FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Searching for imagination...

Do you play Text based based MMORPG's ?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

raver
Ok, finally i've decided to take up an old ideea of mine, which i didn't have time before. So i started writing an online text based (which will later be ported to 2d) fantasy MMORPG. For those who don't know what that means here is the long version:
Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
In these kind of games the user emerges in a world full of elves, dwarfs, humans, or maybe undeads, trolls, orcs and goblins, learning skills and how to battle each other, developing their characters trying to become the best in the game. I am searching for people with imagination, who can think of names, places, quests and the like. Those who help will receive my appreciation Smile or maybe if they want to involve themselves in this wonderful project can receive administrative rights to the game. I'm thinking of doing this as an open-source project, so you will be getting also lot's of free advertising for your website. And besides this, you will have alot of fun.
I'm busy coding this project, and beeing just one programmer this is taking up all of my time, so i really need help.
For anyone who just wants to help a little, maybe you can post a small quest, or any ideeas you may have. I await your replies and thank you.
testoo
Hi raver!
As you should already have seen, I'm not really good at coding but i can find ideas for you. Your projet is quite interesting and i hope it will come through.. But before i can help you, I need to know how will be your text-based MMORPG... How will the players play and what do you need, doc, pictures, site, ideas... Have you got a website about it...?
Regards
raver
Hy testoo and thank you for replying. It would be best if we can find an instant messenger service so we can chat in real - time about this project. the hosting will be here at frihost, seeing that after the hdd failure incident i am in no mood to start rebuilding my php portal. Ideeas, i have lots of ideeas, i already did a preliminary plan, got all the ideeas in my head and hopefully i will soon finish a first version, berely playable but on which to start expanding and evolving. So, i await your pm (hopefully you have Yahoo messenger)
Thank you once again.
Zuwiki
I play a few MUDs, most are Shadowrun based. I don't see why everyone hates them. One of my friends said it's too hard to type that much. lmao...

It's the same with Linux. It's disgusting. People are just too afraid to do something new...

By the way, when you release your game to the public, be sure to tell me and I'll play.
Soulfire
Ah yes, if I had any clue how to code this is what I would do. For as long as I can remember I wanted to have my own fantasy game, text-based starting and moving to bigger things.

But I'm simply not good enough for that.
Vrythramax
raver wrote:
Hy testoo and thank you for replying. It would be best if we can find an instant messenger service so we can chat in real - time about this project. the hosting will be here at frihost, seeing that after the hdd failure incident i am in no mood to start rebuilding my php portal. Ideeas, i have lots of ideeas, i already did a preliminary plan, got all the ideeas in my head and hopefully i will soon finish a first version, berely playable but on which to start expanding and evolving. So, i await your pm (hopefully you have Yahoo messenger)
Thank you once again.

You two could always use the Frihost IRC channel on Dalnet and just enter into a DCC chat....it would then be a private coversation in real time.

Good luck and I hope this helps a little.
raver
Vrythramax wrote:

You two could always use the Frihost IRC channel on Dalnet and just enter into a DCC chat....it would then be a private coversation in real time.

Good luck and I hope this helps a little.

Well the few times i've entered the #frihost channel i found myself to be alone.. and i really don't like using IRC.
But besides that, common, is there really no one out there who dreams dragons and unicorns, heroic battles and noble love stories? Very Happy
Vrythramax
Just trying to help a little Raver....but I know what you mean about #frihost, every time I go there it's empty.

And your not alone in dreams of dragons....just look at my nick Wink
ocalhoun
Just visit your local library and raid the fantasy section. After your'e done reading, you should hav a wealth of names and places.
thiamshui
text MMORPGs? sounds boring.. i did play games like that before.. but it is quick to get tired of it.. now people want graphics, nice ones to keep that captivatted..