies. Of course not everyone will agree, but I will argue that Finchers style reanimated much of the creative sparkle in directing after that hollywood have acually improved the ratio of artful and worthwhile movies to those massproduced mindless standard folmula A crap movies that sadly still dominates.
Scaramanga
What?!? I hate to disagree, but Fincher is a hack, and certainly no autuer. Se7en was good, but it didn't redefine anything. He used film-making standards that were already in common use. And I think his most successful films (Se7en and Fight Club) have more to do with the acting and script than his direction. I mean we're talking about the guy who mainly does music videos here.