FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Rosanova's Community Site ver. 3.0 Update





Rosanova
Hi There!

http://rosanova.frih.net

After long time redesigning and modifying are we proud to annonce that we almost are close to our goal to create this website.

The site is an cms community site, and we have tested and modifyed scripts and layout into an static dynamic website.

Few bugs is still having to be fixed, and we're pleased to get any response, both to bugs that we haven't found by ourselves, but also some new ideas and hints.

Following scripts has been used to make this site possible:

Base CMS Script:

XOOPS Ver. 2.3.1 from:

http://www.xoops.org/

Coppermine Photo Gallery from http://coppermine.sf.net/

Following programs has been used:

Evrsoft First Page 2006
Adobe Photoshop CS2
Macromedia Dreamweaver 8
Macromedia Fireworks 8
Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro 2006
TopStyle 3.1

We hope also that so many as possible would join and enjoy our creation.

See you folks!

Cheers!

Webmaster
Rosanova Community Site

Ps. Rosanova is my girlfriend who you also can see photos at the cpg link.
Hunterseaker
eehhhm link???
Rosanova
Hi there,

Thanks for your response! It seemed that I forgot a little much important detail at my first add, the url to the site...Wink

It has now been fixed and some further updates at the site has also been made since the first entry, we hope that we would get as massive response as possible, and even better that you would help with further inspirations.

Please don't forget the guestbook..Smile

Cheers!
Hunterseaker
ah it looks nice
nice colours nice menu, nice everything
higly functional
GJ
Rosanova
Hunterseaker wrote:
ah it looks nice
nice colours nice menu, nice everything
higly functional
GJ


Thanks, I really do appreciate these words. The second reason to adding this add is also if someone can help to further inspirations. I can't found out what it is what I further need to add into the site, I know that I need visitors, and what I need is something that would inspire visitors to visist and most came back and join/enjoy the site. So if you have any hints would you be very welcome.

Thanks again

Cheers!
gothicgeek
Rosanova wrote:
Welcome to Rosanova's Community Site
Actually is this site meant as most my own private presentation site, but also as an community site where I can share and spend times together with my friends, and least keep contacting with my friends.

The Community is open for everybody, but only for people who have some serious to came with. Everyone who is trying to violate this page would be abused immediately and in worst case rapported into their ISP. My advice to all who is into harming, please do it somewhere else.

This page is still under development and you might find some errors or missing links etc. If you have any experience about such of errors please rapport it to me directly.

I hope that everybody would enjoy their time here, and at least have a lot of fun.

Yours,

Rosanova


Quite a nice design, quick loading, colorful and functional.

Only thing I have any sort of issue with is the grammar. In that paragraph I could barely understand what you (or whomever wrote it) were saying.

For example, in the second sentence, you say 'The Community is open for everybody', but then you immediately say 'but only for people with some serious to came with.' I assume you meant people with something serious to cope with.

Then in the next sentence you say 'Everyone who is trying to violate this page would be abused immediately, in worst case rapported to their ISP.' An interesting choice of words...

I think if you just pay a little more attention to what you're writing and make sure to look it over, it'll be fine. And spellcheck never hurts either. Wink
Rosanova
gothicgeek wrote:
Rosanova wrote:
Welcome to Rosanova's Community Site
Actually is this site meant as most my own private presentation site, but also as an community site where I can share and spend times together with my friends, and least keep contacting with my friends.

The Community is open for everybody, but only for people who have some serious to came with. Everyone who is trying to violate this page would be abused immediately and in worst case rapported into their ISP. My advice to all who is into harming, please do it somewhere else.

This page is still under development and you might find some errors or missing links etc. If you have any experience about such of errors please rapport it to me directly.

I hope that everybody would enjoy their time here, and at least have a lot of fun.

Yours,

Rosanova


Quite a nice design, quick loading, colorful and functional.

Only thing I have any sort of issue with is the grammar. In that paragraph I could barely understand what you (or whomever wrote it) were saying.

For example, in the second sentence, you say 'The Community is open for everybody', but then you immediately say 'but only for people with some serious to came with.' I assume you meant people with something serious to cope with.

Then in the next sentence you say 'Everyone who is trying to violate this page would be abused immediately, in worst case rapported to their ISP.' An interesting choice of words...

I think if you just pay a little more attention to what you're writing and make sure to look it over, it'll be fine. And spellcheck never hurts either. Wink


Thanks for your adds. I know that I have some gramma issues here, and as the site is still under construction, would I modify it asap. I might need an helping hand with the gramma, and if someone better than me would like to give that helping hand, would I be happy to give some of my frih$ away for appreciance.

A little update note. Rosanova's site is now looking a little diffrent, as I would try to see if I've some use of MKPortal. As far as well does it seems like that I've found my portal, that would have great chances to beat out both Xoom and Nuke. But it's still an test, so I would find out more about that later.

Thanks to everone who allready is helping and then thanks to all new who would give an helping hand.

Thanks again!
Cheers!
TonkPilz
really nice looking page u have ther. i found it a little hard to read the txt in your "General Information" box coz the background colore and the font colore cinda mixd together well may yust be my crapy eye's tho Very Happy

GJ
{name here}
Ahh, MkPortal like my site, eh? Well the design is good, but the colour scheme is pretty bad with some menus not contrasting very well, especially above the shoutbox. You might want to fix the template a little bit. The site is good, though. I still can't get IPB to allow integration, though.
gothicgeek
Ugh, the new design looks pretty bad. The colors mesh terribly, and there is too many things on the homepage. I would definitely go back to the old desgin, it was perfect in my opinion, unless you really want all those things on the front page, then I'd say either change the color of the MKportal or change the color of the site itself.

Anyway, you wanted someone to help you with some of the grammar? Ok, I'll give it a shot. I'll try to make the homepage paragraph a little more readable.

'Welcome to Rosanova's Community Site
This site is actually meant mostly to be my private presentation site, but it is also a community site where I can share time together with my friends, or at least keep in contact.

The community is open to everybody, but mainly for people who have something serious to cope with. Anyone who attempts to disrupt this community will be dealt with immediately and in the worst cases, they will be reported to their ISP. My advice for all who would do harm here is to go elsewhere.

This page is still under development and as such you might find errors, missing links, broken graphics, etc. If you spot or experience any of these, please report it to me directly.

I hope that everyone greatly enjoys their time here, and has lots of fun.

Yours,
Rosanova.'

Ok, help that helps. Smile
AhmedSalmanJamal
Your website is very well designed ... copes with the factors of efficiency ... well integrated components ... a few tweakings required here and there but it seems to be functional in technical terms ... WELL DONE!!!
Rosanova
Hi there,

Thanks again to everyone who has added. About the colorscheme do I allready know that it's very bad, but I'm still working on the theme to fit the rest of the page. Then would many of these funktions that havn't any visual funktion at the page be trashed. I'm on my way on business trip right now, but sometime withn' the weekend would I mean that these would be solved.

TonkPilz wrote:
really nice looking page u have ther. i found it a little hard to read the txt in your "General Information" box coz the background colore and the font colore cinda mixd together well may yust be my crapy eye's tho Very Happy

GJ


I had sometime ago an tool that could help you to match the perfect bg color and color, but I can't find it anymore. I don't know if any have an idea where I can look for surch program, as I need it very much as I want that perfect match. I'll pay some frihS for whom who can help me in this case.

I might have found what I was looking for, but I havn't tested it yet. I found a program called Color Schemer Studio. I any others have any more like freeware they can advice, would I appreciate it much. Above program can be found at following page:

http://www.colorschemer.com/

Thanks again,
Cheers!

Animal wrote:
Please do not multiple-post. If you have something to add, use the "Edit" button instead. I have merged your double and triple posts.
sugarbox
Laughing I like "Pink".
Rosanova
sugarbox wrote:
Laughing I like "Pink".


Thanks! But I've expired that the color Pink isn't easy to work with.

Cheers!
gail1367
Hi,

I liked the layout and the design I liked the pink. But maybe something a little softer would be better on the eyes.

Rosanna I think you have done a great job it looks good to me.

But then If you have seen my site and forum I like colour.

Gail
Rosanova
gail1367 wrote:
Hi,

I liked the layout and the design I liked the pink. But maybe something a little softer would be better on the eyes.

Rosanna I think you have done a great job it looks good to me.

But then If you have seen my site and forum I like colour.

Gail


Hi,


Thanks for your comment. We know that about the theme color. At the moment are we working on the image part of the site, If you try to visit the site later today, you would find new icons on the site. The feet sektion would also change it's look, but I'll update this topic as soon it's ready.


Have a nice weekend and a happy easter
Cheers!
salman_500
nice site there.... nice colrs and all that.... but i think you need more members...
Rosanova
salman_500 wrote:
nice site there.... nice colrs and all that.... but i think you need more members...


Me too, but the site is still under construction, so I'm not so worried. By the way, why didn't you registrate yourself as a new member...Smile..Smile It's open for everyone.

Cheers!
otaku
The theme is ok. It's just a little much for me.
Oh yeah, I got a pop up ad (just a little annoing).
And I also found an error in your sessions.php.
It stated Headers already sent.

But I do like the orginazation and how well it comes togethor.
Very Happy Nice Job.
Rosanova
otaku wrote:
The theme is ok. It's just a little much for me.
Oh yeah, I got a pop up ad (just a little annoing).
And I also found an error in your sessions.php.
It stated Headers already sent.

But I do like the orginazation and how well it comes togethor.
Very Happy Nice Job.


Thank you for your observation, as I did also find that my site was inflected by worm. But thanks to our moderation team did I find the bug, and then killed it. And now does it looks like working again.

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi There,

As mentioned on a reply later in this forum, would I herby annonce following updates.

It's seems like that my girlfriend really like the new design where I did use MK Portal as framework, and then that she would like to keep it on that way.

So therefore isn't a test anymore, still a lot of bugs to be fixed, but it's working, and it's stable.

So at this topic would I continuesly update with a todo list and a done list as follow:


Todo:

- Fixing the theme color so it's more nice to read and to look on.
- Changeing the icons to some more colorful and funnier icons.
- Fixing that them bug at phpBB theme that is annoying the bagground color.
- Adding more photos to the photoalbum.
- Adding a link sektion
- Adding a guestbook

... more todo's would be added.


Done:

- Photos added to the photoalbum.

... I would add more points here as soon I've done something.


Remembering: The site is open for everone, so if you feel you would like to add you as member to the site, don't be too shy to add..Smile

That's all for this time..Smile

Cheers!

Update: As you can see do I still have trouble with the color themes, I might want help with this, is someone knows anything about MK-Portal and the connections between the themes in phpBB and the MK-Portal. PLEASE!
Rosanova
Hi there,

You might have found out that the development of the colortheme at the Rosanova main site has been quiet for a while. The reason is that it has been quit complicated to get the colortheme running as I want it to do. At the meantime had I working with a another CMS framework, also known by many, called Xoops.

The new project site do we call "TJ Playground", and it's a part of an old idea that we used to call "TJ Production". And you can find the site on following URL:

http://www.rosanova.frih.net/tjp/

To find more information about this project, please enter the site. There would come more adds in the near future.

See you!
Cheers!
IceCreamTruck
I like the site's look and graphic complexity, but I have a major problem with your statement about people messing around in your forums.

I never thought to mess with you until you said what you did right on the home page description!! I'm not a bad guy online, but I know there are those who would be provoked by such rude comments.

Yes, they are rude.

Considder changing your wording to state that messing around in the forums or message boards is not appriciated and abusive users will be removed without warning. There are nicer ways to warn people before they post. Explore them.

Otherwise the site is probably very appealing to people like yourself, but I personally hate the color pink. no offense.

GOOD JOB for a first complete production.
Rosanova
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I like the site's look and graphic complexity, but I have a major problem with your statement about people messing around in your forums.

I never thought to mess with you until you said what you did right on the home page description!! I'm not a bad guy online, but I know there are those who would be provoked by such rude comments.

Yes, they are rude.

Considder changing your wording to state that messing around in the forums or message boards is not appriciated and abusive users will be removed without warning. There are nicer ways to warn people before they post. Explore them.

Otherwise the site is probably very appealing to people like yourself, but I personally hate the color pink. no offense.

GOOD JOB for a first complete production.


Hi there,

Thanks, actually did I made the site for my girlfriend, who as you might had found out, as the color pink as favorite. You should probably also try to visit http://rosanova.frih.net/tjp/ that is my next project.

Yes, pink is very hard to work with and it's very exciting to try to work with something diffrent, and this is really diffrent.

It's also funny to work with several cms systems, and trying to hack it into that you wish it to looks like. But I think that Xoops might be the most easy one to hack, and then better do it have a lot of useful extentions.

Keep visiting the site, as both sites is still working in progress.


Have a nice warm summer...

Cheers!
Dark-Tech
i liked it but i didn't have the time or energy to register and test the features properly but from what i saw i liked the layout/ design and felt it was appropriate for the subject matter which i suppose because it was under developement has not all been added yet
warallthetm
Why do you need all this freeware for?? Grab Yourself a copy of dreamweaver mx 04 (legaly ofcource Laughing ) and your on your way! The colors of the navigation are very hard to read. You may want to make the text bold
Mr. McCoy
really a nice siteyou got there!!

i like the layout, and you got som good contents too!!

really nice site!!
keep i up!

McCoy
Rosanova
warallthetm wrote:
Why do you need all this freeware for?? Grab Yourself a copy of dreamweaver mx 04 (legaly ofcource Laughing ) and your on your way! The colors of the navigation are very hard to read. You may want to make the text bold


I agree about Dreamweaver, I've used it for a couple of years. But regarding working with PHP does I still prefer "freeware" tools like HTML-Kit etc.

Yes, I know that it's really hard colors and also hard colors to work with, but it makes it funny to work with.

Cheers!
Rosanova
Dark-Tech wrote:
i liked it but i didn't have the time or energy to register and test the features properly but from what i saw i liked the layout/ design and felt it was appropriate for the subject matter which i suppose because it was under developement has not all been added yet


Sorry! I'll give a clue when there is something to look on at the site. I've been down for a couple of weeks now, cause of network problems. Fixed now, and then back to work....Smile

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

Even that I'm not quit finished with the 2 other projects, the Rosanova Site and the TJP Site, has I now startet on the third site, called JHJ. Reason it that as a webmaster on the 2 other sites still not have an personal site. As we here at Frihost each have 250 Mb webhotel space, would I find it in place to share the space with my girlfriend, Rosanova, and the site can be found at following url: http://www.rosanova.frih.net/jhj.

At the TJP Site did I used the XOOPS 2.0.13.2 framework, but at my JHJ Site has I used XOOPS 2.2.3 Final framework, even that this release still are at Alfa/Beta state, but it still contains many exciting things and much more diffrent to the 2.0.13.2 framework.

I'm just still at the beginning for the development stage, but I'll let you know when there would be something to watch on at the site, so don't worry. This isn't finished at the beginning yet.

See you all and thanks for all your patience.

Cheers!
Webmaster
Rosanova
Hi there,

As my own private site has it's own layout, that has nothing to do with Rosanova's site, even that it's still me who is the webmaster on it. Has I decided to migrate the topic regarding jhj's private site into it's own topic. The only reason to this is that I don't want to mix these to sites, as it wouldn't be fair to mix two diffrent sites with two diffrent layout and technologies.

I don't know what the moderators think about this, but it isn't spam and I haven't found anything that says that you can't advertise two diffrent sites on the same domain at two diffrent topics. If there exists rules about that, please let me know instead of giving a warning.


This site is to be find on following url:

http://www.rosanova.frih.net/jhj

And the topic on:



Hope to get alot of comments and mostly alot of good inspirations and hints.

See you!

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

It's a long time since that there has been some update news about Rosanova's homesite.

New website is in progress!

We have decided to take the MK-Portal site down, and change the portal engine into Xoop Cube.

The main layout would almost be like it always had been, but just some ajustments that wasn't possible at the MK-Portal.

We account that the new site would be published withn' this month, and this would of cause be annonced in this topic.


Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

After long time with fighting with the past site, has the site now been converted and modifyed into a new and better look.

We had trying working with diffrent CMS systems like Xoops, Xoops Cube and finnaly e107.

E107 seems to be the most perfect solution to making the site, and the most reason is it's easy costumizely framework, what had been missing in the most of other systems.

What you're seeing now is most like, just installed. But in near future would it be up and running 100% (allmost).

We would like to hear any comments that could help us to make it more better.


Thanks in advice


Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

A little site update regarding reconstruction of the new site look.

It seems like that there is some smaller issues with getting the site look at some modules/plugins fit the rest of the theme.

I did tried to search the source to find the connections between the theme and the modules, and it also seems like to be a detective work.

This is the main reason to the delay to getting the work finished, but I still don't think that it's a bigger issue, but I would advice as far it has been finished.

I hope that when it's finished that there would be a storm of new members and visitors.


Thanks for patience.

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

Since the upgrade to php ver. 2 do we have several of unsolved problems to make the site work as it did before the upgrade. We have tried everything but nothing has worked until now, but the strange thing is that we had tried to install in a new folder and with a new database, and that worked. So could there be any connection bugs that can complicate the upgrade of php related to the MySQL, and could there be a way to solve the problem without making a new installation?

Is there any who can help here???

Thanks!

Cheers!
asim
Hi buddies,

this is great, you have given me a new application, nice clean work with good CMS, and using valid xHTML and CSS really nice, buddy keep it up. well theres a similar application called Joomla. So just try the application and do post back.... waiting.

thanks all.
Rosanova
asim wrote:
Hi buddies,

this is great, you have given me a new application, nice clean work with good CMS, and using valid xHTML and CSS really nice, buddy keep it up. well theres a similar application called Joomla. So just try the application and do post back.... waiting.

thanks all.


Hi there,

I've already tried joomla, but I didn't think that it made the same possibilities regarding scalability as e107, but it then sad that the development isn't fast as joomla. But what ever you can't get it all at same time.


Thanks!

Cheers!
regards
Great! I appreciate your work very much. I love the new design of your website, especially the nice looking menu. You said that you've redesigned your website for one year, and I would like to tell you your work worth it! You have got a highly functional website now, and hopefully more visitors. Another thing is that you can put more advertisements on your website. Your website and your visitors must have the abilities to afford them, and you can earn more income!

Good luck! Laughing Regards
Rosanova
regards wrote:
Great! I appreciate your work very much. I love the new design of your website, especially the nice looking menu. You said that you've redesigned your website for one year, and I would like to tell you your work worth it! You have got a highly functional website now, and hopefully more visitors. Another thing is that you can put more advertisements on your website. Your website and your visitors must have the abilities to afford them, and you can earn more income!

Good luck! Laughing Regards


Hi there,

Thanks allot for appreciation. It's always nice to get positive feed back for allot of hard working and patiences. Hope that you would went back the site sometimes again and of cause add you as a member. The English version would be produced as soon the rest of the site is finished and working, it's only some module adjustments and language translations etc.

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

As an brilliant add to the Frihost community, has we created an blog regarding site updates on http://www.frihost.com/users/Rosanova/blog/vc-155.html.

The blog is almost meant as an site creating diary, where everyone can follow the creating of the site and problems and solutions.

The reason why, is just simple like that you sometimes need to let others getting involved and hopefully getting inspirations from others to find some better solutions on bugs, hacks or just problems generally.

Probably could this blog also give inspiration to others who is working with e107.


Cheers!
Rosanova
Hi there,

Next stage of Rosanova's Community site has taken it's stage, and with this major evolution has the page also changed it's name to "Rosanova's Universe Of The Invisible Outsider".

We had tried several of CMS programs, and none of them was as powerful as XOOPS. So in the same time as XOOPS released their ver. 2.3 (the last before 3.0) did we decide to migrate.

Check it out!!!

Cheers!
Related topics
Install Mambo 4.5.2 And Vbulletin 3.0.7
The Best EJB 3.0 Flash PPT
3D modeling / imaging website question.
phpBB 3.0 / phpBB 2.2 / Olympus Discussion
Aquastrike's Realm Redux-3.0 BETA
phpBB 3.0 Beta1 Release
.NET 3.0 RC1 - What it is ????
Firefox 3.0 cada vez más cerca
phpBB 2.0.22 -> phpBB 3.0.RC8
Error Upon Installing phpBB 3.0.2
Opera 9.5 & Firefox 3.0 Not working. IE 7 Working. !?Pro
Rosanova's Site ver. 3.0
Joomla! 3.0 support
Joomla 3.0 Magic Quotes GPC Off
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Advertise Your Website

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.