FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bin Laden Vows Never to Be Captured Alive

manumiglani
Quote:

Osama bin Laden vowed never to be captured alive and said the U.S. military had become as "barbaric" as Saddam Hussein in an audiotape reposted on a militant Islamic Web site after first being broadcast last month.

In the tape posted to the Web site Monday, bin Laden offered the United States a long-term truce but also said his al-Qaida terror network would soon launch a fresh attack on American soil. The tape was initially broadcast Jan. 19 on Al-Jazeera, the pan-Arab satellite channel.

Islamic militant Web forums often repost messages from al-Qaida leaders to ensure sympathizers can see them. U.S. intelligence officials confirmed that last month's tape was of bin Laden making it his first message in more than a year.

"I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived," bin Laden said, in the 11-minute, 26-second tape.

In drawing the comparison to American military behavior in Iraq to that of Saddam, he said:

"The jihad (holy war) is ongoing, thank God, despite all the oppressive measures adopted by the U.S. Army and its agents (which has reached) a point where there is no difference between this criminality and Saddam's criminality."

Bin Laden also denied Bush administration assertions that it was better to fight terrorists in Iraq than on U.S. soil.

"The reality shows that the war against America and its allies has not been limited to Iraq as he (Bush) claims. Iraq has become a point of attraction and restorer of (our) energies," he said.

The last audiotape purported to be from bin Laden was broadcast in December 2004 by Al-Jazeera. In that recording, he endorsed Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi as his deputy in Iraq and called for a boycott of Iraqi elections.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1640271
Soulfire
Good, then he can kill himself and half the world's problems will be gone.
nopaniers
What problem will go if Bin Laden is killed?
tdb18
manumiglani wrote:
i do not think america would be able to catch him

neither do I. And if they'd, Bin Laden would kill himself first. They spend a lot of money and nothing yet, it's been like this for years! When they catched Saddam, it was quite fast... But I really wish they could catch him.
PhoenixFanTrailers
I'd rather he was dead anyway...no matter...even if he does die somebody will be there to take his place...they are like roaches!
Soulfire
nopaniers wrote:

Well, let's see. He is the leader, if not that then figurehead of Al-Queda (spelling?). That would be the world's largest terrorist network. Without him coordinating attacks, the terrorist attacks would be less frequent, and without leadership, hopefully Al-Queda will fall.
Jeslyn
With as much planning as Bin Laden has done in the past, don't you think he's planned for what happens if he is captured, and who should take over?
manumiglani
----------------------
nam_siddharth
Soulfire wrote:

I agree.
Vrythramax
catch him...maybe not, kill him....if we had half a chance. Someone will dime him out eventually, and I don't think he'll ever see the inside of a courtroom.

At least I for one hope he doesn't.
ainieas
Maybe I'm the only one but I think he's already dead.
Rhysige
Killing him will solve nothing, infact it may just inflame the situation. If someone was to assassinate the leader of a country it will not make the country crumble it will merely make a new person rise to the position and more people unite behind them.
Soulfire
Rhysige wrote:
Killing him will solve nothing, infact it may just inflame the situation. If someone was to assassinate the leader of a country it will not make the country crumble it will merely make a new person rise to the position and more people unite behind them.

Possibly, but what are we to do? Sit back and twiddle our thumbs while he continues to organize mass killings of innocent people? Without leadership, things fall through, I'm not saying Al-Queda would be gone, but I am saying that it would be dented, at least temporarily.

Bin Laden represents an idea of terrorism, that killing the infidels is a good thing. You can't kill an idea, you can kill the people following the idea, but more will come back.

So in short, I agree and disagree with you. I have no real stand on the position, and I could care less whether we kill him now or he lives until natural death - it probably won't change too much.
Animal
How many Martyrs have you heard of that allow themselves to be captured alive???

Bin Laden has been training Martyrs for years in his terrorism camps - if he allowed himself to be taken alive, it would undermine all his work, so I actually disagree with you:
Soulfire wrote:

If he was captured alive, his followers would question why he would not do what he has asked them to do, and if they have any intelligence, they would begin to question the reasons for following this man and his word.

Killing Osama Bin Laden would turn him into the world's most prominent Martyr, and it may inspire others to follow in his footsteps.
Rhysige
We dont sit back and twiddle our thumbs we target the supply lines of people, money, equipment but trying to target the leader is pointless.
lyndonray
i think the best thing is if he was just found dead somewhere. because if the coalition found him and killed him, there would be a lot of retaliation from his underlings. they would be bombing anything bombable. Even worse would be if they caught him alive and paraded him in a show-trial like they're doing Saddam right now. That would really piss his followers off and we would see what a hissy-fit really is!

With or without that nut-bag, al qaida is going to continue doing what they are doing. This is whole thing is a right mess because these people are determined to kill every "infidel", which is practically impossible without killing the rest of us. Which sucks coz i personally don't consider myself an infidel. and the "infidels" have pretty much vowed to kill all the terroritst, which is also practically impossible.

I honestly wonder if there is a peaceful solution to this madness Sad
mephisto73
Soulfire wrote:

How would a martyrized Bin Laden help the situation? It is an illusion that Osama would be the root of the current conflict between civilizations, he is merely a catalyst, symbol of islamic jihad.
Scorpio
manumiglani wrote:
Quote:

Osama bin Laden vowed never to be captured alive and said the U.S. military had become as "barbaric" as Saddam Hussein in an audiotape reposted on a militant Islamic Web site after first being broadcast last month.

In the tape posted to the Web site Monday, bin Laden offered the United States a long-term truce but also said his al-Qaida terror network would soon launch a fresh attack on American soil. The tape was initially broadcast Jan. 19 on Al-Jazeera, the pan-Arab satellite channel.

Islamic militant Web forums often repost messages from al-Qaida leaders to ensure sympathizers can see them. U.S. intelligence officials confirmed that last month's tape was of bin Laden making it his first message in more than a year.

"I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived," bin Laden said, in the 11-minute, 26-second tape.

In drawing the comparison to American military behavior in Iraq to that of Saddam, he said:

"The jihad (holy war) is ongoing, thank God, despite all the oppressive measures adopted by the U.S. Army and its agents (which has reached) a point where there is no difference between this criminality and Saddam's criminality."

Bin Laden also denied Bush administration assertions that it was better to fight terrorists in Iraq than on U.S. soil.

"The reality shows that the war against America and its allies has not been limited to Iraq as he (Bush) claims. Iraq has become a point of attraction and restorer of (our) energies," he said.

The last audiotape purported to be from bin Laden was broadcast in December 2004 by Al-Jazeera. In that recording, he endorsed Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi as his deputy in Iraq and called for a boycott of Iraqi elections.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1640271

i do not think america would be able to catch him. America spend billions of dollors searching for a single person. this is the most expensive hunt in the history for any person.

Can America catch Bin Laden ?

America certainly can catch him if they put some hard effort and seriousness into it.
Their advanced techology is incomparable to anybody else's even the terrorists.
Also the world is not such a big place after all.

They just delay it due to some reason.
Animal
scorpio wrote:
They just delay it due to some reason.

I really don't think so somehow. Even with millions of dollars worth of surveilance equipment, it would be really difficult to find one person. If they knew where Osama Bin Laden was, he would be dead or in custody.

The capture or killing of Osama Bin Laden would be the biggest boost to public image for any politician in the world - there is no way George Bush would pass up an opportunity to get him extra points in the opinion polls.
Ressurrector
The most technologically advanced nation on the planet and they can't catch one man. Something don't seem right does it?? Ever think maybe they DON'T wanna catch him.
prongs_386
first of all, who says america is the most technologically advanced? sure theyd have the biggest sattelite network but there are many areas that other countries can beat america on the technology side.

soulfire, you say that killing bin laden would solve half the worlds problems? Hed just be replaced, but i feel that a problem such as world hunger is a bigger problem than terrorism. People are just used to it and not having to worry about it because it doesnt threaten them.
shut up
Lets do this, if they do not give up Bin Laden, lets fight a real war, drop the bullshit rules of engagement, cut the food supply to the islamo fascists, pull the guards out of guantanamo prison and gas it, set herds of pigs loose in afganistan. If all else fails, drop a nuke or 2, just like in Japan. Put a week between each attack. Do attacks until they wise up and surrender.
Bengt
they wont catch him Very Happy
prongs_386
shut up wrote:
Lets do this, if they do not give up Bin Laden, lets fight a real war, drop the bullshit rules of engagement, cut the food supply to the islamo fascists, pull the guards out of guantanamo prison and gas it, set herds of pigs loose in afganistan. If all else fails, drop a nuke or 2, just like in Japan. Put a week between each attack. Do attacks until they wise up and surrender.

do honestly feel it would be worth it to catch one man, when to do that you have to kill millions via the use of nuclear weaponry?
ldnet
wow, good luck USA, since they will launch another attack at u guys. I thought he was dead lol. and killign him wont change anything they will still continue, and the USA army and its president is dumb i cant belive they cant find 1 person, if i was there we would find them within a month or so. they just need to get a few teams together and search esp with all their technology.

good luck
r_y_e_20
could it be that USA or Bush owes something big from Bin Laden friends or family? i got suspicions already that for these very long period of time, Bin Laden has not been captured yet. Or Bin laden is really good in hiding, Saddam should have joined him before instead. hehe.
Soulfire
Just because Bin Laden vows not to be caught doesn't mean he won't, and it doesn't mean we won't kill him. His blood is the blood responsible for the end of too many peoples' lives, all in the name of a religion that supposedly preaches peace.
suntzu3500
Soulfire wrote:
nopaniers wrote:

Well, let's see. He is the leader, if not that then figurehead of Al-Queda (spelling?). That would be the world's largest terrorist network. Without him coordinating attacks, the terrorist attacks would be less frequent, and without leadership, hopefully Al-Queda will fall.

Al Queda is the most notorious terrorist network. Unless Al Queda has grown substantially, I would think that Hamas would be still larger. Possibly IRA would be as well, these groups dont exactly publish membership numbers Sad

EDIT: Al queda is also structured quite well, if Bin Laden died someone else would take over.
Biodiesel
Great, another hobo scooting around the desert on a dialysis machine vows never to be taken alive. Whooptie doo.