FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

N64 anyone still play?

btheday
I have a Ninentdo 64 and I was wondering if anyone still plays or atleast has one laying around in the garage.

I have one that I play every now and then but other than that I pretty much waste my life away on the computer.
machine
I don't play it anymore... but the best game I ever did play was pilot wings 64... does anyone remember that game?

There was just something about a game where you could fly using a bunch of different flying "craft"... you could even use a "human" looking cartoon character to fly... it was incredible!
btheday
I remember that game, it ruled Cool

Have you ever play F Zero X? Thats one of my favorites.
SilverDogg
yea i still play n64 =). i still play nes and snes aswell Wink

trying to get my worldrecords back in excitebike 64.
btheday
Excitebike 64 now your talking, I love that game Very Happy
SilverDogg
yea its a really great game =)

the n64 had a lot of good games. aah, the memories. used to play ssb with my brothers and friends all the time. kickassgame =D. and lets not forget lylat wars. one of the greatest games of all time!
xorcist
I just started playing it about a month ago, cause I found all of the parts. Its gets broing after a while but I like playing all of those classic games, that they dont make anymore. I used to just get everythings and play it on my computer.
trickstott
Still playing GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. Also any RPG fans out there should keep an eye out for Ogre Battle 64. It is amazing! I wish that more games would come out using the real time strategy approach that Ogre Battle pioneered. It had the perfect mix of short term and long term strategy.

F-Zero was almost perfect. It's sad that I can't come up with much more. The Zeldas were excellent of course and so was Mario 64.

I must have pleyed more on it, but mostly I bought Playstation games. I think I remember a great Gauntlet game.
gr3gg3r
Nice! The Nintendo 64 was an awesome gaming console. Pilot Wings was definetely awesome, as well as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. This thread brings back memories of the good old days. Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, Yoshi's Story, Super Smash Brothers.... wow, all great stuff.

I still have my N64 as well, I played it about 2 months ago, trying to get back into it, but my brother has it at his apartment now. Haha, he's living up the old days now. Very Happy
Esnetni
man I still have super nintendo but someone stoled my Nintendo 64.
My fav game was donkey kong 64 and it took me so long to beat but it was worth it at the end. Razz
elefas
I still enjoy playing Zelda, 1080 snowboarding, golden eye and perfect dark on emulator on my pc! n64 had some very well made games!
SunburnedCactus
My ultimate teenage time wasting device! I played so many of the games up until the end, then went and traded them in for others. Must have spent a lot of money on it.
Hanpusu-kun
IM still playing the N64 sometimes.
Most often it is Golden Eye, Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark and TLOZ: OOT thats being played Wink
Awesome games X3
Josso
Yeah I set mine back up fairly recently, had to buy my controllers back off someone, get a few games back. He was rather generous and gave me his expansion pack and stuff for free. I used to really love it, was the first console I ever got... Super Mario 64/Goldeneye were my favorite games but I remember pilot wings it rocked! Most things I remember about goldeneye is laying proximity mines all over the place and hiding in the middle room with the spawns of the mines. I was such a camper Very Happy.
benwhite
I Played Majora's Mask a while back. We still play Smash around here almost everyday. But half of our controllers are in varying degrees of disrepair. We had to buy a couple more off ebay.

My friend just started playing Donkey Kong Country the other day.
Bobispurple
The Zelda games are classic, I play them a lot. Sometimes on Majoras mask i just run around for hours shooting down Tingle

But my all time favorite game is Jet Force Gemini.
Any one ever play that? Question
Fenix
Banjo Tooie was my favorite of the Banjo Kazooie series. I was pretty upset when I found out they weren't making Banjo threeie.
Blaster
At times I do. Mario 64 is the best mario i think. My friend, his brother and I were playing mariocart the one day. Yea that is what happens when its 11 o'clock and you are bored.
matt87
I still play N64, SNES, and NES... these old systems were actually the best systems to come out. I like them way better then any of the new generation of systems. The games I use to play for N64 were Goldeneye 007 and Super Smash Bros. For SNES and NES way too many games to name.

One thing that pisses me off the most is when people say bad things about these systems like the graphics suck and the game are not as good as such and such. I actually like the old games, I even have nintendo games on my cellphone.

One system that I would like to buy when it comes out is the Nintendo Revolution. Not because its new, not because of the remote, but because of its feature that they said the system would have.

Quote:
Revolution will play all of your favorite Nintendo GameCube games, and deliver downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

I don't think any other system has ever offered this, and I think its great that they are able to do this.
LostOverThere
Yep, I still play mine. Smile

But its going away..for ever soon...when the revolution comes.
djcaution
although sadly the only way I can enjoy the 64bit goodness these days is through emulation means, lol playing the games that brought me so much joy and happines years ago gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Banjo Kazooie will forever be held close to my heart along with Zelda, Mario and Goldeneye... *sigh* Very Happy
jesterscourt
I never owned a N64 because I always seemed to have friends that had them, in fact one still does and uses it regularly. I enjoy the following games off the top of my head: Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, and Shadows of the Empire. I think I still have a N64 emulator hidden somewhere on this computer, I should try to find it.

Have you guys ever seen the video of the guy beating Mario 64 in 16 minutes? It's on Google video, you should search for it, it's absolutely sick. And beautiful. Smile
ignition
I don't have the actual console, but I have over 4 gigs of N64 roms on my comp. I've only played a few of them, though Starfox 64 and Goldeneye are fun games Razz
Team Hedgehog
I'm still playing N64. Some cool games on it is: Yoshi Story, Goldeneye, and Harvest Moon 64. Cool .I also play NES and SNES, good old games Very Happy .
alkady
I havent played mines since PS2. Mines is somewhere in my house collecting dust. I was considering to sell it to a pawn shop but I dont remember where it is.
danmc
I Pull out the old trusty n64 now n then GOLDENEYE is a classic and also Worms armageddon what a game but my fave all time n64 game has to be Killer instinct Gold.
Whong
I too have a N64 and play it sometimes! The classics like Super Mario 64,
Mario Kart 64 and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and Donkey Kong 64 are nice to play!

I had Donkey Kong 64 once, but then I lost my saved data twice, because one of my friends by mistake deleted it. Then I just got so fed up that I sold it! DK64 was a tremendous game, just great! The multiplayer mode was really nice too and there was a lot to do! It is one of the best games on N64!

Also I've played The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and just loved it!
The graphics were good and it was a lot of fun to play! Cool! Wink Idea

One of my alltime favourites was Pokemon Stadium! Idea
m00tmuffin
I actually just popped in Ocarina of Time for the first time in over five years a few weeks ago, and got up to the Water Temple (damn that place) in a few days. Was so much fun...I think I'll go pick it up again right now. /grin
linkman2004
Dude, you people probably won't believe this, but I never owned an N64. I call myself a Nintendo fan but I never owned an N64. I blame it all on Santa! Razz I do own the Zelda collectors edition for Cube, though, which comes with both N64 Zelda games. Great games they are.
djared90
I still have my N64, and I still play it relatively often -- usually one of the two Zelda games. The only problem with it is that (from overuse) it is extremely sensitive in the cartridge area. The cartridge has to be put in just right, not too loose or too far in, or else it won't work, so it can be a little frustrating at times to get it to start up. Once it gets going, though, there's no problems and I still love it.
izimngcubes15
I don't really play it, but I do own it, you know, in case I fell I want to go retro and play some old games. Very Happy
Marco
Nope, but that's because I don't own one (yet).. I want to buy one though Smile it probably wont cost me more than 30 euro
Whong
Marco wrote:
Nope, but that's because I don't own one (yet).. I want to buy one though Smile it probably wont cost me more than 30 euro

If you can find one still, it is really hard to find some still, or even if you can find one, can you find some games for it!

Well good luck in finding one, it is really a treasure and so is Super Nintendo (SNES) and Super Mario All-Stars! Wink Idea
Kelcey
Whong wrote:
Marco wrote:

If you can find one still, it is really hard to find some still, or even if you can find one, can you find some games for it!

Well good luck in finding one, it is really a treasure and so is Super Nintendo (SNES) and Super Mario All-Stars! Wink Idea

You can find them all over Ebay... or used at a gamestop/eb. But chances are it'll be in better condition from Ebay.
Revvion
i still play with mine, mostly zelda majora's mask these days.
Eyre
i still play mine alot. thats pretty much the only system that my sister will play with me and i'd rather play with someone else than by myself. Very Happy
b-n-g
I played zelda both 1 and 2 but now i don't play it anymore sorry Rolling Eyes
elh_merc
My niece plays her N64 all the time. She never got any of the newer consoles and I don't think she cares about them right now Wink I'ts her console of choice because the SNES is sitting right next to it.
phinguyen
yeah, those of you that follow the psp news closely should know that the emulation of n64 is 80% complete. the homebrew dubbed "monkey64" that lets you run your n64 games on your psp already is running a few titles, jut not at full speed and sound yet. but it is getting there, i've tested out both programs that are being coded by the psp community and they are getting closer and closer. and for those of you that dont kno what emulation is, it means that you get the FULL FLEDGED game of a console and run the game on something else other than the console it was orignally for, like the PC or (in this case) the PSP. emulators use ROMs (which are datafile replicate of the games themselfs) and run them using what ever harware the emulator has been coded on. here are only a few of the emulators available and running at 100%: the NES, SNES, SEGA GENESIS, MAME, COMADORE64 and GBA. the best thing about this? its ALL FREE~! the psp community offers all programs absolutely free of charge because keeping homebrew alive is the goal of psp owners.

anyways, back to the subject, i got rid of my n64 for a playstation1 years ago, and i was only fond of Mario64, Starfox64, and golden eye, i'm glad i did, but when the n64 emulators start running at 100% on the psp, i wouldnt mind playing some of the titles i missed like zelda.
Whong
To me, saying that your gonna play Nintendo games on a PSP sound UNBEARABLE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I just can't imagine that Sony lets people do that!
Sorry, but I wish Nintendo would sue Sony for a crime like that!

Sony shouldn't get away with something like this! Sony is stealing everything from Nintendo! First the Wii motion sensor controler and now the classic games of Nintendo! Wink

I'll tell you this, if Sony can't get good markets for its PS3, Sony will go bankrupt and maeby even out of the business! Twisted Evil Idea
Marco
Whong wrote:
To me, saying that your gonna play Nintendo games on a PSP sound UNBEARABLE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I just can't imagine that Sony lets people do that!

Sony already released many firmware updates, because they want to prefent people from playing homebrew. You require to have the newest firmware if you want to play the newest games. So I guess Sony is doing everything to stop homebrew (and if you can't play homebrew on the psp, you can't play nintendo games on it).
Whong
Marco wrote:
Whong wrote:

Sony already released many firmware updates, because they want to prefent people from playing homebrew. You require to have the newest firmware if you want to play the newest games. So I guess Sony is doing everything to stop homebrew (and if you can't play homebrew on the psp, you can't play nintendo games on it).

Well thats good, I think it isn't good that other games than PSP can be played on it. Nintendo atleast doesn't support that on the DS!

What in the world is homebrew?
Marco
Homebrew are programme's written by hobby programmers. Homebrew includes games, applications and emulators... Sony doesn't support homebrew on the psp, since they are trying to avoid it by making gamers upgrade their firmware Smile . nintendo doesn't support homebrew on the DS... but they ALSO DON'T do much against it, they don't force people to upgrade their DS to disable homebrew or anything else.

(yes, homebrew is possible on the DS... no, homebrew isn't illegal)
Whong
Marco wrote:
Homebrew are programme's written by hobby programmers. Homebrew includes games, applications and emulators... Sony doesn't support homebrew on the psp, since they are trying to avoid it by making gamers upgrade their firmware Smile . nintendo doesn't support homebrew on the DS... but they ALSO DON'T do much against it, they don't force people to upgrade their DS to disable homebrew or anything else.

(yes, homebrew is possible on the DS... no, homebrew isn't illegal)

OK, now I got it!
dyrtyrice
I still play occasionally but on my xbox with N64 emulators.
phinguyen
theres ways around having to update yer firmware on yer psp to play the latest games, hooray for DEV KIT. anyways, i dont kno many people who still play their 64 when emulators on the PC along with an adapter you can play them free, or emulators on your xbox or on your PSP (my personal choice) can run them with ease. you gotta admit that the 64 has now fallen under retro gaming and the only things keeping retro games alive are emulators (which gaurantee the existense of everygame available) and mobile gaming ie PSP/DS and cell phones.

i found it funny that someone got butt-hurt about n64 emulation homebrew on psp, are you against homebrew on the DS too?
Marco
^ there aren't many interesting homebrew applications for the DS as for the psp (I guess because the DS just isn't powerfull enough as the psp).

well, psp = good for homebrew + good graphics + media,
DS = good for good games
Whong
Marco wrote:
^ there aren't many interesting homebrew applications for the DS as for the psp (I guess because the DS just isn't powerfull enough as the psp).

well, psp = good for homebrew + good graphics + media,
DS = good for good games

That is exactly true! Wink Idea DS = Good for gamers wanting to play good games! Wink
Hanpusu-kun
when we are talking N64 games, which N64 game will you download first for the Wii?

Im probably gonna try to get Sin & Punishment, one of Treasures wonderful games.
Insideout
I still play mine. I put it away for a while, but then it started working better than my piece of crap PlayStation 2, so I play Donkey Kong 64 and Mario 64 on it. They are wonderful games, really. <3
takeit
its still alot of fun
SargerAs
Sometimes N64 is very fun, especially the Super Smash brothers is probably the best N64 game but I like MariKart too Smile
rightclickscott
I finally got my old N64 setup and working again. And I spent all last night playing Super Smash Bros. This is also great because my girlfriend has an N64, so we've been playing Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. any chance we get.
Saryon
Hehe N64 is great. I don't really play it anymore nowadays, but it was fun. Too bad they stopped creating games for it. Best game on N64 is Legend of Zelda:Majora's mask (although the endboss was way too easy).
Never played Ocarina of Time, by the time I bought my N64, they arleady stopped creating games for it Very Happy
The_Gamer294
ahhhhh man, i love n64, my first system and the greatest ive ever had. well, except for the compy. if nintendo remade all the classics with better graphics and slightly different gameplay id definately buy them all, i lost some of my good ones like rush 2, majora's mask and ocarina of time. damn they were good games.
Whong
The_Gamer294 wrote:
ahhhhh man, i love n64, my first system and the greatest ive ever had. well, except for the compy. if nintendo remade all the classics with better graphics and slightly different gameplay id definately buy them all, i lost some of my good ones like rush 2, majora's mask and ocarina of time. damn they were good games.

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE! By Wii you can download classic Nintendo and even Sega games, all the way from Nes to N64 and of course Wii plays Game Cube games as well.

I'd too love to have the games like Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64 etc.
indeedwrestling
My brother plays Mario Golf on n64 almost Daily.
reservoirs
Haven't dug out my N64 in a long time, but a few months ago I got hooked on playing WWF No Mercy on emulator.

If memory serves me right, my favorite game back in the day must have been Starfox 64. Didn't like the multiplayer, but the solo game was fun as hell. Goldeneye was an absolute blast in multi back in the day, I don't think I even liked Perfect Dark as much even though it was basically an upgrade in every way. Gotta love things like the Golden Gun, Oddjob and Jaws, blood splatters, proximity mines, etc. Good times.
rightclickscott
reservoirs wrote:
Goldeneye was an absolute blast in multi back in the day, I don't think I even liked Perfect Dark as much even though it was basically an upgrade in every way. Gotta love things like the Golden Gun, Oddjob and Jaws, blood splatters, proximity mines, etc. Good times.

That game goes on my top ten games of all time list. It's one of the big three that me and Allison still play together.
Thatguy
Of course I still play it. In fact, I played some Paper Mario this afternoon. I love that thing, and hope it never dies.

And a note to some N64 owners out there, Gamestop and EB have decided to stop carrying used N64 games, so the prices are starting to spike. I don't know about other places, but here in Kansas, working systems are going for $40 as opposed to $15 when GS and EB carried them. I'm working on picking up a bunch more titles for myself before they become impossible to find.
Nintendo
As you can probably tell from my name, im a very big fan of Nintendo. The N64 was an absolutly amazing console, and for it's time, I thought it was amazing. Although, I do play on GC more often than N64, I still play NES, SNES and N64 when I have a feeling for playing a certain game Smile. Especially all those RARE 3D adventure games for N64, take up hours of your time, but are goddamn fun Smile
Whong
Some times I love to just sit down and play my old SNES! Super Mario All-Stars is absolutely perfect! I love especially Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros 3! Wink Idea
faker_phil
Battletanx 4 the win!
chargoyle
How can you go wrong if you have James Bond and Star Fox 64?
Seth
Dont actually have the console anymore (sadly)..But I use a few N64 emulators..My fav games are Mario Kart 64, Super mario 64, and super smash bros. I also love the fps they had..Goldeneye..Doom64..and Hexen..those games rocked...and the N64 was way ahead of its time..its too bad they cant come up with another cartridge based console..youd think with the technology they have these days that they could do it easily..
Kelcey
Seth wrote:
Dont actually have the console anymore (sadly)..But I use a few N64 emulators..My fav games are Mario Kart 64, Super mario 64, and super smash bros. I also love the fps they had..Goldeneye..Doom64..and Hexen..those games rocked...and the N64 was way ahead of its time..its too bad they cant come up with another cartridge based console..youd think with the technology they have these days that they could do it easily..

Of course anyone can make another cartridge based console. Why would they though? Games are taking up a full DVD or more on nowadays.
rightclickscott
Seriously, games today are going to start taking over blue-ray.
Zechtor
My friends and I have loads of old N64 stuff lying around, so last night we decided to take some of it from the dusty shelves. We finally picked a few old favorites (smash brothers, mariocart, goldeneye) and a few random selections (jet force gemini ? , donkey kong has multiplayer? , mario golf ). It was a rediculously fun night. We were all surprised that the titles were able to retain their charm, even the more peculiar ones. What are some of you guys' favorite multiplayer games for the N64?
Quintilius
I still play. But only multiplayer. The best game for this exercice is super smash bros 64. Even better than its sequel on Gamecube, with this incredible base ball bat smash.

But I'm wondering... does anyone know where to get brand new n64 controllers ? Because my joysticks are dead, and I need new ones.
Thanks Wink
darkjustice
war gods, mario 64, mario cart, mission impossible....all classics
Boffel
YEAH! I play super mario, mariocart, superstar, Trash, wintergames, Zelda, supersmash etc... on nintendo 64.

Yesterday and the day before, I played with my friends in almost 4 hours lol.

Well... usually I dont play it, but the last week I just found it and wanted to try it again. Old memories you know Wink

I also have playstation 2, but have to few games, so I get bored realy fast. Thats why im sitting most on the computer and make my own games...
Marzh
Yeah sometimes its great to play those old treasures like James Bond, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bro, and Super Mario 64. I also loved playing Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing.
Whong
Marzh wrote:
Yeah sometimes its great to play those old treasures like James Bond, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bro, and Super Mario 64. I also loved playing Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing.

Banjo Kazooie looked like real fun. Too bad that I never really got an opportunity to play it. Ocarina of Time was an amazing game! Very Happy
Deias
Oh yeah I still love my N64, sure it might be stuffed into my bedroom TV and collects dust for a month or so. but sometimes a itch developes that only a round of Goldeneye can satisfy.

and every so often Ill toss in one of the two Zelda games into it and rip through it in a day or so. I am sadly still searching with little prevail for starfox 64 god I loved that game Sad
Yantaal
yes.yes i do. i am a wopping fan of nintendo and the 64 is the best console ever and i doupt it will be beat. with the best game ever, ocarina of time. bloody incredible game that had me captured.
Long live nintendo
Whong
Yantaal wrote:
yes.yes i do. i am a wopping fan of nintendo and the 64 is the best console ever and i doupt it will be beat. with the best game ever, ocarina of time. bloody incredible game that had me captured.
Long live nintendo

I too love Ocarina of Time! It's fantastic!!! Very Happy Mario 64 is also one of the best games ever! Very Happy
kicy
Sometimes I whip it out and play the kind of games they don't make anymore. What ever happened to improving old games, they should do it more often.
Yantaal
i jut bought a NES yesterday.

why not i thougt. its sucha god damn awesome consol
enygmasoft
btheday wrote:
I have a Ninentdo 64 and I was wondering if anyone still plays or atleast has one laying around in the garage.

I have one that I play every now and then but other than that I pretty much waste my life away on the computer.

Yes and no, I do have all of the emulators for the 64 so I do play that way. However its not the same. Graphically the systems are always better than emulators. The biggest benefit comes in the fact that all the games are readily available and far easier to find that the actual games.
Deias
I wont ask you for a site, that would be breakin some rules but if they have Starfox 64 layin around in those rom lists let me know. I have a empty dongle I made that I can upload roms to and play them on my 64 lol. I just never seen the one I want to use it for
Jakob [JaWGames]
I have a Nintendo 64 laying around somewhere. It have been untouched in severel years but one day I will take of the dust from it, replace the Wii with it and play Supermario64, Super Smash Bros and Ocarina of Time...
vonboy
well, i don't really play my n64 anymore, mostly because it's aged to the point that it doesn't want to work half the time. I'm getting n64 games on wii virtual console now, though. Right now I have Paper Mario, Wave Race 64, and Super Mario 64.
muntja
how can this thread be dead from 2007...
n64 was the greatest, still is

i have it now all on my PC, connected to my TV so i can play wirelessly through my 360 controller, it is the awesomess.
Josso
Hey you should check out the SM64: star road romhack, I love it to pieces probably my fav romhack ever.
Blaster
haha you and your modern technology. I still remember when I got my N64. And yes mine is still in use to this day. It currently sits at the firehouse. We use it to play mario cart. It was also popular throughout my dorm when I was still in college. Nothing like the old school N64 which to me is still the best system that ever came out.
Adalew
Yeah, I'm playing Zelda Ocarine of Time and Super Mario