FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My site... rate it!

Sharkbite86
Here is the link to my site:

http://sharkbite86.byethost32.com/

its not really anything exciting really... some of the links are broken and most of the vids do not work because of the limits of my current web service... its really more for educational purposes for me but i thought i would post it here and see what you guys thought of the layout and such.

Plus i get points so i can use frihost instead of the junk I'm currenly using Wink .
Sharkbite86
What no comments? sheesh... i thought this place would be a bit busyer in the forums Rolling Eyes . Oh well its all good i suppose Razz . I still need to edit the forum on it. The forum is supposed to match the backgraound of the main site... but i have not gotten around to that yet because i plan on moving my site to... you guessed it, here! Cool
testoo
It's nice but the ads in top of your page is a strange a bit...
I love Macintosh too so i can't tell you any other critics Wink
Sharkbite86
Hey thanks!

Bah yea i hate those ads Evil or Very Mad they really mess up the coolness of the page... you see why i want hosting here!! Razz Wink
hsadmin
Nice layout..

I've never been able to flip a scorpian tank over with a plasma grenade.. Mabye theres a problem here..
Animal
I quite like the simple layout, it's quite a clean design and easy to navigate. Your "Weblog" link doesn't work from your homepage - I just get a page that shows stuff like this:

Quote:
{ message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Couldn't obtain weblogs information.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); } } else if ( !empty($username) ) { $sql = "SELECT w.*, u.* FROM " . WEBLOGS_TABLE . " w, " . USERS_TABLE . " u WHERE w.weblog_id = u.user_weblog AND u.username = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $username) . "'"; if( !$result = $db->sql_query($sql) ) { message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Couldn't obtain weblogs information.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); } } else { message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, 'Weblog_not_exist'); } $weblog_data = array(); if( !($weblog_data = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) )

Only there's absolutely loads of it. The link seems to work from other pages though.

My main suggestion would be to change the skin on your forum to match the rest of the site so that it "feels" like you're in the same place. There are hundreds of free space-related skins available on the web, so I think that would really help.

Otherwise, it's pretty nice!
AffroThund3r
I like it.

In particular I like the menu on the left and the rollover to make the button transparent, not something that is rocket science to do but I've never thought of it and may consider it in future!

Thanks Smile
Blaster
The design was good. I like how the starts were and everything. I would suggest moving the ads to make the planet or what ever it is look more real. Good design though i like it.
Sharkbite86
Animal wrote:
I quite like the simple layout, it's quite a clean design and easy to navigate. Your "Weblog" link doesn't work from your homepage - I just get a page that shows stuff like this:

Quote:
{ message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Couldn't obtain weblogs information.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); } } else if ( !empty($username) ) { $sql = "SELECT w.*, u.* FROM " . WEBLOGS_TABLE . " w, " . USERS_TABLE . " u WHERE w.weblog_id = u.user_weblog AND u.username = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $username) . "'"; if( !$result = $db->sql_query($sql) ) { message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Couldn't obtain weblogs information.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); } } else { message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, 'Weblog_not_exist'); } $weblog_data = array(); if( !($weblog_data = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) )

Only there's absolutely loads of it. The link seems to work from other pages though.

My main suggestion would be to change the skin on your forum to match the rest of the site so that it "feels" like you're in the same place. There are hundreds of free space-related skins available on the web, so I think that would really help.

Otherwise, it's pretty nice!

yea my blog is really messed up at the moment im not sure why... its something with the blog host i am using... not my fault!! Razz

witht the forums that was completely the idea... in fact i even stole the background from the forum skin i was using so eveything would match... i just reinstalled the forum so i ahve not had time to add the skin

Also, im going to move my site to frihost as soon s i can but it looks like frihost is not accepting new hosting at the moment Sad ... when i move my site over to frihost i will fix the froum so that everything matches... Cool
Sharkbite86
hsadmin wrote:
Nice layout..

I've never been able to flip a scorpian tank over with a plasma grenade.. Mabye theres a problem here..

hehe yea, i did that a while ago using my Mac and the Mac version of halo... i used a plazma nade then a frag nade then fired a rocket right when the nades exploded... it gives enough power to flip it completely over if your not careful Razz ...

The graphics on the vid for halo really suck because my mac is old and slow lol... that also explains why its kinda jumpy (recording program + halo= super slow comp)

Blaster wrote:
The design was good. I like how the starts were and everything. I would suggest moving the ads to make the planet or what ever it is look more real. Good design though i like it.

I cant move the ads Sad its the host i am currently using they place ads in the code... it sucks Evil or Very Mad ... anyway, as i hav said before when i move to frihost this site will be a LOT better Wink
Blaster
I was looking more at your site now that i have a little more time. When you get your frihost account you should upload phpbb to your site. http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24837.html this person will do it for you. He was really good and fast at putting it in. I am going to join your forum and try to make it more exciting. If you want you can make me an admin or mod your choice Very Happy
Blaster
When i tried to regrestir in your forum I got a dubug problem. Just thought i would let you know.
husker
The style of your forum doesn't match the style of your site. I think you based the site of "Solar" and then used "subsilver" as your style. Shouldn't you use Solar for both?
Sharkbite86
Blaster wrote:
I was looking more at your site now that i have a little more time. When you get your frihost account you should upload phpbb to your site. http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24837.html this person will do it for you. He was really good and fast at putting it in. I am going to join your forum and try to make it more exciting. If you want you can make me an admin or mod your choice Very Happy

lol nah im ok i can install it myself (im a geek like that so...) Rolling Eyes

Blaster wrote:
When i tried to regrestir in your forum I got a dubug problem. Just thought i would let you know.

yea its an email thing i dont have an smtp account that works with phpbb so i cant send anyone a conformtion email... i can however activate your account manually...

husker wrote:
The style of your forum doesn't match the style of your site. I think you based the site of "Solar" and then used "subsilver" as your style. Shouldn't you use Solar for both?

try reading the above post... i said what the problem was... Rolling Eyes
Sharkbite86
dang whenever i try to sign up for a hosting account at frihost all i get is this:

No new requests will be accepted until mid february.

but its the end of feb! Shocked Question Brick wall
Blaster
Don't worry it will be up soon. It is worth the wait so just be patient. Its an awesome hosting so trust me just wait. No ads! you get what you wait for. Very Happy
Sharkbite86
Blaster wrote:
No ads! you get what you wait for. Very Happy

haha awesome quote Razz you should patent it Wink
Blaster
Blaster wrote:
No ads! you get what you wait for. Very Happy

Very Happy
hobbes
Nice layout, I really like the colours. After reading your "build a webserver" it reminded me that I was supposed to try that, except with a pc and some version of linux. I got an old pc in my basement, but like the motherboard or something is messed up so i cant fix it. I guess I will have to try and get another one.
AG007
I like your desing. Like the planet on top, to bad the ads on the top make the planet come down. Confused Confused Confused Confused
todabeat
its very nice and simple. that usually gets you good rating from me, but when it comes to black backgrounds. it makes sites look very crappy and cheap. Unless you know how to use it. i would get rid of the black background, it looks like the site is about HALO. why dont you use some dark green stuff or something like that
Blaster
todabeat wrote:
its very nice and simple. that usually gets you good rating from me, but when it comes to black backgrounds. it makes sites look very crappy and cheap. Unless you know how to use it. i would get rid of the black background, it looks like the site is about HALO. why dont you use some dark green stuff or something like that

I like the dark green idea. The way he made the background i think looks good. The simple background is good. I would keep it.
budazz
its too simple for me....and the banner bothers me... hehehe Very Happy
mokhi
hello this is mokhi..i really found your site intersting..good information and work.. Very Happy
Animal
Closed this topic - there has been another on this site started here.

Please read the rules - only one topic is allowed per site. Update your old topic in future.

-close-