FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Introductions a problem?

Blaster
I think you should make it so that you don't recive points for Introductions. Too many people abuse this power with posts like
Lennon wrote:
You look great, actually drop dead gorgeous Razz

Just your website wouldn't be as great without you.
You've officially been discoverd.

And...
Lennon wrote:
I like your avatar.
You have to fill in some ex-navy stories in the general chat, we'd love to hear.

Keep on popping in

Lennon wrote:
Just thought I'd say hi.
You'll get noticed the more often you pop around. Like to see you get involved. I really like it here too.

Don't let me just single out Lennon here.

manumiglani wrote:
Hello Govind Ji,

Welcome to Frihost Community!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manumiglani wrote:
Hello Marc,

Welcome to Frihost COmmunity!!!!!!!!!

So many of these post go on in this section. I would think it either needs better moderating or you should just not give points for that section.
Soulfire
Well, it's not like they received any huge amount of points for those posts... Why not just get rid of the entire points system, because short little messages like that appear everywhere?
n0obie4life
Oh well, we have already noted several spammers in the Introductions forum..
Esnetni
yea but you can just disable the post count in that forum I am planning to do that in my forum cause people tend to spam just to get more post and I just hate it.
I have an introduction forum in mine so you know spammers.
Im going to do it right now.
n0obie4life
Esnetni wrote:
yea but you can just disable the post count in that forum I am planning to do that in my forum cause people tend to spam just to get more post and I just hate it.
I have an introduction forum in mine so you know spammers.
Im going to do it right now.

But the point of the introductions forum is to let people introduce themselves. Maybe I'll try to find a way to disable points for REPLIES in that forum.
Blaster
n0obie4life wrote:
But the point of the introductions forum is to let people introduce themselves. Maybe I'll try to find a way to disable points for REPLIES in that forum.

That would work. Just something so you don't have people spamming. It annoys me to go in there and see all down the right side i.e. Blaster
Blaster
Blaster
and so on and so on.
n0obie4life
Don't go into the introductions forum then..I'm sure it's not difficult.
Jack_Hammer
Blaster, it's not such a big problem now you don't have that crucial first point that you got just for posting, they used to do this type something small in but lots of posts (resulting in lots of points) but now the points system has changed they don't recieve anywhere near the ammounts they would of one before.

P.S n0obie I guess this new points system has it's upsides?
James007
I already suggested it behind the scenes Razz
And those people do get warnings. Smile

James Smile
Blaster
James007 wrote:
I already suggested it behind the scenes Razz
And those people do get warnings. Smile

James Smile

I try to tell someone about it when i see it. I am glad people are doing something about it otherwise it could have been a big problem.
manumiglani
edited ~~~~
n0obie4life
manumiglani wrote:
i do not care the hell about any points or frihs, i can donate whatever amount of frihs the admin wants from me. also i everytime see whats written by the user in his/her post, i mention his/her name if he/she writes it , i mostly welcome the person who have 0 replies on their introduction just to welcome them . i try to solve their initial problems they ask about in the introductions forum.

I wouldn't mind if you send some to me Laughing

manumiglani wrote:
if you still think i am a spammer, just send me a warning and i will go from frihost for ever.

The topic author isn't a moderator Wink. So, he can't do anything about you, yet.
Helios
If they're getting small amount of points for a small message,
then what's the problem?
Can't people greet newbies?

When I registered at FriHost and posted my post on the Intro. forum, I saw some people who welcomed me, and it made me feel good.
It's nice to see that such big community as FriHost still welcomes newbies.

Spammers?
Leave that to the mods. Don't worry about that.
Tumbleweed
The way I see it replying to introduction posts is at worst good manners...Maybe Ive got spam all messed up in my mind but I thought spam was useless posts, advertising and chainletters!
I for one was glad I had two (yes two) replys to my intro post.....and If they are spam then let ppl spam away to there hearts content
Helios
Whether it's spam or not, if Bondings allows that forum to be open, it will stay open.