FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


toking up!





kolinraff
Who here is with me? WHO BELIEVES WEED SHOULD BE LEGAL!!!!! I mean why would they make it legal in amsterdam, they have the perfect system. Cannabis doesnt harm anyone! Ive been smoking for like almost 3 years now and it hasnt done anything but help me feel better in times of depression etc.! MAKE WEED LEGAL! Laughing
SkullPizza
I used to want to champion this cause when my Dad said something to me: "We all have to pick our battles, some fight for freedom, some for equality. Do you really want to be the one who fights for getting ****** up?"

Made me think about my priorities.
Jack_Hammer
I think weed should be legal as well though I think smoking (tobacco) should be illegal. Weed is not very damaging at all, the main problem with weed is if you smoke it too young (Teenage) before your brain is fuly developed you could get cannibis psychosys which isn't nice, but other than that there are little problems with it, it's not as bad for you as tobbacco.
Animal
Jack_Hammer wrote:
... it's not as bad for you as tobbacco.


Maybe not, but if they knew how dangerous tobacco was when it was first introduced, it would never have become mainstream. The deal is that they know cannabis is harmful. If used regularly, it causes paranoia even in fully-grown adults. They know it'll cause harm, so they're not going to legalise it.

I'm actually against it being legalised anyway. Have you ever been at a party and seen all the pot-heads sitting in a corner getting stoned? If you have, I think you'll agree it's a pitiful sight. I don't understand why people want to smoke something that makes them look and act retarded.
Jack_Hammer
Animal wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
... it's not as bad for you as tobbacco.


Maybe not, but if they knew how dangerous tobacco was when it was first introduced, it would never have become mainstream. The deal is that they know cannabis is harmful. If used regularly, it causes paranoia even in fully-grown adults. They know it'll cause harm, so they're not going to legalise it.

I'm actually against it being legalised anyway. Have you ever been at a party and seen all the pot-heads sitting in a corner getting stoned? If you have, I think you'll agree it's a pitiful sight. I don't understand why people want to smoke something that makes them look and act retarded.


People smoke weed because it makes you feel a lot better about life generally and works wonders when your depressed, though it was tobbacco companies that got weed banned.
AffroThund3r
Legalising cannabis would lead to massive strains on the National Health services, psychitric admissions would go through the roof.

How many chemicals in tobacco?? - 4,000

Mix Cannabis and tobacco and how many? - 22,000.

Lets think about this,

Didn't take too long

IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU.
Vrythramax
Not only should weed be legalized, I think THC should be one of the main food groups Very Happy

It's not like crack or anything, I have never heard of anyone smoking a whole ounce of pot and then robbing someone to get more....maybe steal a package of twinkies or something...but that's about it.

I have been smoking for over 25 years and I'm not hooked (snicker).
Soulfire
Everyone's case is different, some people could become addicted and others may not. Some may develop terrible, horrible problems, others may be fine. It's quite strange really.

The U.S. can barely handle the underage alcohol and tobacco problem, let alone if they legalized marijuana, it would be more readily available and become even more of a problem.
Blaster
http://ohyesbaby.ytmnd.com/

Yea you read it right. Also in some countries it is leagal.
AffroThund3r
Contary to wide belief Cannabis is not legal in Amsterdam, it's "tolerated" and that is why you can only get it in cafes and the such!! Smile

http://www.cannabiscup.com/ht/cancup/content.php?bid=8&aid=9
Read the first paragraph!! Razz
Pablo Diablo
Due to the amount of money wasted policing merijuana, and the crime that comes with it, lagalizing it will remove the plants from crimial houses and they can grow in monitored clinical evironments. Much better.
Blaster
AffroThund3r wrote:
Contary to wide belief Cannabis is not legal in Amsterdam, it's "tolerated" and that is why you can only get it in cafes and the such!! Smile

http://www.cannabiscup.com/ht/cancup/content.php?bid=8&aid=9
Read the first paragraph!! Razz

Yea i watched something on TV about that. Its very interesting.
baldheadedgames
Read this, it was taken from http://www.insightweb.com/drugwarnotes/_disc6/00000036.htm, it is quite interesting and makes a good point, this might change some of the peoples minds here:

Quote:
The (IOM)Institute of Medicine's cannabis report http://homepages.go.com/homepages/m/a/r/marthag1/ddc.htm concludes the medicinal value of cannabis. That it is not addictive, not a stepping stone to white powders and it has never killed anyone. The Government buried this info and then voted to suspend any future funding. The DC medicinal marijuana vote has not been released to date. Driving studies conclude cannabis safer than alcohol and even abstinence in heavy traffic. http://mojo.calyx.net/~olsen/HEMP/IHA/iha01206.html and still; Every 45 seconds we create an American criminal for possession of cannabis. http://www.norml.org 2 million have gone through the criminal system under Clinton. Forfeiture laws steal homes to the spoils of WoD(war on drugs). 87% of WoD is allocated to cannabis. 99.28% of the cannabis eradication are non psychoactive ditchweed. $17 Billion is allocated to the 99 WoD. 99.28% of 87% of $17B is; $14,683,512,000.00 to save our kids from rope, canvas burlap, clothing, shelter, biomass fuel, and the most nutritionally complete food on the planet! http://www.pacifichemp.com/ Corporate Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Alcohol, Timber, Cotton, Meat and Tobacco interests in competition with cannabis have lobbied successfully for years to keep cannabis illegal. With the governments, corporate media and the major religions assistance. All on fabricated lies, secret back room "riders", myth's and lack of a truthful press. So it seems we are a stiff necked race and if food, fuel, fiber and FARMaceuticals doesn't Legalize it, the Physics of cannabis having a greater mass than anything living, more tensile strength than cotton or wood. Or the Historical knowledge that cannabis helped build this country and the Smithsonian is denying its existance. Or that cannabis was probably mankind's first cultivated crop and used by almost every culture, or that no other plant can provide the 12 fruits of the tree of life except cannabis. Rev22:2 http://www.beyond-the-illusion.com/files/Religion/Bahai/Texts

/EN/Revelations/Revelations-22.html

And if the business and agricultural aspects of a cash crop with 100,000 products potential including dozens of medicinal ailments isn't convincing. Jack Herer http://www.jackherer.com/ HighTimes http://www.hightimes.com IHA http://mojo.calyx.net/~olsen/HEMP/IHA/ Medicinal http://www.rxmarihuana.com/ http://homepages.go.com/~marthag1/medical.htm http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/ Or that it can replace the booze in alcoholism. Allowing healthier living. Yet the Zero Tolerence, Manditory minimums Gestapo tactics continue. Stripping Americans of their Constitution and caging cannabis activists B.E.Smith, Will Foster, Steve Kubby, Gideon Isreal, Peter McWilliams, Todd, Martin and 2 million more for simple possession. http://www.november.org/

All that and its still illegal? OK, then here's another reason to legalize cannabis; Peace or WoD? DdC Cannabis and Religion Linx

Convinced? Not yet? Here's some more, it's from a petition found here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/1R83H152/petition.html

This is a petition started to provide a factual insight too the British public on this most controversial subject. There is nothing but the facts, so that we the people can make intelligent decisions about a subject the government clouds up with untruthfulness. Please read this petition and even though you might not smoke Cannabis, please observe with an open mind about all the benifitial qualities that have nothing to do with smoking, but are currently still as illegal.

FACT

• Deaths per year resulted from alcohol: 100,000
• Deaths per year resulted from tobacco: 430,000
• Deaths per year resulted from aspirin: 180- 1000
• Deaths per year resulted from legal drugs: 106,000
• Deaths that have ever occurred in result from Cannabis: 0
FACT

• Farming 6% of Britain with biomass crops (Hemp) would provide all of Britain’s Energy needs.
• Biomass can be converted into methane, methanol, or gasoline (which could eliminate our ties with the Middle East) at a cost comparable to petroleum and hemp is much better for the environment.
• Hemp fuel burns clean. Petroleum causes acid rain due to sulfur pollution.
• The use of Hemp Fuel does not contribute to global warming

FACT

• Hemp seed can be pressed into nutritious oil, which contains the highest amount of fatty acids in the plant kingdom. Essential oils are responsible for our immune system responses, and can clear the arteries of cholesterol and plaque.
• The byproduct of pressing the oil from hemp seed is a high quality protein seed cake. It can be used to bake into cakes, breads and casseroles. Hemp seed protein is one of mankind’s finest, most complete, and available-to-the body vegetable proteins.
• A Vegan or vegetarian can get all of the days required protein from a handful of hemp seed.

FACT

• Hemp is the oldest cultivated fiber plant in the world.
• Low-THC fiber hemp varieties developed by the French and others have been available for over 20 years. It is impossible to get high from fiber hemp. Over 600,000 acres of hemp is grown worldwide with no misuse problem.
• One acre of hemp can produce as much usable fiber as 4 acres of trees or two acres of cotton.
• Trees cut down take 50-500 years to grow, while hemp can be cultivated in as little as 100 days and can yield 4 times more paper over a 20 year period.
• Until 1883, from 75-90% of all paper in the world was made with cannabis hemp fiber including that for books, Bibles, maps, paper money, stocks and bonds, newspapers, etc.
• Hemp paper is longer lasting than wood pulp, stronger, acid-free, and chlorine free (Chlorine is estimated to cause up to 10% of all Cancers).
• Hemp paper can be recycled 7 times, wood pulp 4 times.
• Hemp particleboard may be up to 2 times stronger than wood particleboard and holds nails better.
• Hemp is a softer, warmer, and more water absorbent, than cotton and doesn’t stretch out.

FACT

• Almost any product that can be made from wood, cotton, or petroleum (including plastics) can be made from hemp. There are 25,000 known uses for hemp.
• For thousands of years virtually all good paints and varnishes were made with hemp seed oil and/or linseed oil.
• One acre of hemp produces as much cellulose fiber pulp as 4.1 acres of trees, making hemp a perfect material to replace trees for pressed board, particle board, and concrete construction molds.
• Heating and compressing plant fibers can create a practical, inexpensive, fire-resistant constructions material with excellent thermal and sound-insulating qualities.
• In 1941 Henry Ford built a plastic car made of fiber from hemp and wheat straw. Hemp is biodegradable, as synthetic plastic is not.

FACT

• Presidents Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp.


Convinced? You should be. Cool
hahame
what are u disgussing? i do not follew yet
gonzo
No, thanks. I want to finish growing... that stuff DOES stunt development on a number of levels... and even once you hit your twenties can damage the judgement centers of the brain.
Tumbleweed
Dont smoke it............eat it ......yummy......ZzzzzzZZzzzzz
AffroThund3r
When they discuss using cannabis in a medicinal way they usually use a spray or tablet form.

Not smoking massive "biftas"!!.
baldheadedgames
Quote:
No, thanks. I want to finish growing... that stuff DOES stunt development on a number of levels... and even once you hit your twenties can damage the judgement centers of the brain.


I will have to agree with that since it happened to my couisin, ever since he started smoking weed (at about 16 yrs, I was 14 at the time) he stopped growing and now I'm way taller than him (I was about half a foot shorter). N-e ways, we discussed this in my science class the other day, and it does stunt growth, not entirelly, but noticably if smoked in massive amounts, that's why I only smoke it when I'm stressed (less than 5 times a month) and in small amounts. Laughing

Quote:
Dont smoke it............eat it ......yummy......ZzzzzzZZzzzzz


Did somebody say cupcakes? I had weed cupcakes before, they're so good cause you don't have to smoke it and you can make them any flavor (chocolate is the best), that with a beer and your set for a week.

Quote:
When they discuss using cannabis in a medicinal way they usually use a spray or tablet form.

Not smoking massive "biftas"!!.


MMMMMHHHHHHHHHHH BIFTAS (AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH).

Can you point me in the direction of the nearest cannabis tablet dealer? I hope so, I wouldn't mind having some around for an emergency.

*Vision of Commercial* : Pressenting new and improved Cannabis Spray, now available in grape and cherry:

Here's a picture:



Coming to a store near you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Blaster
baldheadedgames be sure to quote and give your source and opion when you copy stuff from sites. The mods don't like it when you don't quote your matrial.

Code:
[quote][/quote]
[/quote][/code]
Marston
I think it should be legal, over the age of 18. If you're an adult, you should be able to make choices like that - the government has no right to treat adults like children, in my opinion.
baldheadedgames
Blaster Wrote:
Quote:
baldheadedgames be sure to quote and give your source and opion when you copy stuff from sites. The mods don't like it when you don't quote your matrial.


Like that? I'm sorry if I did it wrong, I just don't know how, I just copied the text and clicked quote, not sure if I did it wrong, please correct me if I did. Embarassed

Marston Wrote:
Quote:
I think it should be legal, over the age of 18. If you're an adult, you should be able to make choices like that - the government has no right to treat adults like children, in my opinion.


I agree, the government is tyranic no matter what the constitution says.
Bones
Actually, the World Health Organization disagrees with those of you who say marijuana will cause strains on the health system with all of the bad things it does to you. In fact, in their studies, they have shown that marijuana is not as harmfull as alcohol or tobacco, even if consumed in the same quantities.

In fact, marijuana has more health benefits when it comes to patients with cancer, HIV, etc etc That is why countries like Canada and Amsterdam use marijuana for mediacal purposes.

One of the main reasons that marijuana was prohibited in North America in the first place was because of blatent lies published by the american government to scare the crap out of people so they wouldnt smoke it.

Some of you should really do some research before posting about how harmful marijuana is, unless you feel you are smarter in these areas than the World Health Organization that is. Almost anything published by the US government concerning weed is all lies.



AffroThund3r wrote:
Legalising cannabis would lead to massive strains on the National Health services, psychitric admissions would go through the roof.

How many chemicals in tobacco?? - 4,000

Mix Cannabis and tobacco and how many? - 22,000.

Lets think about this,

Didn't take too long

IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU.
embrace.guild
I really dont care. I dont want it legalized, cause so many people would act stupid. Honestly though, i think tabacco should be illegal. The only reason it isnt, is that the tabacco comapnies buy the goverment off. Its been around forever in the US and they are the largest companies. Everyone knows its bad for you. Luckily people get tired of it and they ban it from most restauants
ccarter24
Legalizing weed is a great idea. There aren't enough stoners on the streets already. Brilliant!
Srs2388
well if it was legalized more people would live longer they woudn't care about tobbacco which has so many additves in it thats what kills people, the tobbacco isn't as bad for you...
but i dont smoke tobbacco or pot but I have done research on both one on a speech and one to make my cousin stop smoking ciggerettes and dipping nasty pathetic skoal >_<
jaysen
lol!! you people make it sound like if it was legalized that suddenly everyone would start smoking up... believe it or not, more people smoke it already now than you think, and it is easier to get ahold of in most places than it is to get alcohol if your under 18.
many people die and are injured evry year becuase of alcohol, becuse it tends to make people think they're tougher, and invincible. how many stoners do you know that go picking fights and think they're instant nascar drivers?

doesn't matter what it is a person takes to get high or drunk, moderation and a little bit of BRAINS goes a long way to keeping you and your friends butt alive until morning.
Jack_Hammer
Marston wrote:
I think it should be legal, over the age of 18. If you're an adult, you should be able to make choices like that - the government has no right to treat adults like children, in my opinion.


Personally I think it should be legal for people over the age of 21, as weed can be very damaging to teenagers, as their brain is not fully mature until the age of around 21-23. Cannibis psychosis is not a good thing.
a.Bird
embrace.guild wrote:
I really dont care. I dont want it legalized, cause so many people would act stupid.


Please be more specific. By stupid, do you mean polluting and contributing to gobal warming? Or maybe are you referring to the thousands of deaths caused by drunk driving? Okay, perhaps your talking about contributing to commercialism and making our economy more rickety everyday. Then again, I'm not really sure because you don't have the motivation to make a specific point as opposed to throwing out a mindless prediction.

ccarter24 wrote:
Legalizing weed is a great idea. There aren't enough stoners on the streets already. Brilliant!
How many "stoners on the streets" do you know? And what exactly do you mean by "on the streets"? Cars are on the streets too... and as a matter of fact, they do infinitely more damage to the world than a "stoner".

It seems that people opposed to the idea of marijuana consumption generally have little or no evidence to back their claims.

Brick wall
David_Pardy
All recreational drugs should be illegal.

People who rely on any foreign substance to get relief from stress, anxiety, etc. has bigger problems than simply a possible addiction.
Jack_Hammer
David_Pardy wrote:
All recreational drugs should be illegal.

People who rely on any foreign substance to get relief from stress, anxiety, etc. has bigger problems than simply a possible addiction.


I dare you to cut sugar out your diety, thats a very addictive drug, go on I dare you, why do you think that companys put more and more sugar into your foods?, so it tastes better, and what is tasting good (Usually makes you feel good too right?), then that must be bad!, You can see how rediculous your statement seems.
David_Pardy
It's not ridiculous, you're just grasping at straws. Seriously, if you're going to try and make a point at least make a valid one. Unlike most other 'drugs', sugar is actually USEFUL to your body.

There is absolutely no reason for people to be using substances recreationally - drugs should ONLY be used in a case of absolute MEDICAL need. This eliminates pretty much EVERYTHING that people take recreationally - including ecstasy, speed, etc.

Yes, I know that Caffeine is worse than speed and that is yet another drug which should NOT be legal. People are incredibly ignorant of just how harmful many drugs are.

If you take drugs recreationally, you need to get a life. It's that simple.
EmperorBrandon
I believe weed should be legal. The health threats of other substances, such as Tobacco and Alcohol, are way higher, and they are legal. Of course, depression could set in if used too often, so I think that's why it's illegal, but that's no friking excuse. If depression is so bad, why not make DATING illegal along with it? Makes no sense from my POV.

Quote:
It's not ridiculous, you're just grasping at straws. Seriously, if you're going to try and make a point at least make a valid one. Unlike most other 'drugs', sugar is actually USEFUL to your body.

And can you prove THC isn't? Can you prove any of the OTHER chemicals in it aren't? Here's something for you to think about: some of the substances in weed have the ability to HELP cure cancer. Can sugar?

Quote:
There is absolutely no reason for people to be using substances recreationally - drugs should ONLY be used in a case of absolute MEDICAL need. This eliminates pretty much EVERYTHING that people take recreationally - including ecstasy, speed, etc.

Ok, let's see here. If you only need to take and do what you NEED, then Recreational sex, video games, computers, and TV should be illegal, you say?

Quote:
Yes, I know that Caffeine is worse than speed and that is yet another drug which should NOT be legal. People are incredibly ignorant of just how harmful many drugs are.

You're right about one thing. People are incredibly ignorant. Maybe they should learn to use MODERATION rather than illegalizing it....?

Quote:
"Moderate tea or coffee drinkers probably need have no concern for their health relative to their caffeine consumption provided other lifestyle habits (diet, alcohol consumption) are moderate, as well."
The American Medical Association


Quote:
If you take drugs recreationally, you need to get a life. It's that simple.

Mad libs anyone?

Quote:
If you (*insert addicting thing*), you need to get a (*noun*). It's that simple.



Quote:
If you play video games, you need to get a new controller. It's that simple.


~Emperor Brandon
hobbes
Lol Sugar is the basis of all life. Here is the chemical foruma for BREATHING.

C6H12O6 + O2 -----> CO2 + H2O
Glucose + Oxygen = Carbon dioxide + Water
sugar

Comming from a person who has been smoking weed a lot for 2 years. Dont do it, dont even try it. Weed contains 4 times for tar than tobbaco, and many of the cancer causing chemicals. Weed also changed people. You lose friends, and somtimes people will only hang out with you if you have weed, then they would just leave.

Although, I do belive it should be legalized, just becaise im big on freedom.

But serious, dont do it. It does make you stupid, and it does change people.
EmperorBrandon
But serious, dont do it. It does make you stupid, and it does change people.[/quote]
I'm not going to. I'm just saying that as soon as we illegalized it, people wanted to do it to feel "Bad".

Also,I'm trying to show David the errors of his ways. He said anything recreational and is a drug should be illegalized. Computer is like a drug to me, and gives me a sense of enjoyment, so should it be illegal?

~Emperor Brandon
Jack_Hammer
David_Pardy wrote:
It's not ridiculous, you're just grasping at straws. Seriously, if you're going to try and make a point at least make a valid one. Unlike most other 'drugs', sugar is actually USEFUL to your body.

There is absolutely no reason for people to be using substances recreationally - drugs should ONLY be used in a case of absolute MEDICAL need. This eliminates pretty much EVERYTHING that people take recreationally - including ecstasy, speed, etc.

Yes, I know that Caffeine is worse than speed and that is yet another drug which should NOT be legal. People are incredibly ignorant of just how harmful many drugs are.

If you take drugs recreationally, you need to get a life. It's that simple.


P.S there are different kinda of sugar, the type your body makes from things like banans which are high in sugar, and the nasty processed sugar (The reason 2/3s of americans are fat). Have you ever tried getting high?, have you ever been depressed and felt like killing yourself, then gotten high?, have you gone out and enjoyed yourself?, Things make you feel good, drugs make people feel good, and if they only damage themselves whats the harm of them taking it if they know the risks?
David_Pardy
1. I know there are different types of sugar.

2. I have wanted to kill myself on several occasions years ago, but instead of moping around feeling sorry for myself I told myself to get over it and actually do something productive with my life.

I have never tried to get 'high' or anything, because it is unnecessary and stupid (I have the very rare occasional drink after an exceptionally stressful drive home from work or something, and I used to smoke but I finally managed to quit). The difference between sitting on a computer and smoking weed is that a). Smoking weed in moderation STILL causes physical and mental problems and b). Sitting on a computer in moderation while still be active outdoors, healthy diet, etc. is much less unhealthy.

Pretty much EVERY addiction is dangerous. Whether it's to TV, computers or drugs, it's still dangerous - to your physical, psychological and social health.

But you don't need to have an addiction to be harming yourself. As far as I know, speed and weed for example only cause a mental addiction in some people, not a physical addiction - in comparison to smoking and heroin which cause physical addictions.

Anyway, there are so many other ways to relieve stress in a healthy way. Going for a walk is probably the absolute best thing you can do, you not only feel less stressed afterwards but you just upped your fitness just that little bit.

Taking drugs doesn't remove problems, it only hides them temporarily and creates new problems for you.
Marston
AffroThund3r wrote:
Legalising cannabis would lead to massive strains on the National Health services, psychitric admissions would go through the roof.

How many chemicals in tobacco?? - 4,000

Mix Cannabis and tobacco and how many? - 22,000.

Lets think about this,

Didn't take too long

IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU.
... There are NOT 18,000 chemicals in Cannabis, there are only 400.
ahlai
There is actually a web that provide FREE PHP HOSTING and NO NEED TO DO SO MUCH STUPID THINGS LIKE POSTING QUALITY POST IN THE FOURM>! LAME web .
ocelotweb
There's some reason why weed is illegal I've been told, I don't believe because it is necessarily bad for you otherwise they wouldn't be giving it to old people.... or would they? Well it's something to do with the government not knowing how to tax it so the greedy prats get a piece of the pie. Or something like that. Like I said I don't remember exactly why.
Marston
ocelotweb wrote:
There's some reason why weed is illegal I've been told, I don't believe because it is necessarily bad for you otherwise they wouldn't be giving it to old people.... or would they? Well it's something to do with the government not knowing how to tax it so the greedy prats get a piece of the pie. Or something like that. Like I said I don't remember exactly why.
It's illegal, (I believe) because you can become psychotic from smoking it too much.
thiamshui
hey, it is harmful.. similar to smoking, it will only harm yourself.. it shouldn't be made legal..
hive
I think all natural drugs should be legal only for home cultivation. The commerce should stay illegal. It's simple: If YOU wanna get high on drugs grow it for YOUR OWN inside YOUR house only for YOU.

The only real property of human beign is it's body and I think we should
make whatever we want with our only property - since drugs don't become to "publicitary fetish" like the actual legalised drugs, and people have acess to proper information about the effects and damages of drugs.

The black market of drugs that kills more people a year than all drugs together and the money we pay the govern to maintain the drug criminals on the jail could be a good reasons to make it legal if the FREEDOM of human beans would't a better reason.

Sorry for my bad english...
junodark
Er, actually weed isn't always a good thing, despite what the smokers would have you think. In fact, your expectations, emotions and belief will affect the quality of your experience greatly. The biggest problem with letting people smoke is that unlike tobacco (which should be illegal) and alchohol (which in circumstances such as driving beyond a certain point of intoxication), weed has a potential to effect a lot of non-smokers and reduce their quality of life because of actions/inactions of people who are high.

And for gods sake, commercial hemp is NOT AT ALL like marijuana. Same family, but you could stand in a field of burning hemp and not feel the slightest thing.

And yes, weed is a gateway drug for a lot of people who have the physiological potential for it.

Unfortunately what hasn't been said is that most people want to legalize weed to live a more hedonistic lifestyle. Oh well.
Marston
... Hemp is just a common name for Cannabis (marijuana) when it is grown for reasons other than substance abuse.
junodark
Marston wrote:
... Hemp is just a common name for Cannabis (marijuana) when it is grown for reasons other than substance abuse.


I was talking about commercial hemp (Non-THC strains) vs. Recreational Marijuana
hive
junodark wrote:
... weed has a potential to effect a lot of non-smokers and reduce their quality of life because of actions/inactions of people who are high..


Effect?? Affect? Which one?
Doesn't matter wich one, two statements are fail.
If you were talking about 'effect', meaning straight people breathing the smoke of some pot-head's reef and getting high; well this is almost impossible. Cool Smile

But I think the word was 'affect' and in this case I have to ask you to do 2 things:
1st - Go to some police departments around the world and make a statistic about female's and domestic physical violence envolving both alcohol and marijuana abuse.

2nd - Go to Amsterdan and other places where weed is tolerated and make a statistic about quality of life.

So you can write about marijuana action/inactions without the add of "I think" on your text.

Quote:
Unfortunately what hasn't been said is that most people want to legalize weed to live a more hedonistic lifestyle. Oh well


Everyone has the right to have a more hedonistic lifestyle since it isn't illegal but the question here is the legalization of a plant used in the last 10k years by the mankind and not the philosophical implications of our lifestyles.
Bones
junodark wrote:

And yes, weed is a gateway drug for a lot of people who have the physiological potential for it.


This is simply not true. Check out some statistics in places where it has been decriminalized/legalized (such as Amsterdam). Hard core drug use has actually decreased, not increased.

In fact, here are some statistics regarding the marijuana gateway drug myth..that's right...myth.

http://www.pdxnorml.org/gateway.html

I am sure that there are lots of cases where regular marijuana users moved on to heavier drugs. I am also sure that many beer drinkers moved on to whiskey, rum etc. I think it depends on the specific person. But, the numbers show that the 'gateway effect' of marijuana is just not true.

This is a topic I have debated with many people for many years, and the anti-marijuana people all have one thing in common with their arguments. They have no valid argument for the continued prohibition of marijuana. The statistics just prove otherwise. Chronic heavy use will of course have negative effects. The chronic heavy use of gravol, tylenol, cocaine, alchol, tobacco and caffeine all have pretty nasty effects as well. Abuse any drug and you will pay the price, but shouldnt that decision be up to me and not the government?
ralphbefree
Quote:
I used to want to champion this cause when my Dad said something to me: "We all have to pick our battles, some fight for freedom, some for equality. Do you really want to be the one who fights for getting **** up?"


We live in a system that perpetuates living farther away from nature. Living in a system constructed to shape our reality. a Reality that is not intuned with nature, but rather intuned with the Channel 2 News.

Of all the "recreational drugs" Cannabinoids are special. They are placed in thier own special catagory because they effect humans differently than any other drug type. Unlike Opiates or Narcotics or Barbituates; Cannibinoids do not mimic other chemicals to attach to receptor sites. Rather our minds are equiped with receptors specially designed to recieve the THC chemical. These receptors along with the message that they send are in part responsible for the spiritual effect that many feel when they have smoked cannabis.
In fact cannabis is the only "recreational drug" that has been popularized in religion in different regions of the world. I.E. the sadus of india and the rastafarians of Jamaca.

Although the media has portrayed the use of smoking marijuana with the act of "getting f*ckedup" but I would like to say that there is more than that. It can be a vehicle to allow one to grow spiritually. ---

And that is a Cause worth Fighting for-- Spiritual Liberty from the clenches of capitalism --
_-WU-_-TANG-_
I agree with you dude. It doesn't harm you, some say it's like smoking a cig in relatinship to your lungs but cigs are legal. Honestly, the only reason weed is illegal is because the government can't tax it. People will continue to buy it from dealers like they do now. Nothing would change. If they can't make money off of it, it's illegal.
HoboPelican
This topic is being discussed here.

-Locked-
Related topics
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.