FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Punk

Apocalypse
Is anyone interested in Punk Rock music?

This is my favorite music style
If someone knows some new or good puk rock bands
please reply

I even play on guitar Very Happy
I someone has good tabs pm me
Bobispurple
I know this really obscure punk band called All. Not too hardcore, but it rocks!
Marston
Yeah, ALL are a good pop-punk band (one of the few, actually). There's a hell of a lot of good punk bands; The Minutemen, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, GBH, Hüsker Dü, The Descendents, The Misfits, The Exploited... The list goes on. Wink
ainieas
This is not actually a reply to the topic posted but I'd like to say that punk is by far the most disputed topic on any music board. A hundred people will name their favourite punk bands and then a hundred others will debate that.

Nothing against the original poster though. I like punk too. The Ramones kind.
IceCameron
There are lots of goods and bads, luckily the good out number the bad so im just going to say the one i hate - The Sex Pistols.
Caxius
the best punk rock band is billy talent, yeah Cool haha
blackheart
ainieas wrote:
The Ramones kind.

Hehe - gotta love it. Typical scratchy voiced bad singer, fast choppy riffs... and yet absolutely perfect Wink.

I know alot of bands - but punk is a pretty broad genre... broader yet if you include all the music people *think* is punk at the moment.

What style are you into?

Stuff incluenced by Emo, Reggae, Ska, classical, skiphop..?
Do you like it raw? With a dance beat? Smooth or harsh vocals? Straight-edge? Muso?
Etc, etc...
supjapscrapper
blackheart wrote:
ainieas wrote:
The Ramones kind.

Hehe - gotta love it. Typical scratchy voiced bad singer, fast choppy riffs... and yet absolutely perfect Wink.

I know alot of bands - but punk is a pretty broad genre... broader yet if you include all the music people *think* is punk at the moment.

What style are you into?

Do you like it raw? With a dance beat? Smooth or harsh vocals? Straight-edge? Muso?
Etc, etc...

woooow I gues we're having a pretty sharp critic of the genre here ... man ... pretty awesome Very Happy
Well I'm pretty much inti the emo kind, I know I'm a little bit too old for it but hey I LIKE IT !!! Very Happy
lucifertje
punk is good for any day.
dead kennedys, toy dolls, exploited, fugazi...
but skapunk for those happy days
blackheart
lucifertje wrote:
punk is good for any day.
dead kennedys, toy dolls, exploited, fugazi...
but skapunk for those happy days

you like rancid/op.ivy/mad caddies/etc? (lol - or are you one of the genre's os snobs?)
ainieas
blackheart wrote:
ainieas wrote:
The Ramones kind.

What style are you into?

Etc, etc...

I'm into nothing specific, keeping in mind the fact the my first tryst with (or what i thought was) punk was with Blink-182. I know what you are thinking but put the lynch aside, I already got butchered for saying this at another board!! Rolling Eyes

Anyways what I like most are some of the garage bands and the underground punk bands that are there near where i live (most are my friends or classmates). The music is fast, the lyrics on-your-face kind. I don't know if it can specially be put in any category but thats what I'm attracted to these days. Otherwise I'm all into goth, epic-dark and such stuff.
anxiety1
im into the skinhead punk at the moment

you gotta check out hard skins

abousltle class stuff

check out the song law and order - proper good skinhead anthem
TheMentor
i dont like punk music

i dont know what but only i love sex pistols
blackheart
TheMentor wrote:
i dont like punk music

i dont know what but only i love sex pistols

Lmao - you don't like punk, but you love the sex pistols?

Fair enough.
anticitizen1
The Adictts, vice squad, minor treat, the buzzcoks, the Uk subs-.. just a few...
FunkyGirl
i love punk Smile
simple plan, good charlotte, fall out boy and green day
Ricky
hey funky girl I agree with your list but I add hawthorn hights Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy can you tell I am happy
Nick87
Nina Hagen and Siouxsie made some great punk in their early days ^^

and Sex Pistols ofcourse... Virgin Prunes also..
Yantaal
FunkyGirl wrote:
i love punk Smile
simple plan, good charlotte, fall out boy and green day

is this a joke? and then the person who agreed and added hawthron hights,

WTF? morons
varoskater
Hello. I know a lot of punk bands, but the ones that I like better are some of this:
-The Unseen.
-Rancid.
-The Casualties.
-Strawberri Blondes.
-Anit-Flag.
-The Misfits. (But I dont consider them punk)
-Nofx.
-Resufed.

I know more bands but I cannot think of anymore right now. I will reply soon with more punk bands' names.

Peace out
patrick9480
I absolutely love punk and have seen all the following bands play live:
-Bad Religion
-Nofx
-Goldfinger
-Rancid
-Face to Face
-Greenday
-Alkaline Trio
-Reel Big Fish (actually backed them up with theband I used to play in)
-Against Me (played with them too)
-The Dropkick Murphys
-H2O
just to mention a few, my memory is running hazy
oneightwo
punk is practically the only music i listen to, so ill jsut name a few bands (by a few, i mean tons):

Blink-182 (OK, i know some of you will say they aren't punk, but to this i say fork you! goto http://www.blink-182online.com/phpBB2/ and say that, just prepare to get an ass whooping.)
Plus-44
Angels And Airwaves
- Although not realy punk, they can loosely fit the genre
All American Rejects
Sum 41
The Lawrence Arms
NoFX
Millencolin
Motion City Soundtrack
The Ramones
THe Distillers
Rocket From The Crypt
Something For Rockets\
Jimmy Eat World
Bad Religion
Matchbook Romance
The Matches
From First To Last
Scatter The Ashes
This Is Me Smiling
Youth Group
Dropkick Murpheys
Rancid
Pennywise

And LOTS More
Kur0
My personal favourite is the Dead Kennedys, but i also like Bad Brains, Anti-Nowhere League and Cheap Sex. You also gotta love The Buzzcocks and the Sex Pistols....I'm a huge fan of punk music ^_^
Epsilon
I don't mind early punk. That being punk from the early '70s to the early '80s. After that, it started being really poppy and...erm, bad. I don't mind bands like The Ramones, The Clash and the Sex Pistols, but bands like Green Day and most modern punk makes me want to rub a cheese grater on my groin...
talz
I like punk
hmmm bands like
- the ramones
- rancid
- the clash
and others which I dunno what you guys classify them as... like pop punk?
- fallout boy
- panic!at the disco
- funeral for a friend
- matchbook romance
- jimmy eat world
Marston
Jimmy eat world is pretty dope.
blackheart
Epsilon wrote:
I don't mind early punk. That being punk from the early '70s to the early '80s. After that, it started being really poppy and...erm, bad. I don't mind bands like The Ramones, The Clash and the Sex Pistols, but bands like Green Day and most modern punk makes me want to rub a cheese grater on my groin...

That just means you don't know where to look. Most of the radio-played stuff isn't worth listening to, but it's not the only shit out there.