FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Translation tool 4 my site?

medoneman
i need to know the best translation software, to be able to translate my site to french.
the translation of a phrase must keep the same meaning.
root
You're probably going to want to get a professional translation (by a human) because most translators aren't advanced enough to keep the original meaning of the phrase 100% of the time. And if you can't translate it yourself, are you sure you need to appeal to a French audience?
Vrythramax
I'm pretty sure Yahoo has a translation link, but I'm afraid I don't know the URL Sad
myrevolt
http://google.com/translate_t but I'd be careful because it can't diffrienciate between words with similar meanings. I'd recommend using a tool like Google's and then have a friend that is fluent in French check it over to make sure it retains the orginal meaning more or less. obviously if you have large audience a professional would be the way to go; if its just a handful of visitors free tools outta work Wink
darth_revan
www.freetranslation.com

free or not, this site is the best...
Animal
I use AltaVista's Babel Fish Translator:

http://world.altavista.com/

It's quite accurate, quick and free, but as with all automated translators, it's not going to be 100% accurate. Certain phrases may get confused because it will directly translate the words so meanings could be lost.

However, the Babel Fish translator engine is used by many online translation pages, so this suggests it's one of the most established.

As root said, if you want 100% accuracy, you would really need to pay a professional.