FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can ftp/directadmin but can't show webpage

time_ar
I set up my site yesterday and it was working fine. Today morning when I tried to access it the webpage didn't show up but only showed some 'It's working!' apache stuff... I can access ftp/directAdmin though. The files are still there.

Can someone help me?
eepman
The problem is usually with domain names. If you set up a domain for this account make sure that both public_html folders have the stuff in 'em or set redirection from one to the other in directadmin.
mathiaus
The server recently downgraded (or upgraded some consider) to apache 1 from apache 2. You may need to delete and re-upload your index.html file
time_ar
I see..

I deleted and re-uploaded index.html. Couldn't solve the problem.. It seems like the site is not accessing the files under public_html directory. I tried access my phpBB2 index.php directly too but the browser couldn't find it. However, those files are there in public_html if I connect to the ftp site or use file manager in directAdmin...

Should I do anything using directAdmin if the apache is downgraded?

mathiaus wrote:
The server recently downgraded (or upgraded some consider) to apache 1 from apache 2. You may need to delete and re-upload your index.html file
Bondings
time_ar, this error occurs when some settings are configured improperly. If you have recently changed/removed your public_hmtl file or changed any settings then that might be the case. Otherwise there might be a chance that there is a misconfiguration with the server settings for your domain and path.

Either way, it will be hard to fix this problem. I already tried some things but I doubt it will help. So I won't to know whether you put a lot of work into your website or not as of yet. If you would only have to reupload your files, then it would be easier to reset your account (delete and remake). If you created databases and other things that can take a while to setup, then I'll try a few other things to get it working again.
time_ar
Thanks bondings. Nope, I didn't move the directory. My site is just started so it's not a big deal to reset. I am just confused that it's not even load up the index.html under public_html directory. Should I delete the folder complete and then recreat?

Thanks again.

Bondings wrote:
time_ar, this error occurs when some settings are configured improperly. If you have recently changed/removed your public_hmtl file or changed any settings then that might be the case. Otherwise there might be a chance that there is a misconfiguration with the server settings for your domain and path.

Either way, it will be hard to fix this problem. I already tried some things but I doubt it will help. So I won't to know whether you put a lot of work into your website or not as of yet. If you would only have to reupload your files, then it would be easier to reset your account (delete and remake). If you created databases and other things that can take a while to setup, then I'll try a few other things to get it working again.
time_ar
I tried fully deleting the public_html, recreating, and then reloading index.html just to see if i can see a webpage load up. But it still shows the apache stuff. I have no clue.. It happened right after the apache downgraded, as somebody told me...

Since my site is just started, I don't mind recreating all the database and forum. Not much has been done anyway. Can you help me reset my site?

Thanks a lot!

time_ar wrote:
Thanks bondings. Nope, I didn't move the directory. My site is just started so it's not a big deal to reset. I am just confused that it's not even load up the index.html under public_html directory. Should I delete the folder complete and then recreat?

Thanks again.

Bondings wrote:

Bondings
Please check your pm for the new password. My apologies for all inconveniences because of the account reset.
time_ar
Hi Bondings,

Thank you so much for your work!
For a while it still didn't work for me. Then I tried another PC and it worked. So I figured it could be the cookies. After I cleared my browser's private data, it works well on the original PC. Maybe the cookie set by the Apache 2.0 server had problems with the newly downgraded Apache 1.0 server. Internet is a mystic place Razz

I apologize too. It could be this browser problem causing unnecessary work for you.

The problem is solved. Thanks guys.

time_ar

Bondings wrote:
Please check your pm for the new password. My apologies for all inconveniences because of the account reset.
Bondings
time_ar wrote:
I apologize too. It could be this browser problem causing unnecessary work for you.

This always happens with apache pages. You need to refresh the page a few times (holding ctrl if needed) before the actual page appears. I think the server sends out a message that the page should be cached. But before I reset your account there really was a problem as I had exactly the same problem.

Anyway, I'm going to -close- this thread as it seems to be solved. If you need it to be reopened, please pm me or just create a new thread.