FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does FriHost get out of the forums and free hosting?

machine

Just curious as to what the website gets out of this whole deal, outside of ad revenue (obviously)... or is that all it is?

Word...

Dean The Machine
Devil
well it is simple , we form a community ,

if bonding ever wanted to sell this forum ,he would get more then 2000$

but for now frihost survives on Ads ,
n0obie4life
Bondings' aim is to make a great webmaster community and take over Google and Microsoft.
NuniPio
n0obie4life wrote:
Bondings' aim is to make a great webmaster community and take over Google and Microsoft.

i sure hope he does!! cant wait for that day Laughing
hangnhu
you guys have ads here? i thought it was ad free, also i haven't seen any???
n0obie4life
hangnhu wrote:

Please do not use any adblockers while coming on our forum! It breaks the Forum Rules.
Vrythramax
hangnhu wrote:

The ads are on the forum pages not on your website....a very good idea when you think about it, every time you load a forum page Bondings gets 2 or 3 ad impressions.

Bondings Rules
Mgccl
what? it acualy works with more than one ad on a page?
great...
but what about the ads in the reply, I don't know is which company's website....
But I still don't think Ads can get enough money, think about it,
page impression !=money
clicks is the factor that matters.....

like when I get to this forum, I almost never click on the ads(except I did by accendient)

So I still don't think there will be enough money to cover the cost of 2 servers
ignition
What does bondings get out of this? A huge community, a successful forum, and the honor of creating a well-renowned free webhost. Plus the praise of well over ten thousand people. Pretty good deal I'd say, considering the ads probably more than cover the costs.

ps - and what do those ten thousand+ people get? an awesome, free host!! Good deal for everybody, cheers all around Very Happy
n0obie4life
ignition wrote:
ps - and what do those ten thousand+ people get? an awesome, free host!! Good deal for everybody, cheers all around Very Happy

10000/2 = 5000
kolinraff
yeah.. i believe that its a great idea to have people post before getting their hosting plan. Its an amazing deal for everyone, all the members get their hosting everyone else gets what they want! Very Happy Surprised Smile
Jayfarer
I know the ads keep the free hosting, but because of the nature of Google ads, all I see are ads for web hosting.
Scorpio
Letting us host for free is certainly not going to make us complain.
We have to be grateful that someone is honestly doing this instead of the other fraudulent sites.
As said earlier they may survive on ads, but nobody's complaining.
narc
machine wrote:

He gets to look at all of our source code that we upload to his servers Smile

(did I just say that outloud?)

He gets to sniff our web content from the inside ;P

(damn'it, stop saying this stuff out loud)

He gets to {err... account closed, membership terminated}
dexterius
I'm too really interested in this. I dont unterstand, what is the cource on money for FriHost. It's nice to have cool page and working forum, but this need money to work ...
Blaster
Frihost is getting the money that is supporting us from ads. Hopefully that will keep frihost alive and bondings won't have to look for another way to keep frihost up.
Ashis Kumar
Blaster wrote:
Frihost is getting the money that is supporting us from ads. Hopefully that will keep frihost alive and bondings won't have to look for another way to keep frihost up.

Money money money that matters to the owner...cuz they need it to keep the hosting alive!

Beside Its also bout community! Wink
Fenix
Are the only ads he has the google ad sense? I use firefox so I don't know if it is blocking some of them or not.
baldheadedgames
Quote:
Are the only ads he has the google ad sense? I use firefox so I don't know if it is blocking some of them or not.

I use firefox too, and I still se ad's so I don't think they are being blocked, you just don't notice ad's that much when they're not flashing or making popups or making sounds, or anoying you, the're just there and you don't even notice them that much. Very Happy
dexterius
There are some ads ?? I havent seen any Laughing
faker
any how we should be greatful considering frihost give such a great service with just some ad on the forum and not on the website
ashok
This webmaster community is the best of it's kind i've seen till now..
scotty
Devil wrote:
well it is simple , we form a community ,

if bonding ever wanted to sell this forum ,he would get more then 2000$

but for now frihost survives on Ads ,

Fantastic service, well it's free!

But I struggle to see how you can sell a forum and get $2000. Why would somebody wish to pay for a forum? It seems like buying friends to me, creating the forum isn't, that's developing a community which Bondings has done very well, buying is just seems silly.
yaashop
Quote:
He gets to look at all of our source code that we upload to his servers

(did I just say that outloud?)

He gets to sniff our web content from the inside ;P

(damn'it, stop saying this stuff out loud)

He gets to {err... account closed, membership terminated}

OMG he did that!? (laughing)
it's good idea. Actually that's the thing i always do (stealing their ideas and adapted to be mine Haha)
haak_heu
frihost earn money from google ads here on forum , more you post more money is generated and so are expnses are reduced and profit is earned
because after 2 post there is coming a ad ...this is what money are coming
nonte
A very good strategy to earn money and traffic. It's good for users aswell as we get free webspace. hat's of for the webmaster. You rock.
Josso
I practically notice them anymore, it only takes a good few years of the internet before you totally block them out of your mind. It would be so lame if we had popups and potensially harmful ads but there are none here. It's not clicking on them (er... at least I don't think so anyway) surely it's just the traffic around the ads thats what the ad companys pay you for?
erlendhg
n0obie4life wrote:

That´s quite a big aim Razz Keep on working Very Happy
FerSx
Actually u get pay for how many people see the ADS in your web, so more traffic your web receive more money u receive from them, and YES that strange little blue box at the top.
oh didn’t notice there its another at the bottom Embarassed

And here its were Bondings' make the difference, he is using the cash he gets from only putting the ads on the forum, 20000 users generate a good traffic report Very Happy and not forcing u to click on them or put them to in your web page, so actually his maybe making enough to kip things running, not trying to get reach tnx to us, so a wild guess is that its more likely his doing it for the love of it, and for just that a big TNX to bondings and for this grate idea Applause

In other worlds more people here at the forum = more traffic = more money = more service to us the users, hoes gets a EXELENT free web service only for generating some traffic here at the forums, WIN WIN situation. Laughing
So only by reading the forum U r actually helping to keep this thing going... Dancing
haloguy
Ads Ads Ads...

They probally get paid per an impression. By requiring users to post regularly they get thousands of impressions a day.

I like it, its a win win cituation, because I don't mind coming in a rambeling a bit on various topics.

They get the cash from all of those impressions.

Does anyone ever click on any of the ads?
Just Curious.
Josso
Quote:
Does anyone ever click on any of the ads?
Just Curious.

Once or twice only, I've seen some other hosting (long term massive upgrades for my site) that I want to maybe buy in the next couple of years.