FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Accedently removed a peice of Spyware from registry.

btheday
I have one word: HELP!!!

I mistakenly removed a piece of Spyware from my registry and now when I click on a link that pops-up it won't.

HELP...PLEASE anyone. If this happened to you, then how did you fix it.

again...HELP...even forum links that pop-up don't work.
Animal
If you're running Windows XP, you can use System Restore to return your registry to a previous state.

To do this, go to START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE and choose the option to restore your computer to a previous state. Use a system checkpoint date prior to the date you edited the registry.

For future reference, you're best not to manually edit the registry unless you know what you're doing - use a spyware removal program to deal with your spyware problems and you're less likely to suffer data losses.

Hope this helps!

Very Happy
btheday
well I did use a Spyware program to remove it the porblem was that both the not safe to remove and the safe to remove files are on the same page.

And I'll try your advice later when I have more time.(like never...lol no I will soon)
RiCtee
What Spyware removal program do you use?? Isn't it common that there's a backup (automatic or not) function in the program?? You could probably restore the registry settings.