FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Classical Music

Lennon
What do you think of this piece?
http://www.student.dcu.ie/~lennonr2/solace.mid

I can play this on the piano.
I appreciate mozart, I like the London and royal philharmonic orchestra's etc.
macfly
although I'm a rock and metal guitar player (and will remain !), I also love playing classical music on a nylon string guitar. One of my favourite piece is "Recuerdos de la Alhambra". I love Beethoven.
supjapscrapper
I don't find the difference between classical music and the genre I love the most, Metal, that big. I think most of metal fans have a taste for classical music but at different degrees.
hum... I just love mozart, but the other geniuses as well, I love as well chorus that are accompanied by classical music so much Very Happy
shocker
You ought to try and find the String Quartet tribute albums. There's tributes to Metallica, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and shitloads of other bands.
jeffleo
Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mozart. Smile

Beethoven:
Tempest
Moonlight
Fur Elise
And some other...

Tchaikovksy:
I forgot his song names...

Mozart:
All
Vlien
I guess that's not what this topic was about, but I'll just go on the way you did (I'm sorry, Lennon, I must mind our bandwidth usage... Rolling Eyes ).

What about lesser* known artists? Of course everyone knows Beethoven, Mozart, and so on. I'm more into the "modern" works, like Satie's pieces (Trois Gymnopédies etc.) I also appreciate Chopin and Schubert, blabla not that I can mention one title of them! I'm very willing to learn more about classical music in future though.

(* is it 'lesser' in this context? I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if that word exists!)
romaop
You played that music? Great. I'm not an expert but it seems to me that the main part (more happier part) that reminds me old Chaplin films, could go faster and with more dynamics in rhythm. Some notes you play arrive too close to others. Try to maintain rhythm specially when you switch from each part of the music. This is my opinion hearing that mid file, it would be better a real piano sound to evaluate.
Do you agree with my opinion?

Chopin, Schubert, Dvorak, Mozart, ... great !!!