FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any other "Boy Scouts" here? (As in, not guides).

blackheart
I'm a Venturer, anyone else? - from BSA, or Scouts Australia, etc, etc?

Just curious.
Vrythramax
I was a Cub Scout, then a Boy Scout, then an Eagle Scout....I thought it was great fun. Then computers came into my life and all that went away Sad

I still go camping 3 or 4 times a year, that's my idea of a vacation.
Phil
You know, I'm almost 40 now and I still remember when I was a Boy Scout. I had a blast. But our leaders where very committed. That made a huge difference. We were always doing something.
My kids now are involved in a Church Organization called Royal Rangers. It's very similiar, but the leaders aren't as involved.
I wish i could get more involved, and do when I can, but my work schedule prevents a whole lot.
Vrythramax
LOL...I heard that Phil, it seemed some of our scout masters thought they were in the Marines or something...I don't know if I'll ever have to kill a bear with nothing but a stick Very Happy
guissmo
I am a Boy Scout.

I just can't find time for camping anymore 'coz school activities are getting over them.
Jack_Hammer
I'm in the Army (English Army), does that count?
Marston
Vrythramax wrote:
I was a Cub Scout, then a Boy Scout, then an Eagle Scout....I thought it was great fun. Then computers came into my life and all that went away Sad

I still go camping 3 or 4 times a year, that's my idea of a vacation.
Haha, that made me laugh. I used to be the Canadian equivilant of a Cub Scout (Beavers, I believe it's called.) After I "graduated" from Beavers, I went to some other group, but I quit right away. I'm too lazy to meet up for crap like that.
blackheart
guissmo wrote:
I am a Boy Scout.

I just can't find time for camping anymore 'coz school activities are getting over them.

Lol, yea, I'm busy as shit.

Already busy, and have Venturers tomorrow night and have a "camp" from friday thru to sunday night...
AND I have h/w and a VCE outcome on wednesday nxt week...
Jack_Hammer
[quote="blackheart"]
guissmo wrote:
Would you die for your cause or just your hair

I think me being in the army also answers that question.
Wink
blackheart
[quote="Jack_Hammer"]
blackheart wrote:
guissmo wrote:
Would you die for your cause or just your hair

I think me being in the army also answers that question.
Wink

Lol yea - army kicks boy scout ass...
cfackler
I joined Cub Scouts in elementary school. I graduated to Boy Scouts, and now I am finally an Eagle Scout preparing to graduate from High School.

I cherish many memories from Boy Scouts, from all the hikes to my first overnight campout to hanging out with the other members of my troop.

The BSA is an awesome organization; I think all boys should become involved with it.
horseatingweeds
Jack_Hammer wrote:
I'm in the Army (English Army), does that count?

YES Jack_Hammer, That DEFINITELY Counts........

Just busting your balls "mate". Just because your rifles look like toys doesn't mean you don't kick some asss.

Just be careful fighting along side the US arm. You guys tend to take more casualties from us than the enemy. Sorry about that.
ainieas
For reasons unknown to me I opted for Junior Red Cross instead of Scouts and I lived to regret that decision!!
ccarter24
I was in Boy Scouts and became an Eagle Scout. It was a good experience. I learned a lot of good stuff and it kept me out of trouble. I still remember the scout oath and law and all that. Good stuff. I don't remember how to tie any knots though.
DiabloTestDriver
blackheart wrote:
I'm a Venturer, anyone else? - from BSA, or Scouts Australia, etc, etc?

Just curious.

i'm a boy scout in turkey
Code of Ruin
I am afraid my time as a boy scout was rather short-lived, a weekend actually. We had this really stupid leader who was very upset I was teaching the other kids choke holds and other rather aggresive self-defense techniques.
blackheart
cfackler wrote:
The BSA is an awesome organization; I think all boys should become involved with it.

Personally, I think more girls should start joining... you don't seem to haveanywhere near as many over there as here - (it's probably a third female here).
7gts-scout
Hi, we are from 7th Georgetown(s) Scout Group(7gts) from Malaysia! Wink

Those scout out there, please visit this website! Laughing

http://www.scoutcommunity.com - Large community of scout all over the world