FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[PHP] mod_rewrite

phileplanet
I am having a lot of trouble getting this to work. I don't really know a lot about it but I think I have it som...eciated.

EDIT: Ok actually it works now. I was checking it the wrong way. I do still have a predicament though. Since the file acts like another directory, the images and the style sheets are not linked properly. How would I fix this?
phileplanet
Quote:
I am having a lot of trouble getting this to work. I don't really know a lot about it but I think I have it som...eciated.

EDIT: Ok actually it works now. I was checking it the wrong way. I do still have a predicament though. Since the file acts like another directory, the images and the style sheets are not linked properly. How would I fix this?
shalmoli
Try using absolute paths rather than relative path.
Since mod_rewrite is not true redirection, providing asolute path may help. "Classic" redirection is done with the Location: header of the HTTP protocol, and tells the browser itself to go to another URL. Mod_rewrite 'tricks' the browser, and serves the page as if it were really there - that's why this is an URL rewriter and not a simple redirector . This can be verified from HTTP headers sent and received.