FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Deathmetal

btheday
Now your all probably think "Deathmetal, that bull, all they sing about is death and murder"

Not really, here is the song Stabbing The Drama by Soilwork:

Quote:
My declaration hurts, just wanna stab it right now!
Congratulations, you've found yourself
Been preaching too many times to an hysterical mind
So won't you fu*cking behave yourself..
-It's all in there, without despair
So you've saved your soul?
-It always depends who will deliver
Have you ever known
Such a beautiful mind that gives you shelter

I'm waiting for something to show,
I might as well...
-Just drag me down so low

I'm down the drain and I've got nothing to fear
With a polluted mind
I had my share of losing
-Don't you ever cross that line
Have you ever known

Break the record, in a second, cherish your mental weapons
Watch the progress from an aspect that's stabbing the drama inside..

I might as well...
My punishment
For being down so low

I can't believe how it used to be,
Selfish minds were abusing me
Self pity and determined to crawl
Manipulation of a merciful soul

[Solo: Frenning]

I might as well...
My punishment
For being down so low

Soilwork is more of an emo-Deathmetal band if you want to classify them.
darth_revan
death metal rules!
bestest bands are: cannibal corpse, Children of bodom and sepultura.
i like sweedish death metal too (some calls it "melodic death")
bestest sweedish bands: katatonia and Dark tranquillity

but i have to say that black metal is the best Very Happy
btheday
sweet I'll afta download sum of there songs and chek them out Very Happy

cannibal corpse is ok
Children of bodom kix a$$
sepultura all i gotta say is: YEAH Cool
ignitionnight
If you want real Death Metal check out Cryptopsy, Cattle Decapitation, and Pig Destroyer. These guys are amazing.
kolinraff
If you want the best death metal super band! check out the band called DEATH. CHUCK SCHULDINNER is the lead singer research about them ... theyre such a crazy band!! AMAZING GUITARIST AND DRUMMER! they are a super band!
IceCameron
Amon Armath
Burzum

those are pretty much the only deathmetal bands i like
darth_revan
Pig destroyer and burzum!?!? none of them is Deathmetal... pig destroyer is grindcore and burzum is... was black metal... it's nothing now...
Josso
Got subjected to a lot of talk about it by my friend that is really into it. I'm not narrow-minded - had a listen to Mayhem, Cradle of Filth and others... pretty cool I don't know what a lot of people complain about.
Zibé
darth_revan wrote:
Pig destroyer and burzum!?!? none of them is Deathmetal... pig destroyer is grindcore and burzum is... was black metal... it's nothing now...

Laughing , I had the same reaction for pig destroyer ( = death metal ???!!! Shocked )

But to me, the best death metal band is... avulsed !
a great brutal-death band from spain
supjapscrapper
Well the biggest problem about Metal is that there are so many genres and will be so many new in the future as long as there are creative minds still, but it makes no sense trying to differenciate on band exactly from another,
Who knows what style might be the next album of sepultura or cryptopsy.
Meanwhile Death metal is anice genre but with the time I've got definitely attracted to the more symphonic metal bands.
Rosanova
Death Metal and even Black Metal was actually based heavy Black Sabbath ryhmes and then never forget the Growling, no Death Metal without Growling.

I know that there is to many genres into nowadays metal, but you can easily split them upto following genres:

Stone Age:

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin etc.

Old School:

Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead etc.

Death Metal: (Sub genres; Doom, Grind)

Death, Morbid Angel, Deicide etc.

Black Metal:

Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, Darktrhone etc.

Thrash Metal:

Kreator, Destruction, Testament etc.

The rest is cross genres and subgenres.

Anyway who really cares, as the genres hasn't any thing to do with the music to do...Smile

My personally favorite Death Metal bands are allready mentioned above, and yes Death and violence is often included into their lyrics of pure Death Metal.

A to Z of Death Metal by Garry Sharpe-Young:

"Reviled and revered in equal measure since its inception over a decade ago the phenomenon known as Death Metal has pushed Hard Rock music to the very edge of acceptability, and way beyond. Death metal and its bastard offspring Grindcore, has become the pariah of the music world.
From the founding fathers Napalm Death, Carcass, Incantation, Impetigo, and Morbid Angel, to the rise of Swedish Death Metal legends In Flames, Carnage and At The Gates, the Black Death Metal of Marduk, the Christian Death Metal of Mortification and the political Noisecore of Agathocles."

Cheers!
Rosanova
Beware of the jungle of genres! As once before do I have to cites following again:

A To Z Of Thrash Metal by Garry Sharpe-Young:

"Thrash Metal. At first mocked by the Rock traditionalists Thrash would swamp the hard n’ heavy world propelling one of it’s own- Metallica, to the very pinnacle of Rock’s elite.

In the early 80s Thrash breathed new life into the Rock scene providing older acts with a much needed kick. This new force opened the floodgates to armies of teens armed with flying Vs, bullet belts and a sense of purpose that would fuel genres such as Thrashcore, Crossover and technical Speed Metal. Without Thrash there would be no Death Metal, no Black Metal. That explosion of aggression has seen subsequent afterblasts, most recently Europe and South America has seen a genuine renaissance of Thrash Metal."

If you're a true headbangers can I warmly recommand you to visit following site, where I almost can promise you that you would get all answers about Metal generally, and it also include an online encyclopedia where you can find the most of bands into this unmercyful genre of rock'n'roll...

http://www.rockdetector.com

Anyway thanks for this forum, I think that we could have many funny discussions in here.

Cheers!
anticitizen1
the best band DEATH.
Rosanova
anticitizen1 wrote:
the best band DEATH.

Agree...Smile

Chuck Schuldiner
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

"Charles Michael (Chuck) Schuldiner (May 13, 1967, Long Island, New York – December 13, 2001) was an American musician. He is best known for being the founder, singer, virtuoso rhythm/lead guitar player and main song writer of Death, which he founded in 1983 as Mantas. Much later, in 1998, he founded the band Control Denied. He was also an innovator and pioneer of death metal (even though the creation of the genre can be attributed to a few bands that preceded Death/Mantas) and was one of the most influential metal guitarists. His band Death was one of the first bands to implement jazz structure in Death Metal."

R.I.P.
anxiety1
im going to see cannibal corpse in april!! shud be pretty gorey

also ive seen decapitated- awesome

and Gorerotted - best death metal band ive seen!!
Rosanova
Hi there,

It seems like that there haven't been much action into this topic, so therefor would I withn' this weekend try to post some tourdates etc.

Have a nice weekend
Cheers!
Rosanova
MORBID ANGEL

Masters of Chaos Tour 2006

w/ Behemoth
Krisiun
Despised Icon

04/02/2006 Culture Room Fort Lauderdale FL
04/04/2006 House Of Blues, Lake Buena Vista FL
04/05/2006 The Masquerade Atlanta, GA
04/06/2006 Jaxx West Springfield, VA
04/07/2006 The Chance Poughkeepsie, NY
04/08/2006 The Palladium Worcester, MA
04/09/2006 BB Kings Blues New York City, NY
04/11/2006 Medley Montreal, QUE
04/12/2006 The Opera House Toronto, ONT
04/13/2006 Peabody's Cleveland, OH
04/14/2006 The Pearl Room Mokena, IL
04/15/2006 Station 4 St. Paul, MN
04/18/2006 El Corazon Seattle, WA
04/19/2006 Roseland Theater Portland, OR
04/20/2006 The Pound San Francisco, CA
04/21/2006 The Pound San Francisco, CA
04/22/2006 Galaxy Theater Santa Ana, CA
04/23/2006 Key Club Los Angeles. CA
04/24/2006 Marquee Club Tempe, AZ
04/25/2006 Sunshine Theater Albuquerque, NM
04/26/2006 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO
04/28/2006 The Zone El Paso, TX
04/29/2006 White Rabbit San Antonio, TX
04/30/2006 The Ballroom Corpus Christi, TX
05/01/2006 Engine Room Houston, TX
05/03/2005 The Masquerade Tampa, FL
Rosanova
Apr 5 2006 8:00P
GALAXY THEATRE Snata Ana, CA
Apr 6 2006 8:00P
The Showcase Theatre Corona, CA
Apr 7 2006 8:00P
House of Rock N Roll El Paso, T
Apr 8 2006 8:00P
Metal Devastation Phoenix, AZ
Apr 9 2006 8:00P
The Knitting Factory Hollywood, CA
Apr 10 2006 8:00P
Fat Cats Music House Modesto, CA
Apr 11 2006 8:00P
Studio 7 Seattle, WA
Apr 12 2006 8:00P
Fat Tuesdays Spokane, WA
Apr 13 2006 8:00P
Rock ‘N Roll Pizza Portland, OR
Apr 14 2006 8:00P
Bourbon Street Concord, CA
Apr 15 2006 8:00P
The Boardwalk Orangevale, CA
Apr 16 2006 6:00P
The Jumping Turtle San Marcos, CA
Jun 17 2006 8:00P
Metalliga Open Air Dornbirn
Jun 23 2006 8:00P
Hell Fest Clisson
Jun 24 2006 8:00P
Graspop Dessel
Jun 30 2006 8:00P
With Full Force Leipzig
Jul 1 2006 8:00P
Waldrock Burgum
alex_ru
i like old school deth metal death.benediction.cannibal corpse.therion.hypocrisy...and others bands
soulman
Children of Bodom is my favorite bands, speedly and nice guitar
IceCameron
The deathmetal supersquad Cool
Sickness
Brutal death metal is my favourite style...

Bands like Nile, Brujería, Kataklysm, Decapitated...
Rosanova
Hi there,

Six Feet Under, old school Death Metal. Visit them on following url:

http://www.sfu420.com

Cheers!
webek
I love metal! especially that one.
From metal I prefer SlipKnot, KoRn, Childern of Bodom, Sepultura, Vader, Totem and a lot of diffrent bands.
I almost forget about Slayer - this is so good...
Rosanova
webek wrote:
I love metal! especially that one.
From metal I prefer SlipKnot, KoRn, Childern of Bodom, Sepultura, Vader, Totem and a lot of diffrent bands.
I almost forget about Slayer - this is so good...

About slayer, check thrash metal sektion for tourdates.

Cheers!
pagan_prota
Newer Carcass is my choice for all time favorite death metal band.
Rosanova
anxiety1 wrote:
im going to see cannibal corpse in april!! shud be pretty gorey

also ive seen decapitated- awesome

and Gorerotted - best death metal band ive seen!!

Hi,

I'm extremly excited to hear how it was at Cannibal Corpse you where at in April. Please tell us about it here.

Cheers!
burzum
Rosanova wrote:
anticitizen1 wrote:
the best band DEATH.

Agree...Smile

agree too Smile
legion
when i think of death metal it pops up this band : Thanatos . i don't know how many of you listened to this band but they are so cool and damn fast

as for the others the top of the list it should be DEATH (the fathers of this genre)
Rosanova
legion wrote:
when i think of death metal it pops up this band : Thanatos . i don't know how many of you listened to this band but they are so cool and damn fast

as for the others the top of the list it should be DEATH (the fathers of this genre)

A band more to check out. I went into their homesite, and they seems like that it is a band that have interesting.

That Death is the fathers of Death Metal has been mentioned a couple of times, and I don't think that any would try to discuss that fact.

Cheers!
achene
i like some death metal. mostly melodeath like in flames, dark tranquility.
i dont like black metal since mostly alle black metal bands sings about believing in the older norse gods, which is againts my person since im christian. its not the same with death metal cause alot of the bands out there sings a lot of different topics.,
Hobbit
I think Blink 182 is one of the best death metal bands out there.
Rosanova
achene wrote:
i like some death metal. mostly melodeath like in flames, dark tranquility.
i dont like black metal since mostly alle black metal bands sings about believing in the older norse gods, which is againts my person since im christian. its not the same with death metal cause alot of the bands out there sings a lot of different topics.,

I'm sad that you haven't get into the world of Black Metal of the reason that they only are influred by norse mythology, without these classic Black Metal Bands who prefer to be influred by satanism, does there as far I know actually also exist Christian Black Metal, I can't exactly remember any names right now, but belive it or not I have actually some day "by mistake" had been entered a page with an surch band.

But it's lucky that there exist an cathagory for everyones taste.

Cheers!
Archetype
In terms of death metal, I like stuff like

Hypocrisy
Decapitated
Suffocation
Fear Factory (When they were death with SONAM, but they're still my favorite group)
Cryptopsy

That's a short list that I didn't put any time into. Sad
Rosanova
Hi there,

Some boring news. Evil or Very Mad

The http://www.deathmetal.com page is down.

I've been into there several times to find out what happens on the Death Metal scene, and also learned alot of new bands to know.

Is there some other who knows some alternative sites?

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

Long time no go.. Cool

It has to be the time to make an top five or ten favorite Death Metal poll. I'll think that we make the poll withn' the timeframe from today and a until the 16. september, and thereafter would I count the adds of nominations and further publish them here.

My nomination is as follow:

1) Death
2) Deicide
3) Morbid Angel
4) Dismember
5) Sepultura
6) Therion
7) Slayer
Cool Hypocrisy
9) Entombed
10) Nuclear Death

You can add your top 5 or 10 as you like.

See You,

Cheers!
azaghal
ORNO EDIT: GRR I HATE SPAM Mad Evil or Very Mad
eqdsign
i really like the death-metal bands from sweden (melodic-death), my favourite is Opeth (Death-Metal; Progressive), followed by In Flames, Soilwork, Hypocrisy.

Besides these i really like brutal-gore death too... my fav is Cannibal Corpse Wink
Rosanova
eqdsign wrote:
i really like the death-metal bands from sweden (melodic-death), my favourite is Opeth (Death-Metal; Progressive), followed by In Flames, Soilwork, Hypocrisy.

Besides these i really like brutal-gore death too... my fav is Cannibal Corpse Wink

Hi,

Funny to hear from others who is like me. I'm also listning to everything from soft core to hard core. One thing is generally for me, I don't listning to something commercially crap, only music for the music and nothing else.

Cheers!
jcvincent
Death metal is good.

But I like more progressive and gothic metal. Trash and speed.
Helios
Bolt thrower, Opeth, Amon Amarth, At The Gates - Great death bands. Very Happy
Rosanova
Helios wrote:
Bolt thrower, Opeth, Amon Amarth, At The Gates, Betzefer - Great, great death bands. Very Happy

Hi,

It sounds like that you're into Swedish Metal, great as they have much to offer. I also think that Sweden have much to thanks Bathory (R.I.P.) for the introduction into the underground area. Have you also tried to listen to Vintersorg?

Cheers!
Helios
Vintersorg? I'm afraid I haven't, but I will following your recommendation! Very Happy
ThornsOfSorrow
Vintersorg is incredible! And of course, you can't forget about his work in Borknagar and Fission as well. He somehow has the ability to make albums that sound both heavy and relaxing at the same time (kind of like Agalloch does as well). I don't know how he does it, but it's great!

As far as death metal in general goes, I used to LOVE death/black metal, but then I turned into a progsnob, so I don't really listen to anything that heavy anymore. Of course there are exceptiong (like Vintersorg), but not many.
Sickness
Have you listened Dying Fetus?? It's also a very very good brutal death metal band...
ThornsOfSorrow
Hehe, Dying Fetus's "Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog" is a very sick, but very fun song. This thread brings back memories... (of death metal, not of raping dogs Shocked )
Sickness
hehehe

Another one of the best Death Metal albums is "Matando Güeros" by Brujería. Have you listened it?
Sickness
Another good brutal death metal band is Kevlar Skin, from Spain...

You can listen to them here:

www.myspace.com/kevlarskin
Abysmo
Since this is a Death Metal thread, I shall propose the sub-genre of TechDeath, I'm not talking fusion bands like Cynic or Atheist - I'm not too big on the jazziness for whatever reason. A few people have already suggested Cryptopsy, but neglected to mention a few other bands from the very wicked French-Canadian metal scene. Gorguts are one of the most extreme bands you'll ever hear, their album Obscura is one of the most insane things you'll ever hear I swear. Quo Vadis also kick ass, they're like a TechDeath mixed with MeloDeath, very cool IMO. But as far as TechDeath or plain old normal death metal for that, the VERY BEST BAND IN THE WORLD IS PSYCROPTIC! Very brutal band from Australia.
Ozzy
DEATH METAL!!

The death metal bands i mostly listen to are:

Death
Cannibal Corpse
Possessed
Slayer
Nile
Krisiun
Entombed
Dismember
In Flames
Runemagick
Paganizer
Arch Enemy
Amon Amarth
God Dethroned
Morbid Angel
Deicide
Vital Remains
The Chasm
Angel Corpse
Soilwork
Children Of Bodom
Blood Stain Child
Rosanova
Ozzy wrote:
DEATH METAL!!

The death metal bands i mostly listen to are:

Death
Cannibal Corpse
Possessed
Slayer
Nile
Krisiun
Entombed
Dismember
In Flames
Runemagick
Paganizer
Arch Enemy
Amon Amarth
God Dethroned
Morbid Angel
Deicide
Vital Remains
The Chasm
Angel Corpse
Soilwork
Children Of Bodom
Blood Stain Child

Hi there,

Finaly someone who really got the true idea what true Death Metal is about, and you didn't even forgot the true inventors of Death Metal "Death" themselves" R.I.P.

Many things can be saying about Death Metal, but onething is for sure and that is it's pure and true aggression, what ever what kind of aggression it's about. In your list you had mentioned every colors withn' the genre of Death Metal.

Someone said for many years ago, that "Punk is not death" the same would I say about Death Metal as the next level of Rock'n'Roll revolusion.

And finally as someone also said for many years ago "You can't kill rock'n'roll, it's here to stay"
Smile

Cheers! And keep the good music going
Rosanova
Hi there,

I got the latest Slayer "'Christ Illusion" the other day. I might say that it's the best Slayer that I've heard since "Seasons in the Abyss". A really a most buy album.

Cheers!
tingkagol
death metal is like the dead end of music for those who're sick and tired of the songs played on the radio. and once you get there, you aren't going anywhere- and you stick and defend the genre like it's your balls or something. everything else will be deemed uncool.
Fenroy
Here's one I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet: Lamb of God. Those guys are crazy, and that's the band I turn to when I'm in the mood for death metal. Sabbath is classic, but I don't think they can really be considered death metal.

Small aside, does anyone think that Lostprophets are metal? When I put my Lostprophets CD in my CD drive and loaded it into iTunes, it automatically labeled all the songs as metal. I personally would classify them as alternative rock. It's heavy alternative rock, but it isn't metal by a long shot.
achene
I guess im mostly into melodic death metal like Children of bodom, kalmah and so on. But i also like a lot of other bands - nile is pretty great..
Rosanova
tingkagol wrote:
death metal is like the dead end of music for those who're sick and tired of the songs played on the radio. and once you get there, you aren't going anywhere- and you stick and defend the genre like it's your balls or something. everything else will be deemed uncool.

Hi there,

I pretty much agree with you. Many has went into the genre and many has left. Amorphis is an example on a band that has left the genre and went into more like regular metal/hard rock or as they call it nowadays the progressive genre. But there is still these bands who keep the torch alive like Deicide and Morbid Angel, just to mention some of the old boys in the category. They really know how it has to sounds like, and great cheers for them.

Cheers to all others too!
Gundamxxg
katatonia, opeth, october tide, soilwerk, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, agalloch those are all some kick ass bands, that if you havent heard them, you should. Im sure that most of you will like all of them =).
Helios
Quote:
katatonia, opeth, october tide, soilwerk, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, agalloch

Yeah, some are good (DB and opeth if you ask me);
but katatonia, DB, cradle of filth and agalloch aren't death metal.
Note: katatonia is more depressive doom, than death.

Please stick to the subject, which is death metal. Razz
hameenlinnanmusiikki
Tho bestest death metal band is Children of bodom. i also listen some disturbed and in flames. Very Happy . i have played guitar for a 1 year and i can play bodom, in flames, metallica, dio, themes, chords, disturbed, deep purple and black sabbath and somethin' else. Laughing
Jakob [JaWGames]
I mostly prefer "softer" kinds of metal like power and progressive but lately I have started listening more and more on melodic deathmetal. For the moment is the two bands I listen most on in this genre In Flames and Wintersun.
I found Wintersun almost by an accident on pandora but nevertheless, they are a great band really worth to listen to Smile
mimsxmassacre
Quote:
My declaration hurts, just wanna stab it right now!
Congratulations, you've found yourself
Been preaching too many times to an hysterical mind
So won't you fu*cking behave yourself..
-It's all in there, without despair
Have you ever known

death metal scares me
Rosanova
Helios wrote:
Quote:
katatonia, opeth, october tide, soilwerk, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, agalloch

Yeah, some are good (DB and opeth if you ask me);
but katatonia, DB, cradle of filth and agalloch aren't death metal.
Note: katatonia is more depressive doom, than death.

Please stick to the subject, which is death metal. Razz

Hi there,

I know that this is an old one, but I just did made a remark, and it's regarding Cradle Of Filth.

Some thinks that Cradle of Filth is Black Metal, but I'm afraid that they don't belong to this category either, as they don't have what it takes to be there.

I agree that they not exactly are an Death Metal band, but something between Thrash and Death.

In the old days did we call bands like Europe, Cinderella etc. for wimp, nowadays would Cradle Of Filth pas into that section, the wimp has just changed colour. Smile

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

I've been searching for good Death Metal Sites, but did only found 3 links that I would like to share.

http://www.deathmetal.org/

http://www.deathmetal.net/

http://www.anus.com/metal/

http://www.deathmetal.com/

The most of them is badly updated, but is seems like that anus.com has got a new face.

Cheers!
votd
My opinion on Death Metal - usually I'm listening to everything (starting on soft rock and ending on metal) but not Death Metal (maybe not so often). I don't really like Death Metal, because it's pretty much the same as Metal, but harder... and that "hardness" is too much for me to enjoy listening the music, because that hardness is about:

a) getting playing speeds at 250bpm
b) getting general psychotic chaos feeling that is unable to listen quietly
c) the sound is getting worse, less original, the point is to "how to make louder and faster music"
d) the vocal is horrible. sounds like a dog barking.

This what I heard listening to the most known Death Metal groups. As for me, it can't go any further than Metal. And for now, I don't think there would be harder genre than Death/Heavy Metal ;]. Perphaps maybe someone will manage to play everything at 2000bpm or something. And keep barking like a real dog. Mayyybe :].
Rosanova
votd wrote:
My opinion on Death Metal - usually I'm listening to everything (starting on soft rock and ending on metal) but not Death Metal (maybe not so often). I don't really like Death Metal, because it's pretty much the same as Metal, but harder... and that "hardness" is too much for me to enjoy listening the music, because that hardness is about:

a) getting playing speeds at 250bpm
b) getting general psychotic chaos feeling that is unable to listen quietly
c) the sound is getting worse, less original, the point is to "how to make louder and faster music"
d) the vocal is horrible. sounds like a dog barking.

This what I heard listening to the most known Death Metal groups. As for me, it can't go any further than Metal. And for now, I don't think there would be harder genre than Death/Heavy Metal ;]. Perphaps maybe someone will manage to play everything at 2000bpm or something. And keep barking like a real dog. Mayyybe :].

Hi there,

I don't know what you would like to say about above. This is actually a Death Metal topic, and it's ok to have an opinion and I understand that you opinion is like that you don't like Death Metal, and what ever that so is there that much to choose about so you don't have to like some that you dislike.

If you think that Death Metal is fast, then shouldn't you listen to Black Metal as it's often much faster...Smile

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

I'm very happy to announce that the Danes Illdisposed has released new album "The Prestige", and I'm also very proud to be a owner of this brilliant old school Death Metal master piece.

For further informations about further releases and tour dates, visit their home page at following URL;

http://www.illdisposed.dk/

This is also a really most buy....Smile

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

I'm now sure that I haven't been spoken clear enough regarding my past post. It was meant that you should go buy the latest Illdispossed, as it by my oppinion the Death Metal album of the year, and even that you don't like old school Death Metal is it still worth to buy.

Get to your local record dealer and buy it now!!!

Cheers!