FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

House M.D

Tanjiro
House is a fantastic drama featuring Hugh Lorrie playing a special case diagnostition named Gregory House. He is unfriendly and antisocial, yet he still manages to be likeable. Each episode contains a new patient with a problem that always takes most of the episode to resolve. House is very funny, in a sarcastic, and often hurtful way. It's very good.

Does anyone else watch this show? What are your thoughts on it?
ainieas
The show is starting here on March 2nd. After reading your review I think I'll give it a watch!
matt87
I have seen one episode of this and I found it to be very interesing. I am now watching it more often. For those of you who haven't seen it yet or haven't heard of it you have to see it. I like the way Hugh Lorrie character is and his intelligence in how the mind works.
Scaramanga
If you like your medical shows with a healthy dose of acerbic wit, then House is definitely for you. Actually come ot think of it, even if you just like VERY acerbic wit and sarcasm, and to hell with the medicine, then this show might be for you. Very Happy
SunburnedCactus
I really like it. Even though each episode tends to pan out the same (i.e. patient comes in with a 'regular' problem, it gets worse, they try loads of different things to fix it, then someone (usually House) comes up with a 'crazy' solution which just happens to work).

But seriously, it's great!
Jayfarer
I love House, M.D.

Hugh Laurie became one of my favorite actors through this series. It is just so damn good. People complain that half the episodes fall into a formula, but I dont really care. The formula doesn't hinder the plot, and it's still immensely entertaining. The characters are clever, dramatic, interesting, conflicted, everything about the show is great.

I'm worried that it gets overshadowed by "Grey's Anatomy", which everyone else seems to watch. I hope House goes on for at least a couple more years, and gets a final episode to wrap things up. House is just a great character that deserves a complete ending.
raikura
It's ok, but i hate doctor House, he takes things to lightly. His patients always survives. (even know he trys like eighty different things on them) and he's always right. its pretty much reality tv meets surgery television. I mean honestly, that one episode where they find out a supermodel is actually a man. How can you watch that and consider jerry springer to be stupid.... o.O
matt87
raikura wrote:
It's ok, but i hate doctor House, he takes things to lightly. His patients always survives. (even know he trys like eighty different things on them) and he's always right. its pretty much reality tv meets surgery television. I mean honestly, that one episode where they find out a supermodel is actually a man. How can you watch that and consider jerry springer to be stupid.... o.O

I seen that episode and I don't think anyone would have ever guessed shes a man. Its one of those things that you don't think is possible.
Scaramanga
matt87 wrote:
raikura wrote:

I seen that episode and I don't think anyone would have ever guessed shes a man. Its one of those things that you don't think is possible.

Ironically enough, after that episode aired, our local news had a story about the "girl's" condition, and how it's more prevalent than people suspect. Shocked