FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to get more visitors to my site?

medoneman
hello everybody, does anywone know the best way to increase the number of visitors, i've tried indexation with special word keys but it doesn't work.
Is there any software 4 that?
SoftStag
It takes time to get visitors to your site. Make sure you have good original content, and plenty of links. Google will index it, and if you have a lot of links, and good original content, then visitors will start to come.

If you can't wait, or your content isn't up to scratch, then you will have to advertise. Another way is to use sites that drive traffic to your site like www.trafficswarm.com however they tend to bring volume, but not worthwile or targeted traffic.
Mgccl
content is what important to ALLLLLLL website
just think about it
there is one site which has nothing but in the top of search engine
and when the 1st time people enter it, they will never enter again

but the other has sooooo rich content(like wikipedia), people will revist, and tell other people to visit it
xorcist
You have to have good content a nice layout and always keep it updating. Have something there that will keep visitors comming back all of the time.
Submit your website to search engines, and have people link to your site from there site and try to just interact with the users.
raaeft1
I joined traffic swarm today to drive traffic to my forums
http://www.abundance.frih.net/forums/phpBB2

Do such programmes really help in driving targetted traffic and are these compatible with the policies of Frihost?
Dragonfly
Guys, all you need is a quality content in your website. Write your own content not just copying from third party websites. When you write on your own it gives special identity to your website. And people who searches on the web can find them since search engines like to pick different sources from the same topic as well. But if you copy from third party websites the search engines will consider yours as a mirror site of others and will not index easily on top though you may still find yourself as the last page or so.
SoftStag
raaeft1 wrote:
I joined traffic swarm today to drive traffic to my forums
http://www.abundance.frih.net/forums/phpBB2

Do such programmes really help in driving targetted traffic and are these compatible with the policies of Frihost?

These programs drive traffic to your site, but it is not really targeted. Your stats may look good, but people will only view the one page and not use the site.

I don't think this is against Frihost's policy in any way, so long as you don't go over your badwidth usage Smile
xorcist
Look around at different sites that has advertising links around it and just tell them about your wbesie and ask them if you would like to link to it. Just go to different forums and put your website in your signiture and be an active member on there so they could always see your website down at the bottom of every post. Just keep giving out your link to everyone and post it everywhere you go.
meetul
SoftStag wrote:
It takes time to get visitors to your site. Make sure you have good original content, and plenty of links. Google will index it, and if you have a lot of links, and good original content, then visitors will start to come.

If you can't wait, or your content isn't up to scratch, then you will have to advertise. Another way is to use sites that drive traffic to your site like www.trafficswarm.com however they tend to bring volume, but not worthwile or targeted traffic.

How do these sites work? Do they drive the real humans or the traffic is just the automated robots which just increases our stats on the cost of our bandwidth?
SoftStag
meetul wrote:
SoftStag wrote:

How do these sites work? Do they drive the real humans or the traffic is just the automated robots which just increases our stats on the cost of our bandwidth?

They drive real humans, but people who benefit from clicking a link to your site, not that they actually want to look at your site.
zyee
remember, google loves content, make sure your site content plenty of content, so that it can appear in google search result.also, make sure other website link to your site.
lancerfootwear
hai everybody, does anywone know the best way to increase the number of visitors, i've listened about indexation with special word keys but i Don't know about that, please explain me that and is there any web site where I can advertise my Web site free of cost Please help me.
Is there any software 4 that.
SoftStag
lancerfootwear wrote:
hai everybody, does anywone know the best way to increase the number of visitors, i've listened about indexation with special word keys but i Don't know about that, please explain me that and is there any web site where I can advertise my Web site free of cost Please help me.
Is there any software 4 that.

There are many internet directories where you can advertise your site free of charge. The one that is regarded the best is http://dmoz.org/ however I'm sure a Google search will get you plenty more.

The best way to drive traffic is to have good content and get links from sites that have content about the same content.

One thing you haven't done is add your site to your profile in this forum, or put it in your signature. If you do this then more people are likely to find out about your site.
fx-trading-education
Do you know how often the best search engines such as Google crawl the web to find new websites? I guess it's not so often compare to the frequency of just updating the rank of the existing ones.
seoconsultant
Hi,

The best way to get a traffic to a site is to choose keywords that drive traffic to a site and visitors. First you choose keywords that have many daily searches on search engines.

You can get a help by using these online free tools for daily searches estimates by using online WordTracker and Overture.

Here're the links:

http://www.nichebot.com/ and

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/

Simply type relevant keywords and see how many daily searches have a keyword on WordTracker and Overture. Please consider that this is an estimate and not a "precise" daily searches on search engines and you can even get a traffic to a site if a keyword that you are intending to optimize site for is not listed in these databases.

Get content rich text, get a lot of articles to a site, relevant to a site theme, Google as well other search engines love content, get inbound links, here is a list for free directory inclusions, there are more than 500 free directories where you can get inbound links:

http://www.addurl.nu/

If you have a budget you can run PPC ads and get instant sales. This is another way of getting a traffic as well as sales to a site.

Regards,
Seoconsultant
sherby
one very good way of free and targeted traffic is dmoz but it's so hard to register your site to it, and it might take months if not years, i've register my website there from almost one year, my site is still not there, but now i have a good way to add ur website there ,
easy ask them to become an editor and choose a directory they will answer u in 24 hours after that u can add any website u like Laughing