FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Henri Charrière - Papillon

surbz00r
This is my absolute favourite book (and "Banco", the continued story). It's a real story about a French criminal judged for a murder he didn't commit, and sent to a South-American prison early in the 20ieth century. You are told about the everyday life in prison, how they build a community, and how cruel many of the prisoners can be - just like the tv-series "Oz", just real life. No-one has ever managed to escape, before Papillon (the main character), and you are told about how he discovers a community of indians, how he establishes a strip club, and how he almost causes mass fights in the street, and is about to throw molotovs on the mob trying to break into his club (this happens in "Banco").

Both books are thrilling, exciting and worth reading!
Ioana
Is it the book after which has been made the movie "Papillon" with Steve Mc Queen?

Just of curiosity - I have seen the movie so many years ago, that I don't remember very well and son't realize whether it's the story you write about. It was about an escape from prison, but the rest you write doesn't sound so familiar to me.
Vrythramax
I liked the book alot more than the movie....but the movie was pretty good also.